August 22, 2014 | 1187 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 1 of 5 on 12/7/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Josie012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros:
None that I can think of

Cons:
Product is too waxy
Overpriced
Isn't very opaque
the comb was useless

I personally don't like this product at all.It was very waxy and lucid and because of that I had to repeatedly apply this product until the color showed. A lot of the time I felt like I was wasting my time putting extra effort into this product. I also feel that this product was very cheaply made and was overpriced. (FYI, I used the medium brown tone)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by RachelD9311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my favorite drug-store brow pencil. The color payoff and lasting power are great and it comes in a pretty good variety of colors. My color is dark blonde and I pair it with my Maybelline Great Lash mascara in clear (as a brow gel). It is pretty affordable too and is easy to get your hands on (I bought mine from my local Wal-Mart). The appearance of the product is nice (I like that the cap is the color of the product) but I don't really ever use the eyebrow brush on the other end.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2012 2:38:00 AM More reviews by starfishnet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

To everyone dismayed with Maybelline discontinuing Define-A-Brow in Dark Brown, please check out the Maybelline Line Stylist eyeliner http://bit.ly/LineStylist.

I like my brow pencils waxy with sharp tips but hate sharpening the more traditional eye pencils where the pencil shortens overtime. While the retractable, sharpen free pencils are convenient, they get blunt tips. The Espresso shade is an exact dupe, without the joke comb. Apply with soft short strokes, it's like sketching in fine eyebrow hair. With it's fine tip, you can define a sharp tapered eyebrow tail. The packaging is similar to the more expensive Clinique Superfine Liner for Brows and Mac Eye Brows at 1/2 of the price. Caveat: It's 1/3 the quantity of Mac, 1/2 of Clinique. But, hey, if you're in a tight budget, this will do. I'm surprised that in the drugstore line of eye pencils, only Maybelline has this pencil in this packaging. The shade range in this line would be the darker spectrum for Define-A-Brow but they could expand the shade range to include a soft brown (Taupe Grey or Khaki Grey). But I'm happy just the same if they do not discontinue.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 3:57:00 AM More reviews by CBNegron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After using eyebrow powder for as long I can remember, I decided to try out a pencil. I heard good things about this, so I picked it up at Walgreens for about $7 or $8. I was slightly disappointed that the darkest color was in "Medium Brown" as I have almost black hair, but I was soon thankful, considering that had there been a darker option, I would probably have looked ridiculous.It has a twist-up package, but you cannot twist it back down. As far as the look of this, I loved it. Very precise, and the color was spot-on (warm, dark brown). A couple negatives, though, the product ran out VERY quickly; with daily use, I went through 2 of these in 1.5 months. Also, if you twisted it up slightly too much, it broke very easily. I will probably only repurchase this until I find something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by CheekyBo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have black hair and i have yet to find a HG eyebrow pencil. This one comes close though. My only complaint is how little product you get. I paid around $8 for this and it only lasted me about 2 months with not even using it everyday. It's like the same as buying a pricier eye pencil that will last me long since i would have to repurchase it every 2 months! With that said I think I would repurchase it again because it is very easy to use and the color is almost perfect for my black brows.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

I have already repurchased this twice. I previously owned the anastasia brown wiz & loved that until the pencil started falling out and I was po'd that I paid 20 something bucks for an item that just fell apart. Anyways! I decided to try this one out because I thought it would be pretty much similar. I actually like this better than anastasia. This one has held up really nice, and it doesn't hurt that the price isn't bad at all either. The look it provides is very natural, but use with a light hand because it can look over done if you keep drawing it on and on. I apply a little at a time then take the spooly that was off the anastasia brow wiz and brush it in. This leads me to why I gave the maybelline a 4. I despise the other end of the pencil. The comb sucks..seriously. It doesn't help blend in the lines at all on my eye brows, but I don't mind because I already have a spooly that I use. I would say give this a try if you're looking for a good eye brow pencil. Even when I sweat, this still stays on and doesn't run at all. When I go to take off my make up with make up wipes, I have to rub a little to get the product off my eye brows so I would consider that a good thing. I will be repurchasing again, but knowing me I'll probably get bored and want to try another eye brow pencil or eye brow powder,

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2012 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Mikeswife

Maybelline discontinued the Expert Eyes twin pack in Charcoal Gray, which was my HG eyebrow pencil. Of course they did! I read reviews and someone mentioned that this pencil in Dark Blonde was a good match for color.

Price--not bad. I think it was $5 at Target, although the Expert Eyes was half that for double the amount.

Color--Dark Blonde is more or less the same tone as Charcoal Gray--no red undertone. My hair is a very dark ash brown, so who knew Dark Blonde would be a good choice? As an aside, I am not a fan of using eyeshadow in my brows or anything liquid.

Packaging--this is my biggest complaint with this product. I absolutely loathe the twist up pencil. One of the benefits of the Expert Eyes pack was that you could sharpen the pencil as needed and I would use the side to fill in my brows with short strokes. The side application also, IMO, gave me good control over how much product I was applying. This doesn't require sharpening, but the point is pretty thin and using it anyway other than head on is close to impossible. The comb on the end is small and relatively useless too.

Would I buy it again--well, I'm kind-of backed into a corner here, because I have yet to find anything else in a pencil in this shade. So yes, but I'll hate doing it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by mzjade22

I fell for the hype on this one. I dont know what I was thinking! The pencil is so small, almost too small! I dont get a lot of payoff from the product, I have to go over my brows several times to get any pay off. Its a bit dry, and definitely wears off during the day. Ive found the way to remedy this is by also using a brow powder, but now whats the point of the pencil of I also have to use powder? Definitely should have trusted my instincts on this one. Ill probably use it all up but will not be repurchasing and will try to prevent any of my friends from making the same mistake.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by lciaravi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Come on now! This product is a huge joke. Because of the rave reviews , I did pick this up (don't remember for sure, but I do hope I got it on some kind of sale) ! Yes, it works fine on your eyebrows..a fairly dry pencil that applies cleanly and doesn't smudge. But --and am I the only one noticing this??--it is SO TINY!! The pencil in it is very short and it runs out in no time. Maybelline must be making a lot of $$$ on this one. Sure, it's nice and skinny which gives you control, but a good $1 pencil sharpener will do the same for a nice Rimmel eyebrow pencil. For the price, what you are getting here is truly ridiculous. WAKE UP, ladies!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 11:01:00 PM More reviews by hannahsim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I'm on my third pencil of this and I love it! My eyebrows are really thin and light blonde, so they practically disappear at one point. This pencil is a great size for my thin eyebrows and the color is perfect! Many people think it's my natural eyebrow color. I like the attached brush because it does help make my eyebrows look better. I would recommend this to anyone!