October 23, 2014 | 1164 users online

Eye Primer - Too Faced - Shadow Insurance

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this product twice, once when I got a sample, and a second time when I decided to purchase it and give it another try. I have very oily skin and I found that this eye primer made my eyeshadow crease very badly, very quickly. I am better off using no primer on my eyelids than using this product because it creases so badly.
I regularly use the MAC Paint Pot in Painterly and I have no problems with creasing or shadow wearing off. I would never re-purchase or recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2013 3:24:00 AM More reviews by Valwaldroup

I bought this I've used it twice once for the rest when I first bought it. The second time to give it another chance it was terrible, creased, looked oily. Just all around bad.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by msdeezee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this product a lot, though I do get similar results just using the cheapie E.L.F. primer. I like how colorless this is, though, and that it's thin yet rather slippery before it dries down, allowing me to blend it around where I want it. I also like that it comes in a tube rather than a wand because applying with a finger gives me better control over application. (Using a wand I always seem to get primer in my eyelashes--not a good look!) In terms of value, like I said I can get by with a much cheaper product, but my tube is going to last me a long time since I only use a tiny dot for each eye.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Tartlette

This eye primer did not work the greatest for me. I have very oily eyelids and even when using this my shadow creased. The consistency was nice and smooth to apply, so perhaps this might work better on someone with less oily eyelids. I prefer NARS eye primer (my HG) and UD Primer Potion to this. The packing on the Shadow Insurance is wonderful though. I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

Works well, and I love the packaging. Too Faced packaging is the cutest. Not cheap, but it's not outrageously pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing product! My eyeshadow stays in place all day. The packaging is pretty good too. The squeeze tube is sanitary and let's me get out only the amount I need. If you haven't tried this I highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 2:14:00 AM More reviews by gamien

Great!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2013 5:14:00 AM More reviews by mizzemmixox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the better eye primers that I've tried, maybe better than the UD primer potion. However for my oily lids no primer by itself can help my eye shadows last. I need to use MACs paint pot in painterly and some setting powder over that. Go read my review on the pain pot to see what I do, if you're like me and have really oily lids. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2013 6:58:00 AM More reviews by rowansilvermist

Great primer, I use it sometimes alone, just to even my eye lids skin tone and sometimes as base for eye shadow. It works great alone, as I have obvious blue blood vessels showing up on the lids. One touch of TF Shadow Insurance and they are gone. If I want make-up, this will stay on all day long, so smudging or flaking. I did not try it yet with shimmery eyeshadow, which tends to have lots of fallout in my case. But will review this behavior as well as soon as I try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by sasflipper

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Eyeshadow does not budge! Fabulous and no irritation. Big tick.