November 28, 2014 | 1785 users online

Powder - Maybelline - Mineral Power Powder Foundation

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by destinystylinson

I cannot describe my hatred towards this foundation!!! This product made my skin:
- Extremely dry
- Peel
- RED!!
- Tight
- Breakout! :(
- Irritated

A few days ago, I decided to give this foundation a try, so I applied it to my face in the morning before going to uni. BAD DECISION! For the entire day, all I could think about was this foundation creating aggressive acne on my face!! My face was as red as a tomato (most likely due to the aggravation) and it felt dirty! All I wanted to do all day was to come home and wash it off!! I haven't worn it since, and I have no intentions to. I am now using Neutrogena Skin Clearing Oil-Free Liquid Makeup which is great!! For acne sufferers, I recommend trying the Neutrogena Skin Clearing Makeup....but please, stay clear from the Maybelline mineral foundation!

So to sum it all up:
TO ALL THOSE PEOPLE WITH ACNE PRONE, COMBINATION / DRY SKIN, I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT!!! HOWEVER, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ACNE PRONE SKIN AND YOUR FACE IS RATHER OILY, I DO RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT! :)

Hope this helped!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by godudicas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a love hate relationship with this product, but I always find myself coming back to it. I'll make a list from my experiences and let you guys decide:

PROS
- great coverage
- doesn't look cakey
- it's a mineral foundation so it doesn't break me out or clog pores
- easy to apply
- cheap compared to other mineral foundations
- doesn't make my skin even more oily than it already is (which is what some foundations can do to me)
- has good staying power
- good foundation to wear on a day to day basis

CONS
- all the colors are way too pink for my NC skin, especially when I'm tan
- although it doesnt make me oilier it doesn't control oil either
- it can be messy (however this wasn't a problem for me as I prefer loose powders)
- if you have dry patches it can get caught in the flakes and really accentuate them (haha sounds gross but it's true)
- the brush that comes with it is the worst thing in the world so don't even bother attempting to apply it with that

Overall I've found that the pros outweigh the cons for me personally which is why I keep coming back too it (even though i have to be really careful when applying it so my face isnt pinker than my body). I would also love a foundation that controlled oil better but for the price it certainly does more than what expected

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by eccentricgogo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the product I wear for a regular day. It gives good medium coverage, doesn't cake up or flake, and doesn't make me look like I'm wearing makeup. I don't get blemishes anymore but I have some spots of hyperpigmentation on my right cheek. It doesn't completely cover them but it greatly reduces them and I don't mind if a little bit shows if I'm not doing anything important. It does a pretty good job controlling oil (although blotting papers are a must if you're going to be out for many hours and have oily skin like I do) and lasts for awhile. The brush it comes with is pointless and stiff though, I use a softer powder brush

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by sydneythekidd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

To the bone I am a liquid-foundation girl, however, because of my (then) new job I really enjoyed the idea of a buff and go routine that looked natural. This stuff does look natural, but for me, a tad bit dry-looking and because of this, I wouldn't repurchase. It has a decent amount of coverage and an okay staying power, but for me doesn't cut the mustard. I would however recommend trying it if you are a fan of loose powder or lighter foundations!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by XpugsX

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried tonnes of mineral powder foundations ranging from high end to dirt cheap. Maybelline is one of the cheaper ones that I have tried and yet it is one of the best! I wear this regularly over La Roche Posay Anthelios 60+ sunscreen. If you check my reviews, you will find some of my reviews of powder foundations and I always use the same base underneath and the same skincare routine. For this reason, I think I can give a fairly accurate review of how the foundation works. I purchased this in Light (02) Ivory as this is the lightest colour available in Australia. I applied it using the Nude by Nature kabuki brush as the brush supplied by Maybelline was next to useless! Even though there is no discernible glitter or sparkle in this foundation, it does leave your skin looking dewy and glowy, but not in that nasty shiny way. It just looks healthier. The colour and effect stayed true on me all day. The makeup did not oxidise and it did not change colour. I don't know if I would call this ivory, but it still suited my pale skin very well. The other nice thing about this foundation is the comfort factor. I was not aware of it on my skin and some mineral powder foundations can get a bit itchy. I'm not sure if this is a true "mineral" foundation as I'm pretty sure they have added some unnatural stuff to it, but I don't really care because it's just a really good foundation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Kkate142

I like this, I don't hate it yet love it. It works fine on my normal skin, so I would not know how it asorbs oil. It is very finely milled. Feels nice and stays until I want to take it off.2 things I dislike about this is the packaging is somewhat a pain, but I have time so it doesnt make that big of a difference, but the big problem is the shade matching for Maybelene products, I bouught this in about 3 shades to dark, but the package matched my skin and I turned a weird color, so pick it in 1 or 2 shades darker than usaual.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by gleamyeyes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this mineral powder! It doesn't leave the face sparkly like one of the mineral powders I've tried. It's coverage is amazing, it's like wearing foundation but without they wet gooey feeling foundation always leaves me with even if I set it. The only thing I don't like is the brush it comes with, it's so hard to clean compared to my other brushes. I had to wash it for a full 10+ minutes to get all the powder off of it. Not fun. And the brush has hard bristles that scrape at my face when I apply it. Bottom line: The brush is horrible, get your own. And, the powder is absolutely amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by TiffD

I was trying to find a relatively inexpensive mineral poweder that did not contain talc. I cannot believe how many so called "mineral" powders there are out there that contain talc! Sure, talc is a mineral but it is a very unhealthy, irritating one that no true mineral powder should contain.
So I found this one and decided to try it out. I think it cost about $6.50 at my local shoprite. For the price it worked pretty well. It has light to medium coverage and did a good job of covering up most of my light acne scars. However, it comes off so easily; even if I rub my nose a little you can see where the powder came off. Also, the brush is horrible to use as a foundation/powder applicator. Its bristles, though natural, are stiff and I feel like the powder doesn't stick to them very well and just gets wasted. Instead I use a very soft, also natural, eco tools brush.

Another thing I did not like very much about this product is that it does not control oil very well. The area around my nose tends to become a bit oily and it shows up even an hour after applying this powder. This might be a good product to use in the winter when my skin is dry, but definitely not for the summer.

Overall, a decent product for the price, but I do not think I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 3:30:00 AM More reviews by atroquinine

This product is ridiculously good for the price. As far as mineral powder goes this pretty much does all it promises and costs practically nothing. I easily found my shade and the coverage is about medium. It doesn't accentuate pores at all (and I have large ones) and doesn't look cakey. Overall one of the best drugstore products, and so cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by galcapsfan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation! I like it better then liquid foundation for sure, and it can be used in a multitude of ways. Of course, the normal way just tap some into the lid and dust it on, you can use a tinted moisturizer and use this as a setting powder, or you could mix this into you moisturizer and create a tinted moisturizer! The only thing I do have to say with the last option is when I did it, it came out darker then what the color really is, so I will probably be using that during the summer. You don't fell like you are wearing any makeup at all, you skin just looks better! The only thing is moisturize before you put it on if you have dry skin (I have dry combination skin). Other then that I would definitely recommend this!
The only thing is that the lid sometimes feels like it is either not screwed on right, or its not on track, ect.