October 30, 2014 | 1341 users online

Highlighters - MAC - strobe liquid

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2009 10:29:00 AM More reviews by stephiem

I got this as a sample from MAC and it's ok as a highlighter but I would rather use my MSF for highlighting.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by AFriendOfSnapples

This has got to be my favourite mac product ever, it does everything you want it to do and more. Reading the reviews I was really excited about buying it, and couldnít wait to go to the shop. The only thing that lets it down is the size of the bottle for the price of £20, but I suppose you donít need to use a lot at a time and therefore will last ages. Will defiantly buy again, and recommend it to anyone!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by misscurlylocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I do not rate this it is probably largely because their are so many highlighters out there with staying power and brightening effects that are cheaper and better. I read lots about this ut I am not in agreement with the positive remarks and I think that is because I have tried so many highlighters that have been good and this is not anywhere near as good. It disperses and doesnt have much of an effect. It is barely noticable unlike other highlighters. It doesnt have muh consistency as is virtually invisable when mixed with foundation. I think this is best when skins are naked with no makeup because only then it will sho and it is more a pale glow.
It is not gloopy at all.
It is white with a slight irrediscent glow. It is high price for what it is and I will not buy it again. It sounds great though but it is not quite the strobe lighting I thought it would be.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2009 3:37:00 PM More reviews by missymarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

:-( :-( I wanted to keep this because it's the BEST product to make your skin glow without looking like a las vegas show girl. Mixes wonderfully with my MAC Select Foundation. BUT... It did indeed break me out. Why do they have to add algae extract?!?!!! After a week of using this I started getting big cystic pimples that I haven't had since before going on accutane. So unfortunetly this is going back to the MAC counter. For people who do not have an acne problem would recommend this 100% though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by dmpinto

Just got this product a week ago and I LOVE IT! I'm surprised at other comments regarding the moisturizing action. I think it is a great moisturizer! My skin is SUPER SOFT and feels AMAZING. What's even better is that I have a beautiful glow that uses the light's reflection in a way I cannot describe! Highly recommend this product for any skin type wanting an instant pearly-like glow..that doesn't look shimmery or fake at all! Just beautiful!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 7:44:00 AM More reviews by maggiealex

it's an ok highlighter that provides a dewy skin with a sort of iridescent glow. bad thing is i tried to mix it in with a bunch of various liquid foundations and everytime i was left with a weird looking foundation mess-paste that i could never apply on skin just as if my foundation had expired!. i think this one does not combine with any other liquid stuff...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by ibraille

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOVE this product. And to think I almost didn't buy it! I was looking for a highlighter that would not break me out or make me look all glittery. This is exactly what I was looking for. At first I was a little put off by the fact that it had various oils listed in the ingredients. (Don't be afraid of this! Seriously, just about anything with oil makes me break out, but this didn't!) I tend to get oily and I was afraid it would break me out. But after reading through the reviews and seeing virtually none of this reported from this product, I decided to give it a try. I am so glad I did. As I inch into my 30's I've noticed that my skin is starting to change and it's loosing it's natural "glow". My complexion often looks dull which I am not happy at all about.
I use this two ways:
1) I mix ONE small pump(this stuff goes a long way) in with my moisturizer (Purpose) and smooth it all over my face giving me just a little perk-me-up
2) OR I apply a tiny bit of it alone just along the top of my cheekbones in the Nike swoosh shape and then down the bridge of my nose and in my cupids bow. Love it. It gives a pretty highlight without making me oily or too shimmery.
The only reason I did not give it the full 5 lippies is because although it is sold as a moisturizer, I don't think that's its best purpose. It has no SPF and it does not moisturize well alone. Also, be careful when using alone around the eye area. I found that when I applied it alone (with the intent of brightening the under eye area) that it actually caused my makeup to settle into the little crease under the eye. Not cute. It's fine when mixed with my usual moisturizer, but not alone.
Highly recommend this stuff!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2008 4:57:00 PM More reviews by missdaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

From the reviews on MUA and the MAs at MAC, you would think this Strobe Liquid Lotion is the second coming. One of the MAs even tried to convince me that I can use this lotion instead of a moisturizer Ė well that might be true for a teenager, but not for someone in their early 30s. I bought this anyway, because I like the effect of a liquid highlighter - I absolutely loved Poutís Love Glow Illuminator, but unfortunately, that line was discontinued from Sephora. Anyway, the Strobe lotion itself has a really lovely consistency, not too runny and not too thick Ė just a nice creamy lotion. Unlike most other reviewers, however, I donít apply this lotion to my entire face, I tried that several times and the results were bizarre: my face looked dry and flaky, but also shiny at the same time. Not attractive. Instead, Iíve been using the lotion in just the spots that need highlighting Ė brow bone, inner corner of the eyes, the tops of my cheeks, down the center of the nose and a bit right above the bow of my upper lip. The effect is subtle and quite effective. A tiny bit goes a long way, which makes this lotion very affordable. Not an HG, but a good product for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2008 11:04:00 PM More reviews by swimmingjuxteyes

I love this product, not only does it smell good, but it is an effective moisturizer and even primer to your make up application. The thing that I find amazing about this product is that once you have applied it, it gives you a nice glow from within and on the apples of your cheeks it gives them a subtle pink glow. Almost as if there is pink pearlized pigments in this product that make your cheeks glow. I know there is some substance in both the strobe cream and strobe liquid that gives a pearl glow... however strobe liquid gives more of a pink opal glow to the cheeks. I would re-purchase this product and reccomend it to others because it is so multi purpose. 1. moisturizer 2. primer 3. highlighter 4. blush

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2008 8:17:00 AM More reviews by sh3lby70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

What an amazing product! It is like a "pick-me-up" for my skin! I find putting a little on my cheeks (after mosituriser, before foundation) gives me a healthy glow. After a hard night, to look fresh, I mix a little of this with my foundation and I immediately look healthy and rested (I may not feel it, but you can't have everything!).

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No