Bulgari Jasmin Noir

3.9

I wanted to like this but it reminded me of ADDICT..the notes seemed exactly the same and it gave me an instant headache!Pure vanilla notes..I did not detect the jasmin.Staying power was good though and I could not wait to wash it off!!Not for me....

I have said I would buy this again and I have given it four lippies because I am undecided about it ! I think the concept of it is fabulous but I don;t think it is 'noir' enough -as a previous reviwer said . I smell the jasmin throughout the wearing though it does give way
to the vanilla and patchouli. It is a well blended quality perfume for sure. All you have to do is spray the new Chloe on the other arm to compare !
I like it but do I love it enough for a full bottle ? I don't know so I'm on the fence for now !
EDIT: I know now what this reminds me of.... Hypnotic Poison minus the vanilla. Hypnotic Poison is better ! The bottle is cool though - for bottle collectors .

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I adore Jasmin Noir. My DH bought it for me for Valentine's Day 2009. There is some big jasmine in the top note, but it fades rather quickly and becomes more balanced by the woods, then somewhat overtaken by vanilla & patchouli, although the patchouli is light. This is very wearable, I think of it as a skin scent. It is cozy and warm, sweet without being saccharine. I wish the jasmine would last longer, as the balance between it and the wood in the initial development make it a jasmine that is very approachable. I am still thrilled with it and would buy it again in a heartbeat.

Edit: I have no idea why I didn't give this 5 stars at the time. This has become my sexy fragrance HG, I wear it on all date nights and to special events. Sometimes I even wear it to work in the daytime when I need to feel a little extra sexy.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Jasmine Noir is the first time I EVER was glad one of those roving perfume ladies sprayed me! I walked 5 steps away before it really hit me. Then I had to turn around and find the perfume lady. It went immediately on my Christmas Wish List and I am so glad I have it. It really stays with you without being overpowering. It is sweet but not sickening. I feel happy just to wear it. Sometimes I spray my wrists at bedtime so I drift of to sleep on the scent. I haven't gotten this intoxicated by perfume in years. I think they only sell it at Nordstroms but I could be wrong.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Initial spray is very light and sweet - in fact I could barely smell it. Then, out comes the Jasmin, then the vanilla, and finally the amber/muskiness (hence the noir). I found the fragrance went through the changes quite quickly and so I'd say this is an interesting fragrance. For most of the duration of the fragrance, you smell mostly the "noir" and not so much Jasmin. I think this smells good but am not sure if I need a full bottle.

Absolutely lovely. The initial spray was very woody and not particularly inspiring, but then the tonka bean and sweet almond come out, and you have a delicious, warm, vanilla-ey dry-down. This is a sophisticated scent... one I can imagine a glamorous, no-nonsense, international businesswoman (or spy :D) wearing as a winter staple on her nights out to town. Agree with the others who say that it is subtle, but long-lasting, a nice surprise.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Now I have to react to the review maintaining that Jasmin noir is just the copy of Cartier's "Le B. du Dragon". I can't even touch the Dragon, I get headache from only looking in its direction - it's a heady, strong, heavy concoction around vetiver.
There is no vetiver in Jasmin Noir. It's light and airy, with just a hint of Jasmin - it's nothing for those, who're awaiting a big heady-heavy jasmin scent. The almond and the tonka tone it down, and there is a nice female wood in it - my only problem with the fragrance is that there is nothing "noir" in it...

In and of itself, Jasmin Noir is quite nice. The problem is that I can't look at this in and of itself. Jasmin Noir is a complete rip off of Cartier's Le Baiser Du Dragon. It is a little lighter on the patchouli and sweetener, and a little heavier on the Jasmine, but overall... past smellalike and into copy. If you put these side by side, you'd vote on one or the other as a Laiser le Dragon... Smells like! or Jasmine Nur... Smells Like!

If I had to choose between the two, I probably would go with Jasmine Noir just because I like the lighter hand and the jasmine, or that's what I'd pick today. But Baiser was here first and really, at times, what I want really is that heavy sweetness behind the patch and jasmine.

Lippies off for copying. Now, if they'd combined jasmine, sambac jasmine, lapsang souchong, leather, and gone with a sort of jasminated Bvlgari Black... THAT I could get behind.

I tested this scent for many days before giving a clear opinion, because I relly wanted to like it, but I had to come to a point and verdict is no, no purchasing.
I don't usually like Bulgari perfumes because they smell plasticky like Femme or overdone and heavy like Omnia.
I only like Bulgari Blu.
Jasmin Noir caught me in the beginning because it smells different, much airy still full.
Unfortunately this is just firts effect with a green sensual jasmin note, but as minutes pass it becomes heavier and heavier till the result of a woodsy, musty male old fragrance with no poetry nor movement.
Very stiff, not totally unpleasant, it stays on my skin like an old furniture with some jasmin over it. It could be the liquorice note that becomes very woodsy and dry on me.
I can easily see how this would bring comments of "old lady stuff" (maybe a rich one) even if I don't agree on age-related scents.
It simply doesn't success in keeping me smelling my wrist in pleasure.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This smells very nice, but it doesn't make enough of a statement for me to want a full bottle, and the staying power is poor.

Popular Fragrances