October 2, 2014 | 987 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Soft Ochre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 8:46:00 AM More reviews by drchi73

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This works great as an all over lid color. I just use my finger to sweep it over the entire eye area. It covers discolorations, and evens out the skintone on the lid. In a rush, this, plus eyeliner and mascara is enough for a neat, polished eye. No creasing on my oily lids even after 12 hours. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2011 8:52:00 AM More reviews by kitten14

This paint pot truly is the perfect base for eyeshadow. I've only one other p.p. before this in the shade Artifact, and honestly it doesn't get that much use. I use my Soft Ochre nearly every day because I can tell the difference now on the days that I don't. It provides a flawltaess, smooth and even surface for your eyeshadow and I never have to worry about it fading or smudging with this on. I especially make sure to use it before using a liquid liner, even if I just wear my pp and liquid liner, it makes the liner stay all day without budging at all. I took a nap in my makeup and my liner was perfect with pp on underneath. I chose this shade in particular over any other neutral shade (there are quite a few) because this shade is completely matte, has a nice yellowish brightening tint and, because I have olive skin, this matched the best. I can get away with using it as concealer as well because it really matches my skin, but I prefer to use actual concealer instead. I think this is a great eyeshadow base especially if you just want to neutralize everything before eyeshadow but I honestly don't think it's that much better than NYX eyeshadow base in the skintone shade. This does keep your eyeshadow on longer but because it is somewhat drying. I would not use this if you have dry eyelids. In that case the NYX one would be a much better choice.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by jen314

My eyelids are very, very oily. When I use Soft Ochre, I usually use UDPP underneath, and then powder or eyeshadow on top. Even after those two extra steps, it still creases within an hour. Even within a few minutes you can tell where the fold is in my eyelid because that's where there will be no colour. You know how sometimes if you have a photocopy of something and you fold the paper so much in one crease that the ink wears off in that crease? Yeah, that's how my eyelids look. Except worse because then the pigments bunch up right above/below the fold area where there is no more product left. Bah!
I looooove the colour and how pigmented the paint pot is, but the consistency and staying power makes it impossible for me to wear this to any special occasion. If I didn't have such oily lids, I would love this product because it completely covers up the veins and purpleness of my eyelids. Sigh.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by makeupphd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is not a primer- it is an eyeshadow base. there is a difference. had I known that, I would not have purchased this product. I know ppl here say thie works just as good as UDPP or TFSI, but it doesnt. if this works for you as a base, then the truth is you don't have oily enough lids to NEED a primer. I do. Although I liked the coverage of this product and although it was useful in enhancing the color pay-off of my neutral eyeshadow shades, it totally creased when I did not put a primer on underneath. it became an annoying extra step. I still have it and use it here and there to try and get some money's worth out of it, but I prefer the UDPP in eden to this. Eden is both a base and primer that matches the color of soft ochre so I save the application time (which is handy on mornings I'm trying to rush out of my house!).

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by rayoflight121

This works just as well as UDPP for me. It doesn't crease and keeps my eyeshadows looking fresh all day. I also like that it evens out my eyelid color. Without this, the even the best eyeshadows only last an hour max on me.

Ref: NC25

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 4:21:00 AM More reviews by ArmyFiancee

I love this product by MAC and still use it to this day. I believe it costs around $17.50 at your local MAC counter and on their website. I feel that the price is a little much and if I could find a cheaper alternative to this I would for sure stop purchasing it. But until then, I'll buy it. I use this as an eyeshadow base, undereye concealer and a regular concealer and it works amazing for me in that way. I wouldn't suggest using it for the undereye if you have wrinkles/fine lines because it will settle into them and make them stand out more. It leaves your lids a tad bit tacky but I love that because it holds your eyeshadow on like crazy! I do feel like most department store makeup is overpriced so I purchase those items whenever I want to treat myself but only if I know that it's going to be something that I know will work, be worth all the money and that I can use almost every day.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

I have this crazy idea of branching out for eyeshadow primer. I am using UD primer potion and got tired of it. I wanted something new to try. So I bought this. It creases like crazy with eyeshadow on top. I might just use it to even out my eyelids when I don't want to use eyeshadows. I have very oily eyelids and nothing works except UD primer potion. Too Faced ones separates in the tube.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Only got a sample but will buy full size
Colour: pale yellow-toned beige
Finish: matte
Texture: buttery
It dries in a flash and doesn't look cakey. I was looking for a base for non-yellow-based e/s. There's minimal creasing by the end of the day.
Really great skin-toned base for fair to medium skintones, I guess. Will try Painterly for comparison

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by Olive143

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I needed an eyelid primer because I wanted the true color of my eyeshadows to show. I've never owned a primer and wanted to see if there was a difference. Now, I can never be without! Soft Ochre is opaque and has a concealer like consistancy. I've never used a primer before and noticed my eyeshadows do not stay on very long. I'm pleased with the results! Sometimes I go without any color on my lids and just use this for the brightening effect. I also have Rubenesque Paint Pot which gives me just enough warmth and love! I like to use that when I'm applying shades like MAC's All That Glitters. I imagine that the jar will last a very long time as you need only a little bit on each application. How clever of MAC to put a product out like this. I use my Paint Pots daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 12:01:00 PM More reviews by 9Chickweed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I'd buy this again in a heartbeat. I've had mine for well over a year now and fortunately it hasn't dried out at all. I use this everyday before my eye makeup to even out my eyelid skintone and primer. For reference, I'm NC35. A little bit goes a long way!