September 30, 2014 | 1701 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 1:24:00 AM More reviews by celodie

I have this product in Warm Beige. The brush that this powder comes with is only good for touch-ups but when I use it with my own kabuki brush it looks fantastic! It gives great coverage, a natural glow and I have gotten many compliments on it! yay! hehe
I also love it because it hasn't broken me out yet. :D

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by sunnyfuusunflower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product made my skin look very shimmery/shiny. I don't like my forehead, chin, and nose to look shimmery/shiny so I decided to use it on my cheeks only for a little bit of a glow. I then used Cover Girl pressed powder on the rest of my face (forehead, chin, nose) to get rid of shine. I didn't notice any strange or unpleasant smells from this product.

***UPDATE***: After using this product for a week or so I realized I didn't like it. It begins feeling greasy after awhile and made my pores VERY visible. I will not buy this product again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2008 3:50:00 PM More reviews by jessijay

I do like the eco-friendly concept. And since I'm a huge fan of PF's Mineral Wear Pressed foundation, I just had to test this out (plus I had a coupon). Other reviewers mentioned disliking the scent so I sniffed it right away. I think what they are noticing is the fragrance FREE"ness" of this product as opposed to an UNscented powder (which BTW still means there is a masking fragrance added). Beyond that, I did not notice ANY odd smell. I bought the next to darkest shade and found it worked well for my NW15 skin. So I agree with others' suggestions-buy darker than what you think you'll need! My first reaction after applying (with my own brush), was that it left a nice airbrushed finish. Very light, smooth and natural looking. 3 hours later, still no breakthrough or oxidation. So, in summary, I'm very happy. But it's a 55 degree day, not midsummer, when powder has to work its hardest for me so I will update as time goes by. A decent powder, but nothing earth shattering. FYI, here are the INGREDIENTS: Mica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Kaolin, Olea Europae (Olive) Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Glyceryl Caprate, Cinnamic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape Seed) Oil, Glycin Soja (Soybean) Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Hull Powder, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Powder, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides ***UPDATE: This has moved to the bottom drawer (graveyard) of my vanity. It's simply not matte enough for me. YMMV.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2008 11:49:00 AM More reviews by jamiemp

I only gave this an extra lippie because I do think the coverage is good. However, the packaging sucks...Very awkward and stupid. Plus, you can't throw it into the paper recycling bin with the plastic attached to it, at least not where I live (and the whole point of their cardboard compact is for recycling purposes). Also, this does NOT smell anything like lavendar. It's horrible-sour and rotten. I could smell it on my face all day long. I will never, ever buy this overpriced junk again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2008 8:22:00 AM More reviews by kjjamm808

This is a fantastic light-weight powder that can be used as a foundation if you like lighter coverage. I bought this in both Medium and Creamy Natural and I like both. The smell is a little strange at the beginning, but actually grows on you (lavenderish...). No breakouts and I am sensitive to almost everything! For the price, this is a fantastic product free of parabens and synthetic ingredients. Highly recommend both pressed powder and blush!!!!!
UPDATE: Sadly I could not tolerate the smell. Have switched over to Rimmel Cool Mousse foundation which is heavenly!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2008 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Goldie_Loks

Well I finally figured out the trick to this powder. For those of you who thought this powder was too shimmery, chalky, and cakey looking...try buying a much darker shade. I have fair skin, I tried the Translucent fair, and the Creamy Natural, and they both made me look shiny and corpse-like. I really wanted to like this pressed powder, so then I bought the "Creamy Beige" one, a much darker shade, and it goes on PERFECTLY. It's smooth, creamy looking, not all splotchy and shiny, and the color actually matches fine. My advice, buy a much darker shade, and apply lightly and the results will be beautiful!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2008 12:58:00 AM More reviews by stacybroc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this pressed powder in beige, which is fine, although a little darker than my natural *winter* complexion. It offers very little coverage, and disappears within a half hour. I've used it with a foundation brush as well as a pressed powder buff. (The brush they give you in the package is pretty much useless). But for some reason when I go to apply my blush on top of it, it looks splotchy. At a closer look, I think my whole face looks splotchy and uneven, and I don't know if it's the moisturizer I have on underneath or this makeup.So I keep applying more to even things out. I was really hoping to take a more "natural" approach to makeup, I'm so tired of everything else I use making me break out. The one thing I do like about this is that is does not settle into every line on my face, no matter how much I slather on. So I may go ahead and purchase the tinted moisturiser to see if that works better underneath, will update.
P.S. It does stink, and usually odors don't bother me, but it goes away after it's been on your face awhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2008 11:49:00 AM More reviews by orchid27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this pressed powder in Warm Beige and it is the perfect match for my dark olive complexion. The last reviewer completely trashed this powder but its great. First the powder doesn't stink it has a light lavender smell that is hardly noticeable. I have noticed that a lot of people don't like natural scents in the US they think they stink like trash or BO because they are so use to fake rotten fruit smells.......lol........ My husband hates the smell of natural lavender, rose, neroli, violet and jasmine; but the minute it becomes a sacrine sweet synthetic of the same scent he loves it along with fake fruit scents...ick. Also powders will only look like dirt on your skin if you get the wrong color for complexion. And, this goes for all powders. I have this in Warm Beige and it is perfect for me. It makes my skin look dewy and clean. It also feels good on, like you are wearing nothing at all. And, it hasn't made me break out at all which is a plus. I have been wearing this for two weeks and no break outs or irretation. In fact since I have been using this I think that my skin has gotten better.

The only downside I see to this powder is that it doesn't controle shine very well. I have oily skin and I must blot and reaply this lightly every two hours. This is normal for me however. On the plus side this powder doesn't cake at all and looks au natural. I highly recommend this powder.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2008 8:11:00 PM More reviews by FedoraJane

I keep buying products from this line, drawn like a moth to a flame by the interesting packaging. But I always end returning it. I own this in Fair.

The packaging for this is a compact made from recycled paper products - think dense cardboard or paper-mache. Because it is made of paper, the compact is kept shut by magnets instead of the traditional "snap" system. Other than that, it is your standard duel-compartment compact - with the top compact containing the product pan and underside flipping open to reveal a brush compartment/mirror.

And while the packaging is innovative and neat, the product contained within is wholly substandard. There are two colors in the pan - a lighter base shade and deeper shade sectioned into leaf designs.

The base shade was chalky and sat on my face like a layer of damp flower - not flattering. The darker "leaf" sections is just bizarre - it doesn't compliment or blend with the base shade, and it can't used separately as a bronzer or sculptor - it's a muddy, matte brown that appears to have no purpose other than to make my powder puff look filthy.

This time, I happened to receive this in a swap, so it's destination trash can for this... or maybe I'll let it chill in my traincase due to its pretty packaging.