October 25, 2014 | 1634 users online

Bronzers - TheBalm - Bahama Mama

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by lovenoemie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not impressed. Was on the search for a bronzer that suited my NC40-42 skintone that did not have any sparkle or shimmer. I decided on this after seeing so many positive beauty blog and YouTube reviews and do not see what the hype is. I have to use A LOT for it to even show up and by that point its given me a very dirty/muddy look not to mention it isn't very blendable to begin with. EXTREMELY powdery - I mean this stuff gets everywhere. Not worth the price and would not repurchase. I would give it zero lippies, however I do like the packaging.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2012 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Ambly123

I thought this might be similar to Benefits Hoola, but no. It is very "dirty" dark and does not blend. The packaging also gets very dirty.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 10:10:00 PM More reviews by ksasi04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this matte bronzer. It's pretty dark, but it blends well and goes on smoothly. I wish it had a snap case, though. I would definitely buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 1:07:00 AM More reviews by stephyrm12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

love this! super pigmented and perfect for contouring! i use this everyday just for that! its nice and matte. beware though because i am fairly light, i use this with a SUPER light hand. this will sploch all over you if youre too heavy, so use a nice fluffy brush if youre light! [:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by dawnzartandlife

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found TheBalm line after hearing rave reviews on MUA. Wow I love this bronzer. I am fair and it is hard finding something that looks natural on me. This bronzer is highly pigmented, I have used it as eyeshadow, as bronzer, bronze my legs, it rocks! Love this!! I think the packaging is vintagey adorable but polarizing (you either love it or hate it) Thin so hardly takes any room in my makeup area, but in a handbag it opens easily and you need to carry the cardboard sleeve to keep it shut. That being said, I would not hesitate to purchase again and again because of the quality of this bronzer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by billiem

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

By far the best product I have found to contour and bronze. I am a very fair skinned person NC 10 15 and I use this everyday with no problem. I use a MAC 109 and all is well, so I truly suggest a good old test run. Only down side is I now dislike NARS.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by cerecita

ill probably repeat what everyones been saying here, cuz its basically true....

- a true brown , no redddish/goldish ish....great for 'contouring'
-100% Matte .....great for contouring
-matches a variety of skintones...blends down great
-packaging is so cute

negative:

EXpensive ... like 26 bucks!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 4:32:00 AM More reviews by ariatobb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best bronzer I've used. I come from tropical country, so I wanted something that was lightweight and didn't melt off my face during the day. It does that, plus I feel fresh the entire day!

I read some comments that said that it's quite pigmented. I have a medium-tan skin tone (It's Type IV in the Fitzpatrick scale, if you wanted something specific), so it doesn't show up too much on my skin but still gives me a nice bronze glow. Even then, I find that the specific brown tone of this bronzer would suit a lot of skin tones. A friend of mine (who is much lighter than me) used this once and found that it suited her really well (just make sure to use a good brush when applying it).

I love this product and get lots of compliments when I wear it! It looks and feels natural on my skin and I never broke out while using it. I have been looking for a while for a bronzer that didn't make me orange and didn't feel heavy on my skin. I will continue to buy this product and you get so much more than you're paying for with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by MitchieCatalano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

It's a really amazing brown based bronzer! amazing for contouring and all over bronzing that looks super natural ^_^

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2012 12:39:00 AM More reviews by purtyladyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product I just bought it last month online and it's the best bronzer I have owned yet. It is the perfect shade of actual brown. All other bronzers I have used were reddish brown , or goldish brown. This one is the PERFECT brown shade that resembles a real tan. It's also 100% matte. There is absolutely no shimmer in it so it's perfect for contouring.
It's so pigmented so you have to use a light hand with it.
At first I was iffy about the packaging because it is cardboard and paper, but I realized how durable it is and I LOVE the magnet part because it never comes apart in my purse or anything. The only thing I don't like is that it costs $19 . But I guess it's alright because it's so pigmented that I don't even need to use that much anyways. It will last me a long time.
Oh well it's my favorite bronzer and I highly recommend it. I don't think it gets much recognition.