October 23, 2014 | 1941 users online

Powder - Mary Kay - Mineral Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by honeybelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent foundation! I like it better on top of a liquid foundation than alone. I took one lippy off because I have very dry skin and sometimes this product can really accentuate flaky skin on my face. You also have to be careful not to apply too much or it looks cakey, but all in all I like this product and I would buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2010 10:30:00 AM More reviews by chrissygalpal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I fisrt did not like the feel of this foundation. Felt very drying and chalky. The coverage was ok, had to use alot of get good coverage. The minerals are not fine and therefore feel rough on the skin. I was not happy with this product at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by slone76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am always looking for a great mineral foundation. and this isn't it! I really don't like the ingredients in this mineral foundation. There is a definite consistency problem with color. The pigment is very uneven when you swirl, tap, and buff this on. I find that once you get it on the brush, tap it, and put it on your skin, there is NOTHING to buff. Let me explain, if I were wanting a foundation with a mineral buffing quality, this is one I wouldn't even bother going through someone else to buy. The foundation stays in the position where you place it on your face. It sticks there, you can't build with it, if I wanted to attempt at building this product for example, on my cheeks,I would look like a 1950's cupie doll with the red rouge cheek dots, but my dots would be skin toned. I love the old Timewise powder foundation, but NOT this!
If you have skin..which is everyone I would announce "There is no more foundation left in the world!" if this mineral foundation were the only one available.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by markgirl91

I have used this since October. I bought 2 of them (18 dollars each) I liked it at first but I am growing to hate it =(. First, you have to have a good skin care routine for it to give you the glow that I love about it. But, you must make sure that your moisturizer drys completely or it will clump up =( it is a very sheer coverage it is not enough for me and I am 18 without acne or break outs I have dry skin. It is messy and you cant travel with it bc it will shake out of the sifter and make a huge mess. Also, it goes on the best with the brush that you can buy to go along with it for 10 dollars extra =( you can use a normal powder brush but it does not go on as smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2010 4:41:00 AM More reviews by cocosea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. When I first bought it i was using mary kays liquid medium coverage foundation, but it made my skin break out too much so my rep suggested the new mineral powder. Its so light and soft on my skin, and lasts all day. I have never experienced any skin irritation with this product. Although it's a little expensive, it lasts for a long time, so you're really getting a good deal. I also purchased the mineral brush which I love and reccomend getting :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 11:10:00 PM More reviews by doctrhal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this product after coming off years of wearing liquid foundation. Actually my very first foundation was a liquid consistency. The problem is that they are very easily smudged onto clothing and show up too clearly when smudged. Also they can give your skin a unnatural, greasy glow if your not careful. I didn't want to try powder because my skin is naturally dry and I knew that any type of powder would worsen the look I was going for-healthy, supple skin. I started using this product last summer and what a difference it makes in skin health. It has been the best thing that happened to my skin. It's light, but seems to cover my flaws and leaves my skin feeling breathable. You know what I mean, some foundations leaves your skin to suffocate and cause pimples which is why many women refuse to wear foundation. I myself was getting frustrated because I would wear it and then break out. Not so with this stuff. Also when you wear it, you are wearing minerals like vitamin E, so if your not using any vitamins in your skin care routine this helps and if you are using vitamins then this helps fortify. The mica is it reflects the light off your face giving you a bright look. It has become a staple in my make up bag!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2010 2:27:00 AM More reviews by dolphin82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I sometimes like this and other times don't. I have Ivory 2 and if I build its coverage it seems to look kinda orangey in daylight. My fiance doesn't notice that but he is a guy. For those who don't like it you need to have a good skincare regimen for it to look right.Make sure your moisturize. Most mineral make up does not have talc and not sure what it is used for. I don't think it last all day although I see it on my cotton ball at night but the same coverage isn't there. It is nice as an over liquid though. It is reasonable if you are a consultant compared to BE but I haven't compared it to BE. I really like Clinique's Almost Make-up powder, it covers nicely and easy to apply. I do not feel like this is the mineral powder for me (MK).

***UPDATE***
I would consider trying again since there are more colors available now

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by purplenylon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It is a mineral powder but the first ingredient is talc and the last is mica. The coverage is nice and buildable, it did not irritate my skin. The cons are you have to buy the brush separately and being a loose powder, it can get messy, espically in a purse.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by adkizer

I do not use this as a foundation, the coverage is too sheer. I think it makes an amazing finishing powder. I always buff over my liquid foundation and get flawless coverage.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2010 11:52:00 PM More reviews by briii

im going to have to agree with the reviewer below me. i was so excited to try this because my best friend uses it and loves it, but it didnt do it for me. it dried out my skin bad, and it doesn't last very long at all. i bought two different shades of them because one was too light and the next was too dark, so i had to mix the colors which was a pain. that was another disappointment. i love a lot of mary kays products but this isnt one of them. its not a very good powder foundation. :(