July 28, 2014 | 2016 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Frizz-Ease Hair Serum

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2009 3:59:00 PM More reviews by WebbyGale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dry curly and frizzy hair and this did nothing for it. At first I thought I was using too little so I used more but it only made my hair look greasy. This might be okay for those with staight to wavy hair with little frizz. Also good if you want some shine. I even tried the extra strength version and wasn't much better. I prefer BIO SILK over this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2009 1:57:00 PM More reviews by LaBellaVita323

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this yet. This is by far my favorite serum, even better than citreshine, personally. This made my hair silky, shiny, and soft. I couldn't keep my hands out of my naturally dry hair. I'm in love.
My only dislike is the feeling on my hands afterwards, but that comes with all serums..

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by sellofain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have really fried, frizzy hair. A tiny amount of this serum is enough to cover all of my hair, and it makes it feel smooth and soft. My hair is a lot less frizzy when I use this, so it definitely does its job.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2009 11:59:00 AM More reviews by 8024debbie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like this product at all. Actually I've tried many Frizz-Ease products and they just don't do anything for my hair. I used the small amount recommended on the bottle and it didn't take away the frizz, I used a little more and it just made my hair look greasy. I even tried the one in the extra strength in the purple bottle and didn't work either. I have type 3A hair. So I think this is just good for girls with straight to wavy hair. Definitely not for very curly or coarse hair.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2009 4:27:00 PM More reviews by fallenrainxx

This serum KILLS frizz. I have dry hair near the roots and it's all frizzy there. Also, at the top of my head, I have fly-aways. I saw this serum at the drugstore and decided to give it a try and now I really really like it! It smells nice, adds shine, smooths and I think it even makes my hair straighter (my natural hair is straight). I have thick, medium-coarse hair, so I use about 5-8 drops. It doesn't feel greasy at all (unless you put a lot at the roots, but I don't think anyone would be silly enough to do that). It's long-lasting, and best of all-it works! I'd totally buy this again and I would recommend this for anyone looking for frizz-control.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2009 12:21:00 PM More reviews by theladyisachump

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Thank the lord for John Frieda products! Especially this one. I have fine-ish hair, but I also have LOTS of it, so it appears quite thick. Thanks to having two curly-haired parents, my hair is wavy on top with ringlets forming at the ends. However, any sign of drizzle or humid weather and it frizzes up from the roots (which is more frustrating than any straight-haired girl can imagine).

I've tried other frizz treatments, including Nicky Clarke, but they never quite made the grade as far as I was concerned. Then I decided to try this, having given up on more expensive products, and so far (it's been nearly two months now) I'm very impressed! It doesn't give my hair that greasy shine, nor does it make my hair feel crunchy like I used a styling mousse. It's surprisingly light once applied, although I admit I do need to use the extra strength formula for my untamed locks.

Overall, I would recommend this to anyone who wants more control over their style, but doesn't want to end up with greasy or crunchy hair. Controlled but natural, are the words I would use to describe the results this serum gives. Good price, good packaging, great product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by saamannthaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used some of my roommates & I only tried this on straight hair, but considering I pretty much only use serum on straight hair, I think its okay to write a review.

So this stuff smells greaat. I just want to keep smelling it all day, lol. Anyway, so this is very concentrated (its thick, like a gell). Love that! My thick (usually curly, but straight in this instance), frizzy hair needs something heavy (my hair never gets greasy, haha) & I only had to use one pump of this(: It smooth my hair wonderfully and left it nice and soft.

I hate that they give you so little product, but with only needing one pump (for now, my hair is slightly below my shoulders. When it grows back out I'll probably need two) so it should last a while & I'll definitely be purchasing (well, this or the Extra strength, undecided on which)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2009 10:11:00 PM More reviews by x0kerbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product works pretty well when I go for the wavy look. My hair is weird in it's natural state; partially straight and partially wanna-be waves..so it takes a lot of work to get it to be nice and wavy. I'm still looking for a product to give me what I want..but anyway the frizz ease hair serum definitely keeps the frizz down. I use this in conjunction with other products for waves and it seems to work well with other products as well as on it's own. I like how my hair absorbs this stuff..never comes out greasy. I don't really have a frizz problem when I straighten my hair so I've never used it for that. Overall it's a good product that I will buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Safin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I choose this serum because it is fragrance free, bad choice it is way too heavy for my fine long hair.

I had better results with the biosilk (I rate that with a 4).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2009 12:24:00 AM More reviews by Tickle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm quite impressed with this product, I've tried Silk Fusion and Silk Therapy and I have to admit I was extremely pleased. I suppose I had low expectations. What a reasonably priced product too! It softens, protects and provides a wonderful shine.