August 2, 2014 | 1079 users online

Fragrances - Bulgari - Jasmin Noir

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by ellizam

In and of itself, Jasmin Noir is quite nice. The problem is that I can't look at this in and of itself. Jasmin Noir is a complete rip off of Cartier's Le Baiser Du Dragon. It is a little lighter on the patchouli and sweetener, and a little heavier on the Jasmine, but overall... past smellalike and into copy. If you put these side by side, you'd vote on one or the other as a Laiser le Dragon... Smells like! or Jasmine Nur... Smells Like!

If I had to choose between the two, I probably would go with Jasmine Noir just because I like the lighter hand and the jasmine, or that's what I'd pick today. But Baiser was here first and really, at times, what I want really is that heavy sweetness behind the patch and jasmine.

Lippies off for copying. Now, if they'd combined jasmine, sambac jasmine, lapsang souchong, leather, and gone with a sort of jasminated Bvlgari Black... THAT I could get behind.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 6:34:00 PM More reviews by MellyHelly

I tested this scent for many days before giving a clear opinion, because I relly wanted to like it, but I had to come to a point and verdict is no, no purchasing.
I don't usually like Bulgari perfumes because they smell plasticky like Femme or overdone and heavy like Omnia.
I only like Bulgari Blu.
Jasmin Noir caught me in the beginning because it smells different, much airy still full.
Unfortunately this is just firts effect with a green sensual jasmin note, but as minutes pass it becomes heavier and heavier till the result of a woodsy, musty male old fragrance with no poetry nor movement.
Very stiff, not totally unpleasant, it stays on my skin like an old furniture with some jasmin over it. It could be the liquorice note that becomes very woodsy and dry on me.
I can easily see how this would bring comments of "old lady stuff" (maybe a rich one) even if I don't agree on age-related scents.
It simply doesn't success in keeping me smelling my wrist in pleasure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2008 11:24:00 PM More reviews by luloo

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This smells very nice, but it doesn't make enough of a statement for me to want a full bottle, and the staying power is poor.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2008 12:02:00 AM More reviews by CashQueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I received a bottle of this scent as an early Christmas present. It is a lovely fragrance but also has absolutely no staying power so I will not be repurchasing it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2008 12:43:00 PM More reviews by fpih

I tried it today and I'm not sure if I want to buy this one or Chloe for Christmas.
I really, really loved Jasmin Noir, although the first five minutes it smelled nasty. It's a close to the skin smell, woody and very sensual as others have mentioned. It has NOTHING in common with the rest of the bvlgari femme line (rose essentielle, eau fraiche, voile de jasmine, etc) except the shape of the bottle. To me it is very very similar with Prada perfume (not eau tendre but the first one).

Unfortunately, as with Prada, it's a perfume for me alone: when I wear it, no one else seems to smell it but me, it becomes one with my skin. Well, I don't like the idea of paying for a perfume that much (75 euros for 50ml in greece) and having people think that I don't wear perfume at all (I am usually a fan of loud, heavy perfumes like Cinnabar, Samsara and most Poisons). Also, after 4 hours that I've been wearing it, it is almost completely gone. But then, I loved its fragrance so much, it's such a comfy, relaxing smell that I might be purchasing it after all!

Edited to add: After trying it again and again, I find it lasting on my skin for many hours, even if my hubby can't get a single whiff of it. I think I'm becoming addicted to it and I'll ask my mom to buy it for me (my hubby already bought me Chloe) after all!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Gracious_Lady

Full disclosure... I'm a Bvlgari devotee... It's my favorite perfume house, and their scents tend to blend very well with my chemistry. So when I heard about Jasmin Noir, I needed very little coaxing to run out and buy a bottle. Well, got to be honest, at first spray, I was like "Huh? Is this really Bvlgari?" It's atypical for Bvlgari for sure. As is my habit when this happens with a perfume, I put the bottle up and decided to give it a try some other day. Well, that day was today... Having an evening wedding to attend earlier today, I decided to give Jasmin Noir a full blown test drive. I sprayed it, and reacted the same way as before, but something wonderful happened within 15 minutes of wearing it. Jasmin Noir morphed into a beautifully sensual aroma. A spicy floral that lies quietly and sort of close to the skin. Jasmin Noir was so beautiful, it got my husband's attention on the way to the wedding, and also 4 unsolicited comments at the table which we were seated for the wedding reception. Don't get me wrong, I wear fragrance for myself, not for complements. However, when I get unsolicited complements on a perfume that is "new" to my line-up, I take notice. All in all, it is now 8 hours after I sprayed it, and it is still lingering... softly on my skin. Perfume Love!! ...and 5 lippies...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2008 2:38:00 PM More reviews by dominisimo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

To my nose and imagination it is the best of recent fragrance lounches. It is quiet, comforting and very mysterious. I can see, how many could find it "too little" to be noticed. Yet the subtle earthiness draws an understated depth to the creamy almond. A well blended composition that creates an invisible aura close to the skin. A very unorthodox Bulgari with a whisper of something sensuously noir. Intimate and precious. Like a chic damme with a secret life. I relish it very much.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2008 4:20:00 PM More reviews by mysterious_scent

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like this scent, I really do, but I just can't. The opening was nice, a fresh, green jasmin, but it quickly turned into something very harsh and almost stinky. It choked me actually. Is it because of the licorice? So sad that It doesn't work with my chemistry.
Updae: after about 2 hours, however, it did turned into a warm woody smell, which I like.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by shinyjem

This fragrance smells amazing. I honestly think it's one of the best things I've ever smelt - it's such a sexy fragrance!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2008 3:17:00 AM More reviews by LollyD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh my, what a lovely, sexy surprise. I have notorious trouble finding a perfume that won't turn on my skin. My signature fragrance has been Vivienne Westwood's Boudoir for years and years, but it is becoming very difficult to find. I also wear Lolita Lempicka well.
I wasn't interested in anything Jasmine because I think of Jasmine bathroom sprays or my grandmother, but I let them tempt me with this because it is Bulgari. THANK YOU NORDSTROM WE HAVE A WINNER!
This came on slightly green & smoky and went luscious, dark, oriental, woody and wonderful on my skin. I am not at all surprised to find many of you either hate it or find it does nothing on you - that is how Boudoir is for most. It seems to only really work on the small forlorn percent of us who can't wear Coco, Shalimar or any of the greats.
The ultimate test was my husband, of course. To date, Boudoir has been the only perfume that he has really loved on me. When I came home smelling of Jasmine Noir he went crazy for it.
It's all chemistry, I know. I love the reviews given where some of you can identify the notes and the process of the dry down. I am still working on figuring out which ingredient(s) it is that sours on me so bad in other perfumes.
On a side note - on my other wrist I had sampled Tom Ford's white patchouli. Holy god it was stinky foul on me. So tragic. I worship Tom Ford. Sigh.
Bulgari Jasmine Noir is my new love though. It really is dark, exotic, elegant and seductive.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No