September 1, 2014 | 1132 users online

Toners - Green Tea tea-bag toner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by Nashaiy

So after reading all of the rave reviews on the MUA page, I decided to give this a shot. I made a cup of lemon ginger green tea (organic) and let it soak for an hour and then poured the mixture into a bottle and cooled it in the fridge. I made it again after 2 weeks like people suggested, the next time making it stronger since I really didn't go through much in 2 weeks. I have to say, it does feel nice on the skin, especially since I keep it in the fridge so it is nice and cool. However, I did not notice miracles like the others. Just felt like putting cool water on my skin and letting it evaporate. It did also remove some excess make up. That being said, I will continue to use it as a toner as it does the job I believe a toner should do which is soothe the skin and remove excess oils and make up that my cleanser might have missed. It is cheap and really easy to make (basically just making tea) and then store it in a travel bottle (or whatever you like) in the fridge.

PROS: cheap, refreshing, organic
CONS: not a miracle or anything, have to store in the fridge

If you're looking for a cheap, refreshing, natural toner that does the job, this is the simple solution. Anything more and you'll have to look further.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by purepink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is one of those gems you just stummble across on makeupalley, and it truly changes your life! i swapped out my usual morning coffee with green tea about 2 weeks ago for antioxidant purposes, as well as the metabolism boosting (since i have been on an diet and exercise plan) coffee was also making me crash badly and i became sensitive and extremely irritable by the evening. drinking green tea has dramaticaly improved my mood, energy, and sugar cravings since i have switched. i also sometimes half it with white tea.

i was without a toner in my skin care regimen and saw this had awesome reviews, so i decided to try it out (i use Aqua glycolic line, and have not been using the toner, since i have to wait for it to be ordered through my pharmacy, and have yet to do that =/ ) as i boil water for my tea, i set aside a seperate glass with its own teabag for toner. pour this first, let it sit, then pop it in the fridge to cool down.

I like my toner cool/cold, it feels refreshing, and tightens my pores slightly more than warm. having it cold also reminds me of the 'putting an icecube on a zit to take down swelling and redness' theory. this really has been awesome for my face. it has reduced overall redness and much more even skin tone, brought down swelling of a couple of recent blemishes each time i use it, skin is firmer, pores look smaller (which is probably a combo of the glycolic acid clearing them, and the toners overall tightening of my skin, pores dont actualy shrink). its reassuring to know, im putting something on my skin, that has so many anti oxidant and fighting free radical properties (not sure if it actualy helps this way topicaly, but i am also drinking it a ton) and is natural. i am most excited about the cut in my oil production it has made. i did not use this intentionaly for this purpose, yet excess oil is one of my biggest issues. i had acutaly a couple days before trying the green tea as toner ordered a prescription sulfur based loition from my derm to reduce my oil. it really has become a bigger problem now that its summer. yet i havent pick up my rx, because i dont really need it!

i understand i am probably in the honeymoon phase of this, but either way, how my skin is looking is phenominal,because its rare if i find a product that i use that continualy works without causing issues. so, i am prepared that this may work topically only for a while so i will pick up my sulfer cream, and order my aqua glycolic toner to have in case this happens. i will still keep drinking green tea no matter what tho. will obviously have to update

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by makeupartist77

It is fun to make your own toner that's just a start! I boil one tea bag to every cup of water, I bought to travel containers from walmart. I keep my mix in the fridge, and make a new batch every 2 weeks. I swear my skin looks so nice, my makeup is looking better and most important the unwanted oils are getting kicked to the curb ladies. Normally, by the end of the day, I can feel my face getting oily without touching it, now I am touching my face to see if it really is true, yes we are a match together forever. Beware to make sure you use a moisturizer daily, this tightens within minutes, which is great but you don't want the fine dehydration lines to step in from lack of moisture.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by IsraelSP21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Yes it's true!! Green Tea is probably the best toner u can use. I have acne problems and also oily skin in my forehead and nose. I've been using Green tea as a toner for over a year now. Since it's been a long time, it seems that my skin is like resistant to it now, so I tried new brands like Mario Badescu, Kiehl's, Sisley, La Mer and Clinique. EVERY SINGLE time I stopped using green tea and tried a new toner, I broke out and had redness. Green tea is AMAZING the first months u use it, unfortunately, after a year it looses its anti acne effects, but other than that u can use it all year round and will make u glow A MUST HOMEMADE REMEDY FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS BEAUTIFUL COMPLEXION

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2010 2:37:00 PM More reviews by dayana

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Thanks for all of the reviews! I have been using for just two weeks the green tea bags that my husband lets in his cup (inexpensive and fresh ha-ha), every morning after wash my face.... and the change is dramatic! I have mild rosacea and my skin react to almost everything, so my skin looked inflamed and red almost all the time, and that at 44 made more evident the firming loss of my my face! Well ladies, green tea has control the oil, shrink my pores like nothing else, calm the redness and act as anti-inflamatory to the point I don't need anymore my metro-lotion. Well it doesn't firm my skin (well I didn't expect that), but I look more normal for my age, and even my husband complimented my skin without makeup!!! HG? Absolutely! Just don't pass the bag on your undereye area because in the same way it controls oil it will dry it....and nobody wants that for sure!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by marilyn224

Wow! This product is amazing as a toner. After about a week of using this, my acne scars have faded significantly, and it leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed. I take one tea bag, and leave it in a glass of hot water for about an hour, let it cool down, then transfer the tea into a jar, and refridgerate it until i need to use it. It's great, it's natural, and it's cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2010 7:48:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

I'v been letting the tea bags sit under my eyes everyday for about 10 mins or more. And i have actually noticed that my dark circles are slightly faded and brighter!! im sooo happy!!!! i also put the green tea all over my face and leave it on all day or over night and my skin is much more radiant! My skin looks great! All the great benefits that green tea delivers to your skin just makes me feel great when i use it too!. Make sure to use only 100% organic green tea though :) i will continue to use forever! I LOVE GREEN TEA! Its not just awesome for your face but your health too & its yummy! lol like seriously i drink about 5 cups of it a day! XD

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 1:26:00 PM More reviews by GlosslipGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love using Green Tea as a toner! I also mix Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar with it about a 50/50 mixture. I make a really strong cup of tea and bought small plastic bottles to store it in. This combo has really reduced my pores and faded red marks, less break outs and oiliness too! There are so many Natural skin care recipes you can make with Green Tea!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 10:44:00 AM More reviews by ta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This removes as much dirt from my skin as a typical toner such as the LUSH tea tree toner which makes me think that most toners are probably just water!

I use Tetley's DECAF Green tea, it is excellent as a toner, leaves my skin clean, smooth and refreshed.
I have noticed a change in my skin since I started using this and have had comments from friends about my "glowing" skin!
I have much less breakouts and small bumps under my skin too.

It has to be kept in the fridge to keep it fresh and I make a new bottle of this stuff every two weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Mayoxtayo

This is the best idea ever. its helps dark circles, skin and body. I think this is a lovely way to save money and it works miracles. Natural work best and way cheaper!