April 16, 2014 | 1418 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lancome - La Base Pro

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by andiwongg

JUST BOUGHT THIS PRODUCT - WILL REVIEW AFTER USE =)) but so far i see some positives: pump bottle makes it more sanitary, oil free, tried some on the back of my hand and the area is noticeably smoother and feels like there is a thing layer on top of my skin.
con: pricier than i would like but if it's worth it then maybe it's not really a con.

thanks to all the reviewers.... your positive reviews have pushed me to indulge in this primer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 8:10:00 AM More reviews by suehailee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

quite a lengthy post here : READ AT UR OWN RISK. hihi. Im very new here,Ive never had any primers on my face b4, n now I only knew that primers existed, how important primers are. I always wear makeup, but I knew nuts about primers. so yeah, Im a primer-virgin. My first try was LANCOME LA BASE. I was with my fren who always loves Lancome lippies,we were talking to the SA, and suddenly there was another customer interrupting our conversations. dat particular lady was asking for TWO bottles of LA BASE. i was like.."oh ok, she must be a LA BASE hardcore" . knowing dat I was watching her, dat lady smiled and said to me : " i wont wear my makeup without this on first" . with dat she bought two LA BASEs. so, to cure my curiosity, I bought one for myself too. I NEVER REGRETTED the decision , Im almost thankful to dat lady-stranger at Lancome. oh laaa laaaaa..my makeup is perfect with dis! i have oily skin, n it shows a lot when I wear my MAC foundation. with LA BASE on, I dun need to blot for one whole day, (from home to work n back to being home again)..I can feel my face feeling smooth and juuusstttt niceeeeeee...if I touch my face, I dont see those 'unwanted shines' on my fingers. my skin becomes not too dry, not too oily=perfecto! it glides on my face , smoothing everything over,tho my pores dont dissapear ( i knw they never will), but theyre just 'hidden' with LA BASE..my colleagues noticed dat my face becomes smooth, n they keep asking me, whether Ive gone to my facials this week, or did I do something to my face? yippeeeeeee!! the packaging is superb , very hygenic , and stylish. my nose doesnt pick up any scent from dis primer, so Im ok with dat. RM110 for 25ML product is considered expensive here in Malaysia, but I dont mind paying dat much for such quality. i love dis, n i will definitely re-purchase. im glad dat I chose LA BASE as my first primer. =))
P/s : The Lancome SA told me dat her average sale for dis product is more than 24 bottles a month. impressive !

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by wigsnatcher

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I can sum this up with one word: silicone. If you don't like silicone, you're gonna absolutely hate this.
This product is nothing groundbreaking but it works well for me - it really helps my foundation (especially lighter formulas like Vitalumiere Aqua) stay put and smooths out my complexion. A drop goes a long way and I find this type of primer to be best for controlling both minor shine and dryness, as well as for smoothing out my skin texture. When I wear anything with loads of shimmer, like Dior's Rose Diamond, I use this to avoid the dreaded highlighted pore look. I know I will have a much easier time getting an even foundation application when I use it. Maybe one of the reasons why this works for me is because I don't use it everyday, and so it never leaves me feeling like it's clogged my pores or made my skin worse.

All in all, a reliable product that will suit lots of skin types - except those that are sensitive to silicone or petroleum-based products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 1:07:00 PM More reviews by AllThatGlittters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this primer! It is most definitely worth the price bearing in mind you only need a small amount. La Base is a clear, gel-like formula. Just use your fingers to smooth it all over the skin and you have the perfect base for foundation or powder. It makes skin feel super silky and smooth and liquid foundation smoothes on like a dream, especially MAC sf. It is quite moisturizing and foundation just works in harmony with this primer. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 12:04:00 PM More reviews by mrsbigsky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The good: This is the primer I am currently using. It does do a great job of smoothing out my skin before I lay on the foundation. I have noticed that my foundation does stay on longer.

The bad: Cost is $42 for .8 oz. It comes on very greasy and I don't like that feeling. However, most primers are that way. The only one I've found that doesn't feel like that is Spackle. Very similar to the clear primer formula that Smashbox Photofinish makes, however Smashbox is a $32 for 1 oz. and contains vitamin C and peptides. I will be going back to the Smashbox when this is empty.

The conclusion: The packaging is beautiful, it does what it delivers, and it is oil free. The price is steep compared to other primers in the market, so it loses a lippie for that. Four lippies.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

This is the second primer I have used.
I first tried the Sephora primer and felt it made me turn oily so I figured primer was an unnecessary step I could skip.
I got this as a sample so it came in a small squeeze tube, so I can't comment on the pump bottle.
The product is clear and silky, definitely not oily or sticky. I applied this under my liquid foundation (Clinique Even Better, at the time) and it just glided on so smoothly. My (enlarged) pores were a lot less obvious and my face looked so smooth and airbrushed. And the smooth airbrushed look lasted for a long time - I didn't turn greasy for the entire work day. My face still looked fresh when I got home. I also found I needed to use less liquid foundation, powder and blush. Therefore I can say that it enhanced the performance of my other products.

I tried it again and I found it made me shiny, but I know why. I think I liked the results so much the first time that I used too much. That was probably why I had poor results with the first primer I tried as well. The key with primers (I think) is to use them sparingly - you only need a tiny drop to smooth over your face. You should NOT apply this as you would a moisturizer.

Because of the price I have reserved what's left of my sample for special occasions only. This is not within my price range for a daily-use product. When I do use it, the results are spectacular. However, if you can afford this I highly recommend it and I do believe I will purchase a full size when I finish my sample to use for special occasions and when I really need my makeup to last.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by sickofacne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love it!
smell: none
touch: silky
usage: a small squeeze
cost: MEH
effect: heavenly!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by nikolala

While this product does deliver in making my face silky and even, I am so dissapointed with the packaging. After a few times the pump broke, the plastic tube came off and it wasnt sucking up through the pump anymore I resorted to sticking a q-tip in the bottle to get out the rest. The packaging and the price were not worth the results. I wont be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by ashergill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

"whoa you look like that creepy version of hermione whats wrong with your face," yes that was my brothers reaction to me walking out of the bathroom wearing this under my foundation, its THAT good you look like a scarily perfect version of yourself it smoothes out everything and the face is flawless. I use one pump and a very small one at that and I am set apply teint miracle over it and walk out looking like you jumped out of one those magazine ads with creepy perfect skin. It is pricey but its lancome so thats expected and honestly there is so much product and considering the fact I only use this when I want to impress or feel like being 'fully made up" I think I'll be good for awhile.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2011 10:49:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

I use this to fill in my pores so that my foundation applies smoother. It does control oil and make your foundation last longer, but you should also combine it with a good mattifying or long lasting foundation (by itself). It is odourless which I like, and one pump is enough to cover whole face. I do like this primer, but it is just tooooo expensive. I am also using the ELF skin primer, which has pretty similar performance as well, except the ELF one smells more chemical. For pure economics, I won't rebuy this.