October 24, 2014 | 1579 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Lumene - Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover for Eyes and Lips

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2008 9:45:00 PM More reviews by souporsunny

Great eye makeup remover. It feels a little oily but not enough to really bother me. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2008 11:09:00 AM More reviews by 1badcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was really hoping to like this stuff since I very much like to use m/u removers that have the half oil half liquid formula. It didn't do very much therefore not being effective at all but what I did get was irritated eye area and blurry vision w/how oily it was. I guess I should have known better than to stray from my HG of m/u removers Neutrogena Oil-Free eye m/u remover. This stuff just isn't effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2008 8:31:00 AM More reviews by laura1122

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had incorrectly put my review for this under the Absolute Away one that already existed. What I purchased is also called Lumene Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover with Arctic Linen Seed.

This is the only eye makeup remover I have ever used that removed every last bit of my stubborn mascara with only a few wipes and without leaving a film. I use it to remove my mascara only though. This stuff is amazing, but the cyclopentasiloxane breaks me out around my eyebrows if I use it all over my eye area. For this reason only, I'm not sure if I will repurchase. But if you are not sensitive to that silicone, give this a try because it is an excellent eye makeup remover!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2008 1:18:00 PM More reviews by dakgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The full name of this product is Lumene Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover with Arctic Linen Seed. It is a dual phase type of remover. First, my HG is Lancome Bi-Facil but its gotten too expensive so I'm trying others.

This product feels oilier than others but has a better scent that Paula's Choice Gentle Touch Makeup Remover which seems to have no fragrance added. Price wise this was $5.99 with is almost 1/3 of what PC costs and 1/4 the price of Bi-Facil. It took more swipes of the cotton pad over my eyes to remover my eye makeup than with PC or Lancome.

This product didn't thrill me so I will keep trying others once I use it up.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2008 3:56:00 PM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this on sale for $2.99. I had high hopes for this product. It did remove my ey makeup but it was too oily and got into my eyes each time I used it. Returned it for a refund.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2008 5:32:00 PM More reviews by viatc55

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very effective waterproof makeup remover. I pad it on two cotton balls to remove my waterproof eyeliner and longlasting lip color. I have been using at least 20 bottles and kept stocking them. It is a little bit oily so I have to rinse it off with water and towel my face dry. But it leaves my skin clean and soft. It is as good as other Japanese or department brand waterproof eye makeup remover and the price is unbeatable! Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2007 3:31:00 PM More reviews by cecchetti5

This is a good eye makeup remover. It removes quickly and with minimal effort. I think it leaves a little too much residue. Regardless, it's a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2007 9:58:00 PM More reviews by jh87

Amazing x3. enough said.

This stuff really gets off waterproof mascara with just a few quick swipes without leaving that slick oily feeling so my eyes don't get blurry. Great stuff, and cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2007 11:04:00 PM More reviews by hannahlise

oh, wow. i never knew that eye makeup remover could work this well, after using many substandard ones for years to take off my waterproof mascara- just kind of assumed that i'd have to tolerate a little leftover mascara overnight, to be cleaned off in the morning. but this is FANTASTIC. dab a little on a cotton ball, press gently on lashes, and after a few gentle swipes it has all been removed. doesn't irritate my eyes, i don't lose lashes, and it's cheap to boot. i will never stray from this product...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2007 10:31:00 PM More reviews by tiara98

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I gotta say, this is extremely effective, and I don't find it oily (amazing, because I *really hate* the 'oil free' but slick Take the Day Off liquid by Clinique). I was so depressed when I found out that Pond's Bare & Repair e/m remover was discontinued, but I'm thinking I may like this Lumene one better! It seems like I need to use a little more than I'm used to using, but that may only be in my head since the opening on the bottle is so small?