Biore UV Perfect Face Milk SPF 50+ PA+++ [REFORMULATED 2014]

4.1

BHT

**EDIT** Stopped using this because I think it's clogging my pores on my nose causing little red/white bumps. I get really sweaty on my nose (eew) so maybe it constricts it too much? Maybe?

**EDIT** It's a physical sunscreen so we only need a pea size amount for the whole face! (as instructed by dermtv.com - check out this very informative dermatologist's channel) I usually dab 5 pea size spots around my face (forehead, both cheeks, nose and chin) and spread it all over my face to be on the safe side as a pea size just doesn't feel enough (paranoid). Manufactures really should start instructing dosages based on their ingredients list.

Best oil control sunscreen I have ever used! Excellent make up base and keeps me pretty much oil free for most of the day! This review is for the Perfect Face Milk (sebum absorbing power). I previously used Shiseido sunscreen, the ones in the blue bottles with the orange cap. I used that for the last 3 years daily and in desperation picked this Biore sunscreen because I ran out of my shiseido one.

Only thing I don't like is that it stings my eyes a little, but that's only because I get right in there all over my eye area when applying sunscreen. Also it makes my undereyes dry so I might need a different one or continue with my shiseido for my undereye area alone which works great keeping the area moisturised and protected. The oil control of this is too awesome to pass! I might try Kiehl's undereye moisturiser with SPF30 for this predicament since my Kiehl's avocado is running low and it would be a 2 in 1 without needing to purchase another sunscreen. All in all, amazing make up base and oil control sunscreen for normal/combination skin type.

I've bought this several times since the beginning of the year, and I really like it. It goes on oily feeling but takes only a few minutes to absorb into skin. Not a bad makeup primer either. In the humid summers, you are probably safe to skip the moisturizer and primer with this. Winter, you may have to add moisturizer depending on your skin and where you live. My skin is pretty dry though, so of course YMMV. I am pretty acne prone as well and have not had a problem with this breaking me out at all. There is no white cast unless I try to use it on my hands... then for some reason it dries whitish. The price is really great too, especially when compared with Anessa and Sofina. I also have gone through a bottle of the brightening version in the pink bottle, which is very comparable - just comes out more iridescent/pearly which is not really noticeable to me on my face, esp after makeup.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have tried some different oil- free base and they are either too sticky or too soggy. However, after using this one, I am totally pleased now. The coverage is really smooth (as if there weren't any cream on my face) but its effect is still great. My skin isnt too good due to blackhead, whitehead and clogged pore... but at least with this product, my foundation coverage seems blend better with my real skin, making my face look smooth naturally. But because it is sunscreen so I'm not sure if I can use it at night. I may try to find another product with the same effect for night make up.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Love this! I ordered it from overseas and the price inc. postage was very reasonable compared to the price of high street sunscreens in the U.K. The bottle seems small but the product seems to last very well. What can I say - this is wonderful at providing spf 50 and a matte base for my make up. I might occasionally use a serum or moisturiser underneath, but I tend to find that when it's sunny and I work out doors, that I use this straight on top of clean skin and it works very well. I only put one application on in the morning, then powder and bronzer, and I'm good for the day. So so pleased that I was rec'd this by the skincare board. Using this has made a huge difference to my skincare routine.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

god i love this stuff. i have never not been oily and after using this with a lightweight moisturizer, i'm good for almost an entire day. i'm on retin-a, so my skin is ridiculously sensitive atm, but so far i haven't gotten any breakouts. the product itself is very light, runny and liquidy. it comes in a very small bottle but you don't need much (i over-applied and definitely got the flakies, so be careful). i'd definitely recommend this for both the spf and oil-control properties, but beware if you're sensitive to alcohol, as it does contain it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love this product. I've tried many sunscreens and this is the best! It mattifies my skin which is really cool since it's SPF50 and most sunscreens with high SPF are really oily, this is not sticky either! It's like sleathering water on your face :) I have freckle prone (?) skin and since the place I live in is REALLY sunny, SPF 50 is perfect. At first I contemplated for a bit because the packaging is really small for it's price, but you need very little to cover the entire face (very easy to spread)! However, if you have dry skin, I do not recommend this as it is VERY drying - it is meant for normal to oily skin. Definitely will repurchase but I'm gonna try the brightening one first to see which suits me better. Still, I LOVE IT.

It does have a great oil control, but it also drying. My skin become flaky and tight after using it. I can't use it daily. Once a week is enough.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

(WHITE version)
No matter which "weightless" or oil-free sunscreen I try, I always come back to this. It is extremely runny and easy to even out on the face, and dries to a powdery finish. I love that it's spf 50 and pa+++, and still feels like nothing at all. The other Biore sunscreens (mousse texture, aqua rich) are just as weightless, but still leave a glowy sheen that I am not a fan of. This is the only version that contains mattifying powder, making it perfect for layering under liquid foundation.

The only con:
Small packaging. Alarming rate of repurchase.

I've tried the pink one too, which "color-corrects" by leaving a pinkish hue. Not the kind of base that suits me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm loving this sunscreen as a PRIMER. Controls oil, dries down to a soft matte finish. My foundation applies beautifully over it, no matter which one I use. I have oily skin and I'm finding I only have to blot once a day. I like this as a primer even more than Murad Oil Control mattifier. I will definitely repurchase. Find it on ebay, bobodave.com, or other asian beauty sites. Love this stuff!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

This is a lightweight fluid-like sunscreen that gives (me) a powdery finish and makes my skin extremely matte.

I have combination/oily skin with a oily t-zone and every sunscreen that I have used made my t-zone look even more oily. This just makes it matte and gives my face a great finish. It does take some time to get used to this, because I feel sometimes my face looks very "made up" (like I put on foundation in stead of sunscreen) but I still think that this finish is better than the usual greasy finish that sunscreens give me (and I have tried A LOT and they always look extremely greasy on my already oily skin).

The white cast seemed minimal at first, but I have now noticed that I have to really rub it in and "spread" the sunscreen very well (if that makes sense) to avoid patches of white cast. Besides that, you can hardly see a white cast.

I have mainly used European sunscreens and on my dark skin (NC40 - NC45) they always leave a huge white shine/cast. Even though you have to blend in the sunscreen extremely well, I am really happy there is no real noticiable cast (especially in comparison with European sunscreen).

The only con for me is al the alcohol. It hasn't broken me out (yet) but every time I put it on I smell this insane amount of alcohol that just cannot be good for your skin. So I am going to continue using this product and give my skin some extra care/moisture because it will probably need it.

Another con (though not really a problem for me) is the size of the bottle. TINY! I'm guessing this will last me a month, tops, with daily use. Eventually this will cost me a lot if I'm going to use this daily (I got it at 18 $ at Bobodave.com). Still, I think I will be repurchasing, especially for the summer months (april - september).

Top Rated Biore Products