Organix Tea Tree Mint Shampoo

3.0

Di Water (Aqua), Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycol Distearate, Dimethicone Copolyol, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamide DEA, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium 11, DMDM Hydantoin, Silk Amino Complex, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Australian Tea Tree Oils, Soy Milk Proteins, Peppermint Oil, Shea Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Fragrance

on 7/16/2010 10:20:00 AM

I've been using this shampoo for about three months...I wanted to love this shampoo, and for a while I did. I liked the fact that it didn't have any sulfates or parabens, which can do a number on your hair, and the smell is wonderful. It honestly smells like the label says, like mint and tee tree oil (which isn't always the case with shampoo's and/or conditioners). It's a great smell for the summer time because it's not overpowering, and always leaves your hair smelling fresh, not purfumed. Also, my hair always feels AMAZINGLY soft after using this and looks like I spent hours carefully putting product in it to make it shine and "behave" wonderfully.
BUT...here are some problems:
1. because it doesn't have the sulfates and parabens it does not lather like normal shampoos - doesn't mean it won't get the job done, but it will take a bit longer to do so. It took me about a week to get used to this, but I knew what I was getting into when I bought the stuff

2. Yes it leaves my hair soft, but the more I use it the more I start to think that instead of removing the excess oils that build up from about 24/48hrs of not washing my hair, it just shifts them down the hair shaft and deeper into the hair bed (I have a lof of hair, so I feels like it just cleans the top layer of the hair, and no so much the inner core, which is where a lot of oils tend to accumulate = not a good look when trying to put your hair up and you notice a greasy mess)

3. While in the shower, it feels like it leaves a slick film on the top of my hair, one that's tough to run my fingers through. Though it goes away as the hair dries, it's disconcerting when standing in the shower and you can't work with your hair...I have to think this is a result of it being more "natural" (though it's really not...) than most shampoo's out there.

Bottom line: It would be a great product for girls/guys with dry hair, or who process/treat their hair - but not so much for girls like me who don't wash/blow-dry/straighten their hair everyday or color it.

So while I hate to give up the amazing scent, I don't think I'll be repurchesing

on 5/22/2010 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the worst shampoo I've ever used!!! I have fine but oily hair, and this shampoo dries it to a crisp. I love the smell, but my hair feels like straw afterwards. I bought this at a two-for-one sale at Rite Aid. But even if they were giving this away for free, I'd never use this shampoo again. This stuff is absolutely horrible!!

on 5/14/2010 2:48:00 PM

This is great if your hair is dry.It doesn't have any sulfates to dry out your hair.Also it's really moisturizing, really good for winter. The only bad thing about is that it can make your hair really knotted up so beware. It smells really nice like a vanilla mint.But is sort of expensive for a drugstore brand around five to seven U.S dollars.

on 4/30/2010 9:04:00 AM

This smells like BPAL's Cathode, with an added hint of sweetness, like vanilla. It's great, and leaves hair very fresh. Slightly drying, though, compared to the Coconut Milk Shampoo. I still like it though.

on 12/8/2009 8:52:00 AM

i love this shampoo. im big on scents for products like shampoo and this one's smell is a pleasant sugary mint scent. its refreshing, nice and thick and hydrating and your hair feels soft afterwards. its not expensive at all and you can find it at any chemist, the packaging is cute and although ive not tried them there are accompanying conditiners and serums with the same scent. my hair is terminally dry and i dont wash my hair that much- but with this i dont have to worry about my hair drying out.
Overall, great product, cheap, yummy- smelling.

Oh i forgot to add my hair's pretty curly and it keeps my curls nice. :)

on 10/13/2009 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I love staying at other people's homes, that way I get to try out what product they are using. After using this for a week, twice a day, I really liked this shampoo, it lathered quickly, cleansed the hair without stripping, and best part is that my hair didnt fall out ( like they usually do). I love the smell of the product. Its so called organic, but I dont think it is:

on 9/3/2009 10:06:00 PM

I have a dry scalp, and I've been looking for shampoos with tea tree oil to help soothe it. I picked this up since it was the easiest to find and the cheapest (wonder why). Ok so the shampoo itself has a weird consitency, kind of gel-like even. It usually doesn't lather well with my first rinse, but it lathers better when i repeat. After rinsing it out, my hair feels so dry i can't run my fingers through it without snagging. It's really disappointing, especially since by the time my hair is dry it doesn't feel as clean as it should. I actually feel like going out and using a sulfate shampoo after this.

on 9/2/2009 11:51:00 PM

I use this on the lower half of my scalp to combat dryness. I have used it all over and it weighed my hair down a lot. It works as a good clarifying shampoo. The smell is ok, i would prefer it to be more minty than vanilla-y. I probably wont buy it again because of the price and i dont love it.

on 8/27/2009 2:16:00 PM

I bought this shampoo because it's SLS-free and my scalp has responded well (no more thick, itchy, scaly patches of skin on my scalp anymore.) I've seen reviewers saying their bottle was runny, but mine was thicker than usual shampoos; somewhat gel-like. For an SLS-free shampoo, it lathers just fine and to me, smells like a soft mint scent mixed with vanilla. Also, I was afraid to try this Tea Tree version because the Paul Mitchell tea tree items made my scalp BURN (and even my back as the products rinsed down) but Organix's version is very light on the tingle and doesn't burn me at all. Most stores I've seen carrying this brand are priced about $6.99 per bottle, but often the stores will offer a buy one, get one free. :)

on 7/7/2009 11:50:00 PM

I should have listened to the reviews! This product is the worst sulfate free shampoo I've ever used! Someone commented on how this made their hair feel like a wig and that is EXACTLY how mine felt-it was so dry it didnt even feel like real hair!

Popular Shampoos