August 23, 2014 | 1778 users online

Palettes - Kat Von D - Ludwig Palette

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 3:32:00 PM More reviews by BeautyMuse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

WOW! I really love this palette. You get 8 well matched, pigmented, soft, blendable eyeshadows that you can mix and match to create a wide range of looks. I would definitely be able to take this on a trip and not worry about any other eyeshadows. I like how the black and brown shades are matte but still highly blendable. Also, the brown e/s (Leather) is my perfect brow filler shade. The packaging is really pretty, a bit hard to open but that's not a big deal. I love how it's so sleek and easily stored. The small brushes included are great for lining but I wouldn't use them for anything else. It also comes with a big mirror which is very useful. If I ever had to re-purchase I wouldn't think twice about doing so.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 11:54:00 AM More reviews by emywikle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

These eyeshadows are GREAT. They're very pigmented, so I don't have to cake them on to get the depth of color I want, and they blend surprisingly well.

Very neutral, very pretty, and they go on beautifully wet or dry. And *all* of the colors are pretty- not like most palettes, which seem to always have one crap color thrown in.

The palette itself is quite large- it's a little pricier than some other brands, but is well worth the cost because you end up getting so much for what you pay! The little brushes that come with the palette are better than the standard foam applicators, but I prefer using them as wet eyeliner brushes, because they generate a lot of fallout from the shadows when used dry.

This palette is a worthwhile buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by dawn65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love, love, love this palette. The shadows are soft and have almost a creamy-like texture to them. They are super blendable and the color payoff is outstanding. The 8 shades included enable you to create a multitude of looks - from a very subtle, soft, neutral daytime eye to a very sultry, sexy, smoky nightime eye. I love that the dark black shade (Lucifer) and the dark brown shade (Leather) are matte as they can be used with other eyeshadows and/or other palettes that do not provide matte shades. The black palette iself is sleek, super-thin, and has a big mirror on the inside of the lid, all which make it perfect for travel. The $34 price tag may seem a little steep, but you do get 8 different eyeshadows and because they are all so pigmented, you really do not have to use alot of product to create the look you want. I have had my palette now for about 6 months, reach for it often and still have not hit pan on any of the colors. If I ever do though, I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by sparklythings

I am really loving this palette. The only complaint i have is that, i wish it had a matte highlight color.
THe light green in the palette is amazing! i love this green. it totally brings out my brown eyes. and the blk shadow is really pigmented. i prefer using this blk over mac's carbon.
a really great palette to own, if u love neutrals. great for travelling. u can create great day time as well as night time looks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by blatantdream

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This palette totally rocks. It's totally wearable yet you can still glam yourself up. The black and the brown basic matte colors make this the perfect palette to bring on vacation instead of a bunch of loose eyeshadow pots. The greens, browns, and bronzes work together for a nice smokey look but at the same time this palette can be used for a neutral look. The lighter colors are great as highlighters. Not a lot of fallout from this palette which I like. I haven't found much use for the brushes, but I guess if it was in there and I needed them I'd have them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by spiderleenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Of all the Kat Von D palettes, I'd say that Ludwig is the closest thing to a neutral palette. In my opinion, there are nothing but highly wearable and non-intrusive colors to wear while still being able to glam yourself up. There are so many looks I've come up with while using this palette that I'd feel perfectly comfortable traveling with it without having any other eyeshadows with me.

Let me do a breakdown of the colors:

- The matte black (Lucifer) and the matte brown (Leather) are colors that are staples in everyone's makeup collection. Some may not like that there are two basic colors in this, but again, it makes the palette convenient for travel.

- The mossy greens (Orbi and Dimebag) are great colors for those with brown or green eyes. Sometimes these colors almost come across as gunmetal-like when I'm doing a smokey eye, so I'm curious to see how well they would look on someone with blue eyes.

- The goldish green-yellow color (Tequila) and the goldish tan color (Clay) are fantastic highlight colors.

- The almost rusty browns (Downtown and Baroque) have a lovely metallic quality to them, and are very easy to pull off a smokey eye with.

All of the shadows are highly pigmented and are a dream to blend. I'm not very gifted when it comes to pulling of a smokey eye, but I feel like I can do it with these shadows because of their blendability.

As for the duration of these shadows, these have not faded on me once (but keep in mind that I use an eyeshadow primer like Urban Decay Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance). I've also experienced zero fallout.

The packaging is gorgeous. At first, I thought it would look a little too juvenile and Hot Topic-y for me because people kept describing this beauty line as "For the rocker chicks." Luckily that's not how the packaging looks. I think it's quite elegant and sleek.

The one thing I can complain about with this palette are the brushes. I think they're quite useless, but that's not a big deal for me because I have makeup brushes. The only use I've gotten out of the palette brushes are for putting shadow on the lower lashline or for lip products (but even then, there are much better and more efficient brushes to use).

Overall, this palette is a complete home run for me. It's honestly all I've been wearing for the past couple of weeks since purchasing it. It's my new love!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by uhohemmylou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

After reading so many positive reviews on this product I knew I had to give it shot even if it was $34, which seemed a little bit steep to me before I bought it. Now I'm so happy i bought it that I don't even care about how much money it was and I'm seriously considering buying the other ones and starting a collection just because this one is so awesome. The shadows are as pigmented as any MAC shadow I've used and they blend flawlessly. The green shadows in particular are gorgeous and I would buy them TOTALLY buy them individually. All of the shadows have a nice metallic sparkle that's not super glittery or chunky and I haven't experienced any major glitter fall-out like you would with a MAC frost or lustre. All of the colors look really great together and there are few that are even neutral enough to wear on their own. The packaging is absolutely gorgeous and I almost felt guilty for throwing out the pretty little box and wrapper that it came in-- these shadows are seriously so amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by alyssaraquel

This palette is amazing! There are so many options of eyeshadow looks that you can do! I especially love the matte brown and black in this palette...you can use them with the other shimmery colors to create the perfect smokey eye. The colors are amazingly pigmented, better than my MAC eyeshadows. The packaging is gorgeous! I love this soo much! Worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2010 9:08:00 AM More reviews by kdimp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

very good palette. the colors are pigmented and last all day and i really like the colors given since they can give neutral looks or a more dramatic look. i actually like the black shadow, lucifer, better than MAC's carbon. its smoother and blends easier. very satisfied with this palette.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by bootsiee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this palette. The colors are neutral for the most part with a great black that is great to take the neutral colors and make a beginner's smokey eye. I have used this palette almost every day since I bought it! The quality seems pretty good to me too.