Clinique Redness Solutions Soothing Cleanser

3.3

ingredients: water/aqua/eau, squalane, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenyl trimethicone, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, avena sativa (oat) kernel extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract/extrait d?orge, sucrose stearate, sea whip extract, cholesterol, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), acetyl glucosamine, ppg-20 methyl glucose ether, caffeine, propylene glycol dicaprate, caprylyl glycol, stearic acid, sodium chloride, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, polyaminopropyl biguanide, yellow 5 (ci 19140), green 5 (ci 61570), blue 1 (ci 42090).

on 3/29/2009 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the only cleanser that has worked for me. My first bottle I went through really quick because I was used to a foaming cleanser. You need to massage the cleanser on a dry face and then wash it off. I wear a full face of make up everyday and this cleanser takes it all off not including eye makeup. I have tried many different ones before and nothing works as well as this one. I used to have a lot of acne and my skin was always irritated. I even tried pro active and it just dried out my skin. After using it for less than a week I noticed a difference and it is keeping my skin clear. I do recommend this product for anyone who has irritated skin. I will be buying this product again.

on 2/27/2009 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I'm so glad I got these as samples. I have mild rosacea, and I've been looking for a good cleanser to clean, hydrate and help with redness. After washing my face I was still blotchy and red on my cheeks and jawline, but also on my forehead (which never happens). I applied the Redness Solution Moisturizer on my face (hoping it would help), but my face became itchy and hot. Ick, what a mess! I had to wash it off with my Neutrogena Gentle Cleanser and medicate my face with metrogel. Later in the day, I had to run an errand and I risked trying the Redness Solution Protective Base SPF15. This did NOT irritate my skin and it did a good job covering up redness :) Trying 'Good Skin Calm Creamy Cleanser' next. Wish me luck.

on 2/24/2009 10:41:00 AM

Didn't really take any make-up or dirt off my face, and I didn't notice any of the redness disappearing either. Feels nice tough, didn't dry out my skin.

on 2/1/2009 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't really have full-blown rosacea, just the early stages with transient nose and cheek redness, but very sensitive, dry yet acne-prone with blackheads, reactive skin. My skin has gone absolutely crazy now that I'm in my mid-thirties. I purchased the Redness Solutions kit and absolutely love the sunscreen, it's the ONLY one I can use on my face besides the sunscreen in Almost Makeup, and it isn't greasy or hard to rub in. Many physical sunscreens are very difficult to rub in which really irritates my facial skin, and I can't tolerate any chemical sunscreens, even on my body. Unfortunately, this cleanser and the moisturizer did not work for me. They both caused stinging immediately upon application and I still cannot figure out what ingredient is the cause as they all look pretty safe, although it may be propylene glycol since I have seen this ingredient in many other products that caused the same reaction, or it may be the colorants.

I am not giving this a bad rating because it has helped many people I know and I do like Clinique, especially since they have such a generous return policy, but I will not repurchase the Redness Solutions except maybe the sunscreen. To me this cleanser felt like it didn't completely rinse off and left a film, but this may feel good if the product doesn't sting like it did on my skin. I found myself using witch hazel to remove the residue. I think this product would be better with a flip-top cap, and you do have to be careful to use just a tiny bit of the product at a time, which is all you need, or it will be used up very quickly. This is a bit expensive for me for a cleanser, as are all the Clinique cleansers, but I have found no drugstore cleansers that do not irritate my skin, not even Cetaphil (perhaps its the propylene glycol in that product that bothers me).

What I have found works for me is their Comforting Cream Cleanser and Comfort on Call moisturizer at night right now with my terribly dry winter skin (will be much too greasy in summer), and the 7-Day Scrub a few times a week. I also use their Mild Exfoliating Lotion with 0.5% salicylic acid (I think), the only one Clinique has with NO alcohol which is really bad for my reactive skin. And my skin tolerates the Turnaround Cream (not every day though) but not the new serum (not sure why but I think my skin doesn't like high concentrations of silicones but actually seems to respond well to products with mineral oil, go figure). With any company you have to take the time to find the products that will work for you, and they are not always the ones necessarily marketed for your specific skin problem. I am glad Clinique has enabled me to return products so I could find products I can use without irritation and without migraine-inducing fragrance! My skin is finally starting to calm down.

on 12/17/2008 12:38:00 PM

I found that this cleanser really helped calm the redness in my face. I have severe redness over my nose, and it was spreading to my cheeks because all the cleansers I had tried in the past were too strong for my skin type.

But this cleanser was great. It removed all of my makeup, and didn't leave my skin feeling taut and sore (Please not, I have oily skin, and this product did NOT exasperate the problem)

on 12/8/2008 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this cleanser. It is very light, creamy and oil-free! It does a nice job of melting my makeup away and lightly exfoliates so no toner is needed after washing which is a first for Clinique. I am really in love with the entire Redness Solutions line. This cleanser works well and if you'd like it to be a bit more exfoliating, use a washrag and gently massage it into skin for a minute or two and your skin will glow.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I have only been using this product for 10 days, so I dont think it would be fair to comment on whether or not it really reduces redness. I do, however, know it doesnt make it worse.
I have rosacea and acne and am on prescription meds that dry my skin a lot. This cleanser is soothing. It seems to cleanse the dry-itchy skin without creating problems of it's own.
The only real downside is the bottle. It seems hard to regulate the amount of cleanser that comes out with this bottle, so I think Im wasting a bit.
I will def. buy again and also will update in a few weeks about redness-reduction.

on 9/20/2008 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have mild rosaea with some flushing when I have spicy food or alcohol. I love this cleanser as it feels silky on my skin and removes my Laura Mercier foundation. I do not like the packaging so I put it in a pump bottle that I have and that works much better. I will continue to use this product. LOVE IT!

on 7/31/2008 9:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I use this in the winter, and it does a really good job at relieving my dry, red skin. I do have several complaints with it: The packaging could be a little better, since the tube sometimes leaks product. I found that it doesn't go a good job at removing makeup at all, so I usually remove my makeup first and then use this product. Finally, I think it's a little overpriced for a cleanser. I have purchased this three times, because during the winter months my skin needs the extra calming moisture this product provides.

on 5/23/2008 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have mild redness and some blotchyness over my cheeks and forehead, and after using this for a week I've noticed a significant reduction in the blotches. I will definitely be buying it again. It's moisturizing, gentle and effectively removes my bare minerals foundation.