Nivea A Kiss of Moisture

Microcrystalline Wax, Octyldodecanol, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Cetyl Palmitate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Myristyl Myristate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Polyglyceryl 3 Diisostearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Coco Glycerides, Pentaerithrityl Tetraisostearate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), C20 40 Alkyl Stearate, Copernicia Cerifera (Camauba) Wax, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Panthenol, Beeswax, Water, Fragrance

on 10/18/2011 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This balm is just okay. It's better then chapstick because it doesn't give that mucky (think car wax) feeling on the lips. On the other hand, it's not too goopy and sticky like tree sap. The texture is perfect and just gives a nice natural shield of moisture with no heavy feel or buildup. However, the moisture only lasts about 15 minutes before I'm reaching for the tube again to reapply. If this had better staying power, I would repurchase it and give it a better rating.

on 10/18/2011 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I use a LOT of lip balm. I ended up using this on my cuticles because it just didn't have the staying power on my lips. The smell is light and pleasant, and the consistency is smooth. However, it doesn't seem to stay put and I found myself reapplying more often than normal. If you dislike heavy, waxier balms, you might like this.

on 10/18/2011 4:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I was in search of a new chapstick, and bought a light blue tube at the grocery store. My initial impression was not good, as it felt like I had applied waxy lotion rather than a lip balm. It didn't really sink in and there was no shine whatsoever. But I have since discovered a great use for this. I swipe a bit on my lips before lipstick, as it smooths and softens enough to facilitate an even application. If you try to use a regular lip balm for this, they tend to be too greasy and the lipstick slides all over the place. So here the lotion-like texture works to great advantage, smoothing all the rough places away and preventing the lipstick from sinking into fine lines. The lipstick seals in the moisture and doesn't wear unevenly. I keep a tube of this with all my lipsticks and always put it on first, even when using a liner or stain. But if I want a chapstick or lip balm, I use something else.

on 10/17/2011 9:27:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a review for the light blue tube. I love this stuff one of my girlfriends turned me on to this and I refuse to by anything else. I've tried other products that strip my lips of moisture but this doesn't not for me at least. As far as staying power goes I can go about 2-3 hours without having to reapply.

on 10/11/2011 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Nivea products don't fare very well with my lips. It's actually very hard for me to find a lip balm (drugstore OR high end) that doesn't make my lips chap and dry out even worse, and this one is one of the many that do, as does Nivea Kiss of Milk & Honey. This stuff completely strips my lips of moisture when it rubs off. It's rather nice while it's on, but my lips feel rather tight after 10 minutes of application, and they feel even worse when its gone. Not a pretty feeling. I don't know why so many lip balms do this to me; the only lip balm that works for me is Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm. But with Nivea, I like the texture of it, it doesn't feel too waxy, but i just don't see myself repurchasing. And, for some reason, in many of my local stores, it's actually more expensive than Burt's Bees.

on 10/11/2011 3:48:00 PM

Good product. Cheap and works well. It does moisturize well. Can't wait to try the rest of the Nivea lip balms.

on 9/30/2011 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a review for the honey version of this lip balm. I was always grabbing my daughter's version in the light blue tube because it feels so good going on and continues to feel good as it is moisturizing and protecting my lips. The honey one was on sale at the grocery store one day so I purchased it. It's my go-to lip balm while I'm reading or watching TV at night and I apply it again before I go to sleep. It does its job and is light in scent. It's not greasy, so it doesn't shine up my lips too bad (ahem--Carmex) in case my hubby wants to kiss me goodnight--he won't be offended by a strong-smelling, greasy lip bomb. Nivea is a great line overall (I use their body moisturizers just about every day) and I will continue buying their products forever. I took a couple lippies off for the packaging/overall rating however because I notice the balm screws itself back down slightly when I am applying it and sometimes I have to screw it back up to continue applying. The cap doesn't always click back on securely so I am not sure I'd be comfortable throwing this in my tote bag for fear that the cap would come off and ruin the balm. If you've never tried Nivea's lip care: Go For It!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Really moisturising and hydrating! Im not a big fan of the scent. But i dont mind it. Love how it gives my lips my nice hydrated look!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is the best lip balm I've tried so far!
It doesn't have a weird smell, and it leaves your lips soft and smooth, without looking like you ate too much fried chicken and forgot to wipe your mouth.

This is a review for the essential version - dark blue tube. Important to clarify that because this is the best one! I love this lip balm. My absolute favourite. I've tried many other brands and I always go back to this one. I prefer this to the lighter version (light blue tube). This one is thicker and more moisturizing. Some of my friends have complained that this one is too heavy - but I prefer the texture and moisturization of this one.

The product itself is soft, so it can sort of break in the tube if you aren't careful. The softness is what makes it feel so luxurious to apply, imo. I prefer it when it's a bit warm - right out of my pocket, for example. I have found in the past that this product can spoil (i.e. you forget it in a drawer somewhere, find it again and it's got a funky smell). I have never had a lip balm go funky on me except for this one - maybe something to do with whatever makes it non-waxy/softer. I also find that I go through this faster because it is so soft (especially when warmed up).

The best part about this lip balm is that it doesn't dry out my lips after some time has elapsed (ahem, softlips). There's no irritants that are needlessly drying. I'm one of those people that alwaaaays needs lip balm. I start feeling like my lips are chapped if I suddenly realize I forgot some. This is not one of those lip balms that makes me feel like I need to keep re-applying - like some sort of lip balm dependent junky.

Yes I would repurchase again and again. Great gentle lip balm especially for the winter or a more deep conditioning treatment. Definitely a thicker, heavier consistency so not sure how this would hold up under lipstick or if those types of products irritate your skin.