December 21, 2014 | 1697 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Make Up For Ever - HD Microperfecting Primer in 0 Neutral

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by macpixie55

I really wanted to like this primer. The major issue I had with it was that I would put it on and by the time I was done smoothing it onto my face it was so dry that my makeup just sat on top of it and never melted into my skin at all. As a result, all my foundation could easily just be wiped away and touching my face at all left me with a "patchy" skintone. Also, it was over-drying to the point my face almost looked chapped. Will not buy again! I found the Laura Mercier primer after this and fell in love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Definitely HG primer for me. To begin with, I don't have very oily skin, wrinkles or dilated pores and my major issue is the longetivity of the foundation. This is the only primer that helped my liquid foundation to stay longer during the summer. I think it does help to contol oilies, but don't expect this to work as good as a matifying primer.

The texture is a nice non-greasy fluid. Dries on skin quickly. However, this is highly fragranced and luckily it didn't cause skin allergy or whatever.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 10:40:00 AM More reviews by MoiBelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried quite a lot of primers already to name a few; Smashbox, Chanel, Philosophy, Guerlain,MAC. none of them really impressed me as much as this one did. I really like this primer. It applies so easy, and is not silicone overload. consistency of a light lotion moisturizer, and is moisturizing enough for my very dry skin without being greasy. it feels silky smooth to the skin. So far it holds my foundation well (I used it under Rimmel 16hr Mineral Enriched Foundation and the result was fantastic! airbrushed skin, like a doll), but then, I used a long lasting foundation. I will try it with other foundations and will update later. I like the scent and the packaging. As per the price I think it is pricey for a 30ml bottle is almost 30euros.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this at sephora a sample, and i love the smell of this primer, but i dont think it does what it claims. I prefer my smash box primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2010 1:38:00 AM More reviews by leeli86

Alright product. Didn't blow me away but wasn't a complete fail either. Seems to hold my make-up on for awhile and do a decent job of smoothing pores but no OMG I have to have this, can't believe I ever lived without it factor. It's a nice primer and that's it. And IMO there are a lot of other "nice" primers out there for a whole lot less.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

I have a travel sized version of this in The Best Of Makeup Forever set. This primer is lotion like consistency that goes on smooth and smells good. Since I have oily skin, I tried it w/out my moisturizer and it worked great! Will repurchase the full size!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

I have a small travel size bottle of this primer, and I have the full size of this primer in the green color (I have also reviewed that if you're interested).

The texture of the MUFE HD primers is a nice one. It's like a very light lotion that sinks right into my skin (combination dry and slightly oily) and goes on evenly. It doesn't have the supernaturally silky smooth feel of some primers, rather it leaves the skin smooth and feeling lightly moisturized and well prepped for makeup application. The primer helps smooth over imperfections a little bit, making makeup go on a bit better over enlarged pores, or dry patches, etc. It has worked well with all the foundations I have tried with it.

I only need a small amount of this primer, about 1/2 a pump to one pump from the big bottle, or about a pea size from the travel-size bottle I have. I use it all over my face, including in the eye area.
If you want to save yourself time, or sheer down a foundation, it also works well to mix the primer with liquid foundation on the back of your hand before applying with a brush.

I like this primer, but I prefer the green one which helps tone down my redness, and I'm interested in trying the blue one, as the green adds a bit of yellow to my complexion that I'm uncertain about. For these reasons I have indicated that I would not buy this primer again, but I would definitely consider buying a MUFE primer of the same formula again.
However, I'm still not 100% happy with this primer, I've recently tried the Hourglass Veil primer (so expensive) and I think I like it more.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by soleil91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this primer after reading a million rave reviews.
However, I didn't find it to be worth my money.
First of all, I didn't even see a difference with/without it on my face,
and my foundations melted off my face by the end of the day, regardless of whether i was wearing this primer or not.
So, whats the point?
Secondly, i found that WITH the primer, my face looked grosser by the end of the day than without, and actually got oilier.
I really like the gel consistency and the speed with which it dries on the face. However, it didn't do anything for me (other than make me look bad) and I will not be purchasing this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by queenofsheba83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recieved a travel sized version of this in The Best Of Makeup Forever set. This primer has a very creme-like consistancy and doesnt feel like I am slathering my pores with silicone. Imediately after applying i didn;t think that it was any different than Mac's 'prep and prime". I realized that after I had applied my foundation my dry skin looked a bit more moisturized and I was very happy! When I run out of my other primers I will invest the 32$ that it takes to look this fabulous every day!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2010 11:06:00 AM More reviews by iamjess03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very oily skin and this primer keeps the oil away all day. It smells good and goes on smooth. I use mineral foundation and it works great with it. This is the best primer I've used so far.