Maybelline Define A Lash Waterproof

3.5

Isoleucine , Beeswax - Cera Alba , Carnauba Wax - Cera Carnauba , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Water - Aqua , Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer , Rice Bran Wax - Oryza Sativa Cera , Paraffin , Alcohol Denat , Polyvinyl Laurate , VP/Eicosene Copolymer , Propylene Carbonate , Talc , Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolyme , PEG-30 Glyceryl Stearate , Propylparaben , Methylparaben , Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil , Iron Oxides - CI 77499 - May Contain

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product is called 'Define-A-Lash' and boy does it! However, I personally prefer a thicker, fuller looking lash, rather than defining each single lash. Its rubber applicator with fine tooth's I believe is what makes this mascara different from the rest. So if you like the 'each lash defined look', go for it. It's just not the one for me.

Okay I have the worst lashes ever. Short, stiff and blonde. No mascara ever holds the curl.. except this one! I've tried like dozens of different mascaras but this is possibly the best one so far. The only bad thing is that it's a bit hard to remove and I always lose lashes while removing this (tried the non-waterproof one too but it was bad) so that's why I took one lippie off. But I'm not complaining I'm just happy that I finally found a mascara that holds the curl all day long!

UPDATE (21 March 2012): For some reason, it seems like the formulation has changed. It's much more wet than before. My lashes got really weighed down. I tried other mascaras, but found them lacking. My current solution has been to leave the wand out overnight so that it can dry out a bit. This has been working out really well, though it seems clumpier than before. A toothpick is an easy fix to separate the lashes. Despite these issues, I still really like this mascara. But I am downgrading my rating of 5 lippies to 4.

ORIGINAL REVIEW (2 Oct. 2010)Thank you MUA, again! I'd been using Rimmel's Volume Maxx and was really fine with that till I moved to humid NYC. Every time I went out, my lashes went flat and straight within minutes. I wanted some length and a little volume (I find that too much looks really clumpy and heavy). This was perfect. It holds up the curl in my lashes through the humidity and even some rain. I would still recommend an umbrella with this, because no mascara that washes off so easily is completely water-resistant! I just rub a little Vaseline onto my lashes and wipe off any excess. The rest comes off with my Burt's Bees Acne Solutions Facial Cleanser. I haven't had any issues with black mascara rings on my undereyes and I've only spotted a minuscule flake or two on my face from this and that would be after a good 7 - 8 hours of wear. It elongates my lashes so far past where my eyelid crease is, I couldn't stop staring in amazement in the mirror for at least 15 minutes after I put this on for the first time. Don't expect volume from this, for that you will probably want to layer a volumizing mascara with this. This separates lashes so well that I really haven't had any issues with clumps or spidery lashes sticking together. The wand is just a plastic-y wand with short spikes on it. I haven't had any issues so far with it and I actually like it a lot compared to the conventional bristle wands, because it seems to avoid clumps and separates lashes better. All-in-all an A rating!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Really good mascara if you want long thin tidy lashes

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I love love love this mascara. It makes my lashes full and big with length.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great inexpensive, drugstore mascara. The brush head is medium size, rubber head. Doesn't clump, doesn't smudge and it washes off easily with my MAC cleansing oil. I use this mascara during the day to add some length to the corner of my lashes (Bridge Bardot look). It's nothing dramatic and it does not provide volume. If y ou are looking for a natural lengthening mascara for day, this is a great choice.

This mascara wasn't bad. It was the first time I realized there was such thing as GOOD mascara. On the other hand, I'm discovering such thing as BETTER mascara. This doesn't clump your lashes; the bristles are this rubber material, and they grab onto each lash.

It doesn't smudge, either--even if I take a nap--which is really impressive. But I'd like to try more volumizing mascara, as this was the lengthening one.

Basically, it darkened my lashes and didn't smudge. I'd just like to try others now :)

I like that the brush is thin so it coats my lower lashes really well. Otherwise, the wand is pretty flimsy so it's pretty ineffective for building volume on my upper lashes. Lengthens my lashes really well and the drier formula means that it's not too messy if you're in a rush (which is most mornings for me). Lasts ALL DAY. Would only recommend if you want length and nothing else.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

My favorite drug store mascara I've found so far. It separates my lashes, lengthens them, it's a nice thick black formula so it it even gives them volume, and it holds my curl all day.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

It took me almost a year to like this mascara. My take:

Pros
-Nice length!
-Somewhat defining.
-Holds a curl reasonably well.
-Very waterproof.
-Nice packaging.

Cons
-Clumps.
-Brush is very wiggly.
-Looks kind of unnatural.
-Hard to remove.

This is a hit or miss product.
I might not buy it again immediately, but I would probably end up rebuying.

Popular Mascaras