October 25, 2014 | 926 users online

Shampoo - Organix - Tea Tree Mint Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2009 10:06:00 PM More reviews by 101alexis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a dry scalp, and I've been looking for shampoos with tea tree oil to help soothe it. I picked this up since it was the easiest to find and the cheapest (wonder why). Ok so the shampoo itself has a weird consitency, kind of gel-like even. It usually doesn't lather well with my first rinse, but it lathers better when i repeat. After rinsing it out, my hair feels so dry i can't run my fingers through it without snagging. It's really disappointing, especially since by the time my hair is dry it doesn't feel as clean as it should. I actually feel like going out and using a sulfate shampoo after this.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by jubeywho

I use this on the lower half of my scalp to combat dryness. I have used it all over and it weighed my hair down a lot. It works as a good clarifying shampoo. The smell is ok, i would prefer it to be more minty than vanilla-y. I probably wont buy it again because of the price and i dont love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2009 2:16:00 PM More reviews by mrslara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this shampoo because it's SLS-free and my scalp has responded well (no more thick, itchy, scaly patches of skin on my scalp anymore.) I've seen reviewers saying their bottle was runny, but mine was thicker than usual shampoos; somewhat gel-like. For an SLS-free shampoo, it lathers just fine and to me, smells like a soft mint scent mixed with vanilla. Also, I was afraid to try this Tea Tree version because the Paul Mitchell tea tree items made my scalp BURN (and even my back as the products rinsed down) but Organix's version is very light on the tingle and doesn't burn me at all. Most stores I've seen carrying this brand are priced about $6.99 per bottle, but often the stores will offer a buy one, get one free. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2009 11:50:00 PM More reviews by mgates31790

I should have listened to the reviews! This product is the worst sulfate free shampoo I've ever used! Someone commented on how this made their hair feel like a wig and that is EXACTLY how mine felt-it was so dry it didnt even feel like real hair!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by fica_23

Fail! This made my thick hair dry, waxy and heavy. I gave this a fair shot with several washes before tossing, but even the smell was a disappointment. More like chocolate than tea tree or mint.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2009 6:26:00 PM More reviews by Jetaime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

have naturally light blonde wavy hair, with a oily roots and dry ends. My hair is fine but has some volume and quite prone to slipt ends. I do not color my hair. I usually alternate between a volumizing shampoo and daily/clarifying shampoo and follow up with an anti-breakage conditioner.

The Teatree Mint shampoo has a fresh, minty scent and comes in a mint green flip cap bottle of 13 fl oz. I absolutely love the scent and found it lingered long after my initial shampooing. This shampoo tingles your scalp a bit and doesn't lather much (lack of sulfate, this is a good thing). My hair felt quite clean after use and I could definitely tell that product build up had been removed. However, I was disappointed to find how "sticky" this shampoo is. By that I mean it took extra rinsing to remove any residue from my hair. I recommend following up with a deep conditioner (unless your hair is very oily) because the shampoo can by drying.

After drying, I found that my hair looked cleaner, brighter, and bouncier. Since my hair is fine, anything that creates volume ("bounce") gets an extra star in my book. However, the label "hydrating" is misleading. I did not get any extra moisture with this product--hence my use of a heavy conditioner to follow up!

I'll keep using Organix Teatree Mint Shampoo once or twice a week to remove build up. It definitely keeps my hair from being weighted down and just smells amazing.

Price: approx. $6.99

Pros: Amazing minty scent, sulfate free, good price, volumizing, and removes build up
Cons: Drying, doesn't leave up to "hydrating" claim

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2009 6:09:00 PM More reviews by tragicglamour83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

The only reason I've tried this is because my fiance uses it, and being a product junkie I couldnt resist the bright green bottle sitting in our shower! I had run out of shampoo and used this for a few days before I went to the store to get something for myself. In those few days of using this, my hair seemed dry and dull, and less manageable than it had been in awhile. The smell is very strong and sweet, but good- like mint chocolate chip- I did like that part of the product, but I still dont really need my hair to smell like candy every day. This shampoo is probably fine for guys with short hair to use, but for girls like me with long, processed hair, it was a huge disappointment.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by mal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shampoo dried my hair out in a weird way-- right after I shampooed my hair felt stiff, almost like a wig. I usually have soft hair and my hair is thick and pretty hardy, so I usually can use a lot of different shampoos and I'm ok. But this one dried out my hair way too much!

Also, this shampoo made me lose a bunch of hair. Just stay away from this stuff!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by sportyme4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really liked the smell. But it tangled my hair really easy and wasn't too hydrating. I had to use double the conditioner than the shampoo, and even then i still needed to use a leave in conditioner for some moisture.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2008 7:05:00 PM More reviews by b_lizard

I hate this product. I bought it cos I wanted a cheaper tea tree shampoo (I love Paul Mitchell but it's so expensive) and it was 2-for-1 at Walgreens. Big mistake!

It's tea tree and mint but it doesn't tingle (I love tingly shampoo) and it smells like mint chocolate (no thanks). It dries my hair and it makes my scalp flake! BOO! Thankfully I still have Paul Mitchell tea tree conditioner which is useless for hair but good to control scalp health. I massage this into my scalp after shampooing and it helps (I think). I have 2 bottles to go through! grr