April 16, 2014 | 1932 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Pressed powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2009 4:35:00 PM More reviews by YummyRN

I don't know what it is but I guess there is a miracle ingredient that makes my pore invesible. That is very important to me when it comes to choosing a pressed powder. It gives you nice coverage yet natural finish if you use a thick kabuki type of brush. It's definately a must have for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by dmtowns

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Doesn't set makeup or mattify, and fades just as quickly as any other pressed powder out there. The compact is nice though, heavy duty with a good mirror in it, so for that it gets an extra star.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2009 10:51:00 AM More reviews by purplehair13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a hard time finding powder that really works for me. My skin gets really oily after a few hours, and I hate looking in the mirror and seeing how shiny my face is. I've tried Covergirl and Maybelline powders but they weren't that great. I recently got Revlon Colorstay powder in fair (I have very, very fair skin and this shade fits my skin tone perfectly.) because of it's good reviews. I was very happy with the results. It looks natural and feels lightweight yet has great coverage. My skin feels really soft with it on and I get less shiny during the day! yay! Overall great product, will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2009 11:06:00 AM More reviews by myshel

I bought this pressed powder to use as a setting powder for my foundation. It adds just a hint of color and helps keep me from looking like an oil slick at the end of the day. I do not use the pretty pathetic little pad that comes with the powder. Instead, I use a fluffy powder brush, so that seems to do the trick. My biggest complaint about this product is the packaging. It would be awesome if there was a small mirror in the lid of the compact. I'd also love for the compact to feel more substantial in my hands, but for the price, I can deal with the packaging as it is currently.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2009 8:20:00 AM More reviews by JMAKEUPALLEY

Heavy, cacky and blotchy on me. Opposite of the airbrushed look.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2009 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Ari08

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a nice powder that i can set my revlon colorstay foundation with. It adds a bit of coverage; but not much in my opinion. It keeps my oilies at bay; but not as long as i'd like. With it frequently being BOGO; i'd def repurchase.
EDIT: Unfortunately after using this for awhile, this just doesn't set my foundation as well as I'd like it to.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 5:10:00 PM More reviews by pmbechtle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Reference: NC20, combination n/o, redness issues (cheeks), a few broken capillaries
I picked this up at Walmart on sale for $5.99, not expecting much from it. What I found is a great, versatile setting, blotting, or foundation powder. I have used it for each of these purposes with really decent results. To blot, I apply with a fluffy Kabuki to dust my t-zone and eyelids. No retouching needed for me, so I don't know if it would get cakey. It holds up well, as I'll only need to use it once. As a setting powder, I use the kabuki all over and gently blend, blend, blend. This powder truly makes me look flawless! As a foundation, I use my E.L.F. powder brush to swirl it on in small circles. Coverage is akin to loose mineral foundations, but the finish is more refined on me. Love it! For under $10, I'd say give it try. It could turn out to be your "everything" powder.
Pros: Inexpensive, readily available, colors that match Colorstay liquid foundation, really versatile, long lasting, flawless finish, kind to my sensitive skin
Cons: I don't think this would build well, and might cake. It's on the thicker side, and requires studious blending; I have to carry a kabuki in my purse; women with dark complexions might not find a good match

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2009 4:28:00 PM More reviews by brittbrat118820

I had high hopes for this product because I'm a fan of the foundation. However this powder is so chalky and turns a wierd shade of pink on my skin, even though in the compact it looks a tanish color. It makes my face look and feel very dry. The only things I liked about it are that it does stay all day and does mattify pretty well. I've only used it for a few days so I'm not sure if it would break me out or not but I'm definetly returning it. Also it has a very strage smell to it. The packaging is good because it is slim, not bulky like other compacts. I don't use the sponge it comes with I apply it with a brush, otherwise I would be upset that its too slim to fit a regular sponge in the actual compact. Definetly disappointed with the price too; its one of the more expensive drug store brands.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2009 1:23:00 PM More reviews by xoxomystyle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this powder is super chalky and cakey the color is not suitable for me and has almost no coverage

terrible product! would not buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 8:46:00 AM More reviews by tazzyface

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The only powder I've ever used that doesn't make my skin look flaky or powdery. It also seems to get rid of my blemishes as opposed to cause more (since using this the amount of blemishes I've had has decreased significantly). I use the lightest shade and it's the perfect match for my NC-15 skin. I wouldn't even consider using any other powder!