August 28, 2014 | 919 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Luxurious Volume Thickening Mousse

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2008 10:38:00 PM More reviews by makeitadouble

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have a cabinet full of hair products, all purchased in the hope that one of them would miraculously transform my fine, limp hair into a shamoo commercial...I've spent a small fortune over the years on high-end brands yet lately this is the one I keep reaching for. Like the other reviewers said, it's not crunchy, stiff, or sticky, and it really does make my hair look like it has some body, It's a winner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2008 1:52:00 PM More reviews by juliaesands

I always expect mousses to be sticky when I spray them into my hands- so I was so pleasantly surprised that this was silky-satiny-soft and not sticky at all- I squirted out a palmful and raked it through my hair (after having squirted the Root Lifter on first) and blow-dried. My hair felt a little dry at first, but later it began to feel like silk and very soft. The volume is definite- my hair FEELS thicker (I already have thick hair) and looks very luxuriously voluminous- this might just be enough to get me to blow-dry my hair, at least 1x a week!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2008 3:15:00 AM More reviews by Lydia07

I already have really thick hair, but sometimes the weight causes it to go flat which is why I use volumizing products. This is the best voumizing product I have tried by far, (the most recent being sunsilk). It really gives my hair lift, and paired with the matching hairspray their was a huge difference in my hair that lasted throughout the night without any hardness, stiffness or stickiness.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2008 8:47:00 AM More reviews by wscbrown

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This thickening mousse really does make my hair thicker. I am growing out my hair and some days it goes limp especially during humid weather, but this mousse makes me feel like I have somebody else's hair because my hair is never this thick with this much volume. I love the root lifter and the hair spray too. Very comparable to high end beauty shop products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2008 6:42:00 PM More reviews by cocofabulous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favourite volumising mousse, for sure! Gives loads of volume, doesn't leave your hair sticky or crunchy, and really lasts. As an added bonus, if you're in the UK it's regularly on offer in Superdrug - and it's so cheap anyway! Will repurchase time & time again :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2008 11:30:00 PM More reviews by circe1202

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Finally, a non-crunchy mousse that actually gives some volume! It's not quite an HG product for me (yet), but it's darn good. Just about me, I have very fine, straight, chin-length virgin hair that I blow dry most days and then style with a curling iron to "pretend" I have some volume/shape. I've tried other hair mousse products that tout volume, but they either leave my hair feeling stiff like a helmet, or they make my hair feel dry and brittle. This product does neither! The volume that it provides is NOT like a Pantene commercial, but I definitely notice a difference in how my hair looks and feels-- it just seems more voluminous, and doesn't just lay flat against my head. It also seems to bring out a bit more definition in the layers of my haircut, which is something I'm not usually great at doing (I'm missing the female hair styling gene). Also, unlike some products, the volume lasts! My hair still looks pretty decent the next morning, which is super for Saturday mornings if I need to run an errand before showering (I wash my hair daily with my shower). It doesn't leave behind any residue or buildup, either. I got this at Ulta for about $5, which is also a terrific bargain. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2008 12:41:00 AM More reviews by marion10

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A really nice mousse- no crunchiness at all and the volumen held up all day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2008 7:41:00 AM More reviews by 1017

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is definitely one of the better drugstore mousse products. Leaves my hair soft (some crunch depending on how much applied or dried, but that scrunches out) and full. But it doesn't give as much lift in the crown as my Got2be Vol. Volume mousse (which is still the best drugstore mousse I have found). The JF mousse also doesn't do much to help my curls. I think this would be great for roundbrushing or using curlers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2008 4:04:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am happy with this, its not crunchy or heavy...I still think I just might prefer my Captivating Curls mousse from Sunsilk but this is still an awesome product. My hair has a tendency to get sick of products and act up if I don't vary their usage so this will have a spot in my routine! EDIT...I like this mousse best as it hold the curl when I blow dry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2008 4:14:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this based on the good reviews here, and I'm very happy with it! I have a lot of hair products on my bathroom sink, and I reach for this one every morning!
It gives my fine thin hair some fluffiness, and makes it easier to style.
Yes-no crunchiness, it pretty much feels like there's nothing in your hair. Yay!