L'Occitane 20% Shea Butter Soap

on 10/24/2002 4:00:00 PM

I LOVE THIS SOAP!!! I received it in a swap, and now I won't use anything else. It isn't drying and doesn't leave me itchy (like most bar soaps). I personally use the Milk soap, and the smell is wonderful. Unfortunately, it is a tad spendy (but not too bad), and I don't have a L'Occitane store nearby so I have to order it online, but IMO it is worth every bit. The prices are: $5 USD for 3.5 Ounces, or $8 for 8.8 Ounces.

on 8/26/2002 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love these soaps!! I have very dry skin and I have a hard time finding soaps that don't dry me out worse. These feel rich and creamy and smells great, I find them very moisturing. My favorites scents are Bourban Vanilla and Clementine.

on 8/13/2002 7:02:00 PM

I bought this soap in Fig and am very disappointed. First of all, I can't smell even a touch of fig in my shower while using it. Secondly, it's on the drying side. For its price I think there should be a much bigger payoff.

on 7/2/2002 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this soap!!! It's so moisturizing and luxurious. The price seems a bit steep at first, but since the soaps are tripple milled, they last forever.

on 6/21/2002 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I usually love the Shea line, but I just can't use these soaps... still too drying. But the different scents are lovely!

on 4/2/2002 8:28:00 AM

This soap made my skin soft and I had no reaction to it like I do to many soaps. Very moisturizing.

on 2/8/2002 12:59:00 PM

Since I LOOOOVE the 20% shea butter hand cream.. I had the same high hope with this soap.. but I found this soap drying. How disappointing =(

on 7/15/2001 11:31:00 PM

The scents are quite amazing. I love the lemony one... Verbena perhaps? I also bought Milk and Blackberry. They smell delicious. They are quite smooth on the skin. It's not drying and the scent does remain on your skin. Though it has 20% shea butter, it's still a soap and it cleans really well. The price is my only hesistance on it. I personally like it to spoil myself once in a while.

on 7/9/2001 1:12:00 PM

Generally, I like L'Occitane products. I bought a Shea Butter soap in Fig and it is the worst soap I have ever used. Very bad, cheap smell, nothing to do with figs and it leaves oily film on the skin which is hard to wash down.
Very big disappointment.