September 30, 2014 | 1825 users online

Blush - NARS - Dolce Vita

rated 2 of 5 on 12/18/2009 5:03:00 PM More reviews by pinkelephants

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I hate to give any NARS blush a bad review, but I just didn't like this color. It's NOT the quality of the blush that I'm not happy with. Nars blushes are always the best of quality, IMO. This color was just too... something. Too dark? To dirty? I don't know but it made me feel old. I have NC30/35 skin and applied it lightly with a skunk brush. I guess I prefer a purer pink blush (Outlaw or Mata Hari) than a dusty rose like this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

Dolce Vita is a great blush, although not entirely unique. It's very simple, elegant, and something that I can see working for most skintones because it's not overly warm or overly cool toned. It's a matte dirty brick rose kind of color .. and it definitely has plenty of pigmentation. I don't often reach for this, but it does have it's place in my arsenal. On my MMM/NC40 skintone, it's a nice shade, and one that would work with a variety of eye combos. If this had a smidge of shimmer it would've won my heart over, however, this does deliver a very natural pinched cheeks kind of "glow". and that in itself, makes me love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by Vittoriak

I think I have nearly bought all the Dolce Vita apart from the lipstick (Am thinking of getting it too). This is a beautiful natural brick rosy blush with any shimmers or glitters. You will need only very little amount of this since it is so pigmented. It even has a little sculpting effect. It is the perfect blush on a day when you want natural cheeks. For reference, I am a NC 20/25.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 6:16:00 AM More reviews by snkatha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

Oh my god! I love this blush. It's a dusty rose that makes a great neutral blush on my skin. I love wearing this with no foundation, a little benefit moon beam and this blush on my cheeks. I look fresh, and beautiful.for reference i'm nc50 in mac. This is hg status, woc get this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 11:26:00 PM More reviews by oneofmylies99

Dolce Vita is quite the prism. In the pan it looks like a matte dusty brick rose. I see whispers of bronze and plummy-pink in addition to the predominant dusty brick rose color when applied on my NC35-37 skin. On me, the effect is sophisticated, romantic and sexy, especially when compared to innocent-flush pink and cheery peach blushes that I usually wear. It's my go-to date-night blush. I could see this working on just about every skin color and all different colorings. I agree with the user below who considers this and Exhibit A to be universal colors (with tweaks in application depending on skintone). It's quite pigmented, blends smoothly and melds into my skin beautifully. It never looks like it's sitting on top of my skin. This lasts all day with minimum fading and thankfully doesn't break me out like some Nars blushes can. I can't recommend it enough!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2009 12:28:00 AM More reviews by princess_jess73

I have pondered buying this blush for a looong time and finally took the plunge. I agree with most users below that it is a dusty brick rose, highly pigmented almost velvet matte which I have grown to love. I have NW20ish skin that leads more toward neutral and likes warm tones as opposed to pale and this sculptures my cheekbones like no other no matter how I place it (I liked the reviewer that said aka eva longoria). I have gotten many many compliments when I wear this blush and I just got it this week. If I could keep only five blushes it would def be in the five. I think it could compliment nearly everyone--as exhibit A does if used correctly-much more than say orgasm that just didn't do it for me either-as another reviewer below has said. Stippled with a skunk it is more of a lighter "glow" suitable for pale complex and then lightly contour under the cheek bones. On darker complex it could give a very natural flush. I do like the stronger look on me even though I am a ppp.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 12:43:00 PM More reviews by mizznk

RIS, beautiful blush! i apply this with my 187 and it gives me that contoured/ eva longoria look that ive always wanted to achieve, I have NC40 skin tone for reference. I definitely see what all the hype is about, it feel silky smooth! almost like a cream but it is not, It also has much better staying power and blend ability than my mac blushes which seem to disappear by night time, but this was still there perfectly placed and i have a tendency to touch my face throughout the day. This is the perfect blush @_@ so happy I finally have it

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Mewwy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This blush is another Nars wonders. It's actually hard to describe depending on how much I layer on my face. If I stipple a thin layer, it gives some healthy brightness. If I layer more, it does have the dusty feel the way it look like in the pan, but not dirty looking. In fact it's probably one of the most demure, elegant color of Nars blushes, and probably more suitable for a wider variation of skin colors compared to Orgasm. Especially for those who doesn't like any shimmer on her face, this is it, because Dolce Vita is almost but not quite matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2009 12:49:00 AM More reviews by bunnyvie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One light tap of Dolce Vita gives super cute rosy cheeks! I bought it on a whim as I really wanted to get a red blusher although I am really fair. Didn't regret my purchase at all (: It will last me a long long time as I don't use it everyday and use a minimal amount each time. Great with a simple nude+liquid lined winged eye and rose tinted lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by mrsrayhall

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a blush that would give me a natrual flush color without any shimmer for when I wanted a more understated look. This wasn't my first choice but Sephora color choice was limited. I really love this blush. Althought dark in the pan its very natural on my NW45/47 skin. Definitly an everyday blush.