April 17, 2014 | 905 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Redness Solutions Soothing Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2008 8:58:00 PM More reviews by mimizj76

I really like this cleanser. It is very light, creamy and oil-free! It does a nice job of melting my makeup away and lightly exfoliates so no toner is needed after washing which is a first for Clinique. I am really in love with the entire Redness Solutions line. This cleanser works well and if you'd like it to be a bit more exfoliating, use a washrag and gently massage it into skin for a minute or two and your skin will glow.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2008 3:27:00 PM More reviews by icarriedawatermelon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have only been using this product for 10 days, so I dont think it would be fair to comment on whether or not it really reduces redness. I do, however, know it doesnt make it worse.
I have rosacea and acne and am on prescription meds that dry my skin a lot. This cleanser is soothing. It seems to cleanse the dry-itchy skin without creating problems of it's own.
The only real downside is the bottle. It seems hard to regulate the amount of cleanser that comes out with this bottle, so I think Im wasting a bit.
I will def. buy again and also will update in a few weeks about redness-reduction.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2008 5:58:00 AM More reviews by pinkbeige

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have mild rosaea with some flushing when I have spicy food or alcohol. I love this cleanser as it feels silky on my skin and removes my Laura Mercier foundation. I do not like the packaging so I put it in a pump bottle that I have and that works much better. I will continue to use this product. LOVE IT!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2008 9:25:00 AM More reviews by myershms

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this in the winter, and it does a really good job at relieving my dry, red skin. I do have several complaints with it: The packaging could be a little better, since the tube sometimes leaks product. I found that it doesn't go a good job at removing makeup at all, so I usually remove my makeup first and then use this product. Finally, I think it's a little overpriced for a cleanser. I have purchased this three times, because during the winter months my skin needs the extra calming moisture this product provides.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2008 5:43:00 PM More reviews by Livinginla26

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have mild redness and some blotchyness over my cheeks and forehead, and after using this for a week I've noticed a significant reduction in the blotches. I will definitely be buying it again. It's moisturizing, gentle and effectively removes my bare minerals foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2008 2:11:00 PM More reviews by awaylett

I bought the whole redness line. What a disappointment. I used Clinique as a teen and in my early 20's, but as my skin has changed over the last 20 years, but skin regimen as had to change. Had high hopes for this, but would never repurchase. I have facial flushing due to rosecia, and this did nothing but sting my face all day long, along with the moisturizer. Horrible product!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2008 6:37:00 PM More reviews by lynbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best cleanser I've found for the stubborn red blotchiness on my cheeks down to my jawbone. I used Cetaphil, Aveeno, Eucerin and some others but none of them come close to this cleanser. I'm not saying it's a miracle - I've been using it for about a month and I still see some redness, but it is drastically reduced. It takes off makeup and exfoliates really gently, so I'm not flaky. I'd like to see a more convenient flip-top tube instead of the screw-top, but it's not that big of a deal. Very good stuff. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2008 12:16:00 PM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a light green gel/cream cleanser. It felt like it did not rinse off completely (as most cream cleansers) so I guess that could help protect with dryness. I was not overly impressed with this line. Will return back to Clinique.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2008 8:40:00 PM More reviews by ChristyL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just purchased this today, so I'll update once I am able to see the long-term effects on my redness.

On first use -- it took off my makeup effectively, my skin felt moisturized and not dry once I'd rinsed it off.

Week later -- I really like this cleanser. My skin feels great, and the redness looks a bit better on one side of my face, but not significantly. I'll continue to update as I keep using it.

Two weeks later: I'm very happy with this and am seeing some noticeable differences in the redness in my face!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2008 12:36:00 PM More reviews by TinasDreamworld

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had a very bad experience using Clinique's Daily Relief Cream and sent it back to Clinique.
I had not used this Cleanser at the same time because I wanted to use my old cleanser up first. I am glad I did, otherwise I wouldn't have known which product causes problems.
This cleanser does not remove foundation properly and I don't even use a colourstay foundation. I have to wash my face twice. That would be acceptable if this product wouldn't be highly overpriced. Like the Redness Solutions Daily Relief Creme it did nothing for my redness, instead it made my face sting, even though I had washed it off with water.
About 10 minutes after washing my face, without having put on a moisturiser, my face started to itch.
I wonder if they ever tested these products.
I do like Clinique's Repairwear Intensive Nightcream and even though it is full of parabens I have no problems with that cream.
Update: I must have had bad problems with their daily relief cream. I am now using this cleanser but only in the morning. I quite like it in the morning because it is mild and free of SLS.However, like I mentioned before it does not remove foundation. I use a cream cleanser from Clarins to remove foundation and then wash my face with this cleanser. That works fine for me.