NARS Dolce Vita

4.5

on 2/10/2010 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Dolce Vita is such an elegant blush. it gives me the natural warm rosy flush on my tan skin like i just got back from my running practice every weekends. it sort of mimics my natural flush when i blush too.
Dolce Vita is a matte brick rose color in the compact.

Pros: pretty color,good pigmentation,awesome staying power,very blendable.

Cons: well,it's a bit pricey for me..

Packaging: lovely sleek black packaging that's slim & classy..i like.

Repurchase: this color? no. it's not my HG but i'll repurchase NARS blushes in other colors. =)

Reference: NC35-40. tan skin w/ yellow or golden tones.dark brown eyes & hair. dry & sensitive skin.

on 1/23/2010 7:01:00 PM

Wow. This is the most pigmented blush I'd owned yet-also the most expensive-but I've definitely realized why it's worth the money. For one thing blushes tend to last a long time, so it's not like you constantly have to shell out $35 for the product. Also since it's so pigmented, you use quite a bit less. I'm still trying to get the hang of not putting too much on, since I really had to work to do that with cheaper blushes. The first day I wore this I was out all day, and when I went home again I looked in the mirror and immediately noticed that the blush had lasted far better-I'm used to them disappearing by the end of the day. Finally, a great, flattering colour. I think it'd be good for summer and winter.
EDIT: it's 2 years later and I'm still using the exact same blush every day, and it doesn't seem to show any time of running out anytime soon. it's the only one I use because it's such a flattering colour, like a natural flush. My skin is very pale, for the record. this is my HG 4 lyfe.

on 1/22/2010 5:30:00 PM

This is my favorite matte blush of all time! It gives me a very pretty and subtle rosy flush and it looks very, very natural on me. For reference, I'm an NC or C30, 120 in MUFE HD, asian with light skin and yellow undertones.

on 1/16/2010 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

This color looks so good on my NC45 skin. It brings a nice rosy flush to my cheeks. I usually pair it off with my Dolce Vita lip gloss.

on 1/12/2010 3:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I won't repeat what others have said about NARS blush quality - finely milled, heavily pigmented but blendable, and longlasting - and neither will I comment about the silly dust attracting material they use to make an otherwise excellent compact, but I just had to put in my 2 cents about how difficult it is to make this particular shade work for me.

Dolce Vita is a lovely deep cinnamon-rose hue, but not one that I can put on in a rush, because without careful application (light hand, not-so-dense brush, a single tap - I repeat: tap, not swipe this blush is *that* pigmented) I end up looking like I just got a tight slap (two cheeks, so two tight slaps?). It is also matte, not that I have a problem with matte blushes, but in this shade a matte texture makes it look extremely flat.

Anyway - if done right and blended well, DV is a sophisticated blush, very demure as opposed to just fresh and cheerful. It's just not for every day, and definitely not for when you're in a hurry. And you can't just wear any lipstick with this; Dolce Vita can pull orange in photos - the cinnamon in cinnamon-rose that it is is not obvious IRL but jumps out like a bronzer under a camera.

I would buy NARS blushes again, just not this shade.

on 12/18/2009 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

I hate to give any NARS blush a bad review, but I just didn't like this color. It's NOT the quality of the blush that I'm not happy with. Nars blushes are always the best of quality, IMO. This color was just too... something. Too dark? To dirty? I don't know but it made me feel old. I have NC30/35 skin and applied it lightly with a skunk brush. I guess I prefer a purer pink blush (Outlaw or Mata Hari) than a dusty rose like this.

on 12/17/2009 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Dolce Vita is a great blush, although not entirely unique. It's very simple, elegant, and something that I can see working for most skintones because it's not overly warm or overly cool toned. It's a matte dirty brick rose kind of color .. and it definitely has plenty of pigmentation. I don't often reach for this, but it does have it's place in my arsenal. On my MMM/NC40 skintone, it's a nice shade, and one that would work with a variety of eye combos. If this had a smidge of shimmer it would've won my heart over, however, this does deliver a very natural pinched cheeks kind of "glow". and that in itself, makes me love it!

on 12/10/2009 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I think I have nearly bought all the Dolce Vita apart from the lipstick (Am thinking of getting it too). This is a beautiful natural brick rosy blush with any shimmers or glitters. You will need only very little amount of this since it is so pigmented. It even has a little sculpting effect. It is the perfect blush on a day when you want natural cheeks. For reference, I am a NC 20/25.

on 12/5/2009 6:16:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I FREAKING LOVE THIS BLUSH! It is pigmented, beautiful warms up my skin, and looks fantastic. It's the blush that I blame for starting my blush obsession! I can wear this daily depending on how heavy or light I wear it because I would decribe it as a dusty rose. I wear it lighly dusted over my cheeks with a deep smoky eye or a litltle heavier on my cheeks, some light gloss, mascara an dewy skin to give a "fresh" look. It's stunning! highly recommended. A blush that looks similar, piglented and smooth is wet n wild mellow wine.

on 12/1/2009 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Dolce Vita is quite the prism. In the pan it looks like a matte dusty brick rose. I see whispers of bronze and plummy-pink in addition to the predominant dusty brick rose color when applied on my NC35-37 skin. On me, the effect is sophisticated, romantic and sexy, especially when compared to innocent-flush pink and cheery peach blushes that I usually wear. It's my go-to date-night blush. I could see this working on just about every skin color and all different colorings. I agree with the user below who considers this and Exhibit A to be universal colors (with tweaks in application depending on skintone). It's quite pigmented, blends smoothly and melds into my skin beautifully. It never looks like it's sitting on top of my skin. This lasts all day with minimum fading and thankfully doesn't break me out like some Nars blushes can. I can't recommend it enough!

Top Rated NARS Products