October 1, 2014 | 1886 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lancome - La Base Pro

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2012 8:09:00 AM More reviews by aldrinmoore

I USED THIS PRODUCT YEARS AGO AND I LIKED IT SO I DECIDED TO BUY IT AGAIN THIS YEAR.HOWEVER I DID BUY IT IN THE SUMMER LAST YEAR AND IT MADE MY MAKE UP LOOK NICE AS I THINK WEAR MY SKIN GOT WARM IT WARMED THE PRIMER UP TOO WHICH GAVE MY FOUNDATION A NICE DEWY LOOK.THIS HASN'T HAPPENED AND I THINK ITS BECAUSE MY SKIN IS QUITE DRY AND COLD AT THE MOMMENT.IT DOES LEAVE A LOVELY SOFT FINISH BUT I NEED TO BE USING SOMETHING ELSE I THINK.IT IS EXPENSIVE BUT YOU ONLY NEED A LITTLE BIT.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2011 2:24:00 AM More reviews by Cayla29S

I've been wanting to try this for a while since my current primer is almost out. I tested this on my hand a few times at different stores and I loved how it feels after putting it on. Finally I went to sephora and got a sample to test it out with my Mac F&B.

I have to say that I have never been this disappointed with any makeup product until now. I have slightly oily skin and I believe that this is supposed to be oil free. Yes, it is silky smooth when you apply it however it does not work at all with my foundation. Maybe mine is too watery in texture but who knows. I found that it made it harder to apply Mac F&B. It did not cover up any pores and I don't even have huge ones.

It did not make my foundation last at all. My face was the oiliest I have ever seen with makeup on. I gave it a try a couple times and it's the same thing. When I blotted with a paper, it completely rubbed the foundation off and I know it's not the blotting paper.

This is such an expensive product and I was expecting great results with it. I'm currently using Gosh velvet primer for half the cost of that and it works way better than this.

Arghh! Lancome this is a horrendous product..

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2011 6:14:00 AM More reviews by FallinginLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

La Base.
Goes on very smoothly, pleasant to the touch. No funky smell or anything. However, I don't find it efficient enough. I feel like it smooths the skin a bit but does not make my makeup application "glide" like promised.
Also, it's way too expensive for a pretty average primer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2011 5:36:00 PM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This primer goes on like most silicone primers.
It has the feel of the cult fave primer by Smashbox. It spreads on easily, fills in pores a li' bit and allows foundation to last longer.
BUT there are differences between the two:

Lancome only has these 2 ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer
(so, basically its just "silicone for $42.00!"
Though,maybe it could be great for peeps with extremely sensitive skin?)

Smashbox not only has the silicone, it also contains some awesome ingredients to help your skin!
The ingredients do vary upon what formula you buy.
Some contain various Peptides....which I make sure all of my facial products contain, that has been proven to help diminish wrinkles and firming skin!
And I do believe that each one contains Antioxidants, and other natural stuff, to caress your skin.
Plus, none of the Smashbox formulas have the "gas like odor" that this Lancome sometimes has.

With all that said......
IMPO, this is not worth the high price tag!
I mean just read the ingredients! This stuff really is just overpriced silicone!!!

Ya know, while I was searching for the perfect primer I became very weary as to why Lancomes Staff,on Sephora and on their website, never listed or gave customers a real answer for the list the ingredients.They would just say the spew what was already said in the description of the product. Well,found out why now! They didn't want us to know that it is basically just silicone and its crazily OVERPRICED for $42.00 and the know it too!

I'll just stick with the one that also has added some awesome skin improving ingredients to boot!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2011 3:19:00 AM More reviews by rawrette

It leaves my skin feeling great, but I just don't like the finish. It leaves a, greasy sort of finish.
A good thing is though, no breakouts.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 4:33:00 AM More reviews by Glor21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

very good product!!! amazing feeling on the skin
dosen't make pimpels

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by nordavind

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My skin is very dry on my forehead and around my nose, so all foundations (even tinted moisturizers) tend to flake on these areas. The SA at the LancŰme counter tried La Base on me with the LancŰme tinted moisturizer with a satisfying result. I checked in the mirror a couple of hours later and there were still no dry patches to be seen. I received a sample to try at home so I used it a couple of time with my own foundation (Make Up For Ever Face & Body). It was very nice to use because it feels satiny on the skin, and the foundations glides very smoothly over the base. Unfortunately the air-brushed look didnít last all day. After a few hours my forehead and cheeks showed some flakiness.

I canít really judge if this product extends the wear of foundations because my skin is not oily therefore foundations donít fade a lot on me anyway, but I didnít see any difference. Looking at the ingredients list (well... silicone, and more silicone), I really feel that you only pay for the brand. Basically, this primer creates a film between the skin and the make-up, but there are no specific ingredients to either moisturize dry skin or to control oiliness on combo / oily skins. At $42 a bottle this is definitely not something Iím gonna buy in full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by elainehanley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is the best primer I have ever used to date love it and will definitely buy again

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2011 5:31:00 PM More reviews by andiwongg

JUST BOUGHT THIS PRODUCT - WILL REVIEW AFTER USE =)) but so far i see some positives: pump bottle makes it more sanitary, oil free, tried some on the back of my hand and the area is noticeably smoother and feels like there is a thing layer on top of my skin.
con: pricier than i would like but if it's worth it then maybe it's not really a con.

thanks to all the reviewers.... your positive reviews have pushed me to indulge in this primer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2011 8:10:00 AM More reviews by suehailee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

quite a lengthy post here : READ AT UR OWN RISK. hihi. Im very new here,Ive never had any primers on my face b4, n now I only knew that primers existed, how important primers are. I always wear makeup, but I knew nuts about primers. so yeah, Im a primer-virgin. My first try was LANCOME LA BASE. I was with my fren who always loves Lancome lippies,we were talking to the SA, and suddenly there was another customer interrupting our conversations. dat particular lady was asking for TWO bottles of LA BASE. i was like.."oh ok, she must be a LA BASE hardcore" . knowing dat I was watching her, dat lady smiled and said to me : " i wont wear my makeup without this on first" . with dat she bought two LA BASEs. so, to cure my curiosity, I bought one for myself too. I NEVER REGRETTED the decision , Im almost thankful to dat lady-stranger at Lancome. oh laaa laaaaa..my makeup is perfect with dis! i have oily skin, n it shows a lot when I wear my MAC foundation. with LA BASE on, I dun need to blot for one whole day, (from home to work n back to being home again)..I can feel my face feeling smooth and juuusstttt niceeeeeee...if I touch my face, I dont see those 'unwanted shines' on my fingers. my skin becomes not too dry, not too oily=perfecto! it glides on my face , smoothing everything over,tho my pores dont dissapear ( i knw they never will), but theyre just 'hidden' with LA BASE..my colleagues noticed dat my face becomes smooth, n they keep asking me, whether Ive gone to my facials this week, or did I do something to my face? yippeeeeeee!! the packaging is superb , very hygenic , and stylish. my nose doesnt pick up any scent from dis primer, so Im ok with dat. RM110 for 25ML product is considered expensive here in Malaysia, but I dont mind paying dat much for such quality. i love dis, n i will definitely re-purchase. im glad dat I chose LA BASE as my first primer. =))
P/s : The Lancome SA told me dat her average sale for dis product is more than 24 bottles a month. impressive !