November 23, 2014 | 2039 users online

Sunscreen - Biore - UV Perfect Face Milk SPF 50+ PA+++ [REFORMULATED 2014]

See http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=174845/UV-Perfect-Face-Milk-SPF-50+-PA++++-%28New-2014%29/Biore/Sunscreen for the reformulated version of this product as of spring 2014

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by jingyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

god i love this stuff. i have never not been oily and after using this with a lightweight moisturizer, i'm good for almost an entire day. i'm on retin-a, so my skin is ridiculously sensitive atm, but so far i haven't gotten any breakouts. the product itself is very light, runny and liquidy. it comes in a very small bottle but you don't need much (i over-applied and definitely got the flakies, so be careful). i'd definitely recommend this for both the spf and oil-control properties, but beware if you're sensitive to alcohol, as it does contain it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 4:31:00 AM More reviews by Scarlethreads

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this product. I've tried many sunscreens and this is the best! It mattifies my skin which is really cool since it's SPF50 and most sunscreens with high SPF are really oily, this is not sticky either! It's like sleathering water on your face :) I have freckle prone (?) skin and since the place I live in is REALLY sunny, SPF 50 is perfect. At first I contemplated for a bit because the packaging is really small for it's price, but you need very little to cover the entire face (very easy to spread)! However, if you have dry skin, I do not recommend this as it is VERY drying - it is meant for normal to oily skin. Definitely will repurchase but I'm gonna try the brightening one first to see which suits me better. Still, I LOVE IT.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by sylviaangelina

It does have a great oil control, but it also drying. My skin become flaky and tight after using it. I can't use it daily. Once a week is enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 2:32:00 AM More reviews by theleia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

(WHITE version)
    No matter which "weightless" or oil-free sunscreen I try, I always come back to this. It is extremely runny and easy to even out on the face, and dries to a powdery finish. I love that it's spf 50 and pa+++, and still feels like nothing at all. The other Biore sunscreens (mousse texture, aqua rich) are just as weightless, but still leave a glowy sheen that I am not a fan of. This is the only version that contains mattifying powder, making it perfect for layering under liquid foundation.

The only con:
    Small packaging. Alarming rate of repurchase.

I've tried the pink one too, which "color-corrects" by leaving a pinkish hue. Not the kind of base that suits me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 3:33:00 AM More reviews by dopalives

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm loving this sunscreen as a PRIMER. Controls oil, dries down to a soft matte finish. My foundation applies beautifully over it, no matter which one I use. I have oily skin and I'm finding I only have to blot once a day. I like this as a primer even more than Murad Oil Control mattifier. I will definitely repurchase. Find it on ebay, bobodave.com, or other asian beauty sites. Love this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2011 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Overload

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a lightweight fluid-like sunscreen that gives (me) a powdery finish and makes my skin extremely matte.

I have combination/oily skin with a oily t-zone and every sunscreen that I have used made my t-zone look even more oily. This just makes it matte and gives my face a great finish. It does take some time to get used to this, because I feel sometimes my face looks very "made up" (like I put on foundation in stead of sunscreen) but I still think that this finish is better than the usual greasy finish that sunscreens give me (and I have tried A LOT and they always look extremely greasy on my already oily skin).

The white cast seemed minimal at first, but I have now noticed that I have to really rub it in and "spread" the sunscreen very well (if that makes sense) to avoid patches of white cast. Besides that, you can hardly see a white cast.

I have mainly used European sunscreens and on my dark skin (NC40 - NC45) they always leave a huge white shine/cast. Even though you have to blend in the sunscreen extremely well, I am really happy there is no real noticiable cast (especially in comparison with European sunscreen).

The only con for me is al the alcohol. It hasn't broken me out (yet) but every time I put it on I smell this insane amount of alcohol that just cannot be good for your skin. So I am going to continue using this product and give my skin some extra care/moisture because it will probably need it.

Another con (though not really a problem for me) is the size of the bottle. TINY! I'm guessing this will last me a month, tops, with daily use. Eventually this will cost me a lot if I'm going to use this daily (I got it at 18 $ at Bobodave.com). Still, I think I will be repurchasing, especially for the summer months (april - september).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by cdputman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product arrives in the mail from Japan looking like a doll sized product. I was shocked about how LITTLE you get. But, I don't care. I have very fair and very oily skin. I have been slathering it on with SPF every day since I was 16. Even though, it means by 12 noon I have used three blot films, I always thought I had to suffer with oily residue and greasy skin just to protect it from the sun. And, if it meant no wrinkles, then I was determined, if not happy, to do it. Then I found this.
    Firstly, I don't know what people are talking about by this being hard to remove. If you wash your face, at all, like you ought, then this, like anything else, comes off. Second, its a true matte finish. Which for an SPF of 50 is like an oxymoronic miracle. My makeup went on a little bit powdery, but rather than deal with an oil slick in 2 hours, I didn't care. Plus, in 2 hours, this left my skin looking normal - not greasy, not cakey, just lovely. This product makes it possible to protect your skin, without sacrificing beautiful, oil free skin and I am sooooooo glad I found it!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2011 10:32:00 PM More reviews by barbiH

My skin does NOT like this sunscreen. Granted, my skin's SD-prone and fussy but Sofina Lucent has worked beautifully for a couple of yrs. Several other Sofina Lucent lovers have successfully switched over to this one, so I felt I needed to give it a shot. Granted, I was a little concerned about the cyclopentasiloxane which usually gives me problems. But I thought it was worth a try. Well....at least now I know. This Biore is even more matte than the Sofina....if that's possible. So I can see why those with really oily skin love it. It completely sucks out any moisture from one's skin. The finish is a definite dry matte, not a pretty satin matte like the discontinued Sofina. To sum it up....I didn't have any horrible breakouts. My skin just looked faintly rashy and unhappy, not a pretty look. The search continues....

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by xBl0cPartyx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love that I can finally use an ss that isn't shiny! I have *extremely* oily skin and I have to blot about every two hours because of it. Every other ss I'd try would just enhance the oily look to my skin and make me oily quicker! Also, I tan very, very quickly and because my face gets more exposure to the sun than the rest of me, my face is darker than my body so hopefully this will stop my face from tanning too much and maybe spots of hyperpigmentation will even out over time.

This really seems like face milk because it does look like milk! It's white with a very thin consistency and it absorbs instantly so you're not there for ages grinding it into your skin. It also dries to a matte, almost powdery finish (thankfully!). It does need removing with mu remover though. I've heard an oil based one works well but I just use a regular one and it's fine. Not sure about this one in flash photography though.

Also, since using this ss my skin has started to actually look ok, even though I have some remaining acne scars. It seems to look clearer. So maybe the sunlight was aiding breakouts, who knows? I'm happy that I can now actually wear an ss that works for me :) thanks for Laceyh for the rec!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2011 11:02:00 AM More reviews by kiraty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading all of the reviews on here - thanks girls!!! I bought mine from Amazon, and paid $15 which seems average. I tried it for the first time yesterday and it really helped my oily skin! I still got shiny, but when I blotted I was MATTE. That has NEVER happened! I'm very happy because as any oily skinned person knows, sunscreen and oily skin is a terrible combination. It smells a little suncreen-y but not in an overpowering way. I haven't been out in the sun long enough to actually comment on that so I'll have to update. So far my only complaints are that it only comes in an ounce and it isn't sold in the US. I'll take another poster's advice and order a few at a time next time!