September 19, 2014 | 1582 users online

Conditioner - The Egg Bomb

• Price: $

Whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon honey. In a separate bowl, beat the yolk of one egg. Mix the oil/honey emulsion with the egg and saturate your hair. (double recipe for longer hair) Leave in for 30min, shampoo and condition as usual

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2009 1:53:00 AM More reviews by allessandra00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the worst hair mask I`ve tried on my hair.I am a natural products addict.I use coconut oil, honey, olive oil everyday as face make up remover.So I know how good they are for the skin...but for my hair, this mask did nothing but dried my hair out. I have to admit I have very dry hair, it`s over processed, so maybe this isn`t strong enough for me.But for brunette girls with ..."normal" not so damaged hair it might be good, so try it out, you have nothing to lose.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2009 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Sheynalee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

All I can say is WOW!! After reading all of the reviews, I decided to try this on my already healthy hair. I did not expect to see this much of a difference. My hair feels Amazing!! I don't ever need to purchase another expensive hair mask.Thank you for this recipe!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by skylo0406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really didn't know what to expect when I tried this. I kind of figured that it would be slimy and messy and not stay on my head and smell bad. None of these things were true. The honey makes the mixture sticky enough to stay put and it was easy to apply. Can't beat the price either. It washed out very easily in the shower and didn't leave my hair the least bit greasy or smelly. It did leave it very soft and shiny. Wonderful, will be doing again and again and again. You have to try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 2:03:00 PM More reviews by lorencita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

ok people.. this right here is THE BEST thing to hit my hair! I have tried every single high end mask, leave in.. you name it, my hair has experienced it! This is by far the easiest, cheapest aaaaand BEST I've tried. I doubled the recipe and added a bit more honey so it wouldn't drip for nothing. Yes, it felt kinda like glue, but I didn't mind. I wrapped my head in saran wrap and left it for 30 min. When I styled my hair as usual, I was shocked.. I seriously looked like I had new hair! It was shiny, bouncy, my split ends were no where in sight & it felt thicker! It has been 4 days since my bomb & my hair still looks great (and on top of all that, I've been to the beach 2 times since I did it, so I've even washed my hair more than usual!) I cannot recommend this enough.. I'm going to tell everyone I know about this, cause everyone deserves to have good hair days.. every day! Try it.. you'll love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Shanna7463

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So after reading all the great reviews I decided to try this out this weekend. I actually had to triple the recipe cause I have super long hair (little past half-way down my back) and suuper thick Indian hair. Its a bit messy putting it in, so definitely plan to clean your bathroom afterward! =o) As I was washing my hair I didn't notice anything different...didn't feel super soft or anything, BUT once I finish straighten ironing it, it looked AMAZING. It definitely has WAY more shine and is suuuuper soft. I will definitely be doing this at least twice a month! I LOVE how cheap all the ingredients are too! Thank you SO much for posting this concoction!!! =o)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2009 11:35:00 AM More reviews by cb23

I followed the instructions for this exactly, I doubled the recipe because I have long hair, and used the cling-wrap cap while I waited. Putting this through my hair wasn't really pleasant, the mixture smells pretty bad and drips all over. Once it's in my hair it doesn't really drip, but putting it in is messy. When I washed it out, my hair didn't immediately feel softer - so I used my conditioner as well. I was a bit disappointed that the egg bomb wouldn't be enough of a conditioning treatment on it's own. Once I blow-dried my hair I didn't feel that it was softer or shinier than normal after using my conditioner, but it definitely had more volume - which is a big plus for me because I have long hair that tends to be flat and weighed down. I can't give this a 5 because I don't think it improved the softness or shininess of my hair - for that I think I will stick to the Vinegar Rinse (just put some white vinegar in a squeezy bottle and apply through hair in the shower after shampooing and conditioning, then rinse out - without getting in your eyes!), which is a lot less messy and time-consuming, but I will use this treatment again when I need some extra volume, then just follow it with the vinegar rinse for the shiny look that I love.

EDIT: So I've tried this again - I didn't need to double the recipe this time because I've had my hair cut since the last time I tried it. I again followed the recipe exactly, but I didn't cling-wrap it, I just wrapped my hair in a towel instead, and I followed washing with conditioner and a vinegar rinse. Again, this treatment gave my hair more volume - which is great, but again, didn't do much in the way of softness or shininess. I'd even go so far as to say that it left my hair more dull from the added egg/honey/oil. I think that as a conditioner this is not really worth the mess and time and smell (leaves my bathroom smelling like wet dog), I would only use it again if I felt I needed a volume boost, because my regular conditioner seems to do the job without all the extra work.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 11:21:00 PM More reviews by ValleyGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a great deep conditioning treatment. Only problem is that I guess I have more hair than I think I do, because even with doubling the recipe (I have hair to my bra strap) it wasn't nearly enough product by far. I was out of eggs, so I made it work by concentrating on the bottom 2/3 of my hair. Next time I will triple the recipe. Oh, also I used jojoba oil as I already use that in my hair. A generic brand of olive oil would be cheaper!

My hair is almost too soft and has a definite shine. Very nicely done!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 6:56:00 PM More reviews by soraya69

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Haha, yes I will "buy" again :D
I have box-colored blond hair, that still has some breakage dots about 1/2" from the ends due to previous excessive flat ironing and blow drying, is thin and although not in horrible shape, still needs lots of TLC. I have tried numerous treatments, expensive 'poos and conditioners (KS) and masks, and although they do work some, I still never felt totally satisfied. So I thought I'd try this recipe after reading raves on this board. I have bra strap long hair, but kinda thin, so the basic amount of ingredients (2 tbsp EVOO, 1 tsp honey and 1 egg yolk) was enough. It did smell like cake batter, and applying it was not as icky as I had expected it to be. The mixture got hard very fast, and after I finished covering my whole head in it, I topped it with some mayo for extra conditioning. Wrapped my head in saran wrap and left it on for about 45 min. Then I washed and conditioned as usual (it washed out pretty easily), put in my Kielh's leave-in, and air dried. I am very happy with the result - my hair felt stronger and softer, and looked shinier and healthier. I can't see most of those breakage dots I was talking about (I'm not saying they got fixed, because that would be impossible, but they are not as obvious). I'm thinking this treatment is definitely able to prevent split ends and dryness, and it can be a huge aid in growing hair long. I am planning on using this concoction weekly, and just invest in good quality shampoo and conditioner from now on, instead of all those expensive treatments that might or might not work.
Oh, and I also talked a coworker into trying this treatment, and today she reported great results and said this will be her only treatment from now on :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 2:14:00 PM More reviews by Autumn13

Kudos to you siameselouise and your friend! I’ve used the mayo thing before but never its raw ingredients. Nice!!! So, I’m pretty happy with my hair regime and due to my networking with you all lovely MUAs, I now have soft and silky hair that I’ve only dreamed about. Many, many thanks!
I saw this yesterday and said, why not. I have all the ingredients at home and it’s my deep conditioning night so it’s perfect evening to try it. So, very pleased that I tried it. I followed the instructions: whisk egg yolk, add EVOO and honey. Worked it thru my hair…felt kinda funky…then, placed about a tablespoon of mayo. Wrap in plastic and towel and wait for 30 minutes. I was cooking, ladies!! After the kitchen clock’s ding, I rinsed, shampooed, and mild conditioner again. My hair didn’t feel soft as it usually does, even when wet. Hmmm….let it dry…same texture after my Kiehl’s deep conditioner. Nice!! Cheap, really nice!! So, the lesson here is why buy store brand product for nearly $30 when you can get the same result for products that are staple in your kitchen…well, at least in mine. Will have to use up Kiehl’s so I’ll follow Siameselouise’s routine…twice a month and use Kiehl’s the other two weeks in the month. Very please indeed! Many thanks again Siameselouise to you and your friend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2009 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Bunz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes, of course, I was skeptical too. But this simple 3 ingredient concoction is amazing. I have color treated, 50% coarse gray hair and this is the first thing that's actually smoothed it out. I use Pureology Nano shampoo and conditioner, and although it helps, nothing compares to this. I left mine on 2 hours while watching a movie, and I just can't say enough. Like another reviewer, I used no serums or products at all: just shampoo, condition and blow dry. I plan to use this weekly. Thank you so much to the gal who posted this!