LUSH Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

4.3

Cornstarch (Zea mays), Kaolin, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Magnesium Carbonate, Perfume, Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), *Linalool.

on 9/2/2008 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I am so glad I bought this product. It has forever changed my bathing routine. I agree with the other reviewers that it's really fun to use and makes me feel very girly and glam. The way it leaves skin feeling is delicious... soft, and smooth, and completely dry. I especially enjoyed using it in the humidity this summer. It made such a difference. The smell is great, but fades way fairly quickly, which I like because I don't want it to interfere with my perfume. I like putting it on after a shower and drying off, and also anytime I just want to freshen up. Lately I dust it on before getting in bed and I'm finding I can't go to bed without it!

The one gripe I have with this, like many, is the packaging. If you actually use the powder dispenser open, sooo much falls out. So far I've just purchased a body powder puff from Ulta and I keep that on top of the dispenser. I still don't open it, and enough powder falls out to use. I am planning to get another container for it (maybe that Coty one) soon.

on 8/30/2008 10:37:00 PM

I talk about this powder in my YouTube Lush review here:

I love everything about this powder except for its lack of staying power.
Pros:
- MOISTURIZING! I mean, a powder that moisturizes? Is that not usually a contradiction in terms? Leaves my skin absolutely creamy!
-Fragrance: more cocoa than jasmine, but that's fine, it's a soft and musky cocoa-jasmine mix, which is quite original and nice in it's own way

Cons:
- fragrance fades almost immediately unless I stick my nose to my skin
- packaging (almost impossible to dispense only a little at a time)

Overall, if I have to own only one body powder, this is it. Will definitely, repurchase when the time comes.

on 8/12/2008 12:43:00 AM

Love all the Jasmine stuff from Lush so I had to try. Got this and the perfume solid. Love this way better than the solid, but neither have great staying power. Feels good on, perfect for summer. Love the scent.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Love it. It's ridiculously pricey (considering baby powder does almost as good of a job minus the scent) but it's just so sexy and lovely to wear. It's such a super soft, silky powder with a sweet and delicate fragrance (jasmine - don't buy if you dislike jasmine). This is my special-occasion powder...

terrible packaging, but a lovely soft and silky powder that makes my skin smooth. the scent is fairly mild, which is good, because it doesn't compete with your perfume.

Love this powder, it is so soft and silky and I love the smell. As others have said though the packaging is terrible, mine seems to leak if tilted over so I have to put it in a baggie for travel.

I have a love/hate relationship with LUSH but in my opinion, this is their best body product. It's small but that little sucker is so moisturizing! It smells good but I mainly love the fact that it leaves me really soft, perfect for those days where you feel rough and dry.

on 5/17/2008 4:00:00 PM

This was an impulse buy since my roommate worked at Lush and I received major discounts on anything I wanted. I loved the way this smells however the packaging is annoying and needs to be re-done. If you love jasmine, you'll love this. Overall, it's a nice fun item that's different but not something I would spend money on again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Oh, how I love my Silky Underwear! To me it smells like it came from the beach - delicate jasmine, a touch of green and the creamy, almost coconutty coco butter. It's so lush!! The texture is smooth and softening, and the scent is low-key and incredibly cuddly. The packaging is awful, tho. Not only is it hard to control how much comes out, the metal base can rust and leave rust stains on the counter if left in damp areas. :P

on 3/30/2008 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Smells divine! Jasmine and vetivert with some cocoa butter to soothe the skin... can't ask for much more than that... except for some decent packaging of course..

Top Rated LUSH Products