Revlon Colorsilk in Dark Brown

4.3

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Seriously, I have tried a lot of at-home colors and this one is hands down my favorite! And for 3 bucks...wow. Number 30 (dark brown) gives a deep rich brown and completely covers the few gray hairs that I have. Easy, consistent color too. I don't usually have the patience to part my hair into sections.

Seems like they used to not provide an after color conditioner with this product. My hair would feel like straw and for that reason I stopped using it. But I have since come back to it and was very pleased to see that it now contains the silky soft conditioner. Although its only single use (as opposed to other box color that provide once a week conditioner for 6 weeks), it still makes a big difference.

Update 9/24/10: Perfect brass-free color every time! Sometimes I try other colors but I always come back to this one.

I have long hair past my shoulders and so far I've been able to get away with 1 box for full coverage. I always dampen my hair first by wetting my brush and brushing it through. It helps the color to glide on more evenly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I first tried the Brown Black coloring for this product, and I was extremely disappointed! Although both versions leave my hair feeling soft and silky, I do not like the green undertone on my skin tone w/ the Brown Black...

Anyways,
after months of a hideous orange color in my hair (not my natural hair color) I decided I want my pretty dark brown hair back.
I really like the color of the Dark Brown! It matches my brows perfectly and it's like my natural hair color! I got this on sale for $3.29! What a bargain!

I love this product, but I will never dye my hair again (nothing to do with this product). I want my natural hair back; and I just wanted to dye my hair closest to it's natural hair color. Once my normal hair is back, the only dye I'll be using is Natural Rainbow Henna; because it's a beautiful natural conditioning treatment :D

After searching for a great haircolor and trying MANY, I think I have found a great one! I have naturally med/drk brown hair that ALWAYS gets red tones no matter what I do! But with this color so far no red. I colored it about a week ago and my hair is shinier and a beautiful color (dark brown almost black). It does have a greenish undertone which I needed to cancel out my red but if your looking for that blue undertone this isnt for you.

I bought this product based on all the reviews on here for it. ANd every single review was completely right. This is the only hair color I will buy from now on. I have stubborn resistant greys that barely take with all the other hair colors (loreal, garnier, etc) and if they do take, they fade within a week. The revlon colorsilk made my hair the most beautiful shiny dark brown color, and it last 3 weeks until my roots started to come through!!!! There was no fading at all, the color was even throughtout, no redness...which happens with all the other colors. I cant believe something this cheap, can work this good....and why havent i found it sooner. I definetly noticed a difference with my hair texture afterwards, didnt feel as chemically treated as the others made it feel. My hair still looks healthy! Yes, the packaging isnt the greatest, the gloves are awful, but im a nurse, so bringing my own home to use for next time. Definetly suggest this product over any other hair dyes....and Ive tried them all!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

naturally i am blonde. but i haven't seen that in years. half the time i dye it hot pink and the other half i use this color. it covers up the pink right away. it doesn't damage my hair, and the conditioner is amazing. on me it pretty much doesn't fade at all. even if it did, it's 3 bucks so oh well. the color on the box is right on.

This is my HG haircolor. I always get loads of compliments when I use it (I'm very pale and am told this gives me a "Snow White" look). It leaves my hair soft, shiny, and the most gorgeous dark, dark brown. My hair is thick, coarse, and dry, but I don't have a problem with this color (just make sure you always deep condition after using!). This color has massive staying power, no fade-out or wash-out here! For the price (I got a 2 pack at Wal-Mart for $3.94) I cannot imagine a better hair color.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I just read a couple of negative review for this product, so I felt obligated to put in a good word for this stuff--I freaking love it. I have dirty blonde hair--I had highlights done long ago, but my roots were getting really loonnngg and I started feeling very trailerpark (no offense intended to anyone living in a trailer). I tried dying my hair blonder (which turned orange--ewww) and then tried to go darker on the bottom and light on top (which looked okay). Tired of blase hair, I turned 30 and decided to dye my hair dark brown. I did my research on P'ville and found this product.

I have been dying my hair with this stuff for 6 months now. I love love love it. The application is a pain in the a$$--I have really long hair and this stuff is hard to spread. I use a cheapo paint brush to apply (which really helps). It takes forever to get it on there and really messes up my bathroom. BUT, once I rinse it out and take the towel off my head, I have the prettiest shiniest dark brown hair. The color really doesn't fade--I really only have to re-dye when my blonde roots grow in (which looks really creepy--it really looks like I have gray roots growing in and ages me 20 years!) This is a pain to apply--there are no frills or gimmicks in the packaging or application. But once it's on, it is such a nice color. High five, Revlon. My hair looks like a million bucks (when it really only costs like $5).

Also, I use 2-3 boxes because I have so much hair--this really helps.

I wish I could give this haircolor a zero.This stuff left my hair like straw,no shine and super dry,I don't know what else to apply to my hair to make it come back to life.The color itself was pretty bad too, dark red brown that washed down the drain until it was medium brown. Never had a problem with haircolor until this.Will continue to use my HG Nutrisse dark brown.

i bought this because it was on sale. i previously dyed my hair brown, but after a long break from dying, my hair looked brassy. so i decided to dye my hair to a dark brown to make my hair seem more natural.

this product damaged my hair to the point where it'll take months to repair. more importantly, my hair turned jet black!

save yourself the couple bucks and don't bother with this product.

I think it's about time I've written a review for this staple of mine. I've been dying my hair for many years now and have had everything from dark blonde to dark plum hair. This is the box I reach for when I want to go back to my "natural" hair color. Pros: Not at all drying. This doesn't leave my hair feeling like hay the way Garnier and Feria does. The color is a very nice deep chocolate brown without all the brassiness. I actually really like the conditioner. Leaves my hair silky. You really can't beat the price. I stocked up at Walmart when they were 2 for 3.98. Cons: I guess the gloves are flimsy and the conditioner comes in a packet and not a tube....Doesn't bother me.