July 31, 2014 | 2029 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by ahuang300

This product felt more like a facial moisturizer than an actual foundation primer. I don't think it did what it claimed to do in terms of making my foundation apply better or stay longer. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by mrskatecat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have this primer in apricot (but doesnt change my skin tone). I like it cause it gives a moisturized feeling, help me have a fresh, healthy look. However, your face can get oily on hot days (even powder cant fix the problem). So I think this primer will work better in winter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2012 9:15:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Rimmel's Fix&Perfect Foundation Primer is one of the most affordable all over face primers available. This primer gives you two "shade" options, apricot and clear. I accidentally bought Apricot, I meant to get the clear one. Rimmel claims that this primer smooths skin, minimizes pores, and prolongs the wear of your foundation, all of which a good primer should do. They're also pretty simple claims, which is always nice. I purchased my 1fl oz (30ml) tube at Ulta for $6.59, which I kick myself over because I had a $2 coupon that I forgot to use. Unfortunately Rimmel products are tested on animals. This product was made in England.
Fix&Perfect comes in a white squeeze tube with a purple screw on cap. All lettering on the tube is purple as well. The name, claims, some company info, and a full ingredient list are all included on the tube. I wish this tube came with a different sort of dispenser. The little hole at the end of the tube makes it too easy to squeeze out too much primer. I hate wasting product so much, and I think Rimmel could correct that issue by giving the tube a more needle-nose like dispenser. Packaging isn't bad, it certainly gets the job done, but it could also be improved upon, at least in my opinion.
Fix&Perfect is a thin, peachy liquid that has a dry texture to it. As you rub it in, it gets drier, and the orangey peach tint fades into more of a flesh tone. Though some people may say otherwise, I don't think that this primer tints my very fair skin at all. What it does do is dry down instantly to a very smooth, soft finish, masking some of my plentiful pinkness. Though my skin feels softer to the touch when I wear this primer, it also feels a little bit dry to me. I have normal to combo skin and I'd say this product makes my skin a flat out normal type. It absorbs the oil that collects in the corners of my nose and the like, giving me a very even complexion. I wouldn't recommend Fix&Perfect for those on the drier end of the skin spectrum because of it's oil absorption. So this primer definitely gives me a more even complexion, but does it minimize pores? If you take the word minimize literally, yes. I have noticeable, but not large pores on my nose and cheeks and this primer does make them look smaller and more filled in, but they're still a little bit visible. Minimized, but not "erased", like some primers may claim.
I don't have foundation wear issues, like ever. Because of that I honestly can't judge this primer on how well it makes foundation stick. I can comment on how this primer affects the application of foundation though. To me seems like my foundations apply more sheerly over this primer, particularly Maybelline's FitMe Foundation. Maybe it just seems that way because I feel like I need to use less foundation over Fix&Perfect? That's a bonus. Honestly though, I can't say that Rimmel's primer affects the wear time of my foundations (currently using FitMe and BYS' Age Defying). I do think that this primer makes my foundations apply more smoothly, and have a more flawless finish. I don't typically suffer from caking, but this product seems to help me avoid it even more, so I guess in a way, it does improve foundation wear for me, at least slightly.
The formula of Rimmel's Fix&Perfect concerns me a little. While I don't really buy into the anti-paraben hyper, I know some do so I feel like I should mention that this primer is laden with parabens. Five kinds of parabens at least. That's a lot. I should also mention that this primer has several kinds of dimethicone for those that are sensitive to it. This primer doesn't seem to be chock full of silicone though, which is good for those who have more sensitive skin. As always, the full ingredient list will be at the end of my review, I just felt like these were important enough to discuss more thoroughly.
I hope I covered everything, forgive me if I didn't, this is my first face primer, and subsequently my first face primer review. I like Rimmel's Fix&Perfect primer. It delivers on it's claims, helps my skin look nice and even and soft to the touch. I'd like to try the clear version, but not for a while. I want to try Hard Candy and Prestige's face primers first. I honestly feel like I don't NEED a primer, at least not all over my face. I think this will be the kind of product I only use on my nosie, and only when I feel like I really need it. Fix&Perfect is an overall good product that performs well. I do recommend it, especially if you've never tried a primer, if you're on a budget, or both. You may not want to use this if you have dry skin, but otherwise it should suit you. The only downsides I can see for this product is the paraben fill ingredient list, and maybe the tube. Good stuff Rimmel, your face products never disappoint me.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2012 11:36:00 PM More reviews by macadelic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! My pores are completely gone! Though it does feel a little oily putting it out, but nothing powder can't fix. I wouldn't recommend if you have extremely oily skin though.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/21/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by d0rkable

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

worst primer ever ):

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by seaswan

The shade of this primer is Peach not orange. When I applied the scented primer and blended I didn't experience any off color to my face. It wasn't translucent, but gave a subtle peach tone.
The real problem I have with Rimmel F & P is that it does not leave my skin with a smooth enough finish, whether bare or after foundation. In fact it feels a bit powdery on my combo leaning towards dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by cat1201

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've never been much of a fan of Rimmel products, but I wanted a new primer and this was £5.99 so I thought I'd try it for that price. I'm actually pleasantly surprised! I've found myself reaching for this more than my usual Benefit Porefessional, mainly because I feel guilty every time I use that because of the price! But really this primer is really good. I have oily skin and horrible pores, and this doesn't completely solve the two problems but it does help a little, my foundation sits nicer therefore my skin looks better, and make up lasts longer when it's on. It probably won't change your life but it feels nice and it's cheap as hell, so you may as well give it a try for the price!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Lxvechloe

This primer was a major dissapointment. I was super excited to try it based on some good reviews I had read and it really did not deliver. It was essentially like I didn't apply a primer at all. Within a few hours of applying my makeup it was flakey, blotchy, and just terrible looking. I definitely will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by akmcarpenoctem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this primer because I read really good things about it.

I picked up this product (Rimmel Fix and Perfect 002) at Walgreens for $11.99. I have skin that tends toward oily, and as I work in a kitchen, it's very important for my make-up to stay put. This primer didn't do it for me. I tends to hold make-up for awhile, but by the 3rd or 4th hour, my makeup starts to wear off. I was really not impressed.

I will use up this tube but will be looking elsewhere. It wasn't horrible...it just didn't really work for me, either.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by donutlooksforgreatproduct

Its orange which some people are complaining about but you're going to put foundation ontop of it anyways so why complain? It also has this interesting smell. It can be very strong at first but after a whle the smell dies down. I soetimes use this primer alone though since my skintone works with it. It doesnt come on orange fo me. It claims to even out your skin and minimize pores but I only notice change in skin tone. It works amazing with drugstore foundations but I havent tried it with my high end ones since I have a high end primer which I dont like to mix around with