Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

4.8

Nylon 60% Polyester 40%

on 11/26/2013 11:53:00 PM

I'm currently in my mid to late 30s (37 years old) and have been using this towel since I was at least 15. It is the best wash cloth for your body-EVER! Some people find it too rough, but I like the texture. (I think they make. It in different textures too!) When I use it, I feel like my body is actually clean! I love that it dries extremely quickly, so you don't have a mildew-like smell when you use it the next day. You should definitely try it!

on 11/18/2013 5:08:00 PM

I absolutely love these bath towels. They do such a great job of lathering up and exfoliating your skin. They also make it easy to get at hard to reach areas like the middle of your back. They feel much more hygienic than a loofah, give them a shot!

on 11/3/2013 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Decent product.

I do like apply soap with this.

It exfoliates nicely but it isn't face worthy.

Price is reasonable and it eliminates the need to purchase a body scrub.

It does a good job but I think I like the shower puff better

on 9/25/2013 1:37:00 PM

Great for your everyday shower! Very inexpensive too!

on 9/14/2013 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I've been using these for about 15 years now. Discovered them in an Asian supermarket and fell in love. I have seriously dry skin and go for Korean exfoliation scrubs about every other month. These help in between to keep the flaking to a minimum. Make sure to hang to dry after use so they don't stay damp.

on 8/22/2013 9:41:00 AM

This was a great find, thanks MUA! I normally use exfoliating gloves but I wanted something that I could use to reach my back. This towel is a little on the scratchy side but still works really well. Apparently Salux also make a silk version which I am interested in buying, hoping that it would be softer, but can't find any at the moment. I would absolutely buy more of these and I would recommend trying these if your skin isn't too sensitive to a scratchy towel.

on 7/26/2013 9:15:00 AM

Sorry, but this towel is not good. It is too harsh. Harsh scrubbing led to inflammation, and the inflammation led to a bad case of keratosis pilaris (KP, a condition that affects people with dry skin). I had never had it before using this towel on my body, and I still have scars on my arm from a serious breakout. Sometimes things that seem too good to be true actually are. Now I gently exfoliate with a sugar scrub twice a week and use a body wash with glycolic acid and a body moisturizer with lactic acid. I haven't experienced any new breakouts since throwing away the salux and starting my new routine.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I ordered a Salux Japanese Towel online purely on the reviews listed here on MUA. Wow, I totally understand all the love. It is fabulous and I am so very glad I use this now. My skin thanks you 10X over. It is a bit scratchy to start off, it is an exfoliating towel after all. But you quickly get over that and now I am obsessed. Using this awesome towel makes my skin super soft, softer than it has ever been. I love the design of it and it makes it so easy to use this in the shower on your back and feet. I also have keratosis pilaris on my upper arms and this towel has completely removed all of it after using for a month or so! I adore this and give it my wholehearted 100% guarantee that you will love it. (I found online and ordered off amazon)

(WARNING: A little background on my skin, it's a little gross so proceed with caution haha! Skip to the second paragraph if you'd like): I've had excessively dry, sensitive, and eczema-prone skin my entire life. I also have disgusting looking dark bumps on the back of my arms and all over my legs. It's a condition called keratosis pilaris, otherwise known as "chicken skin". The skin on my left elbow is very dark and leathery looking as well.

I've been using a bath pouf with Dove body wash for years but my skin still felt relatively dry and the bumps had not lightened or disappeared. In an effort to finally get rid of them, I did some research online and discovered one possible solution: using the Salux bath towel. Then I saw the extremely high ratings here on MakeupAlley and immediately placed an order on Salux's website.

And I'm so glad I did! It's affordable at under $6. (I highly recommend buying from the official website rather than Amazon if you cannot find this locally, because you are guaranteed to get the real thing instead of a possible fake! Plus, shipping is free and super fast too!) The towel is fairly big, you can easily use this on your back. It exfoliates gently but effectively, my skin is super soft after showering even without lotion! It's absolutely amazing! And this helps save body wash too because you need just a small amount to create a thick lather.

I've been using it for a few weeks now and the bumps on my arms have lightened *slightly* and the dark leathery skin on my left elbow is beginning to smooth out and lighten as well. I will update this review within the next few months to let everyone know if this indeed helps get rid of keratosis pilaris (KP) over time.

Regardless, I highly recommend this!

UPDATE 3/29/14: My KP is extremely stubborn so I was not expecting any miracles from ANY product, but I'm happy to report that the back of my right arm has improved by 80%! My left elbow's leathery skin has almost disappeared, and the back of my left arm is 60% better. My shoulders, thighs, and legs still have those pesky red dots but they are less bumpy and not as prominent as they were before. Using the Salux bath towel, combined with Soap and Glory's scrubs, body washes, and lotions have made a huge difference for my skin overall! I'm sure with continued use and some patience my KP will lessen!

on 7/21/2013 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have bought a few of these over the last couple years and I will never be without! I love to scrub my back and really exfoliate everything so easily. LOVE!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools