April 20, 2014 | 1486 users online

Highlighters - Christian Dior - Shimmer Powder 002 Amber Diamond, Spring 08

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by noname101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the nicest powder highlight I have tried so far.

It IS somewhat sparkly but its very nice.

I love it as an eyeshadow as well. I love the mirror and the look of it. I also love how sturdy it is- I have dropped it many times and it hasn't crumbled! There is a load of product in this - you will never finish it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by JoieDeVlvre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

It's like that Brazilian model, I just came back from an exotic vacation and i have flawless face, everyone be jealous of me highlighter! It's not glittery, not LOOK at me, not sweaty looking, it's exactly what they mean when they say healthy, bronzey, glow!

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by afinem3ss

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm new to highlights so I bought this after seeing numerous reviews on it at Sephora, on Youtube and various blogs that I came upon. I don't think I've discovered its true potential however I do find the product to be as pretty as others have claimed. It does give the applied area a nice sheen without looking too sparkly.

The only negative is the price tag. It's quite expensive but you are getting a lot of product. So I don't think I'll be purchasing it again any time soon...it seems like this purchase is going to last a while!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous highlight! I've recently become a big fan of highlighters and this one is one of them! I only took off one lippy because of the price, but otherwise it'd be 5 all across the board! The fine shimmer on this powder is very fine. It almost feels a bit cream like. Looks gorgeous all over the face without having to look like a disco ball.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by kimnn16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

you could really do without this product, there are many highlighters/eyeshadows that are cheaper and can put the same amount of color for highlight. it's nice to have, but not a must-have.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2011 7:12:00 PM More reviews by ieatmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the greatest highlighting product known to man. It is so versatile and an absolute staple in my makeup routine. I know the price can be a little off-putting but it is definitely worth it. If you're worried about the shine factor then don't be! I have oily skin and provided you apply this in the right areas you won't look like a grease ball!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by makeupaddict76

I'm not a huge highlighting person, I do have high beam, soft&gentle, hush, etc but this product really delivers and give you a wonderful glow. I really like applying it with my real techniques contour brush(gold handle). Texture is very fine, smooth, and easily glides on, well worth the splurge!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

*My favorite highlighter!* Amber Diamond contains five stripes of warm frosty shades: An ivory with golden-yellow frost, champagne, tan, bronze and golden peach. When all of the shades are swirled together, it creates a beautiful warm, champagne/tan glow. I tried comparing it to other highlighters of mine, but it's actually very different than anything I own. The only thing I could compare is the first strip of color is almost identical to Nars Albatross or MAC Vanilla Pigment. From the looks of it, it may be comparable to Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips or Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick, but from swatches I've seen, Amber Diamond seems a little less frosty & subtle. To be honest, at first I figured this highlighter was overrated. To me, it didn't look like anything special I should go run out and buy - but after trying it, I see what all of the hype is about. It is frosty - but when applied to the cheeks, it's so subtle and it almost becomes one with your skin. It's easy to blend and gives the prettiest glow that's not overpowering. (No disco ball, here!)
**PROS:** It's not too frosty, blends easily, doesn't make my skin look dirty (some frosty highlighters do!) and looks very natural! Also, I think it would be well suited for any skintone!
**CONS:** I can't really think of any, other than it doesn't include a brush (not a big deal) and it's a bit expensive ($44 for .35 oz). If you think about it though, a Nars blush is .16 oz for $27 and MAC is .21 oz for $19.50. So, it's a little more expensive than MAC, but less expensive than Nars in the long run. It's all up to you if it's worth the splurge!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 4:11:00 AM More reviews by anamatovska

Great powder highlighter. Very subtle. best used with colours blended together. You would have to use your fingers in the bronze shades to actually get a bronze colour, not pigmented, very very lightly pigmented and all combined together you get a gorgeous soft golden vanilla glow. Not glittery, would last easy 2 years even if used every single day...impossible to use up quickly. Catches the light well,with or without foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 10:40:00 PM More reviews by flauntit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ooh, look at that glow! This highlighter has quite a reputation, I've seen it be called one of the best highlighters over and over again, some arguing it may be #1. I had to try it after all the positive reviews! I choose Amber Diamond over Rose Diamond as warmer colors compliment my skintone (NC) better.

When you glide your finger across the beautiful design, you can see the beautiful blend of colors working together to produce an unreal glow. It's not a bundle of crazy sparkles or a very slight sheen that is almost invisible to the eye till the right lighting hits your face. It's quite dimensional and it has a depth that is hard to describe. The pearl on the one side of the product combines with the bronze-orange color on the opposite side to make great results. Now, this amazing glow was easy to produce from me swatching it...

But applying it proved to be a little difficult! I tried my Sonia Kashuk highlight brush (her stippling blush), a blush brush, this travel powder brush I got from Sephora long ago that I know picks up product really well, all these different ways and yet that beautiful glow wasn't transfering to my face. I had a nice highlight but it wasn't anything special. The swatch made my jaw drop, why such mediorce results? Two things helped me apply it more efficiently. A fan brush has proved to be my best tool for highlighting, I use the one from ELF. Also I don't know if my Amber Diamond might be quite faulty, but if I rub the top layer quite a bit, the fan brush picks up the product much easier. I know with blushes the top layer can 'harden' from oils transfering from the brush to the blush, so maybe the same happened with my highlighter? Maybe mine is faulty in some way, because I haven't seen this to be a big issues for anyone else...

But now that applying it is much easier for me, I love it. As I've gotten a darker tan, I'm really starting to appreciate it a lot more. I think NARS albatross highlighter really compliments my skintone when I'm NC15, but Amber Diamond is great when I'm darker (although I'd love to be reunited with Albatross again to see how it would look on me now...darn it for breaking :( Oh well)
The glow will remain on my face for hours, which is great! Nothing is more disappointing than a highlight fading really fast, I want to glow all day - not for just an hour or two! I love pairing this with bronzer, coral blush, and warmer-toned eye colors. For cooler-toned looks, I tend to use my Boots High Lights Illuminating Lotion as it compliments better with it's pink undertoned.

'Pricey' doesn't even cut it - it's expensive. Simple as that. But you get a lot of product for that amount of money, I can't see me running out of this at all any time soon! The packaging is bulky but it doesn't feel too weighty and feels well made. I've gotten some wonky packaging for expensive products, but this fits the luxurious brand quite well. It wouldn't hurt to be a little slimmer...but I won't argue it too much! :)

I gave this a 4, but really I'd give it a 4.5! Is it the best...I'm not sure. Can't really deem it the best. Now, is it ONE of the best or better quality highlighters on the market? Yes :) Check it out!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No