September 1, 2014 | 1072 users online

Lip Treatments - Korres - Lip Butter -Quince

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2009 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Katie80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nice scent, feels nice, but I just find the pink to be too raspberry. It's got a lot of purple undertones in it and I was hoping for a nice, sheer pink, but no dice.

They need to make these more sheer, or with lighter colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2009 12:41:00 PM More reviews by Juliet7781

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Love this product. I love glosses but the problem is that some aren't moisturizing enough or the color is too much, etc. This is perfect. The color looks so natural. I will definately be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 4:40:00 AM More reviews by SEAWEED

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very impressed with this product. Whilst I agree with the previous reviewer that it's not particulary effective as a lip moisturiser per se (I wouldnt use this on chapped lips - 8 hr cream is my HG for that), I think that its title 'Lip butter' is pretty accurate. Basically it gives a pretty colour to your lips, that does feel quite buttery as opposed to glossy or creamy. I agree with another reviewer who said it makes lips look sexy and pouty. Not great lasting power but again not really a problem for me, I'm happy to just dab it on every so often - you dont really need a mirror either. The colour is a hot pink - I have yellow toned skin and think it looksgood against my skin - don't see any cool or purple tones in it as mentioned below. I like to wear this with just a pop of gel blusher high on the lips (MAC subtropical, sadly discontinued) and a clean eye with just a slick of mascara. I also like it with a nude, contoured cheek (Nars Zen). It's just great, low maintenance product for spring / summer. Definitely going to try more shades (Pomegranate next), especially at the bargain price of 6!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2009 8:42:00 AM More reviews by taniaboox

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a lip treatment it wasn't bad but the problem is that this product floats between being a colour product and a treatment product and it doesn't do either particularly well.

The colour is not strong so if you want the pink to show you have to put a lot on, patting it on thickly.

The treatment side of things was ok but because it's not terribly long lasting it didn't help my lips much, keeps coming off quickly this balm.

I wasn't crazy about this colour as didn't find it made me look any better.

What i dislike most is that you have to keep putting your fingers in the product so it's unhygenic to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by kiwi_of_hearts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

There is too much purple in the color for my yellow-toned skin, but this is otherwise a great product. Very moisturizing with a nice smell and inoffensive taste and nice color pay-off. Makes my lips look full and pouty and sexy without being glossy. I prefer this product in the "Pomegranate" color, though, since I have warm-toned skin, and Quince's purple-pink color is too cool-toned for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 8:10:00 AM More reviews by alisonmidd

I am really impressed with this lip balm, it's very moisturising for a tinted balm, it smell fruity and the colour is a really sweet deep pink which really suits my PPP skintone. Looks great at the weekend for a casual look but I also wore it last night to go for a valentines meal and it was really pretty then too. And at 6 a pot I will be trying the other colours too!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2009 1:02:00 PM More reviews by shy_makeup_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

although it gives my lips a soft feel
i dont like the colour
im very dark, and it looks horrible!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2009 6:25:00 AM More reviews by bergamott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lovely product! This lip butter is really moisturizing and gives a tiny bit of colour. On me it's a MLBB shade, soft rosy/pink. It might show up more if you have less pigmented lips. This is long-lasting and keep lips soft and supple for hours without the need to re-apply. The scent/smell is light; fruity, but not at all sweet or cloying. Perfect for days when you want a natural look or something to complement dramatic eye makeup. The packaging is not great; it's a tiny jar/pot you have to stick your finger in. I'd much prefer a tube or a stick version. Korres say on their own website that they started out as a homeopathic pharmacy which I think is ridiculous; homeopathy has no scientific proof and offers false hope for people with health issues. That aside; some of the products in this line are well made; have a lot of natural content and are more environmentally friendly than most drugstore brands. This is why I will still would recommend the products to others and buy again. This product is reasonably priced and contains 6g / 0.21oz.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2008 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Mojie

I bought Korres' Quince Lip Butter hoping for a tinted lip balm that would really make a difference in my chronically dry lips while still being pretty and flattering.

The results ended up falling a little short of my expectations. The color in the tub (I hate dipping my fingers into a pot of tinted balm; it's unsanitary and gets under my nails) is a pink-coral-rose shade, very pretty and springy. On my medium-pigmented rosy lips, I get a sheer rose with a touch of coral. It's slightly shiny, not as intensely glossy as a true lip gloss, but more shiny than a regular lip balm. The scent is a nice, tropical fruity type scent, again, very springy/summery. It's bordering on being a little TOO fruity/sweet for me, but I tend to avoid food/fruit scented things that aren't actually food/fruit, so keep that in mind.

The downside was that this was nowhere near as moisturizing as I needed it to be. It felt nice on my lips and seemed to leave them feeling a little less parched while it was on, but there wasn't any long-term softening/smoothing and the lip butter seemed to wear off quickly.

PROS: (1) pretty, flattering color; (2) looks less made up than a regular lip gloss, making it perfect for a casual, but still polished look; (3) container has a small plastic insert to protect the lip butter from dust/dirt.

CONS: (1) unhygienic pot-style container; (2) not moisturizing enough; (3) wears off more quickly than I'd like.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2008 10:52:00 AM More reviews by Ruby2003

Quince in the Korres Lip Butter is more of a deep pink. It looks very natural on the lip as it is sheer.

Pros: Great consistancy, a touch of color and really keeps lips hydrated.

Cons: The tub! I hate sticking my finger in the jar. It would probably be best applied with an applicator or brush but its not convenient to tote one around. So the finger it is. Finger application looks fine too for the record its just I find it unsanitary.

Its a bit pricey at $9.00 but it is well worth it in my opinion.

I do love this product. Its just enough color & shine for me. I have it in 3 colors. Just wish it were in a tube of some kind.