July 29, 2014 | 2128 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Moisture

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 10:12:00 AM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

This is a review for the honey version of this lip balm. I was always grabbing my daughter's version in the light blue tube because it feels so good going on and continues to feel good as it is moisturizing and protecting my lips. The honey one was on sale at the grocery store one day so I purchased it. It's my go-to lip balm while I'm reading or watching TV at night and I apply it again before I go to sleep. It does its job and is light in scent. It's not greasy, so it doesn't shine up my lips too bad (ahem--Carmex) in case my hubby wants to kiss me goodnight--he won't be offended by a strong-smelling, greasy lip bomb. Nivea is a great line overall (I use their body moisturizers just about every day) and I will continue buying their products forever. I took a couple lippies off for the packaging/overall rating however because I notice the balm screws itself back down slightly when I am applying it and sometimes I have to screw it back up to continue applying. The cap doesn't always click back on securely so I am not sure I'd be comfortable throwing this in my tote bag for fear that the cap would come off and ruin the balm. If you've never tried Nivea's lip care: Go For It!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 2:41:00 AM More reviews by ChanelLove07

Really moisturising and hydrating! Im not a big fan of the scent. But i dont mind it. Love how it gives my lips my nice hydrated look!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by maggie4makeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is the best lip balm I've tried so far!
It doesn't have a weird smell, and it leaves your lips soft and smooth, without looking like you ate too much fried chicken and forgot to wipe your mouth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 2:13:00 AM More reviews by lindsayloohoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a review for the essential version - dark blue tube. Important to clarify that because this is the best one! I love this lip balm. My absolute favourite. I've tried many other brands and I always go back to this one. I prefer this to the lighter version (light blue tube). This one is thicker and more moisturizing. Some of my friends have complained that this one is too heavy - but I prefer the texture and moisturization of this one.

The product itself is soft, so it can sort of break in the tube if you aren't careful. The softness is what makes it feel so luxurious to apply, imo. I prefer it when it's a bit warm - right out of my pocket, for example. I have found in the past that this product can spoil (i.e. you forget it in a drawer somewhere, find it again and it's got a funky smell). I have never had a lip balm go funky on me except for this one - maybe something to do with whatever makes it non-waxy/softer. I also find that I go through this faster because it is so soft (especially when warmed up).

The best part about this lip balm is that it doesn't dry out my lips after some time has elapsed (ahem, softlips). There's no irritants that are needlessly drying. I'm one of those people that alwaaaays needs lip balm. I start feeling like my lips are chapped if I suddenly realize I forgot some. This is not one of those lip balms that makes me feel like I need to keep re-applying - like some sort of lip balm dependent junky.

Yes I would repurchase again and again. Great gentle lip balm especially for the winter or a more deep conditioning treatment. Definitely a thicker, heavier consistency so not sure how this would hold up under lipstick or if those types of products irritate your skin.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This balm (along with Chapsticks Naturals) are my absolute be-all-end-all HG lip balms. I really adore the packaging on the Nivea ones, which I guess isn't so important. The formula is very nice, they feel like silk on the lips. I use both the original Kiss of Moisture (dark blue tube) and the SPF 4 version (light blue tube.) They both perform well and they smell the same, so I don't notice any difference. I like this balm under l/s or gloss. It can be a bit thick, but most people don't think that's a problem when it comes to protecting your lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 3:10:00 AM More reviews by ihearttmac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

SO MOISTIRIZING! if you have chapped lips this will be your life savor! it feels so good on your lips and lasts. the packaging is also very cute. smells amazing also (:

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2011 6:35:00 AM More reviews by ElenaaH

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Best chapstick I have ever used! I have been obsessed with this stuff ever since I started using it a few years ago. It is so moisturizing and makes your lips so soft! I've used many chapstcks and lip balms and nothing compares to this. It can be a tad pricier than other drugstore lip balms but it is honestly the best and if you look around you can usually catch good deals on it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2011 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Jenny7909

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this lip balm just wish I could find mine not sure where it went. Would love to try the milk and honey one.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by pixelpanda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When I bought this, the lip balm inside was screwed up so every time I twisted it down, the balm would scrape against the container. I should've known then that this wasn't going to be the product for me. Like the Chapstick Moisturizing Lip Balm, it gave me weird milia-like bumps on my lips (I don't share cosmetics so I know it's not because of an infection or anything like that). It wasn't moisturizing either. I felt like it didn't do anything for my dry lips--it only proceeded to make my lips look worse! The SPF isn't great either. The only thing I like about it is the vanilla-ish scent.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by borrricua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very moisturizing. Nice consistency. A little pricey for a drugstore lip balm. I love that it has SPF.