July 29, 2014 | 2051 users online

Foundations - Sally Hansen - Inspired By Carmindy Natural Beauty Your Skin Makeup ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2010 12:26:00 PM More reviews by makeupchic70

Makeup that doesn't look made-up. Looks really natural on my medium-toned skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2010 11:23:00 AM More reviews by polkadottie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have a hard time finding a pale enough shade in drugstore foundations, but I saw the Carmindy line at my CVS and thought I'd give the lightest shade, Porcelain, a try. So far, it actually looks like I've found a match!

The pros with this foundation are that it feels really nice on, has nice packaging, light to medium coverage, and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

The cons are that it seems little pricey for drugstore foundation ($16.29 for me), has a tendency to magnify any flakiness I might have, and doesn't seem to last more than 4-5 hours. However, given how hard it is to find a good shade in most other foundations, I would probably buy this again.

UPDATE (03/11): I've used this more and more for the color match alone. This has a really nice formulation, and as I've tried more foundations, I keep circling back to this one. This is not quite a HG for me, but it's definitely high on the list.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 9:45:00 AM More reviews by jessicalacey

I went looking for high-rated foundation here on MUA, and was surprised to see a Sally Hansen product rated so well. I went on a hunt to find this, expecting it to be a challenge based on what I'd read, and bam, it was at my local CVS! I was annoyed as other reviewers have been that there were no testers and it was nearly impossible to choose a good shade due to the frosted glass bottle....VERY hard to see what the true color is. I took a stab at Nude Beige and it ended up being a decent match.

I LOVE this foundation! It goes on very nicely and provides a gorgeous, dewy finish. I put a pump on the back of my hand, dab onto my face with fingers, and then blend with a foundation brush. I find that the results are much better when I blend with a brush vs. my fingers. It's not the longest-lasting foundation I've ever used so I do set it with some powder.

I am oily in my t-zone so sometimes, I use a little bit of Carmindy's Air Brush Foundation in light, spray it on the back of my hand, and stipple over my t-zone with a brush. I find that this also helps the staying power of this foundation and takes away from the "glow" factor a little.

In the past year alone, I've tried foundations from MAC, Bare Escentuals, Trish McEvoy, Prescriptives, and Revlon CS and this drugstore foundation is the best by far. My only complaint is that ever since my first lucky break in finding it, I can't track down this foundation in ANY store. Sally Hansen's website says that it's available at select Rite Aid and CVS stores, and I have been to EVERY single one in my area and can't find it again to save my life! I wanted to try a lighter shade--I do like the Nude Beige but find that it's a teeny bit too dark for me--so I took a gamble and ordered the Ecru Beige on CVS.com. I ordered three in the event that I am never able to locate this again in-store, which it's starting to look like.

I'm so glad I saw the great reviews on MUA and gave it a shot. This is the closest to HG I've ever found in a foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2010 8:59:00 AM More reviews by washati

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My olive skin does not like foundation- I have always ended up looking either orange or pasty white. I decided to try this when I saw it at CVS and knew I could return it if the color was off. I found a perfect match in Golden Beige (a good guess as to color). I mix a pump of this with Burt's Bees Carrot Day Creme and apply all over my face for a smooth, flawless look that even matches my neck. Coverage when mixed with the moisturizer is light, so my freckles still show through. FInish lasted all day and was easy to remove with Family Dollar brand cold cream. Purchased a backup so I will never be without this great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2010 12:11:00 PM More reviews by NBtech

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm really liking this foundation. I got this in ecru beige, which was the 2nd lightest shade. I noticed that porcelain, the lightest shade, had pinker undertones and ecru beige had a more yellowy-beige undertone. (For reference I am NC20 in MAC foundation, Stila- light 02 in the one step makeup or 20 watts, Sally hansen airbrush spray makeup-light, revlon colorstay-buff) A word of advice, the color swatches on the sally hansen natural beauty website are horrendous. The porcelain looks darker than the actual shade and the ecru beige looks like there is some sort of gray undertone. So, I recommend trying this foundation before purchasing if possible. Also, since it is housed in a frosted glass, the shades can look distorted. Like other reviewers have mentioned, looking at the bottom of the glass where the sticker is, gives you a better idea of how the color looks. When applying this product, it blended very nicely and did not grab onto the drier patches of skin on my face. A good primer beneath and setting powder is a must because this leaves a dewy look on the skin. I think that this would be a great product for drier skin ladies because it feels very hydrating and not oily; also, the dewy finish is a plus. Even though it does leave a dewy finish, I think people with oily skin will not find any problems with this foundation because it is formulated for all skin types. In addition to being formulated for all skin types, it is also formulated without parabens which is good for people, like myself, that are trying to get away from parabens in my cosmetics.This foundation did not feel heavy on my skin and is very buildable without getting cakey. I'd say this foundation is medium to full coverage. I like that this product came with a pump because it is less messy and one pump is enough for my entire face. This does not have any odor that I can detect and the foundation itself has the consistency of a thick liquid. I have not worn this foundation all day so I cannot say if it will make my skin look more oily throughout the day but I will edit accordingly when I do so. At this point I think this is a pretty fantastic foundation. A+ foundation for me :)
    UPDATE: I wore this foundation for about 6 hours and it held up really well. There was no fading and I did not get oily. I found that the color I picked was all wrong and I'm not loving it as much as I did when I first tried this foundation.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 11:14:00 PM More reviews by JRoxy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. I found it at the Dollarama for $2. I tried several shades. They blend beautifully and provide a medium to heavy coverage. The finish is between a matte and a dewy finish, very natural. It reminds my a little of the Makeup forever HD in terms of coverage and finish.
    It lasts all day, even after blotting. The only downsides that I can think of is that it feels a little heavy (but doesn't look heavy at all), and the color selection is limited.

Pros:
    - Good coverage
    - Natural finish
    - no strong odor
    - blends beautifully (I have tried several shades, and all looked wearble after blending, even shades that were not an exact match)
    - Bottle has a pump
    - lasts all day

Cons:
    - feels a little heavy
    - limited colors
    - hard to find in Canada (Dollarama doesn't carry it regularly)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Ihavequestions

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This foundation looks nice enough on, and I was thrilled when I found that it came in a color that was light enough for me (a real rarity), but every time I have tried to wear it, it has made my face almost uncontrollably itchy, which to me means that I'm allergic something in it. I don't know what I'm allergic to, and I haven't worn it enough for it to cause breakouts, but the fact that it makes my face itchy seems like a very ominous sign to me. Too bad --- with such great reviews for a drugstore foundation, and quite a nice finish and color match I really wanted this to work for me, but alas.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Soulestial

HOLY COW. Holy grail.
    I recently saw reviews on this Sally Hansen foundation but I didn't carefully look into it just because I wasn't really looking for foundation. But, today, while I was looking for cosmetic sponges at my local dollar store.. you'll never guess; I SAW IT! The Sally Hansen Inspired By Carmindy Natural Beauty Foundation.. for TWO dollars !!! I was so surprised (I've noticed dollar stores are starting to carry some neat products ie. John Freida shampoos/conditioners). I was a bit sad at first because they had such dark shades left. I took the lightest shade I could find a.k.a Tawny Beige. I tested it on my wrist, of course. It looked a bit dark but I bought it anyway because I was so flabbergasted (weird word, but seriously!). I came home, washed my face, applied moisturizer, skipped primer, and used a regular foundation brush to apply it. Let me just say, I didn't expect anything from this foundation; I knew it was a bit dark and I was a bit sketchy about it since it was from the dollar store. But I was SO amazed with the first touch of this on my skin. It blended so well and !!! - it even matched my skin tone! As a reference, I used to switch between Revlon Colorstay and Photoready (both were a bit too pink for skin since I'm on the yellowy asian side :P). Funny, I know. Also, I tend to jump from dry to normal to oily skin (I do have some blemishes/scarring on me cheeks D:). IMO, this is good for any skin type. This lightweight foundation is perfect for the upcoming summer. Ahh, I feel like a little girl.. isn't it every girls dream to find her dream foundation for only $2!! Agree? ;) Check out your local dollar stores, ladies! For only $2 or maybe less, what could you possibly lose? LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES!
    MUAHH <3

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by wendirr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I was hoping this would give me a natural, no-makeup kind of look. Unfortunately, it looks very "made-up". I would say it is a medium-to-full coverage. I am very pale with neutral undertones and I normally wear the lightest shade of foundation in any brand. However, the Porcelain was a little too light and made my skin look a little corpse-like. The good thing about this makeup is the pump! I hate makeup that isn't in a squeeze tube or pump. Also, it didn't seem to make my skin any oilier than it normally is.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by reyxxisa

I have been using colorstay for wat seems forever and now I got turned on to this by youtube and omg love the shade I ended up buyin matches me better than colorstay ever did.. and makes my skin look way more natural than colorstay ever did. I jus looked cakey with colorstay..I love this foundation I wanna buy the whole line its very hard for me to find make up that I love since I have oily acne prone skin. I suggest jus giving it a try its completely worth it.