Chloe Chloe (EDP)

4.2

This is my new signature scent, when I smell it, it just reminds me of.. well, me! I actually love it so much more when it's directly applied to my skin rather than sprayed on my clothing. I find that when the perfume mixes with my skin chemistry, the cleaner notes (? sorry, not very good at describing perfumes or smells) come out much more than the powdery or sweet notes. When sprayed on my clothes, the dry down smells like powder, but when sprayed on my skin, the dry down smells so much better! The lasting power is pretty amazing for the EDP too. During the day I would think that the smell has faded but later on I'd get a whiff of it or someone would tell me that I smell nice. This is definitely not a perfume for everyone, as it is very floral. Although it's a floral perfume, I find the smell is more complex and sophisticated. It is quite pricey -- $90 for 1.7oz of the EDP from Sephora. I also wouldn't trust purchasing from discount sites as I've heard that people have gotten fakes before. I love this perfume though, especially during the warmer months!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LLLOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEE this scent! It's my HG perfume for the warmer months. Beautiful, light floral yet modern and sexy. Crossing my fingers that this doesnt get discontinued!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I like this perfume because it's a very clean scent & can be appropriate for any occasion. It can come off really strong so 2 sprays are more then enough. I think it lasts about 3-4 hours on my skin. I'm still on the fence about this one.. I don't think its one of those head turning perfumes or anything .. just safe

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Elegant and long lasting, I never get tired of it. The only problem is that everyone else is wearing it....!

This is one of my favorite scents. I get tons of compliments on this.
It stays on all day - it is fresh and floral without being too "old" (if that makes any sense).
I think it nice for both day and night.
My complaints: the silver top on the bottle tarnishes and sometimes the spray can be a bit intense - more of a shot rather than a mist.

Excellent staying power. Always get compliments on this one. A good, strong rose.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have never been much of a floral/rose girl but for this perfume I tried to make an exception! . The scent reminds me of a luxurious expensive strong smelling soap. Problem for me is there is something quite sharp in the fragrance that gives me a headache after a few hours of wearing this. That sharpness stays in the drydown too. I wish this fragrance had a softer drydown. (stella EDP is a softer rose scent) Good thing I got a sample because I just cannot wear this too strong for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a perfume collection of over 50 perfumes and this is my favorite perfume in it! I love this more than flower bomb, chanel, Marc Jacobs or Dior! The smell is amazing! It's flowery but sophisticated! I smelt it in a magazine and had to have it! I think the bottle is pretty too! Overall, this is great quality and smells great to me!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Floral-scented OFF, Windex, or Comet cleanser w/ bleach. 1/2 sharp thin florals + 1/2 sourness & chemicals. Headache-in-a-bottle, and I don't understand its popularity at all. I've tried numerous times, but no can do. Olfactory nails on a chalkboard. It's too strong (EDP). Hour after hour, this shrill screechy fragrance yips its presence and never lets up. Pass me the ibuprofen, please!

Smells lke a young, modern bug-spray version of some sort of a "Tresor In Love Eau Fraiche" type thing (if there was one). Thin, rough, alcohol-ish, scratchy, needle-sharp, litchi-freesia-rose-peony-amber scent -- along the same lines as Tresor In Love, to my nose -- only with more sheerness, lightness, & sharpness.

It amps up the "clean & fresh" factor to the hilt -- too ozonic -- and wayyyy too "fresh-cut" for me. Mostly rosebuds, but ahh yes, I smell the freesia note too -- that dreaded thin, sharp, scratchy freesia note, which I have never liked.

Almost sour or bitter -- scratchy as a kitty's tongue -- a dull throb at my temples. It keeps me feeling aggitated and pestered. Never leaving my consciousness, it just won't calm down and behave -- will NOT round off, will NOT soften, smooth, mellow, or sweeten up. Its abrasiveness persists. (lasting power is outstanding.)

Fresh-cut freesia & rosebuds mixed with OFF. Thin, harsh, abrasive, alcohol-ish, almost cleaning-product astringent. And it dries down to a light, prickly, sandpapery rough finish. It just never stops being *prickly*! -- not to my nose -- and its lack of softness, sweetness, & smoothness bothers me the whole time I wear it. Inevitably I wind up with a headache -- reaching for pain-killers.

The Roses de Chloe flanker is a sweeter friendlier rose scent & I like it *much* better than this original. I loved the 1975 Chloe, and I liked Love, Chloe very much (powdery & now d/c, of course) -- and I like See fairly okay (light & apple-y fresh -- reminds me of Ralph).

But my favorite modern Chloe fragrance is definitely Love Story. Still clean, but it features neroli, gooseberry, orange blossom & jasmine and is a much softer, milder, more comfortable, more innocent, and overall *prettier* scent than this IMHO I might be able to enjoy Chloe EDP from a distance, but not close up or for any length of time.

However, Chloe EDP has been a big commercial hit, is hugely popular, is much loved by many, and I know I'm odd-man-out with my take. I see many reviews containing the words "clean", "classy", "chic", as well as "gorgeous". What am I missing here? I've tried to love Chloe EDP many times, and I'll probably continue to try, in view of its popularity and legions of fans.

It's not that I dislike rose -- I do like other rose scents (Stella & the Very Irresistible line), but I think you have to really enjoy the scent of thin, sharp, freshly-cut flowers to love Chloe EDP.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

In love with it. At first I thought that it's too strong, it only took me four years to be sure, that it's the perfume I want to wear ;)

Popular Fragrances