Garnier 2-in-1 Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover

4.5

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Isopropyl Palmitate, Panthenol, Rose Centifolia Flower Water, Dipotassium Phosphate, Poloxamer 184, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, CI 61565 / Green 6 (F.I.L. B26656/1)

on 8/9/2010 5:12:00 PM

I used to use a similar Clarins product for makeup removal and I can honestly say this is better - I used to be a sucker for brands.
Clarins left my skin feeling oily and after a while, very sensitive and tight.
This product sweeps through even the heaviest of makeup with one go - no rubbing required.
Takes off eye makeup really easily and the best thing is it costs less than 5 compared to 15 for the Clarins equivalent.
I don't like creamy cleansers so this is perfect for me.
The only thing I don't like is the design of the lid - once or twice I've ended up with a leaking bottle when either the top snaps off or the actual lid doesn't screw on properly - if you're buying one check it's ok when you lift it off the shelf, nothing more annoying than finding half of it inside the bag!

on 7/24/2010 7:31:00 AM

Does the job for a large part of the face, but quite harsh on the skin. Doesn't get rid of all the make up on the eyes, and stings. Often I'm left having to rub off the bits of mascara or use olive oil to get the rest off. I don't usually wear much make up, which may be why my skin reacts to it so much. I've since switched to Body Shop's Camomile Eye Makeup Remover, and that works a treat.

on 7/21/2010 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is a great remover for harsh waterproof eyeliner and mascara, since it contains oil in it. It even removes my Shiseido Lasting Lift mascara, which is one of the most waterproof mascaras on the market. But it takes a couple of times to get all the mascara off, and it can make my vision blurry for awhile. I wouldn't use it on my face though, since it's a bit oily. At first I was sceptical about the oil and water mix but I find that if you hold it upside down for a bit, the oil part gets separated and you can use the watery part if you don't want your face to get oily.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great make up remover. soft on skin and not harsh at all. a bottle can last you a very long time as you dont need a whole heap to take off your make up. removes waterproof mascara and eyeliner.

on 5/8/2010 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have really sensitive eyes and I actually use a long lasting eyeliner (Bobbi Brown Gel Liner) which does not smudge and is hard to clean off if you don't use a good remover. A lot of removers that I have tried either cant get it all off completely or sting my eyes and cause my eyelids to dry out and peel OR worst, because of the oil content, causes me to have milia near my eyes!

I was rather skeptical when I saw this at the drugstore but I am so glad I decided to give it a go. I was using Chanel's eye makeup remover previously but it is rather expensive and considering I use eyeliner almost 7 days a week I needed an alternative. This remover is PERFECT! It doesnt dry my lids out, it's not too oily to cause milia, it really does remove eyerthing easily and BEST OF ALL, it can also be used on the face and does not cause breakouts! My HG! I have gone through about 4 bottles of these and one bottle can last about 3-4 months depending on how often you use it.

on 3/29/2010 3:21:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

My sister had bought this so I thought I would give it a try. I wish I hadn't! Even though I don't have sensitive eyes or skin as soon as I applied this my eyes started to burn so I RAN to the bathroom and started washing it off and splashing water on my lids.

Maybe it just works on sensitive eyes and if you don't have sensitive eyes the product punishes you for using it.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is a really good product. I bought it on spec in Superdrug (UK) as it was on offer (3.49 - 200ml) and seemed to have fairly nice ingredients. It's dual phase so you need to shake it up before applying onto a cotton pad. It took off all my eye make up thoroughly (I saturate a quarter of the pad and then place over eyes and wiggle the pad on top and underneath the lashes). There was no smudging under my eyes in the morning, or after my shower (that's when I really find out if I got off all my eye make up the night before). It is a little oily so it's a good idea to follow up with another type of creamy or foaming cleanser. However I experienced no irritation. I have since returned to buy another bottle as a back up whilst it is still on special offer. Highly recommended.

on 2/19/2010 5:04:00 AM

Thanks to everyone for recommending this and saving me from spending $30 plus on a 'brand' product.

This is a 2 phase product, but unlike clinique, there is no oily residue left on the eye. No stinging or irritation at all. I had washed my face post gym with soap (I know, I know) and some of my Stila smudge pot had not budged and it got it off, one swipe. Mascara I did not know I had left came off too. FYI, I used this with a swispers cotton pad.

On sale, for less than $10 AUS and it is a huge bottle compared to other supermarket brands - give it a go at least.

Great products, cheap and effective and takes off all makeup, face, eyes etc. Better than Clinique TTDO as it doesnt make eyes blurry. Love that its so cheap, gentle on skin and works brilliantly on ALL makeep. A Staple for me now thanks to checking these great reviews out - thanks MUA :)

on 2/12/2010 5:37:00 PM

This eye makeup remover works like magic. Removes every trace of stubborn residue in a swipe. I've tried Loreal and Nivea Visage, both of which are require copious amounts of product to remove the makeup, and still don't do a clean job. The Neutrogena oil-free eye makeup remover comes close to the garnier one, but the garnier one is still far better. Finally found a great eye makeup remover! The price at almost $10 is quite high though.