October 21, 2014 | 1645 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by amandaraeca

I had to break it apart in order to use it, as the twisting comb at the bottom did nothing. Obviously a defect, but beyond that: This is completely overpriced!

I agree with whomever said it is much too waxy. If you need to define shape and not just fill in, this is not the product for you - if you're lucky enough to get a non-defective one.

The only pro I can think of is that the colour of the "Dark Brown" is truly perfect for those with extremely dark eyebrows (mine are coal black) to give some life to them.

This completely turned me off Maybelline products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I experimented with quite a few brow products in the past few months. None of them thrilled me. This didn't at first either but now I can't go without it. This goes on nicely, love the fine tip. Wish it had a spoolie instead of the little comb but I like that the packaging is green so it's easy to spot among my brushes.
I am NW10, medium auburn (dyed) & use Medium Brown. It does lean reddish but with my haircolor, it's *perfect*

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2012 7:09:00 PM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

PERFORMANCE: I have full eyebrows so I only use the pencil to lightly give me more definition. Maybelline's Medium Brown (similar to MACs Lingering) matches my eyebrows ok. It stays put for several hours. If I go over it with a brown powder, it lasts about 8 hours and looks more natural.

PRICE: This is too expensive! You pay about $7 for .001 grams. For you MAC fans, in this instance, MAC is a better value...for $14.50 you get .003 grams of the MAC pencil. That is 3 times as much! One would spend about $21 dollars to purchase 3 pencils to get as much product in a single MAC pencil. Plus, eyebrows pencils qualify as a Back to MAC product (6 empty containers are redeemable for a free full size lipstick.) For this reason, I would not purchase Maybelline's define-a-brow again.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Favorite, Holy grail eyebrow pencil! I keep trying to find a replacement for this (because it is kind of pricey as far as drugstore makeup goes) but I cannot find anything that comes close to this. The tip is very small, which I like. It allows for more precision. It also has a comb at the other end. (which I don't use because I barely have any brows as it is...but it works nicely as a lash comb in a pinch) Only complaint other than the price is that sometimes I'll get a dud where I twist it up and the tip keeps breaking off. I'm not sure if the product got cracked inside the tube or the product was defective and not as strong (hard) as it's supposed to be. It's highly annoying... especially when you don't get much product as it is.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 7:52:00 AM More reviews by lorwayk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This definitely enhances the look of my brows. I do need to use a brow brush to even it out..It goes on okay - it is just the first little swipe to get it going it seems ends up noticeable unless I brush it out. Then it looks perfect !

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Josie012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros:
None that I can think of

Cons:
Product is too waxy
Overpriced
Isn't very opaque
the comb was useless

I personally don't like this product at all.It was very waxy and lucid and because of that I had to repeatedly apply this product until the color showed. A lot of the time I felt like I was wasting my time putting extra effort into this product. I also feel that this product was very cheaply made and was overpriced. (FYI, I used the medium brown tone)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by RachelD9311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite drug-store brow pencil. The color payoff and lasting power are great and it comes in a pretty good variety of colors. My color is dark blonde and I pair it with my Maybelline Great Lash mascara in clear (as a brow gel). It is pretty affordable too and is easy to get your hands on (I bought mine from my local Wal-Mart). The appearance of the product is nice (I like that the cap is the color of the product) but I don't really ever use the eyebrow brush on the other end.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 2:38:00 AM More reviews by starfishnet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

To everyone dismayed with Maybelline discontinuing Define-A-Brow in Dark Brown, please check out the Maybelline Line Stylist eyeliner http://bit.ly/LineStylist.

I like my brow pencils waxy with sharp tips but hate sharpening the more traditional eye pencils where the pencil shortens overtime. While the retractable, sharpen free pencils are convenient, they get blunt tips. The Espresso shade is an exact dupe, without the joke comb. Apply with soft short strokes, it's like sketching in fine eyebrow hair. With it's fine tip, you can define a sharp tapered eyebrow tail. The packaging is similar to the more expensive Clinique Superfine Liner for Brows and Mac Eye Brows at 1/2 of the price. Caveat: It's 1/3 the quantity of Mac, 1/2 of Clinique. But, hey, if you're in a tight budget, this will do. I'm surprised that in the drugstore line of eye pencils, only Maybelline has this pencil in this packaging. The shade range in this line would be the darker spectrum for Define-A-Brow but they could expand the shade range to include a soft brown (Taupe Grey or Khaki Grey). But I'm happy just the same if they do not discontinue.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 3:57:00 AM More reviews by CBNegron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After using eyebrow powder for as long I can remember, I decided to try out a pencil. I heard good things about this, so I picked it up at Walgreens for about $7 or $8. I was slightly disappointed that the darkest color was in "Medium Brown" as I have almost black hair, but I was soon thankful, considering that had there been a darker option, I would probably have looked ridiculous.It has a twist-up package, but you cannot twist it back down. As far as the look of this, I loved it. Very precise, and the color was spot-on (warm, dark brown). A couple negatives, though, the product ran out VERY quickly; with daily use, I went through 2 of these in 1.5 months. Also, if you twisted it up slightly too much, it broke very easily. I will probably only repurchase this until I find something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by CheekyBo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have black hair and i have yet to find a HG eyebrow pencil. This one comes close though. My only complaint is how little product you get. I paid around $8 for this and it only lasted me about 2 months with not even using it everyday. It's like the same as buying a pricier eye pencil that will last me long since i would have to repurchase it every 2 months! With that said I think I would repurchase it again because it is very easy to use and the color is almost perfect for my black brows.