Too Faced Shadow Insurance

4.2

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG 40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499)

on 5/24/2014 3:32:00 PM

I have oily eyelids and I used to use the Urban Decay primer potion but it stopped working and after over a year of using this I can say it is the best for my eyes! A little goes along way and it has lasted me forever

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Greasy greasy greasy. I don't know if I got an old one or something but it was soooo greasy and disgusting. I was practically cringing when I put it on. I only bought it cause my sephora was out of urban decays primer potion. I thought it would be good considering it got great reviews. I'll use it until it's gone but won't buy again.

on 5/8/2014 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I wouldn't recommend this primer for water eyes. I always have trouble finding an primer or base for my watery and oily eyelids. This primer does make my eyeshadow more vibrant but I just don't find it last long. After 2 hours I see fading and creasing no matter what eyeshadow I use. I wouldn't repurchase.

on 5/8/2014 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I didn't purchase it... I just asked for a sample from Sopher after I bought the NARS's one... I just want to have a try and find a better eye primer than NARS... however, this one really disappoint me... I have hooded eyes... so maybe it's not its fault... however, compared to the NARS one which keep my eyelines holding for about 5 hours... My eyelines smudged in 2 hours after I applied the Too Faced's one...== No.. not for oily hooded eyes...

on 4/30/2014 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've have been using this primer for well over two years. The tube costs $20 but lasts forever! I already bought a second backup. This is the best eyeshadow primer I have ever used. It doesn't help my eyeshadow go on more vibrant per se, but there definitely is no creasing.

on 4/29/2014 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have very oily eyelids, and this primer works like a dream. One tube has lasted me well over a year, as it only takes a tiny drop per eyelid.

on 4/18/2014 6:24:00 AM

Just adding my 2 cents worth to the zillions of other people buying, using and enjoying this product. The tube size does seem small for the amount this costs (if you are from Aussie or NZ and can't buy Too Faced products direct from their site or too lazy to use Youshop etc you will know what I mean - I found this on BeautyBay) but you really only need the tiniest amount to cover each eyelid. I bought this back in Nov 12 and we're still chugging along together. I do alternate with other primer potions though.

Thin, creamy formula goes on smoothly and does the job of holding eye shadow in place all day and keeping them true to colour. I also have Nars, UD primer Potion and Lorac and find all comparable to Shadow Insurance and seem to work as well as each other,.

When Iv'e exhausted everything in my stash I would willingly repurchase Shadow Insurance.

on 4/13/2014 10:44:00 PM

Why have I waited so long before trying this gem?! I have oily eyelids (shadow, liner, all smudged within a few hours.) I've tried the Urban Decay primer potion (both in original and anti-aging, it was lackluster at best) and the NARS smudge proof eyeshadow base (this I loved but the cost deterred me from making a repeat purchase.) Then I picked up this up last week. It's $24 CAD for 0.35oz in a squeeze tube. I use the smallest amount then pack on Wet N Wild brulee (matte nude shade for my NC30 skin) and finally one of my UD liners from the Ocho Loco set. My liner is flawless after 12 hours. This is my one and only, I don't even want to try other eye primers. HG status. If you can, get a sample from your Sephora to try it.

on 4/9/2014 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Works for me! Expensive but works. Probably won't repurchase because of the cost. Found a dupe from ruby kisses

I was an avid MAC make up girl for years and I ventured to Sephora after the eye primer at MAC stopped working for me. I purchased this first based on the SA recommendation. It didn't work for me....my entire eyelid would be creased after a few hours and it looked greasy too. I used so many different combos to try and make it work....face primer on my lids, no face primer, light powder before the eye primer, no primer but nothing worked for me. I returned it to Sephora after testing various combos for about two weeks and finally resorting that it just wasn't my product. I've heard good things about this product but it just didn't work for me sadly.