April 19, 2014 | 1839 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Moisture

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 2:13:00 AM More reviews by lindsayloohoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a review for the essential version - dark blue tube. Important to clarify that because this is the best one! I love this lip balm. My absolute favourite. I've tried many other brands and I always go back to this one. I prefer this to the lighter version (light blue tube). This one is thicker and more moisturizing. Some of my friends have complained that this one is too heavy - but I prefer the texture and moisturization of this one.

The product itself is soft, so it can sort of break in the tube if you aren't careful. The softness is what makes it feel so luxurious to apply, imo. I prefer it when it's a bit warm - right out of my pocket, for example. I have found in the past that this product can spoil (i.e. you forget it in a drawer somewhere, find it again and it's got a funky smell). I have never had a lip balm go funky on me except for this one - maybe something to do with whatever makes it non-waxy/softer. I also find that I go through this faster because it is so soft (especially when warmed up).

The best part about this lip balm is that it doesn't dry out my lips after some time has elapsed (ahem, softlips). There's no irritants that are needlessly drying. I'm one of those people that alwaaaays needs lip balm. I start feeling like my lips are chapped if I suddenly realize I forgot some. This is not one of those lip balms that makes me feel like I need to keep re-applying - like some sort of lip balm dependent junky.

Yes I would repurchase again and again. Great gentle lip balm especially for the winter or a more deep conditioning treatment. Definitely a thicker, heavier consistency so not sure how this would hold up under lipstick or if those types of products irritate your skin.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This balm (along with Chapsticks Naturals) are my absolute be-all-end-all HG lip balms. I really adore the packaging on the Nivea ones, which I guess isn't so important. The formula is very nice, they feel like silk on the lips. I use both the original Kiss of Moisture (dark blue tube) and the SPF 4 version (light blue tube.) They both perform well and they smell the same, so I don't notice any difference. I like this balm under l/s or gloss. It can be a bit thick, but most people don't think that's a problem when it comes to protecting your lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 3:10:00 AM More reviews by ihearttmac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

SO MOISTIRIZING! if you have chapped lips this will be your life savor! it feels so good on your lips and lasts. the packaging is also very cute. smells amazing also (:

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 6:35:00 AM More reviews by ElenaaH

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Best chapstick I have ever used! I have been obsessed with this stuff ever since I started using it a few years ago. It is so moisturizing and makes your lips so soft! I've used many chapstcks and lip balms and nothing compares to this. It can be a tad pricier than other drugstore lip balms but it is honestly the best and if you look around you can usually catch good deals on it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Jenny7909

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this lip balm just wish I could find mine not sure where it went. Would love to try the milk and honey one.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by pixelpanda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I bought this, the lip balm inside was screwed up so every time I twisted it down, the balm would scrape against the container. I should've known then that this wasn't going to be the product for me. Like the Chapstick Moisturizing Lip Balm, it gave me weird milia-like bumps on my lips (I don't share cosmetics so I know it's not because of an infection or anything like that). It wasn't moisturizing either. I felt like it didn't do anything for my dry lips--it only proceeded to make my lips look worse! The SPF isn't great either. The only thing I like about it is the vanilla-ish scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by borrricua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very moisturizing. Nice consistency. A little pricey for a drugstore lip balm. I love that it has SPF.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by KPF760

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was skeptical about this balm at first because of the hype surrounding it on YT. A lot of times things that get hyped up by gurus turn out to be underwhelming. I ended up buying it after someone said it makes a good lip primer. This does work well to prime my lips before lipstick. What I do is put it on for a few minutes till it sinks in, pat my lips with a tissue then put on my lip erase then lipstick and gloss (if I'm using a gloss, not really big into it though) My lips feel moisturized and my lipstick lasts quite a while. I also use it just by itself. This balm doesn't feel waxy or sticky at all, it's very smooth. It's kind of soft so it breaks easily in the tube. It's not super thick on the lips, but it doesn't feel like nothing is there. It is soothing and lasts for a long time compared to some balms. It's not the absolute most healing or nourishing balm I've ever used but I like it quite a bit for daily use. I keep one in my purse and at my desk. I use something more nourishing at night before bed.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by LizSaysSo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can't sing the compliments of this balm enough! It smooths and locks in moisture, rather than merely sitting on top of the lips like most wax-based chapsticks, and the faintly sweet scent/taste is yummy without breaching offensive.

The cherry on top for me is the lack of sheer cherry color; you can apply it on the go, and, if you mess up, the skin above your upper lip isn't stained all day like with some colored competitors. I love it, love it, love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by hellocopter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best lip balm I've ever used! There is definitely a difference between Nivea lip balms - the dark blue is the one that is the best. This is the first lip balm I've used in my entire life that I finished and repurchased. I would (and have) highly recommend this to everyone!