April 17, 2014 | 1472 users online

Powder - Maybelline - Mineral Power Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by galcapsfan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation! I like it better then liquid foundation for sure, and it can be used in a multitude of ways. Of course, the normal way just tap some into the lid and dust it on, you can use a tinted moisturizer and use this as a setting powder, or you could mix this into you moisturizer and create a tinted moisturizer! The only thing I do have to say with the last option is when I did it, it came out darker then what the color really is, so I will probably be using that during the summer. You don't fell like you are wearing any makeup at all, you skin just looks better! The only thing is moisturize before you put it on if you have dry skin (I have dry combination skin). Other then that I would definitely recommend this!
The only thing is that the lid sometimes feels like it is either not screwed on right, or its not on track, ect.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Glamgirl160

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a fantastic product! It give medium coverage with a smooth matte finish ( but you still get a nice glow since it's mineral make up ). The brush provided is pretty good as well. You have to apply this foundation slowly though cause if you rush the brush can pick up alot at once and then most of it ends up in the air/ on your clothes/ etc. So only apply a lil bit at a time!

I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 because it's extremely lightweight, and can fall off your face easily. I would highly recommend putting on a primer or moisturiser before using this product

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 1:52:00 AM More reviews by widdersyns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm not an expert on foundation, so I can't go down the list of why I love this one so much. All I know is, it is the only foundation I have ever used that doesn't look flaky on me, and it is cheap, so I love it. It gives silky, even coverage with a fairly matte finish, and the included brush is actually pretty nice. I would definitely recommend it. If you end up not liking it, you're out less than 10 dollars, so it's not much of a gamble.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 10:36:00 PM More reviews by alisaabby

I'm surprised to see all the negative reviews about this! When I first bought this, it took me a while to get my right color. At first, it was orange and then to light and once I got it just right, it is AMAZING! I have oily skin and I do have blemish's that I cover. I put a base under it, but this powder made my skin look flawless with it's finishing powder. I have not stopped using this for the past year, I absolutely love it. I use the CM professional brushes to apply it with, I admit the Kabuki brush that comes with it sucks! I give them to my 4 year old sister every time I get one. But overall, this product is AMAZING! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2012 5:39:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

I was looking for a cheaper alternative mineral foundation to bareMinerals and decided to try out Maybelline's mineral foundation since I was fond of that brand's other products. However, as with most drugstore foundations it was very hard to find a color match for me in this foundation. The closest I could get to my skintone at the time I tried this was in Light 4/Nude. Although it matched the light-medium shade, it had too warm/orange of an undertone for my yellow tones. The next lightest shade I tried, Light 3/Natural Ivory, was too cool/pink. Those with golden/yellow undertones such as myself are out of luck in this line of drugstore mineral foundations unless they tan into a more orange shade. Luckily, Light 4/Nude did work out for during the summer when I did tan.

Shade selection aside, I loved the foundation's finish. While bareMinerals' original foundation has a dewy finish, Maybelline's mineral foundation is semi-matte, which is nice for combo and oily skin types without dulling the skin too much. However, on few occasions I felt itchy on my face wearing this and I wonder if it may be linked to the foundation's micro-minerals? Or mixing with sweat throughout the day, since this has decent lasting power on the primer I had at the time (Victoria's Secret VS PRO Airbrush FX Face Primer).

As much as I loved the finish of this foundation and how affordable it was compared to bareMinerals, I just couldn't find a good color match since this line swings to either too cool or too warm for me. And the brush is useless; it felt too scratchy so I threw it out and applied this with an e.l.f. Studio Complexion Brush instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by clumpedmascara

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the honey beige medium. What I didn't like about this was the color, Maybelline just doesn't work for yellow undertones! The color was a lot like my experience w/ the Dream Matte Mousse, which I purchased in the same color. The color was the same peachy/orange/tan. To me, it seemed like the longer this was setting on my face the worse the color would get :( What I did like is that it didn't make my face oily and gave pretty good coverage. I also thought the price was decent, I only bought this for a science project haha. I also wouldn't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2012 1:29:00 PM More reviews by smittenelle

Okay, so I'm on my fifth day so far, and overall...my favorite make up so far.

How it worked for me:
- a good kabuki brush. I use the flat top ecotools kabuki, it's amazing and cheap.
- A good primer. CREAMY, NOT LIQUID. It needs something to stick to. At first I tried using it with my L'oreal Magic Lumi primer, that wasn't a smart idea at all. It made my pores look huge (you could SEE black spots on my nose, and I never had problems with my nose) and my skin feel tight and stiff. So I bought Hard Candy's Skin Perfecting Primer and that did the trick for my oily/combination skin.
- The right steps. Wash, toner, moisturizer, spot treatment (if needed), primer, concealer, and then mineral make up. If you have good skin as is, you can probably skip a few of those, but I find it worked best for me when my face was freshly cleaned.

And that's basically it. The packaging could be better because there isn't a very large amount of product, but I don't mind, it's better than the $13-$20 mineral make ups available online that come in tiny, tiny cubes. This is just $10 and it works perfect. It gives AMAZING COVERAGE with the right primer. Also, I noticed a difference in my skin right away. I'm not breaking out, which is a miracle for me, and I don't have to reapply or touch up ten times a day. I've barely touched my oil sheets. This is the first mineral make up I've tried so far, and I'm very pleased. I've found what works for me and doesn't irritate my skin one bit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i've got this in pure beige.it goes well with my neutral/olive skintone! It blends really well,it last verry long,it creates a nice finish! I blend this mineral powder with my ecotools bronzer brush. It's verry easy to use,no mess and it's enought light without being cakey! It looks verry natural! I complete it with a beautiful bronzer and a blush! Perfect for summer! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by jml598

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this mineral powder. It DOES run very dark so I had to purchase 3 different shades until i ended up with one that fit my skin tone, however, I plan to use the darker shades in summer. This powder gives me a nice glow and evens out my skin tone with medium coverage. It can settle into fine lines if over applied, so what I do is use a concealer for blemishes, cover my entire face with regular powder, then I apply the mineral powder foundation. Applying it this way gives me a smooth finish and it doesnt settle into my fine lines. The brush it comes with is no good, so I use my own powder brush. I have also found that my combination, acne-prone face looks even better as the day goes on! And this has SPF 18, and NO powdery white sheen which Ive experienced with other mineral foundations!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by MegsSmiley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use it as a finishing powder after I put on my liquid foundation. It gives a really nice finish, and it doesn't oxidize. The only problems I have with it is its packaging. Sometimes too much powder comes out and I lose a lot of product. Also, its staying power isn't that great. I have to re-apply it during the day. Other than those cons, I think it's a great powder.