September 23, 2014 | 1810 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - bamboo eye shading brush

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2009 5:21:00 PM More reviews by mirandaugh

Really soft and a great price. Not the best brush I've ever used but certainly not the worst. A bit big for the lid areas. Works good for applying highlight under the brow bone though. Decent for packing on shadows.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 9:53:00 AM More reviews by solyacska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The good:

Ecotools brushes are cruelty free and that makes me feel a little less guilty.
The handle is thick and long enough to provide very good control over application.
The tip of the brush is quite tapered and thin so it's very good for getting into the crease or applying colour to the lower lashline.
Synthetic hair is easy to wash and reshape.

The bad:

As many reviewers mentioned, this is quite rubbish as a flat shader brush. The synthetic hairs are too hard and springy for shading the eye area and it's especially bad at packing on colour. When I try to pack on eyeshadow with it I get a weird splotchy and uneven result and not enough colour intensity.

This would make an excellent concealer brush because of the synthetic hair and tapered tip. It's also pretty good for applying highlights to the browbone and to the inner corners of the eye. I tried applying my Fludiline with the tip o the brush as well and got a very nice soft line.

Overall if you're looking for a flat eye shader brush, don't buy this one. Go for a brush with a less tapered tip and natural hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2009 10:39:00 PM More reviews by canadiancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love Ecotools brushes, they really are great. I can't say enough good things about them. And this brush is no different. It is super-soft, never sheds, affordable and works well too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Purely brush-wise, this is fine: the barrel is sturdy, the bamboo is eco-friendly, it doesn't shed. However, this is not my favorite eyeshadow brush. It's not flat enough to pack on color the way my Posh shadow brush does. It's not full enough to deposit a wash of color, which is what I use my Ecotools concealer brush to do. Finally, it doesn't really fit in my crease (the Studio Tools contour brush is phenomenal for this!!!!). Sooo.... it kind of chillaxes in my makeup drawer, waiting for my Posh brush to get dirty on a busy day. It's not a terrible brush. No EcoTools brush is terrible. It's just not the best.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by moonguide2

I love my EcoTools brushes except for this one. Unfortunately, I can't get much use for it, it doesn't really work with powder eye shadow or cream base products. I wouldn't recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2009 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Indrawn

I got this in the 5 piece brush set, it's such a bargain as the price of the individual brushes added together cost much more! The set is $28 AUD while the eye shading brush is $6.

I love how Ecotools only uses materials that are environmentally friendly and how they donate 1% of all sales to environmental organisations!

The brushes themselves are VERY high quality (much better than the crappy Manicure and Beauty Essentials for the same price).

The eyeshadow brush is great! Soft but sturdy enough to apply and blend eyeshadow. I admit I'm an eyeshadow nub and don't know how to use the brush, but this works well enough for me.

- - -
PRICE [2] $6 AUD | PACKAGING [5] | REPURCHASE [yes]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 1:49:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush works best for applying all over color to your lid, and blending your crease. It's not a great brush, but it holds up well and doesn't shed.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2009 2:43:00 AM More reviews by HugAmango

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Reinforcing the other comments, the brush is not ideal for shadows. It barely deposits any of the little shadow it does pick-up. However, I find that it is fine for cream shadows.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2009 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Nell405

Considering the amazing quality of other Ecotools brushes, I was pretty disappointed with this one. It doesn't pick up shadow all that well and I never use it. It probably would be better for concealer, but it's a little too big for that. For me it is, anyway. I highly recommend Ecotools, but not this brush.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by xloveee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to buy this brush since I needed another flat shader brush, I didn't really like it though. The brush is packed way too densely like a concealer brush. I feel like it sucks up most of the powdered shadows. But as others mentioned this would be great for cream shadows and concealers so I'll try this for that instead.