Korres Lip Butter - Quince

4.1

Polybutene, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Hydroxystearic Acid, Polyethylene, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Tocopherol, Aroma (Flavor), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Chaenomeles Japonica Seed Extract, Oryza Sativa Cera (Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Linalool, Limonene, CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides)

on 7/26/2009 3:46:00 PM

Not only is this greasy and short lasting, the color is completely blah. After it wears off my lips are so dry I need a REAL lip moisturizer like Lobello. Took this back and got a refund.

This lip butter in Quince is a mlbb color. It isn't really shiny, but it isn't dull in the least. It has a nice feel on, not heavy like some lipsticks can be. I do feel it is moisturizing. A perfect product for when you want something, but not to much. I like to wear it when I am around the house or while I am teaching. Will definitly get another in the fall to keep in my desk.

on 6/22/2009 11:31:00 AM

Nice scent, feels nice, but I just find the pink to be too raspberry. It's got a lot of purple undertones in it and I was hoping for a nice, sheer pink, but no dice.

They need to make these more sheer, or with lighter colors.

on 4/28/2009 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Love this product. I love glosses but the problem is that some aren't moisturizing enough or the color is too much, etc. This is perfect. The color looks so natural. I will definately be buying this again.

on 4/8/2009 4:40:00 AM

Very impressed with this product. Whilst I agree with the previous reviewer that it's not particulary effective as a lip moisturiser per se (I wouldnt use this on chapped lips - 8 hr cream is my HG for that), I think that its title 'Lip butter' is pretty accurate. Basically it gives a pretty colour to your lips, that does feel quite buttery as opposed to glossy or creamy. I agree with another reviewer who said it makes lips look sexy and pouty. Not great lasting power but again not really a problem for me, I'm happy to just dab it on every so often - you dont really need a mirror either. The colour is a hot pink - I have yellow toned skin and think it looksgood against my skin - don't see any cool or purple tones in it as mentioned below. I like to wear this with just a pop of gel blusher high on the lips (MAC subtropical, sadly discontinued) and a clean eye with just a slick of mascara. I also like it with a nude, contoured cheek (Nars Zen). It's just great, low maintenance product for spring / summer. Definitely going to try more shades (Pomegranate next), especially at the bargain price of 6!

on 4/5/2009 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

As a lip treatment it wasn't bad but the problem is that this product floats between being a colour product and a treatment product and it doesn't do either particularly well.

The colour is not strong so if you want the pink to show you have to put a lot on, patting it on thickly.

The treatment side of things was ok but because it's not terribly long lasting it didn't help my lips much, keeps coming off quickly this balm.

I wasn't crazy about this colour as didn't find it made me look any better.

What i dislike most is that you have to keep putting your fingers in the product so it's unhygenic to use.

There is too much purple in the color for my yellow-toned skin, but this is otherwise a great product. Very moisturizing with a nice smell and inoffensive taste and nice color pay-off. Makes my lips look full and pouty and sexy without being glossy. I prefer this product in the "Pomegranate" color, though, since I have warm-toned skin, and Quince's purple-pink color is too cool-toned for me.

on 2/15/2009 8:10:00 AM

I am really impressed with this lip balm, it's very moisturising for a tinted balm, it smell fruity and the colour is a really sweet deep pink which really suits my PPP skintone. Looks great at the weekend for a casual look but I also wore it last night to go for a valentines meal and it was really pretty then too. And at 6 a pot I will be trying the other colours too!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

although it gives my lips a soft feel
i dont like the colour
im very dark, and it looks horrible!

on 1/27/2009 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Lovely product! This lip butter is really moisturizing and gives a tiny bit of colour. On me it's a MLBB shade, soft rosy/pink. It might show up more if you have less pigmented lips. This is long-lasting and keep lips soft and supple for hours without the need to re-apply. The scent/smell is light; fruity, but not at all sweet or cloying. Perfect for days when you want a natural look or something to complement dramatic eye makeup. The packaging is not great; it's a tiny jar/pot you have to stick your finger in. I'd much prefer a tube or a stick version. Korres say on their own website that they started out as a homeopathic pharmacy which I think is ridiculous; homeopathy has no scientific proof and offers false hope for people with health issues. That aside; some of the products in this line are well made; have a lot of natural content and are more environmentally friendly than most drugstore brands. This is why I will still would recommend the products to others and buy again. This product is reasonably priced and contains 6g / 0.21oz.

Popular Lip Treatments