October 25, 2014 | 1943 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Luxurious Volume Thickening Mousse

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2008 9:04:00 PM More reviews by CatMc

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am working on my 3rd can of this mousse, and I think it's just about the best one I've ever used. My hair is fine, and needs a little extra boost--this mousse really delivers. Smells nice too. My one little complaint is that it feels a teeny bit sticky, but not enough to bother me. It's a bit more expensive than some other drugstore mousses, but a little goes a long way with this one, so the price evens out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2008 7:14:00 AM More reviews by diana910

This is by far the best mousse i've tried so far. Most of them really dry out your hair and the volume only last for an hour or so and the next day your hair is a mess. This mousse though gave me alot of volume which lastet all day and even looked and felt great the next day. It smells great and it's easy to apply. It's seems alitlle pricey ut it's worth it and i would definatly repurchase it. I tried more expensive products which didn't do anything close to this mousse.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2008 6:57:00 PM More reviews by jax1

Love this product! I put it through my hair without combing it then sleep on my hair and the next morning it looks great! I would deff buy this again. I have also used it before blowing out my hair, but would prefer my hair wavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2008 9:26:00 PM More reviews by EndItNow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am really impressed with this product. I usually use Bumble Bumble thickening spray to get a little boost but I prefer the John Frieda mousse. It is not dry or sticky at all and it gives my hair body that lasts all day. My hair is baby fine and highlighted...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2008 2:29:00 PM More reviews by Product_Junkie

I tried this mousse and I have to say that it is one of the better mousses out there. I liked the texture, it was more on the creamy side and has a pleasant scent. It is also alcohol-free and slightly conditioning, which is a plus. It did not leave my hair crunchy or sticky. However, I found that it did not define my curls the way Clairol condition 3-in 1 moisturizing mousse does (I cannot purchase that anymore:/ , but I have a can left that I ordered from ebay some years ago by sheer luck). JF's Luxurious Volume mousse is, in my experience, better than the curling mousse because it did not leave build-up. It did provide adequate volume though, but I am in search for a close copy of clairol condition 3-in-1, still. Overall, I give this product 4.5 lippies, because to me, this is one of the better JF products that actually does what it claims. I will not repurchase, the search for mousse continues...UPDATE: I will use this mousse for the time being, as it is actually quite good in comparison to other mousses that I've tried thus far. **ANOTHER UPDATE**: After using this mousse more, I have to say that it is really great!! now give this product 5 lippies:) Like other mua reviewers mentioned, this stuff really makes hair soft and provides good volume; not the crunchy, droopy kind. Great stuff! EDIT: I found that this made my strands "fuzzy" after continuous use. I liked Aussie Catch the Wave Mousse better.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2008 10:38:00 PM More reviews by makeitadouble

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a cabinet full of hair products, all purchased in the hope that one of them would miraculously transform my fine, limp hair into a shamoo commercial...I've spent a small fortune over the years on high-end brands yet lately this is the one I keep reaching for. Like the other reviewers said, it's not crunchy, stiff, or sticky, and it really does make my hair look like it has some body, It's a winner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by juliaesands

I always expect mousses to be sticky when I spray them into my hands- so I was so pleasantly surprised that this was silky-satiny-soft and not sticky at all- I squirted out a palmful and raked it through my hair (after having squirted the Root Lifter on first) and blow-dried. My hair felt a little dry at first, but later it began to feel like silk and very soft. The volume is definite- my hair FEELS thicker (I already have thick hair) and looks very luxuriously voluminous- this might just be enough to get me to blow-dry my hair, at least 1x a week!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2008 3:15:00 AM More reviews by Lydia07

I already have really thick hair, but sometimes the weight causes it to go flat which is why I use volumizing products. This is the best voumizing product I have tried by far, (the most recent being sunsilk). It really gives my hair lift, and paired with the matching hairspray their was a huge difference in my hair that lasted throughout the night without any hardness, stiffness or stickiness.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2008 8:47:00 AM More reviews by wscbrown

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This thickening mousse really does make my hair thicker. I am growing out my hair and some days it goes limp especially during humid weather, but this mousse makes me feel like I have somebody else's hair because my hair is never this thick with this much volume. I love the root lifter and the hair spray too. Very comparable to high end beauty shop products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2008 6:42:00 PM More reviews by cocofabulous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favourite volumising mousse, for sure! Gives loads of volume, doesn't leave your hair sticky or crunchy, and really lasts. As an added bonus, if you're in the UK it's regularly on offer in Superdrug - and it's so cheap anyway! Will repurchase time & time again :D