July 30, 2014 | 2042 users online

Makeup Brushes - Jane Iredale - Handi Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2008 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Sylvia225

When the aesthetician recommended this brush to go along with the Pure Pressed Base, I thought she was crazy..and thought that any brush would suffice. However, I bought the Handi Brush anyway. I am so glad I did! This brush is incredibly soft and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin, and smoothly buffs on the Pure Pressed Base..perfect! Yes, it is expensive, but I will have this brush for awhile, as it is excellent quality, so in the long run, I think I saved some money. I keep mine in its original plastic case--think it helps the bristles stay intact, and protected from any debris or bacteria.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2008 10:34:00 AM More reviews by TammyJo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is by far my favorite brush and I have a lot of nice brushes. I have brushes from Bobbi Brown, Bare Escentuals, the Ultimate Buffer, the Garden Botanica flat top, etc. This is the brush I reach for and much prefer for my loose mineral foundation application. I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2007 10:54:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

poo :( i wish i bought the alima #25 instead of wasting my hard earned cash on this...this brush is nothing to really brag about...not the best i have ever used.....its soft, not scratchy.....it picks up products ok....but i'll continue to use this until my alima arrives which is far more superior........

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2007 6:08:00 PM More reviews by bofuz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is the perfect brush for applying MMU. It is so soft & seems to pick up just the right amount of powder. At $39 it is not as expensive as others I have tried. Very well worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2007 10:13:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily3040

i have a lot of different brushes but i always come back to this one for my multi-purpose brush. it's great for applying mineral cosmetics and for blending my whole "look" together.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2007 2:40:00 PM More reviews by springchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great quality brush, far far far better than the brushes that accompany the bare minerals sets. Very soft and holds up well with time - I have had this for several months and wash it very frequently and it is still in perfectly soft condition. However, I have not tried high end brushes (like shu emura) so I don't have a wide basis of comparison.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2007 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Kitsune73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the one perfect brush for your face.
I totally agree that it is worth every penny.
The squirrel fur feels really nice.
A little tiny bit shedding so far. (It's been five days since I started to use it.)
I will follow up how it is going.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2007 12:32:00 AM More reviews by djdeaton

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Expensive but worth every penny. I have a teenage daughter you tries to sneak it every now and then! It is the perfect size for all over face use. It doesn't shed much at all and is great at keeping its shape. You get what you pay for in this brush!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2007 1:56:00 PM More reviews by tanassa02

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would give this brush 5 lippies, but have learned that things can go wrong really quickly with brushes (see Japonesque powder brush). So right now i like this brush a lot. Haven't really exerienced any shedding of not. A hair now and then, that's it. The head is just the right diameter to get all the smaller areas, as well as the large. No need for two brushes. I use it for BE minerals currently. Will be trying Alima soon. The handle is on the shorter end, but comfortable. And the head, being flat topped, is great for loose minerals. Haven't tried it on pressed minerals. I'd say it's worth the money, especially if you buy it at skinwest.com for ~$26. Give it a try ladies.

UPDATE: This brush seems only passable at the moment. I've replaced it with the Alima #25 brush, which is AWESOME. So don't get the Handi from JI, try the Alima #25 instead!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2007 3:23:00 PM More reviews by yenbao

This is really the best power brush I have ever purphased. At first I was very skeptical and I already had a BodyShop brush. But the Handi brush really made a difference... especially using it to apply the Jane Iredale Pure Press Powder. They go very well together. Some people say they shred a lot.. but I haven't found this to be a problem. I have been using it for about 3 months and I might have seen 3 hair fallen out. I am not sure if this brush will be as good with other makeups. HOwever, if you are using or will buy Jane Iredale powder, you definitely get this brush too!