April 19, 2014 | 1642 users online

Moisturizers - Avocado Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by BlueStars

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Have been using this for about a week now and it makes skin more supple, but is quite greasy and i think i've broke out from it - prefer trilogys rosehil oill!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 8:06:00 AM More reviews by Ollyli

I love using this, i mix it with my body creams and it works like magic. I also replaced this with my eye cream, it works so much better than those pricey high end eye creams. It also made my eyelashes stronger, thicker and longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by kmclallen

I am hesitant to put oil on my face but I thought I would give it a shot -- I use it when I get up in the morning leave it on for about 45 minutes before I take a shower -- washes off clean, skin is smooth and moisturized, doesn't clog pores, works really well.

I can see in my make up mirror that my skin is no longer dry,my make up goes on smoother and looks great -- will keep using.

I have also been using on eyelashes -- maybe a little difference will update.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2010 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Lily90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

No more need for those chemicaly filled night creams! I feel much more comfortable going to sleep with 100% natural avocado oil on my face than those creams with 4382463 ingredients. I have bought a cold pressed bottle from the supermarket and so far I love how it moisturizes my face so well. I was scared to put oil on my acne prone skin at first but due to the reviews I had to give it a try! It has not clogged my pores or made me break out. It makes my skin feel so nice and soft. It's not greasy at all, my skin absorbs it by half an hour. It has a subtle nutty smell, you can't smell it at all unless you deliberately sniff it hehe. It's good to put some on the lips as well. You can't go wrong with this, even if you have acne prone skin :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2010 12:27:00 PM More reviews by irishgrant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love avocado oil! I purchased the cold pressed variety for about $13 for 8 oz. It has a dropper type cap which is great for limiting the amount I pour. My philosophy was, if I didn't like its effects on my face, I'd use it for cooking. It's far too lovely to cook with. After first applying, it feels a little greasy, but that vanishes within 20 min. The best part is that I haven't had any flaking in the cold weather and I use Retin A every other day. I can honestly say that I believe dark spots have lightened as well. Can it be? Great stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 8:36:00 AM More reviews by JMAKEUPALLEY

Only moisturizer that calmed skin from Retin A. Great antioxidants. I wash face, apply oil, and 1 hour later put on Retin A. The hour delay (for skin to be completely dry) decreases peeling. Just pat lightly and gently work in. Awesome Stuff. Haven't tried cold pressed but will, based on reviews here. PS: Your dog will want to lick your face:)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 1:27:00 AM More reviews by honeybrown1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Currently, I use this as a hair oil. I simply love it. It helps my hair shine, stay soft, and protected from the sun. While my favorite oil is still coconut oil, I have added this to my hair regimen.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2010 8:56:00 PM More reviews by antelopeomg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great facial moisturizer, but for me it really shines (pun intended) as a hair mask. I normally have pretty heat-ravaged over-straightened hair, and no HE or DS conditioning treatment has really been able to provide an effective solution... who would have guessed that the solution actually lay in the kitchen cupboard. I just soaked my entire head in avocado oil, with some castor oil mixed in for variety's sake, and pulled a shower cap and then a warm hat on. I assume the heat from wearing a hat on top makes the oil more effective, but that may just be my imagination. After keeping it on for a couple of hours, I washed it off, and I was floored. My hair no longer had those ridiculously annoying post-straightening flyaways (the kind that stick straight up out of the part of the hair), and the ends were as silky soft as the roots. The best part was how indescribably soft and shiny my hair was... I don't think I'll ever buy a deep-conditioning mask again. I have AuraCacia avocado oil, and the packaging is much more convenient than other brands of oil I've bought, since the desired amount of oil can be squeezed out with no spillage. In summary, this is amazing. Try it. I think I'll be doing this once a week for the rest of my life.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by qdeez21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Avacado oil is great!! Winter time:I use it to moisturize my face at night and to sometimes take off my make up....this is so gooood if you have really dry skin and it never broke me out. You will wake up in the mornig with soft, smooth, moisturized skin. I also use this in my hair when its feeling a little dry (mostly on the ends). Between this oil and evoo its a toss up! Love them both.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2010 12:25:00 AM More reviews by NFerguson

I love the way this feels on my skin! It seems to have a different consistency than other natural oils and sinks in my skin. I read many good reviews about jojoba oil and was very disappointed that it made my eyes water when used on my face or hands. So I was thrilled that not only am I able to use avocado oil but it really does hydrate my skin without clogging pores or making me cry.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No