December 19, 2014 | 1231 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by borelfabulous

I use this paint pot every time I I just want to look a bit more alive. I just spread it all over my eyelid with my finger and a little bit of eyeliner and that's my all i need for the day. It's pretty creamy and nice to wear alone or as a base for regular shadows. Definitely try it out!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by BlueLaTifa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this product! It evens out the skin tone on my lids and on the brow bone. Perfect colour for my skin tone (MAC NC15/20). It makes my eye shadow last longer.

The only negative thing I can say is that it is a little bit dry, so I have to store it in my bathroom, where the temperature is warmer than in the bedroom (where I keep all my other makeup).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by o0oanh0o

I've used UDPP, Smashbox's eye primer, and Benefit's Stay Don't Stray. This is hands down the best eye primer out of them all. It creates a clean canvas for my eyeshadows and doesn't crease.

I'm definitely buying another one when I run out.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 12:53:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been a fan of MAC's Painterly for years and I finally decided to branch out and try Soft Ochre. I'm pleasantly surprised and really like this paint pot too. I find the yellow really does a better job of concealing the discolourations on my lids and like Painterly provided a smooth, creaseless, and matte canvass for my shadows.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by makesmesmile

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this as a primer for my eyes. You can see every single vein on my eyelids. I used to prime my eyelids with concealer, but Paint Pots are way better for priming.
I wanted a primer with a coverage. The Paint Pots just do a great job.
Soft Ochre covers all of my veins and neutralizes the redness of my eyelids. It never ever creases. Works great for me and I highly recommend it, unless you have oily eyelids!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Metraria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product really does live up to the hype. It's a truly excellent, can't-be-improved eye shadow base that never creases and keeps eye shadow in place for hours and hours--even at a wedding with lots of dancing! Plus, the product is quite opaque, providing a great color base for folks like me whose skin is light, but whose eye area has permanent dark circles. Just be warned that, although it's a godsend for my oily eyelids, it's definitely not for dry skin. It will accentuate flakes as well wrinkles. For myself, though, I really could not be happier with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by drchi73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This works great as an all over lid color. I just use my finger to sweep it over the entire eye area. It covers discolorations, and evens out the skintone on the lid. In a rush, this, plus eyeliner and mascara is enough for a neat, polished eye. No creasing on my oily lids even after 12 hours. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by kitten14

This paint pot truly is the perfect base for eyeshadow. I've only one other p.p. before this in the shade Artifact, and honestly it doesn't get that much use. I use my Soft Ochre nearly every day because I can tell the difference now on the days that I don't. It provides a flawltaess, smooth and even surface for your eyeshadow and I never have to worry about it fading or smudging with this on. I especially make sure to use it before using a liquid liner, even if I just wear my pp and liquid liner, it makes the liner stay all day without budging at all. I took a nap in my makeup and my liner was perfect with pp on underneath. I chose this shade in particular over any other neutral shade (there are quite a few) because this shade is completely matte, has a nice yellowish brightening tint and, because I have olive skin, this matched the best. I can get away with using it as concealer as well because it really matches my skin, but I prefer to use actual concealer instead. I think this is a great eyeshadow base especially if you just want to neutralize everything before eyeshadow but I honestly don't think it's that much better than NYX eyeshadow base in the skintone shade. This does keep your eyeshadow on longer but because it is somewhat drying. I would not use this if you have dry eyelids. In that case the NYX one would be a much better choice.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by jen314

My eyelids are very, very oily. When I use Soft Ochre, I usually use UDPP underneath, and then powder or eyeshadow on top. Even after those two extra steps, it still creases within an hour. Even within a few minutes you can tell where the fold is in my eyelid because that's where there will be no colour. You know how sometimes if you have a photocopy of something and you fold the paper so much in one crease that the ink wears off in that crease? Yeah, that's how my eyelids look. Except worse because then the pigments bunch up right above/below the fold area where there is no more product left. Bah!
I looooove the colour and how pigmented the paint pot is, but the consistency and staying power makes it impossible for me to wear this to any special occasion. If I didn't have such oily lids, I would love this product because it completely covers up the veins and purpleness of my eyelids. Sigh.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by makeupphd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is not a primer- it is an eyeshadow base. there is a difference. had I known that, I would not have purchased this product. I know ppl here say thie works just as good as UDPP or TFSI, but it doesnt. if this works for you as a base, then the truth is you don't have oily enough lids to NEED a primer. I do. Although I liked the coverage of this product and although it was useful in enhancing the color pay-off of my neutral eyeshadow shades, it totally creased when I did not put a primer on underneath. it became an annoying extra step. I still have it and use it here and there to try and get some money's worth out of it, but I prefer the UDPP in eden to this. Eden is both a base and primer that matches the color of soft ochre so I save the application time (which is handy on mornings I'm trying to rush out of my house!).

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No