August 22, 2014 | 1757 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Sonia Kashuk - Blending Sponge

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by TaraJean75

I'm really liking this sponge! I used it with my colorstay and got a nice smooth finish! I would purchase again in the future!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2010 12:47:00 PM More reviews by gypsytejas

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this about 18 months ago and it's a great little sponge. The shape allows me to get around my eyes beautifully. I don't use it to apply liquid foundation, but instead use it dampened to smmoth concealer ond do finishing blending on foundation when needed. When I'm giving a makeup gift bag to girlefriends I always include on of these.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by MakeupJane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an average sponge. It soaks up tons of makeup and applies...average. No airbrushed look and it does not perform or feel anything like the original Beauty Blender. If all you want is a colorful, average sponge, buy this. If you want a Beauty Blender dupe, save you're money because this aint it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/11/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by wwc20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the beautyblender first and i love it! But its expensive so i bought 3 of this cheaper version and sorry but its nothing like the beauty blender! Like someone said below, it soaks like at least double the amount of your foundation than the beatyblender. Its very stiff and the beautyblender is super soft!!!!!!

I have experiement both version with lm silk creme doundation whih is a think one, with beautyblender it looks so good with good coverage, but with this sponge it looks very thick and everyone can easily tell i have a loy of make up on.

And the most imposrtant thing is! I have used the beautyblender for 3 months and it still looks very good. However, i have used the sk version for no more than 5 times and it starts to wear off and i have to dispose it! (i will upload a picture compare them later)

this sponge is cheaper but i realize that i can get 2 beautyblender for 25 so if u buy two sponges its only $5 more... Consider the result and the durability thiss $5 really worths it!

If i have never used the beautyblender i might give it 5 lippie, but now its just nothing compares to that....

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by bunnyb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Awful!! The one pictured is blue but for some reason, mine is purple. I don't know if that makes a difference or not, but this sponge made absolutely no difference in how my makeup was applied or looked afterwards. The sponge didn't get very wet despite soaking it for a few minutes in water and the application was anything but airbrushed. What a waste of $10. I don't own the beauty blender but after these horrible results with the "knockoff" version, I won't even bother.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by gobayram

Okay, i purchased this thinking i'd save some money instead of buying the beauty blender...i used it for a good 3 weeks. It does give a good finish but when you wet this nothing happens..it doesn't expand or anything so when you use it all of your foundation is soaked into it. If you want to save $10 and not buy the beauty blender you will lose in the long run because you will use 2x the amount of foundation that you need with the sonia kashuk sponge. I purchased the beauty blender last week and OMG i am so so so happy with it. it expands to double its original size when you wet it so very little foundation is needed to cover your whole face. I think the finish is the same but i'd much rather spend $20 on the beauty blender and save foundation since foundation is way more than the $10 i'd save getting the sonia kashuk sponge. so overall the finish is good but the sponge itself soaks up a lot of makeup i wouldn't buy this again go for the beauty blender if you want your foundation to last!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 1:55:00 AM More reviews by emmyboop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This little sponge makes makeup fun to apply. It's so easy and it gives a flawless application. I don't like using it with very expensive foundation because I feel like it absorbs too much, but when I use Revlon PR this is my favorite way to apply it. You just pounce it on your face and it gives you a perfect, airbrushed look. It cleans easily and I've had mine for about 6 months without any cracking or breaking off. I think this little guy is going to last me awhile, but when it does finally kick the bucket I am definitely buying another one. I've never used the beauty blender, but I don't really feel the need to spend the extra money since I'm so happy with this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2010 11:08:00 AM More reviews by AmandaEve011

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm returning this if target lets me. This is nothing like the beauty blender...either is the ulta version. It's much tougher and doesn't leave that flawless look. Does it apply your make up, yes, but once you get the beauty blender you will never go back to this...trust me. It's worth the extra money to buy the real thing in this case!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2009 12:25:00 PM More reviews by elliemae88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

The magic that this sponge has worked on my face is unbelievable!! My makeup looks so smoothe and even! I absolutely love this sponge! I think it's the best makeup invention to date! I've seen the Beauty Blenders used in youtube videos and such and, although I haven't used one myself, from what I can see, it does the same job that the Sonia Kashuk Blending Sponge does. I would definitely buy this sponge again and again and recommend it to others!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2009 5:22:00 AM More reviews by annieup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For the beauty whore that I am, if I had to choose only 5 makeup products/tools that I had to use for a "makeover" or at a beauty island, this blending sponge would definitely be on the list. I absolutely love the finish I got when using this tool. I couldn't stop looking in the mirror because the results of it's blending property was almost surreal. I'd never thought anything would be as good/better than my MAC 187. This sponge blends the product perfectly in my skin and it doesn't look like I'm wearing makeup. I apply my liquid foundation on my face first, then use the blending sponge to stipple the product into my skin. Remember to bounce off the skin. I'm addicted to bouncing it on my face. Results?????? Flawless. Use Dr. Bronner's Pure Castille Soap to clean the sponge. I clean it after every use. I once used it to apply my foundation, powder and blush and was looking like a barbie doll. No Streaks. Now the question is, why was mine $15 and everyone elses $10? I think Target made a mistake on my purchase.