April 21, 2014 | 1873 users online

Polishes - OPI - Black Cherry Chutney

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2008 12:45:00 AM More reviews by bonita29

Awesome color
sexy purple-red-black color with microglitter
I have been wanting it for awhile but opted for its blue (yoga to get this blue) shade instead, but I finally got it and luv it!!!
Highly recommend

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by LelaViavonie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this color!! I have a thing for reds.. and this is such a beautiful color~! I wore this color to my x-mas party and i did the silver half moons and i recieved so many compliments on my nails.. they loved the color.. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by lindsey835

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Like a previous reviewer stated, this "almost black" is nice but not as interesting as either Lincoln shade by OPI. Unless you get quite close, you can't see the purple undertones. Overall, nice but nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2008 10:49:00 PM More reviews by archaeopteryx

I love this shade. I love dark shades of nail polish, and this one works so well with my skin tone. I don't notice that it chips any sooner than any other nail polish I've tried. It's the perfect black cherry shade. In low light it looks almost black, but in the sunlight, it gleams. I plan to keep a bottle of this around from now on.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2008 6:20:00 AM More reviews by Dowagr

The formula was too gloopy, I found it strangely difficult to apply evenly as compared to my other bottles.
I bought this cos I figured the basic minimum to a respectable nail polish collection requires a dark deep maroon. Unfortunately on nails, it was too dark it looks black. You can hardly notice it's a deep burgundy with shimmer unless one scrutinizes.

I probably wouldn't pay full price or buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2008 11:48:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

I have a few gripes with this product:
1. goes on very thin and uneven
2. shimmer is barely noticible

It's not horrible, it's just not special or very good quality for OPI. I like the fact that it's cool and dark (black/red/purple shade) but they could have done better. I have another from the India Collection (Elephantastic Pink) that is a wonderful quality polish, but this one is a dud. I prefer Lincoln Park After Dark to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2008 11:27:00 AM More reviews by hippiepippie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is an ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS red/almost black color. It's deep and full of bright red, subtle shimmery particles. Black cherry at it's best, GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 5:20:00 AM More reviews by niseixtenshi

What a pretty "black cherry" shade! It really has the deep shimmery color of a ripe black cherry. The application is good and it has incredible shine. This is my new "almost black" go-to shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2008 1:37:00 AM More reviews by annabelle

OPI's Black Cherry Chutney (BCC) is part of OPI's India collection, for the summer of 2008. It's a beautiful dark plum infused with shimmer! I just love it!

Even if this color is a vampie, it is truly reminiscent of a jewel. It's not a boring blackened plum, even in low light, the shimmer shines through!

The application is good, though somewhat thick. I applied three thin coats and am pleased with the results. Unlike some other vampies, this one isn't streaky, so even in direct sunlight, the color is uniform throughout the entire nail.

I would definetly purchase this color again! It is my favorite plum vampy nail polish thus far! The color is so beautiful and rich, as if it's lit from within!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2008 11:17:00 PM More reviews by BuffyDaLipGlossEater

My husband and I were wandering around the mall, and I asked him if I could make a quick trip to Trade Secret to check out polishes -- I had been on an OPI bent lately and I was curious to see what was left. While wandering around my husband spotted a set of minis from the India collection marked 30% off, and pointed them out to me. I had money to burn, so I said what the heck and bought it.
I was already familiar with India Mood For Love (which I adore, by the way), so I thought I would try out Black Cherry Chutney. I've always been a fan of uber-vampy and out there colors, so I gave this a whirl.
Under subdued light, it could easily be mistaken for a black, but it has that nice red undertone with that yummy red shimmer -- like the hue of rich deep red velvet. It took about two coats to get the bottle color, but it was well worth the wait for the first coat. Hopefully OPI will have the good sense to hang on to this color.