Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation

3.7

Talc , Zea Mays (Corn) Starch , Zinc Stearate , Dimethicone , Boron Nitride , Zeolite , Methylparaben , Sorbic Acid , Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer , Propylparaben , Tetrasodium EDTA , Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate , BHT , Iron Oxides , Mica

on 7/29/2010 4:51:00 PM

I bought this product in Ivory 1. I found this shade to be a perfect match, but there is a shade lighter if you need one lighter. I found this product to be a very nice, silky, fresh powder. People say a little goes a long way, but i found that that's not true. It feels like you have to use tons of this product to get a nice feel and look. It feels light on your skin and the finish is not matte or dewy. It's perfect and natural. This product is around $18.00 US. You can buy from a consultant @ www.marykay.com. If you buy this product it might be a good idea to purchase the mineral foundation brush that Mary Kay recommends you to use because it is a soft, small, easy apply brush for any size face. I was disappointed when i did see the size of the brush, but just wait until you use it. It's worth it. And also i think the brush is around $10.00 US.
(Mineral Powder Foundation)
(MIneral Powder Foundation Brush)

on 7/28/2010 1:30:00 AM

I love this foundation! I have oily skin and it really takes care of the shine I get throughout the day. The coverage is alright, not great, but good enough for me as I use a liquid foundation before this anyways. It's a brilliant setting powder. My only problem is that if you put too much on, you get this sort of orange tinge and that's kind of gross.

Overall I do like this quite a bit so I'll finish what I have left and maybe repurchase, or look for something else. Not bad for what they charge though!

on 7/26/2010 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is an excellent foundation! I like it better on top of a liquid foundation than alone. I took one lippy off because I have very dry skin and sometimes this product can really accentuate flaky skin on my face. You also have to be careful not to apply too much or it looks cakey, but all in all I like this product and I would buy again.

on 7/13/2010 10:30:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I fisrt did not like the feel of this foundation. Felt very drying and chalky. The coverage was ok, had to use alot of get good coverage. The minerals are not fine and therefore feel rough on the skin. I was not happy with this product at all.

on 7/7/2010 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I am always looking for a great mineral foundation. and this isn't it! I really don't like the ingredients in this mineral foundation. There is a definite consistency problem with color. The pigment is very uneven when you swirl, tap, and buff this on. I find that once you get it on the brush, tap it, and put it on your skin, there is NOTHING to buff. Let me explain, if I were wanting a foundation with a mineral buffing quality, this is one I wouldn't even bother going through someone else to buy. The foundation stays in the position where you place it on your face. It sticks there, you can't build with it, if I wanted to attempt at building this product for example, on my cheeks,I would look like a 1950's cupie doll with the red rouge cheek dots, but my dots would be skin toned. I love the old Timewise powder foundation, but NOT this!
If you have skin..which is everyone I would announce "There is no more foundation left in the world!" if this mineral foundation were the only one available.

on 6/22/2010 2:28:00 PM

I have used this since October. I bought 2 of them (18 dollars each) I liked it at first but I am growing to hate it =(. First, you have to have a good skin care routine for it to give you the glow that I love about it. But, you must make sure that your moisturizer drys completely or it will clump up =( it is a very sheer coverage it is not enough for me and I am 18 without acne or break outs I have dry skin. It is messy and you cant travel with it bc it will shake out of the sifter and make a huge mess. Also, it goes on the best with the brush that you can buy to go along with it for 10 dollars extra =( you can use a normal powder brush but it does not go on as smooth.

on 6/5/2010 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this foundation. When I first bought it i was using mary kays liquid medium coverage foundation, but it made my skin break out too much so my rep suggested the new mineral powder. Its so light and soft on my skin, and lasts all day. I have never experienced any skin irritation with this product. Although it's a little expensive, it lasts for a long time, so you're really getting a good deal. I also purchased the mineral brush which I love and reccomend getting :)

on 5/30/2010 11:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I started using this product after coming off years of wearing liquid foundation. Actually my very first foundation was a liquid consistency. The problem is that they are very easily smudged onto clothing and show up too clearly when smudged. Also they can give your skin a unnatural, greasy glow if your not careful. I didn't want to try powder because my skin is naturally dry and I knew that any type of powder would worsen the look I was going for-healthy, supple skin. I started using this product last summer and what a difference it makes in skin health. It has been the best thing that happened to my skin. It's light, but seems to cover my flaws and leaves my skin feeling breathable. You know what I mean, some foundations leaves your skin to suffocate and cause pimples which is why many women refuse to wear foundation. I myself was getting frustrated because I would wear it and then break out. Not so with this stuff. Also when you wear it, you are wearing minerals like vitamin E, so if your not using any vitamins in your skin care routine this helps and if you are using vitamins then this helps fortify. The mica is it reflects the light off your face giving you a bright look. It has become a staple in my make up bag!

on 5/20/2010 2:27:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I sometimes like this and other times don't. I have Ivory 2 and if I build its coverage it seems to look kinda orangey in daylight. My fiance doesn't notice that but he is a guy. For those who don't like it you need to have a good skincare regimen for it to look right.Make sure your moisturize. Most mineral make up does not have talc and not sure what it is used for. I don't think it last all day although I see it on my cotton ball at night but the same coverage isn't there. It is nice as an over liquid though. It is reasonable if you are a consultant compared to BE but I haven't compared it to BE. I really like Clinique's Almost Make-up powder, it covers nicely and easy to apply. I do not feel like this is the mineral powder for me (MK).

***UPDATE***
I would consider trying again since there are more colors available now

on 5/14/2010 3:42:00 PM

It is a mineral powder but the first ingredient is talc and the last is mica. The coverage is nice and buildable, it did not irritate my skin. The cons are you have to buy the brush separately and being a loose powder, it can get messy, espically in a purse.