December 21, 2014 | 1707 users online

BB Cream - MISSHA - M Perfect Cover BB Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by caliya

I had high hopes for this product after researching about it to death before making a purchase. The price is a bit higher compared to other Korean BB creams but I was disappointed. The coverage is very sheer and it makes my skin look lifeless (almost like a zombie) due to the grey cast. On the brighter side, I like that it has SPF 42 and it did not give me irritation/break-outs. I'll be trying a Japanese BB cream soon and hoping that it would work since I have a yellow undertone.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by AnjieB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm NC20 and wanted something lighter than my long wear foundation that provided some coverage and had a decent SPF. This has coverage, and a high SPF that also offers photo-stable UVA protection. It should have been awesome.

But this turned my fairly normal, if acne-prone, skin into the weirdest type of combination skin. It made my skin oily on the surface, and tight, dry, and flaky--all over. Severely dry and very oily, in the same spots, at the same time. I have enough skin care products buried in my bathroom cabinets that I figured I could handle any skin care issues whatsoever (a history of cystic acne is really only good for accumulating skin care products...) but NOTHING could fix the oily surface and the cracking, peeling skin under it. After a few days I started to break out despite the fact that my skin is usually clear this time of the month. Cosmetic grade mineral oil may not actually clog pores, but something in this concoction clogged mine badly. I've got no idea who I would recommend this for in terms of skin type, since it seems to bring about the worst of every possible skin condition, all at once.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 2:28:00 PM More reviews by devonmoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

For me, this BB cream is amaaazing. I am very, very pale. Most drugstore foundations do not sell a shade light enough for me. This BB cream in #13 is an absolutely perfect match for my skin tone. I am acne prone - this product does not break me out, and it has great coverage. I use it instead of foundation, applied with a light hand, because it is easy to overdo it - you do not need much. I will say that although this shade happens to fit me well, there are not many shades of this product, so it may be hard for some to find a color match. The only "con" for me is that I wish it was a bit cheaper. But luckily one tube lasts me a couple of months. All-in-all, I will continue to buy this product over and over again. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2014 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Minirockss

I started off loving this product, but only because I didn't really have much experience with face makeup. After using it for half a year, I'd say I'm ready to give a review. Fyi, I'm currently no longer using this as I've found better alternatives.

First off, I used to love this because it evened out my skin tone and provided long-lasting great coverage. Plus, it had SPF42! Thumbs up to no need for sunscreen! But later, I decided this was not exactly what I wanted for daily wear. Let me just say that the colour is totally off. I used shade 23, and it was too grayish-pink on me. It made me look washed out, and it did not photograph well either. Since the shade was a total mismatch, I decided to try #27 for its yellow undertone. But guess what? It was WAY too dark for me and made me look orange. Big nono!

Secondly, this was a tad too greasy/heavy on me. The smell was also very strong! It smells like Johnson's baby powder. I'm okay with it, but let me just inform you guys that it takes quite a while for the scent to fade off.

To summarize it all:

Pros: Long-lasting, high coverage, smells good if you enjoy the Johnson's smell, decent oil control, SPF 42.

Cons: Can feel quite heavy, shades are a total mismatch for me (I have neutral/yellow undertones), those who dislike scented products will find this smell too strong

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Lforde46

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

For all you gals concerned that this cream contains some mineral oil, a study conducted by the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology declared that cosmetic grade mineral oil is NONCOMEDOGENIC in 2005. Industrial grade, yes, but not cosmetic grade. See this article: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/05/050531075410.htm. If you're breaking out, don't get hung up on the mineral oil; look beyond that at the other ingredients to find the culprit.

Now that we got that out of the way, THIS STUFF IS AWESOME! I've tried lots of western BB creams but this stuff puts them to shame. It's so light and easy to apply, and leaves my skin with a nice dewy finish. I use Honey Beige on my neutral-to-slightly-warm-toned skin and I get great coverage out of it, it even hides my age spots. No break-outs or drying, but I have basically normal skin. I apply it using the RT Expert Face brush concentrating on my T-zone where I have surface redness and blending out to the edges. I've found it lasts the entire 9 hour work day. I've not tried to take it beyond that yet, but in my experience it hasn't started breaking down yet when I take it off. Will definitely buy again!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by bkurant

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i am in love !!!
after using josie maran matchmaker foundation in fair/light, i thought that i found the best ever foundation for my temperamental skin. don't get me wrong - matchmaker is an amazing foundation if you are lucky to find a good match for your skin. but, just like any other foundation it requires good sunscreen to use under.
that presented a problem, in my case. i only use la roche possay anthelios xl (which i buy from french drugstores). unfortunately, the matchmaker and lrp dont want to play nice. they really dislike each other and i am left with a mess to clean up :(
this means that i can only use jm foundation when going out in the evening. what to do? search the web, starting with mua. as always, you ladies did not disappoint. so many took the time to write about missha bb creams. thank you, thank you.
after a lot of reseach and soul-searching - am i #13 or #21?, should i trust ebay or amazon? - i decided that $ is not a lot of money for 50mg of product and bought it in shade #21.
i've been using it for a month and love it, love it, love it. every time i wear it, people ask me about my skin-care regiment. no one ever asks what foundation i use. this bb cream gives such a perfect coverage, it is invisible, while making your skin look flawless.
i have pink undertones and was worried that since this bb cream is made for mostly asian market, it might be too yellow for my complexion. not that some american companies dont make overly yellow foundations (looking at you - b brown). no worries with missha perfect cover. as the name says - perfect. even though it does come out of the tube looking a bit grey, it looks perfect on my skin. not too yellow, not too pink, just a perfect match without any demarcation lines.
my skin tends to be dry in winter and normal in summer. for dry skin, a good moisturizer is needed. i use a few drops of jm argan oil, which gives wonderful smooth base, followed by lrp sunscreen. wait 10-15 minutes, then apply bb cream.
missha perfect cover has spf 45, which is great. but as someone correctly wrote - to have proper sun protection, you would need at least a teaspoon of product. that is unrealistic with bb cream. so, please, if you are serious about protecting you skin from the damaging sun rays, do not skip the sunscreen, even with bb cream, even with high spf.
i am always amazed reading reviews of products with meger spf 12 or 15, that people praise for having spf and believing they get the coverage they need. are you kidding? especially with all the crappy sunscreens american companies sell. but then, we live by the ocean and see so many beautiful women sun-bathing for hours, in the middle of the day, without even applying sunscreen. sad, but true.
anyway, relying on bb cream for sun protection is not enough.
another great thing about this particular bb cream - you can apply it very close to the waterline and it does not burn or irritate your eyes. i have very sensitive eyes, to the point that i could never use mascara, no matter how much i tried. aside from good eye creams, misha bb cream is the only product that does not irritate my eyes. i am often using it instead of eye concealer and cannot be happier.
personally, i do not like heavy foundation coverage. i dont think it looks natural any time, and especially in day light. unless you are an actor or a reality tv star, you look like you are wearing a mask. everyone knows you are wearing foundation. nothing wrong with it, of course, if that is what you like. just know, this cream will not give heavy coverage, even if you use several layers. using just a small amount, this cream gives medium coverage, but blends so beautifully, that it does not feel like, nor look like foundation at all.
has flowery+baby powdery smell, which i can live without. wish it had no fragrance, but will re-purchase in spite of this.
amazingly, lasts all day - from early morning, to late night. i use clarisonic to remove it at night, even at the end of the day, you can see foundation on the clarisonic brush.
again, thanks to all of you who said you need some serious cleansing to remove this bb cream. good advice! guys, do not skip this step. use a good oil cleanser, your skin will be thankful.
what else? ah, the tube - well, yes it is sanitary, but somewhat a pain to use. little pump - not enough product, big pump - too much. and you never know how much product still left in your tube. this would not be so annoying if missha was widely available everywhere. but if you have to order it and wait for a lenghly delivery from korea, etc, you will have to be patient. it requires advanced planning and stocking up. just be aware, this is not something you can buy from your corner drugstore, at least not in north america. not today.
aside from all the minor thngs - missha m perfect cover bb cream has all the potential of hg product. fingers crossed :)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Well I guess it's official - Asian skincare and cosmetics don't work for me!
I had tried the ChoBoYang a year ago and hated it, it just sat on top of my skin looking grey.
This other one did more than that: it also broke me out. I wore it one day at work, and by next day I had cystic acne developing!
It looked ok for a while, then I got oily and it started looking blah. The shade 21 matched me well (I'm NW15).
If it wasn't for the breaking me out, I would have continued to wear it daily as a work foundation, but ... yeah...I'm not willing to have a pizza face because of it.

I guess it's a good product if it doesn't break you out.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by gadgetgalz

I've used this product for 3 years now, it was my HG BB cream but sadly, I'm gonna let it go now. The product blends to my skin nicely, but after a while it tends to build up lots of sebums after I remove it from my face. My skin tends to dry out after cleaning, yet it shines like crazy after 2-3 hours when applied. And I notice my pores are actually bigger at the peek of my cheeks where the product usually shines the most.

After that, I threw my still-90%-tube away and decided to look for a new one.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 6:11:00 AM More reviews by chi77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I may be the only person on this planet who dislikes this. It's expensive compared to the other BB creams I love. It's sticky and watery. Coverage is sheer. Feels like it just sits on top of the skin and doesn't blend well. Gives me a grey cast. Feels heavy like I have a ton of cream on my face. I only love matte bb creams and this is definitely sheer and zombie looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by thekissflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I definitely like this BB cream more than Missha's M Signature Real Complete BB cream. It's much lighter on the face, it doesn't make me break out, and it covers the redness on my cheeks and T-Zone. It tones down acne scars, but they're not completely gone.

Since it's winter, I use a moisturizer before I put this cream on. I probably won't have to during the summer.

The cream stays on my face all day and it doesn't come off until I use soap.

BUT!!
If you have any fine lines or dry patches, the cream will cling on to them. It's not as bad as Signature Real Complete, where the cream's stickiness accentuates the dry patches/lines, but if you don't exfoliate or you cake on too much at once (a little goes a long, long way), it'll look disastrous. The BB cream is also comes on super dewy when you put it on first, though eventually that goes away.

There's a baby powder scent that can be strong if you're not used to it. It doesn't go away.

Would I recommend this BB cream? Absolutely. Just go a shade darker than you normally would. The swatches on the Missha website are darker than they are in real life. So if you're NC 25 ish, Missha's 23 would be good for you during the winter, and their 27 (honey beige) should be ideal for summer.