November 23, 2014 | 1762 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by Srovenia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay so i got the 002, instead of 001 and its clear and instead of saying "foundation primer" it just says "primer". I like this product and its really nice on the skin, but i'm not sure if its making me brake out or if something else is..it can feel a little oily, but its not that bad. And it holds up foundation well! I don't know, i might have to use this a little more to see if its really braking me out or if its something else i'm using. I love the fact its so lightweight and clear!!:) I just sort of wish it had a pump like Mac Prep+Prime, but that doesn't make it a bad product! I would defiantly reccomend trying it out since its so cheap!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2012 12:18:00 AM More reviews by Lulu1025

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is ok for helping foundation blend easier. I'm not sure if it actually made my foundation last any longer than usual. It did not minimize my pores which is why I bought this primer. I will stick to smashbox photo finish light. It smooths lines and minimizes pores a lot better than this. The smell is a little to much also. This is really cheap so that's a good thing. Oh and I got the 001.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Amie1990

Really like this primer, makes my skin smooth and make up look better and last longer. really cheap too!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Karowin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the first primers I've bought (In 001 by the way) for overall face coverage, and I could live without it. I usually end up squeezing too much out of the tube, and while it moisturises and slightly shrinks my pores (Which aren't too bad to begin with), I don't think it makes any different with how long my foundation lasts. I will probably use it all until it's gone, but I will most likely not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2012 1:28:00 PM More reviews by micky887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in 002 overall I think it is a good primer but the one of the best I have tried I have really oily skin and it doesn't make my skin matte as it claims however it does make my skin super soft and covers my pores well makes my makeup glide on beautifully I just wish it was more matte

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by coffeecups

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff...I returned a more expensive primer to Sephora because I felt it just wasn't worth 60 bucks, and picked this one up at the drugstore. It does everything a primer is supposed to do, and does not leave my skin feeling oily, nor does it make me break out. I love the way it preps my skin for foundation, and it really does increase wear-time of my makeup. I will absolutely be buying again.

Also, I see lots of people complaining about the "peach" color...the one I have is marked "002" and it is white / translucent.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Mischievous1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Not impressed with this one at all and usually Rimmel impresses me. I bought the white coloured one and liked the way it felt on my hand. I used it for a few days and noticed that it did nothing but make my face feel slick. It felt more like I was putting some scented hand cream on my face. It made my skin greasier during the hot weather. All of the claims on the packaging were not true. It didn't mattify, blur lines, or make my pores smaller. Plus I very very rarely get breakouts and this made my face breakout! . Definetly not a summertime primer but it make work in the cooler months. I won't be using it again and will throw it in the trash

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by ahuang300

This product felt more like a facial moisturizer than an actual foundation primer. I don't think it did what it claimed to do in terms of making my foundation apply better or stay longer. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by mrskatecat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have this primer in apricot (but doesnt change my skin tone). I like it cause it gives a moisturized feeling, help me have a fresh, healthy look. However, your face can get oily on hot days (even powder cant fix the problem). So I think this primer will work better in winter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Rimmel's Fix&Perfect Foundation Primer is one of the most affordable all over face primers available. This primer gives you two "shade" options, apricot and clear. I accidentally bought Apricot, I meant to get the clear one. Rimmel claims that this primer smooths skin, minimizes pores, and prolongs the wear of your foundation, all of which a good primer should do. They're also pretty simple claims, which is always nice. I purchased my 1fl oz (30ml) tube at Ulta for $6.59, which I kick myself over because I had a $2 coupon that I forgot to use. Unfortunately Rimmel products are tested on animals. This product was made in England.
Fix&Perfect comes in a white squeeze tube with a purple screw on cap. All lettering on the tube is purple as well. The name, claims, some company info, and a full ingredient list are all included on the tube. I wish this tube came with a different sort of dispenser. The little hole at the end of the tube makes it too easy to squeeze out too much primer. I hate wasting product so much, and I think Rimmel could correct that issue by giving the tube a more needle-nose like dispenser. Packaging isn't bad, it certainly gets the job done, but it could also be improved upon, at least in my opinion.
Fix&Perfect is a thin, peachy liquid that has a dry texture to it. As you rub it in, it gets drier, and the orangey peach tint fades into more of a flesh tone. Though some people may say otherwise, I don't think that this primer tints my very fair skin at all. What it does do is dry down instantly to a very smooth, soft finish, masking some of my plentiful pinkness. Though my skin feels softer to the touch when I wear this primer, it also feels a little bit dry to me. I have normal to combo skin and I'd say this product makes my skin a flat out normal type. It absorbs the oil that collects in the corners of my nose and the like, giving me a very even complexion. I wouldn't recommend Fix&Perfect for those on the drier end of the skin spectrum because of it's oil absorption. So this primer definitely gives me a more even complexion, but does it minimize pores? If you take the word minimize literally, yes. I have noticeable, but not large pores on my nose and cheeks and this primer does make them look smaller and more filled in, but they're still a little bit visible. Minimized, but not "erased", like some primers may claim.
I don't have foundation wear issues, like ever. Because of that I honestly can't judge this primer on how well it makes foundation stick. I can comment on how this primer affects the application of foundation though. To me seems like my foundations apply more sheerly over this primer, particularly Maybelline's FitMe Foundation. Maybe it just seems that way because I feel like I need to use less foundation over Fix&Perfect? That's a bonus. Honestly though, I can't say that Rimmel's primer affects the wear time of my foundations (currently using FitMe and BYS' Age Defying). I do think that this primer makes my foundations apply more smoothly, and have a more flawless finish. I don't typically suffer from caking, but this product seems to help me avoid it even more, so I guess in a way, it does improve foundation wear for me, at least slightly.
The formula of Rimmel's Fix&Perfect concerns me a little. While I don't really buy into the anti-paraben hyper, I know some do so I feel like I should mention that this primer is laden with parabens. Five kinds of parabens at least. That's a lot. I should also mention that this primer has several kinds of dimethicone for those that are sensitive to it. This primer doesn't seem to be chock full of silicone though, which is good for those who have more sensitive skin. As always, the full ingredient list will be at the end of my review, I just felt like these were important enough to discuss more thoroughly.
I hope I covered everything, forgive me if I didn't, this is my first face primer, and subsequently my first face primer review. I like Rimmel's Fix&Perfect primer. It delivers on it's claims, helps my skin look nice and even and soft to the touch. I'd like to try the clear version, but not for a while. I want to try Hard Candy and Prestige's face primers first. I honestly feel like I don't NEED a primer, at least not all over my face. I think this will be the kind of product I only use on my nosie, and only when I feel like I really need it. Fix&Perfect is an overall good product that performs well. I do recommend it, especially if you've never tried a primer, if you're on a budget, or both. You may not want to use this if you have dry skin, but otherwise it should suit you. The only downsides I can see for this product is the paraben fill ingredient list, and maybe the tube. Good stuff Rimmel, your face products never disappoint me.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No