October 22, 2014 | 1072 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 3:50:00 AM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this at an Asian market nearby (Mitsuwa in SD). I believe Ive seen something similar at swap meet but were most likely not the real deal. This product looks like an unraveled loofah but the material is rougher. I have very tolerable skin so I wouldn't recommend this for those with sensitive skin.
It lathers real well and great part is that is that it cleans and dries easily. I feel really clean after using this and I do feel exfoliated. Prior to this product I used a loofah for the reachable areas and a brush with a long handle to get my back and those two are long gone. One product for the whole body!
Nylon Bath Towel>>Loofah
<$4.00 at the Asian Store

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Strongly recommend this product! I bought mine on ebay for a bargain price and am so glad I did.
You can use it with soap or body wash gel or even an exfoliant. My skin feels so incredibly clean and smooth afterwards. Have definately had less ingrown hairs since using this.
I've even used it very gently on my face while travelling when I didn't have exfoliant with me.
I put mine through the washing machine every now and then and I always make sure it dries between uses. Do this and it should last forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by almost

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this for exfoliating my legs before shaving. Less shaving, less itchy legs. What a lifesaver. I love that I can wash it in the washing machine, too. Forget loofahs, this is the money!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by lovelyKk

Aaaaaaaammaaazzziiing!!!

Love this cloth, have always used a loofah from the drug store, but after getting this as a gift I will never be using anything else! This cloth is long enough to get all of your back which is great. It feels amazing, when you put lotion on after a shower you can really feel the difference. I use way less body wash then I used to because this suds up a lot. I scrunch mine up into a ball when using it. Make sure to rinse and hang long and flat. Also, it is best to purchase directly from the company so you know you are getting the real product, have gotten a few obvious fakes from amazon. Would recommend to everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by BrownSista

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I read of this first on Amazon but purchased from saluxshop.com to keep from getting a fake version posters said they were receiving.

Like many of you, I fell in love instantly. I knew I would never use anything else the moment it touched my body. I bought my 16-year old daughter one this week and she is in love as well.

I use it all over, face included, but I do not scrub or apply any pressure at all... You don't need to.

And yes, with repeated use your skin does start to feel amazingly soft. The skin on my face is incredibly soft (avoid using on the delicate are under the eye) and those annoying bumps on my elbows are now smooth.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by FrancescaMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Cheap and VERY good for exfoliation. I like that it is washing machine safe. Bought two and rotate them. Whilst I would recommend, I am sure there are alternatives out there, that you do not have to import all the way from Japan. e.g. a harsh shower loofah or rough flannel.

Definitely good for in-growing hairs, & dry skin exfoliation & as a cellulite scrubber.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by DarkAngel820

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just received my Salux clothes in the mail Saturday and I LOVE THEM!!! They are 100x's better than loofahs and gloves. My skin has been plump and soft since Saturday. I don't think I will ever go back to gloves ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Winterwise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using these for at least fifteen years. It's funny but sometimes I'll get bored of my bath and shower routine, and I'll buy some other method of exfoliation- loofah-like gloves, traditional back scrub brushes, those nylon poufs that unravel too quickly, sea sponges, tubs of gritty goop from Lush or wherever. Eventually I get impatient with the results- either they don't actually exfoliate well enough, or they just don't dry out quickly enough to stay sanitary, or they just fall apart, and I come back to the good old Salux bath towel, because even though a brand new one is so gritty that it makes me feel like I'm flaying myself alive, nothing else exfoliates quite like it. After a shower with one of these, lotions just melt in to my skin.

They're cheap at my local Uwajimaya, they dry quickly after use, and can be tossed into the washing machine. There's really no comparison, so just buy one. If you don't like it, you can find other household uses for it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by letty114

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another great find thanks to MUA. I used to exfoliate in the shower using body brushes or rough sponges (e.g. body shop), but they used to take ages to dry so I always felt they were slightly unhygienic. This one dries very quickly and after doing a great job.
Lathers up wonderfully, long enough to use as a back scrub, and gives just the right amount of scrubbing.

Would not recommend using this Bath Towel on the face, neck or décolleté area because it is too harsh. I use it up to right under the breast, but once got carried away and swept it across the décolleté and came out in an angry red rash.
Other than that, perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Ohviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love how this towel can make my soaps and body washes last so much longer because you need so much less to get a good lather. Like others have said, it dries up quickly so I worry less about germs. It feels kind of like a loofah but is long and rectangular like a towel. It's great for reaching your back and gives a good exfoliation. Mine is starting to lather a little less but it's been around 6 months so that's still a pretty good run. I use it with Philosophy's Purity bar soap and then moisterize with whipped coconut oil and Shea butter. I'm a soft skinned lady! Reordering another Salux now!