December 22, 2014 | 1079 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - 6 Piece Brush Set

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2011 2:51:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

Really good value for the amount of brushes... although not as cheap in Australia than in the U.S., it is still better value than a lot of other brushes and they're beautifully soft. My only complaint (and it's not really much of a complaint!) is that the powder brush feels a bit flimsy and doesn't pick up a lot of product, but other than that, the other brushes are lovely and it's so well priced. I'll definitely be buying more from this range.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by worldtraveler05

I found this set for 12.99 and I love it. I'm so glad I didn't spend over $100 just for brushes from the designer brands. They are so soft, yet work so well. They fit very well in my makeup bag (which is fairly small), and I really like that.

Hopefully I don't have to buy another set for a long time, but I will when they get too worn from so much use :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 8:50:00 PM More reviews by helerycelerie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love every one of the Ecotools brushes, and I use them all! I'm a goner for non-cruelty, recycled products, but even I realize how often quality suffers for eco-friendliness. Not in this case! The non-cruelty fur hairs are soft and supple, and they won't fall out even after repeated cleaning.

These are great for people just learning to use brushes, since each brush has a recommended use, and for the most part, they are accurate recommendations. The brushes are a good size for almost anyone, and depending on what I'm doing, I use every single one (although not necessarily for the recommended use).

I own the six piece set, the five piece set, and the eye make-up set, and I love the way each case fits into the larger one. Very convenient, especially since I have to take them around to school plays and often use these on multiple people.

The brushes and the packaging are very attractive and natural looking. I make my makeup as natural as possible, so I love that my brushes match my face!

Bottom line:
These are relatively cheap brushes that are match up to the quality of the most expensive brands! They won't fall apart, they're soft, and they're extremely versatile. Great for beginners. Add in the recycled packaging, non cruelty fur, and bamboo handles, and you've got one of the best nature friendly products available!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2011 3:58:00 AM More reviews by deehippolyte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought these after reading the great reviews on here about them. To be honest I'm not impressed. Maybe i've been spoilt by MAC brushews but this set dont pick up as well as I thought they would:

- Eyeshadow brushes: they are too thick to apply properly on my lids
- Blush brush: okay but i had to dip into my powder twice as often to pick up enough product
-eyeliner brush was the most useful for lining eyes

Wouldn't repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2011 1:11:00 AM More reviews by gandiko

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like Ecotools brushes in general. They're affordable, environmentally responsible, use sustainable products, cruelty free, and they donate part of their profit to sustainability projects.
This was the first set I bought and I still love it.

* Blush Brush
I love it and I use it for my mineral powder too. It's super soft and fluffy and sometimes I just brush it under my jawline even if I'm not actually applying anything just because it feels nice. :P

* Eye Shading Brush
It's soft, although not as soft as the rest of the brushes, but it doesn't poke my eye or scratch at my skin or anything.

* Eyeliner Brush
It's really easy to use and gives you great manoeuvrability and precision which I love because I hate the panda-eyed look. I use it both to line my eyes with gel or eye shadow, or to smudge my pencil liner a bit so it's more soft-looking

* Lash & Brow Groomer
At first I didn't think I was going to use these much, but I use both of them once or so a week when I groom my eyebrows. I think they've made a difference with how much cleaner they look :)

* Concealer Brush
I use this to spot-conceal my dark circles and marks on my skin and it works fine for that. If you like covering all your flaws, especially in tricky places, this might be a bit of a let down.

Highly recommend! They haven't shed on me, they're easy to clean, and the bag they come in is nice. There's really no need for more expensive brushes, these are great quality and environmentally responsible.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 1:09:00 PM More reviews by nicolemcnally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

these are the best brushes ever! they are incledibly soft and make everything look ten times better, buy or regret it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2011 6:40:00 PM More reviews by Clare46

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked my set up at Longs Drugs Ala Moana and I think it is excellent value for money. I paid $11 which I thought was a great price.

I have to say the makeup brush does stipple a bit and I have to smooth these out.

I would definitely buy again as I can't afford the prices for MAC etc.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by JennyBean13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Blush Brush: Perfect size for me and gives great application. I though it picked up the product really well and my blusher went on perfectly.
Eyeshadow Brush: This is my first eyeshadow brush (I suaully just used those spong applicators) so I haven't much to compare it to but I thought it was pretty good. I was able to apply my eyeshadow with no problems and I think my eyeshadow stayed on a bit longer too.
Concealer Brush: Love this. My other store brand concealer brush was useless so I'm glad to have found this. Great for both undereye circles and blemishes.
Eyeliner Brush: I use pencil liner so I used this instead to fill in my eyebrows with my eyebrow shadows. Worked great.
Eyebrow brush: I've wanted one of these for ages so I'm glad this was part of the set. It gives my eyebrows and nice natural look and the eyelash brush made my lashes fan out beautifully.

No complaints, really. The bristles all all brushes are so soft I often had too much make up on because I loved how they felt on my skin. :P

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by alove15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Blush Brush: The brush is great for applyin blush to just the apples or for blending up. It never sheds. It can also moonlight as a powder brush. The pointed tip also makes it a decent highlight applicator.

Eyeshadow Brush: Its a bit flat for an eyeshadow and I find that I can really only use it for my base shadow. However, iit is definitely great quality.

Concealer Brush: I love this brush for blending out under eye concealer. it also works well on blemishes although my studio fix fluid usually covers all my blemishes w/o concealer.

Eyeliner Brush: Great for using eyeshadow as liner or for filling in my eyebrows

Eyebrow/Lash groomer: Not a must have but comes in handy with clumped mascara. The brush is great for setting the eyebrows for a natural look.

This was my first set of brushes and I am still so glad I purchased it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Umm, This was an okay set for me, I dont think they're really fab, but they're decent enough for the price that you pay. The handle I felt were all kinda flimsy except the blush brush. The quality of the bristles are soft:

-Blush bush=Not my fave, it's soft and fluffy and doesnt feel scratchy, but it doesnt do a good job at picking up product. So not my fave. Doesnt blend my blush nicely either.
-Eyeliner brush=Not great, when i tried dipping it into my gel liner it got really stiff and applying was a nightmare! Not great either.
-The lash/brow groomer=is quite excellent, i feel that it blends my brow pencil in beautifully as the bristles were quite firm.
As for the concealer and the eye shading brush, cant really comment cuz i've never found a use for them yet.
Overall, i find that the 5 piece mineral brush set performed way better than this albeit that being short and awkward to use. This isnt my face brush set. If you own other h/e line brushes. Best to skip this one.