February 28, 2015 | 1592 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Frizz-Ease Hair Serum

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2010 6:07:00 AM More reviews by scarletquill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've only got the 'original formula' of this, but it does nothing for my hair. I have medium length frizzy hair, and I notice absolutely no difference when I use this. Even glossing/shine mists and sprays do more to manage my hair than this. I love most of the other Frizz-Ease products from John Frieda, but I won't be buying this again. It really does last a long time though, because you only need a tiny bit each time you use it, the bottle looks tiny when you buy it, but it goes a long way! John Frieda's 'Downplay' serum from the Frizz-Ease line does MUCH more though for those of us who want less bulk to our hair!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2010 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Starrguise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this on clearance $1 at my local grocer, so I decided to give it a try. I really wanted to like this product, but it makes my hair feel weighed down and oily. I used very little and tried to spread it out as even as possible, but no matter how little I used, it still seemed to make my hair feel greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by sdmchan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have thick, straight Asian hair. When I had a perm (spiral curls), this was THE BEST product! Make sure that your hair is still wet when you apply it to get it evenly distributed. I found that I needed quite a bit so the fact that it comes in such a tiny bottle made it very expensive. However, it was so great at defining the curl when I used my diffuser to dry my hair. It left the hair shiny and smooth looking, even with the dryness of the perm. I would definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 4:45:00 AM More reviews by dlamsw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this a while ago. Never bother to use because I'm not much of a fan of "serum" hair products. Until one day I ran out of thermal protect spray and need an substitute to tame my frizzy hair before blow drying. Since I'm afraid it will be greasy on my hair, I only rubbed a little bit through my hair. After I blow-dry my hair, omg, it worked like a miracle. My hair was frizz-free, shiny and smooth. This is a must have for me from now on.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2009 4:52:00 PM More reviews by arualx

I have naturally curly/fine hair. This product definitely helps combat my frizz. I use it when I wear my hair curly, and when I blow-dry it straight. This product works, though I would be interested in seeing if there are better serums out there. For a drugstore serum it's great though. Make sure you do not put too much product in your hair, because it will make your hair look oily.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2009 12:38:00 AM More reviews by heavendelivered

I use to buy this product all the time till I found a cheaper version that works the same for me. I liked that it was a builable hair serum. You can little by little depending the look you want and level of shine. I have lots of frizz so I would add and add. My thick frizzy hair would require lots of this product so it got a bit pricey but I loved it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2009 3:59:00 PM More reviews by WebbyGale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dry curly and frizzy hair and this did nothing for it. At first I thought I was using too little so I used more but it only made my hair look greasy. This might be okay for those with staight to wavy hair with little frizz. Also good if you want some shine. I even tried the extra strength version and wasn't much better. I prefer BIO SILK over this.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2009 1:57:00 PM More reviews by LaBellaVita323

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this yet. This is by far my favorite serum, even better than citreshine, personally. This made my hair silky, shiny, and soft. I couldn't keep my hands out of my naturally dry hair. I'm in love.
My only dislike is the feeling on my hands afterwards, but that comes with all serums..

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2009 8:13:00 PM More reviews by sellofain

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have really fried, frizzy hair. A tiny amount of this serum is enough to cover all of my hair, and it makes it feel smooth and soft. My hair is a lot less frizzy when I use this, so it definitely does its job.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2009 11:59:00 AM More reviews by 8024debbie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like this product at all. Actually I've tried many Frizz-Ease products and they just don't do anything for my hair. I used the small amount recommended on the bottle and it didn't take away the frizz, I used a little more and it just made my hair look greasy. I even tried the one in the extra strength in the purple bottle and didn't work either. I have type 3A hair. So I think this is just good for girls with straight to wavy hair. Definitely not for very curly or coarse hair.