December 22, 2014 | 1823 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Carybear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yup Yup! I like castor oil too.
A few years ago I went thru a bout of prolonged TE and the hairline area never really came back strong and thick. I'd seen a lot of videos on YouTube that talked about using castor oil to regrow "edges" (it seems it was mostly women of color who used Castor oil for this reason, I guess due to cornrows and tight styles) and well, it's my "edges" that weren't filling in.
I had all this silly, vellus-like hair that was like peach fuzz where good strong dark strands should have been. I thought "what have I got to lose?" and so I applied castor oil every other night to my hairline and temples for the last 2 weeks. So far, the light wimpy hairs have become darker and thicker! The area looks as if it's getting stronger and might grow better quality hair!
So I have been applying it to my eyelashes. I am a big fan of Mavala Double lash, but I am beginning to realize a lot of brush on, non-hormone eye lash serums contain castor oil! I can't afford to buy Double Lash anymore so I am trying castor oil. 2 weeks in, it's just as great as Double lash, if not better.
Today, after washing my face I put a little bit of castor oil on my face as a moisturizer since my skin is super reactive and gets red, I get irritation bumps, and painful welts.
I don't know how putting it on my face will go but I did it because my forehead in the places on my hairline where I apply the CO seems so smooth and hydrated.
I'll let you know how it goes. I think...I think Castor oil is HG material. WE SHALL SEE :D

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 8:45:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I have the Home & Health version that I bought at the vitamin shoppe, (but you can pretty much find this anywhere). I learned very quickly that if you are planning on using this for your hair, this oil NEEDS to be mixed with another oil or something. Because on its own...this is EXTREMELY thick & goopy to be applied directly to hair. I mostly use this for my eyebrows & eyelashes though. I dip a Q-tip into this oil, & directly apply it gently on my eyelashes & sparse areas of my eyebrows every night, before I go to sleep. Surprisingly, (with this being as thick as it is), in the morning I am not greasy, & my skin around my eyes is moisturized...& no break outs! I have been using this method for a while, & I have noticed a difference in eyebrow/eyelash hair growth & overall, health. This does really stimulate my hair to grow, but it is by no means a "miracle worker." You have to use this for a while to be able to see a result, but you WILL notice a difference eventually. It also makes my eyelashes grow out longer & they are glossier/shinier. This is about $8.99, but the bottle is big & you need very little...so this will last forever. This is a great, natural beauty product & I will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by natmc13

I plucked my eyebrows a few years ago really thin an they never grew back even when i left them. I was recommended to try Castor oil which i bought off Amazon for £3;80 and i had full thick brows within 3months! All i done was smooth it all over the brow area every night before i went to bed and washed it off in the morning. Also it is good to use on eyelashes but be careful it doesnt go in your eyes as it can be abit gloopy and also good for fine lines on your face x

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by kc3angel

I think I want to just add one small thing to the other reviews. Castor oil in addition to growing hair and all that good stuff actually helps to even out your skin tone. I've been trying to get rid of some dark scars I've had for years, however in my attempts to do that, it made my skin tone very uneven (I was literally wearing three shades of foundation). I started using Castor oil every night for the past month. My skin has evened out a lot (to the point where I can wear one shade if I choose). Sometimes I mix it with my moisturizer for during the day and surprisingly the level of shine that I get by day end has significantly reduced. (I have combination skin).

I bought it on a whim at first, but I definitely use it and I honestly would recommend it.(Just bought another bottle today!) The scent is not the best, but it's not overpowering.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by kpo987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've had light thin brows my entire life that I never paid attention to save for the occasional tweezing, but about a few months ago I realized that they weren't that great and went to get them professionally waxed. There was only so much that the lady who waxed them could do because they are really straight across and very light, so even though she waxed all the strays it made little difference in how it looked. In my quest to find something that would help I was recommended castor oil. I've only been using it for a week so far, so once I've been using it longer I'll update, but my initial reaction is that it's ok. It's made out like it's this miracle oil in the reviews, and I'm just not seeing that. It's early days though. I think the most difference it's made is in my eyelashes, because I put some on my lashes at night when I put it on my brows. My eyelashes were already pretty long, but now when I curl them and put mascara on they almost reach my eyebrows.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by lrachel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use NOW brand castor oil and I will buy it again and again and again. I have not (nor will I) bought the stuff they sell near the laxatives. I stick with the pure kind. Still dirt cheap (I think I paid $6-8 for a big bottle).

Excellent results:
Eyebrows - my eyebrows have been thin on the outer 1/3 for years. It began with a hormonal imbalance and they just never grew back. Eyebrow pencil and I are likethis. Enter castor oil. I don't have luscious, thick, perfect brows.......but it's made a remarkable difference. I could even skip the pencil (I don't, but I could and that's the important part).

Hands - I stumbled on this one. I use lotion a TON and figured my hands were well moisturized. I was clearly wrong. I started using castor oil on my hands at night. Yes, it's thick, but it's not hard to spread. And the changes in my hands have been big. They look....and I kid you not......at least 5-10 years younger. Young, smooth, supple looking. My cuticles are healthy and soft. It's very impressive.

Good results:
Eyelashes - I don't notice new growth really. But what has happened is that I lose fewer lashes which has helped then get slightly thicker since they stay around longer. I HAVE noticed growth, which has been fun to witness. I've been using it nightly (I put one small drop on my finger and use that both for my lash line and my eyebrows) for about 6-8 weeks. I would guess I saw growth around week 3.

Under eyes - I read several articles about using castor oil under eyes and its ability to reduce under eye circles. I have used it and yes, my eyes DID look good the next day. But I am too leery of how thick it is to continue. It just seems like it would be too much for such delicate skin. Perhaps I'll mix it with something, but I have other undereye products I like better that aren't as heavy.

No results:
Scalp - I did try this on my scalp to try and help with thin spots (mostly in my bangs and along part.....I know, it's awesome). I ended up giving up after about 4 weeks. I just could not stand the heaviness of the oil on my scalp and roots of my hair. I did not notice any growth.

I love this stuff. LOVE it.

33 out of 34 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by sivadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This truly did fill in a gap in one of my eyebrows that I'd had for 5+ years.

In the past I've been guilty of over-tweezing my brows. For the past couple years I have been wearing my eyebrows fuller, but one area on my left eyebrow never grew back. It looked like I had a piercing scar.

I've been applying castor oil to my eyebrows, focusing on that one area in particular, and after one month the gap has grown in. I no longer have a gap! Also, my eyebrows are thicker in general now, and slightly darker. I had very blonde brows so darker brows is definitely a plus for me.

I now have strong, shapely eyebrows. I don't have to use a brow liner anymore!

I highly recommend this, it's dirt cheap, and despite having acne-prone skin, it didn't break me out. I was very careful when applying it though, limiting it to the eyebrow area and not on the forehead or eyelids.

20 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 11:50:00 PM More reviews by Itsfatoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has really helped my dry hair, particularly the tips of my hair but before I get into that Ill state a few points about my self and products I've use. First off, I'm middle eastern with medium to thin hair strands/type and am on a mission to grow my hair long. Since January 2013 I've been religiously taking 1 vitamin pill, biotin, 2 omega 3 pills daily (side note : this also gave life to my skin; glow). I have also been eating healthier. Both these factors have enhanced the healthiness of my hair and assisted with growth. But what held me back from growth was constant splitting and breakage of hair due to dryness. I was perplexed to why I was having this problem even after I regularly applied almond and coconut oil. Oddly enough, I noticed that my hair was more dry on days I used these products, therefore, I discontinued and switched to my new found glory- castor oil. I dampen my hair with water then apply this oil on the tips of my hair daily ( I hardly go out nowadays) or all over it and voila, my hair is moisturized and softer than ever (mA). I also do a hot oil treatment with CO once a week( it's messy to wash out but so worth it). Also, this slightly made my eyelashes grow. BE PATIENT AND CONSISTENT!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by cyberhd

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Castor Oil really works! I was using eyelash serums for a couple of years from different brands. Some expensive some not so much. Eyelash serums do work, it made my short, poker straight Asian lashes, very long, it touched my brow bone after I curl and apply mascara. I was awesome, looked like I was wearing false lashes. Then I ran out of my favorite lash serum which was Maximum Lash and its discontinued :(. And my lashes looked so horrible after I ran out of the serum. I lost the length & volume, I was so sad.
So I was looking for a cheaper alternative and I found Castor Oil here on Makeupalley and all the positive reviews. I thought, it's worth a try its cheap enough. I got mine from Walmart of $3.00 for a 6oz bottle, which is huge compared to the lash serums I was buying before.
I started applying CO in my brows and lashes every night for 3 weeks now. I have an empty mascara bottle that I cleaned out very well and fill it with CO. I use a Qtip to clean up excess. My brows are now filling in, I am seeing new growth. And my lashes is now fuller and growing longer. I have more hair on my bottom lashes now too. I'm so happy with the results and I will be using this non-stop until I'm too old to even care about my lashes LOL. I will update in a couple of months.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Melzgz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Castor oil is AMAZING! After one week I saw dramatic growth in my once sparse eyebrows. And I haven't even tried the organic version yet! After visiting my threading lady and complaining of my poor eyebrows she suggested buying castor oil and brushing it on at bedtime in the opposite direction of the hair growth. After ONE week I have eyebrow hair growing in places I didn't even know they could grow! I'm talking years of blank patches filling in! I also brush my eyelashes and lash line with a q-tip dipped in castor oil and on the seventh day of doing this I have the tiniest baby hairs sprouting up a little above my lashline! After I bought the castor oil I researched its purposes and began using it 50/50 with coconut oil as a oil cleansing method. I have terribly sensitive skin that dries out to almost everything and is oily the majority of the time, especially my T-zone. Every night I dabbed a small amount in my fingertips, warmed it up with them and massaged my face for about 5 minutes. Then place a really warm wash cloth over my face until it reaches room temperature and repeat the process 5 or so times. Immediately I notice small particles being purged out of my pores! After the 5 or so cycles I wipe the remaining oil off with the wash cloth. My skin has started to become super smooth and many of my oversized pores are closing up. This is after one week people. It's like I can feel my skin saying thank you! I don't feel the need to use primer and bronzer/foundation because my skins been feeling so great this past week I don't even feel the need to cover it! And I don't want to put more garbage on it anymore - my face and I are beginning a new relationship!! And me and my skin have had a rough life! I can't believe I went my entire teenage and early twenties without knowledge of this lol! Overall I'm totally in love castor oil is such a beautiful home remedy and I recommend it to everyone. It works best when warmed, and as a hair mask on hair that is damp.

20 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No