Physicians Formula Organic Wear Pressed Powder

2.9

INGREDIENT LIST #1: MICA, JOJOBA SEED OIL*, CORN STARCH*, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, KAOLIN, CALCIUM CARBONATE, OLIVE FRUIT OIL*, GLYCERIN, SOYBEAN OIL*, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, CINNAMIC ACID, SODIUM LEVULINATE, TOCOPHEROL, WATER. MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES, TITANIUM DIOXIDE. * CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT (ECOCERT). INGREDIENT LIST #2: MICA, CORN STARCH *, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, KAOLIN, OLIVE FRUIT OIL *, JOJOBA SEED OIL *, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, CINNAMIC ACID, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, GRAPE SEED OIL *, SOYABEAN OIL *, RICE HULL POWDER , BAMBUSA ARUNDINACEA STEM POWDER, MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES. * CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT (ECOCERT)

on 6/8/2008 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I find no fault with this product-- It does not give the most amazing coverage but I don't really need any. I mainly use this to even out skin tone, it sinks into my moisturizer perfectly. The smell is strong. It doesn't linger on your skin, but when you open up the compact it kinda hits you. I love the packaging and the little brush it comes with works really well. Slightly pricey for a DS powder (about $12), but it will last for forever.

on 5/30/2008 1:36:00 PM

I've had really mixed results with Physician's Formula Organic Wear products, but this is one that I've been able to use. I need something to help even out my skin tone and cover a little redness. I used to use a liquid foundation but hated putting it on my skin everyday. Instead, I've been able to apply this with a large powder brush after moisturizing. It acts kind of like a cream powder and covers very well even with a super light application (which is amazing considering the PF organic blush hardly covers at all!) It looks pretty natural and lasts all day. Some people have complained about the strong herbal/lavender scent of PF's organic products. I'm very sensitive to fragrances (some even trigger horrible headaches) and I have to say that I don't really like the smell, but it does gradually fade after application. It's easier to tolerate knowing that it's from natural sources and not a synthetic chemical fragrance. After switching to natural, organic skin care and makeup 5 months ago, I've had ZERO breakouts and much less redness and irritation. Even though PF's organic wear are expensive for drugstore products and have their problems, I'd much rather use this knowing it's better for my skin.

on 5/27/2008 9:22:00 PM

i have fairly light skin with freckles and went with the creamy beige. it was too light. this product looks much darker in the pakage then it really is. The powder was ok, nothing special....very strong smell, but it does go away after a while, still not a fan of the smell. kind of a chalky finish
nice packaging...recyclable, but the top would probably fall off after a while being thrown around in a purse
Overall, not too good, not too bad
I returned the product and bought the tinted moisturizer instead.
i will update a review of that product later

on 5/6/2008 9:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Normally, I'm a huge fan of Physician's Formula, but I hate this new "Organic Wear" line. It's too shiny/shimmery and makes me look like I'm wearing cream foundation (as opposed to having naturally flawless skin), so I won't buy this again. I can't comment on whether the organic line is better for my skin, but I haven't had problems with the other line, so I'll stick with that one. Organic Wear is a definite miss, IMO (and at $13.95 each, very expensive for a drugstore pressed power).

on 4/27/2008 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have this product in Warm Beige. The brush that this powder comes with is only good for touch-ups but when I use it with my own kabuki brush it looks fantastic! It gives great coverage, a natural glow and I have gotten many compliments on it! yay! hehe
I also love it because it hasn't broken me out yet. :D

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This product made my skin look very shimmery/shiny. I don't like my forehead, chin, and nose to look shimmery/shiny so I decided to use it on my cheeks only for a little bit of a glow. I then used Cover Girl pressed powder on the rest of my face (forehead, chin, nose) to get rid of shine. I didn't notice any strange or unpleasant smells from this product.

***UPDATE***: After using this product for a week or so I realized I didn't like it. It begins feeling greasy after awhile and made my pores VERY visible. I will not buy this product again.

on 4/14/2008 3:50:00 PM

I do like the eco-friendly concept. And since I'm a huge fan of PF's Mineral Wear Pressed foundation, I just had to test this out (plus I had a coupon). Other reviewers mentioned disliking the scent so I sniffed it right away. I think what they are noticing is the fragrance FREE"ness" of this product as opposed to an UNscented powder (which BTW still means there is a masking fragrance added). Beyond that, I did not notice ANY odd smell. I bought the next to darkest shade and found it worked well for my NW15 skin. So I agree with others' suggestions-buy darker than what you think you'll need! My first reaction after applying (with my own brush), was that it left a nice airbrushed finish. Very light, smooth and natural looking. 3 hours later, still no breakthrough or oxidation. So, in summary, I'm very happy. But it's a 55 degree day, not midsummer, when powder has to work its hardest for me so I will update as time goes by. A decent powder, but nothing earth shattering. FYI, here are the INGREDIENTS: Mica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Kaolin, Olea Europae (Olive) Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Caprate, Cinnamic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape Seed) Oil, Glycin Soja (Soybean) Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Hull Powder, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Powder, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides ***UPDATE: This has moved to the bottom drawer (graveyard) of my vanity. It's simply not matte enough for me. YMMV.

on 4/9/2008 11:49:00 AM

I only gave this an extra lippie because I do think the coverage is good. However, the packaging sucks...Very awkward and stupid. Plus, you can't throw it into the paper recycling bin with the plastic attached to it, at least not where I live (and the whole point of their cardboard compact is for recycling purposes). Also, this does NOT smell anything like lavendar. It's horrible-sour and rotten. I could smell it on my face all day long. I will never, ever buy this overpriced junk again.

on 4/9/2008 8:22:00 AM

This is a fantastic light-weight powder that can be used as a foundation if you like lighter coverage. I bought this in both Medium and Creamy Natural and I like both. The smell is a little strange at the beginning, but actually grows on you (lavenderish...). No breakouts and I am sensitive to almost everything! For the price, this is a fantastic product free of parabens and synthetic ingredients. Highly recommend both pressed powder and blush!!!!!
UPDATE: Sadly I could not tolerate the smell. Have switched over to Rimmel Cool Mousse foundation which is heavenly!

on 3/24/2008 4:59:00 PM

Well I finally figured out the trick to this powder. For those of you who thought this powder was too shimmery, chalky, and cakey looking...try buying a much darker shade. I have fair skin, I tried the Translucent fair, and the Creamy Natural, and they both made me look shiny and corpse-like. I really wanted to like this pressed powder, so then I bought the "Creamy Beige" one, a much darker shade, and it goes on PERFECTLY. It's smooth, creamy looking, not all splotchy and shiny, and the color actually matches fine. My advice, buy a much darker shade, and apply lightly and the results will be beautiful!