Revlon ColorStay Pressed powder

3.2

Talc, Dimethicone, Silica, Nylon 12, Polymethylmethacrylate, Zinc Stearate, Perfluorononyl Octyldodecyl Glycol Meadowfoamate, Polyethylene, Trimethysiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lecithin, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (silk soie), Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Alumina, Dimethiconol, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI77019), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Bismuth Oxychloride

on 5/16/2011 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Purchased this product in medium deep and it made my skin look ashy and the color was way off. They didnt have a darker shade, but even if a powder is too light for me in other brands it never makes me look chalky and ashy. Just ridiculous, would not ever repurchase or recommend.

on 5/7/2011 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I am alittle surprised at the bad reviews for this product, mind you my specific Colorstay Pressed Powder comes in much different packaging than that pictured above (they may have reformulated it). Nonetheless, I don't get the cakey look from this that all others are talking about, instead I get a nice fresh, matte look. I use this specifically as a mattifying powder, not for coverage (I get that from my MAC StudioFix Powder Foundation). I use the shade "Light/Medium" and I am a MAC C4. All in all, it is a good powder for "mattifying" purposes, and essentially avoiding to needlessly re-apply your regular foundation. It is a tad pricey for a drugstore powder and is nothing extraordinary, therefore I'm 50/50 on repurchasing, but it is a good powder for what I intended to purchase it for.

on 3/21/2011 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this on a whim because it was buy 1 get 1 50% off. Didn't do any research on it which I normally research everything before buying (love MUA). Not a fan of this powder and I can't really pin point why. It does eliminate shine but I feel like it sits on top of the skin and doesn't really improve the look of my make-up. I was wanting to use this over foundation but it makes things really cakey. Using alone looks horrible. Provides no coverage AT ALL. Powder sits strangely on top of skin. There definitely has to be something better.

on 3/20/2011 4:04:00 AM

This is a good setting powder but since i dont wear liquid i dont like it.Im looking for a powder foundation it claimes to be but isnt at all

I love this powder. It works wonders on me. Im on my third compact.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I got this in medium, and I usually adore Revlon products, but this one was a no. I have fairly combination skin, and this made my skin look so dry.
It does stay on for a long time --I work at a retail store that's always busy and makes me run around and it stayed throughout the night, but that's the only pro to this. Other than that it makes you look dry. It also makes you look cakey. Definitely returning this.

on 3/4/2011 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love the Revlon ColorStay foundation, but I don't like this powder. I find it to be very powdery & it just sits on top of your foundation instead of setting it. It looks very cakey & it doesn't control oil. I do like the packaging though. It's nice & sleek with nice size mirror for touch-ups. Offers very limited color selection & I find it to be overpriced for what it is. You can find better quality setting powders for cheaper price in other drugstore brands, in my opinion.

on 3/4/2011 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I am African American but I don't have very dark skin, so I got it in medium deep. It still looked chalky and pale on me. I don't like wasting products so I use it lightly in combination with a highlighter. I really wanted to like it.Love the foundation though!

on 3/2/2011 3:47:00 PM

Pros: it's got pretty good coverage, it was not super expensive, and it didn't break my face out.

Cons: super finely milled, when using my regular bare essentials heavenly face brush the powder gets EVERYWHERE!!!!! I hit pan within 4 or 5 uses! So I just started using the powder puff it came with and that seems to work better. If you use too much it can look a little cake-y.

would only buy again if on super sale or something lol

on 12/22/2010 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love this powder! I don't use Revlon ColorStay foundation because it's a pain in the butt to remove (although I did like it because it provided a lot of coverage and lasted really long). I bought this powder because it was on sale for $3 and I figured I had nothing to lose. Well I'm really glad I bought it because the color match is perfect and it lasts really long and provides great coverage. I apply it with a big fluffy brush over my Physician's Formula foundation. I'm so happy I finally found a powder that doesn't make my crazy acne-prone sensitive skin break out and something that doesn't oxidize and make me look like an Oompa Loompa throughout the day. I'll keep repurchasing this! <3