December 17, 2014 | 1925 users online

Polishes - OPI - Black Cherry Chutney

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2009 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Angie7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color is very nice, I have already been complimented on the polish. It is a deep red black though there are many comparable colors. The problem was the polish was a little sticky, streaked for the first coat, and pulled. Also, I thought it was dry but still did not do much with my hands for a few hours. But I went to sleep and I woke up I found the polish had imprinted with lines/smudged. Tried another coat, same thing. Also, not very shiny. I would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Jetaime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I know I'm a little late to this polish as it was released earlier this year as part of the OPI India collection. On my PPP skin, Black Cherry Chutney is a deep eggplant purple with faint shimmer. I see a lot of other reviewers describe it as a deep burgundy but it doesn't show up that way on me. Very "black cherry" (as with the name) on my skin. I feel the color, overall, is true to the bottle but was not quite as shimmery as I expected. On further inspection, I can see that the shimmer is much finer and lighter than my other very shimmery polishes like ChG's Ruby Pumps. As for the application, it goes on well with no streaks but does have a "gloopy" nature as others have noted. I used several q-tips to clean up my pedicure but dark colors require more patience. The finish was somewhat matte so I topped it with an OPI Start to Finish clear polish. It lasts long like most OPI polishes. This is a great vampy color for those who want a dark, sexy look that isn't black.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2008 12:45:00 AM More reviews by bonita29

Awesome color
sexy purple-red-black color with microglitter
I have been wanting it for awhile but opted for its blue (yoga to get this blue) shade instead, but I finally got it and luv it!!!
Highly recommend

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by LelaViavonie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this color!! I have a thing for reds.. and this is such a beautiful color~! I wore this color to my x-mas party and i did the silver half moons and i recieved so many compliments on my nails.. they loved the color.. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2008 6:19:00 PM More reviews by lindsey835

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Like a previous reviewer stated, this "almost black" is nice but not as interesting as either Lincoln shade by OPI. Unless you get quite close, you can't see the purple undertones. Overall, nice but nothing special.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2008 10:49:00 PM More reviews by archaeopteryx

I love this shade. I love dark shades of nail polish, and this one works so well with my skin tone. I don't notice that it chips any sooner than any other nail polish I've tried. It's the perfect black cherry shade. In low light it looks almost black, but in the sunlight, it gleams. I plan to keep a bottle of this around from now on.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2008 6:20:00 AM More reviews by Dowagr

The formula was too gloopy, I found it strangely difficult to apply evenly as compared to my other bottles.
I bought this cos I figured the basic minimum to a respectable nail polish collection requires a dark deep maroon. Unfortunately on nails, it was too dark it looks black. You can hardly notice it's a deep burgundy with shimmer unless one scrutinizes.

I probably wouldn't pay full price or buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2008 11:48:00 AM More reviews by pmnixa

I have a few gripes with this product:
1. goes on very thin and uneven
2. shimmer is barely noticible

It's not horrible, it's just not special or very good quality for OPI. I like the fact that it's cool and dark (black/red/purple shade) but they could have done better. I have another from the India Collection (Elephantastic Pink) that is a wonderful quality polish, but this one is a dud. I prefer Lincoln Park After Dark to this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2008 11:27:00 AM More reviews by hippiepippie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is an ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS red/almost black color. It's deep and full of bright red, subtle shimmery particles. Black cherry at it's best, GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2008 5:20:00 AM More reviews by niseixtenshi

What a pretty "black cherry" shade! It really has the deep shimmery color of a ripe black cherry. The application is good and it has incredible shine. This is my new "almost black" go-to shade.