Prescriptives Foundation brush

4.5

on 12/13/2003 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Totally makes a difference with my foundation application. I use less product (I hate applying foundation with my fingers and sponges just soak up foundation) and it gives smooth, even application. The way I see it: A good foundation brush is a wise investment.

on 12/9/2003 7:34:00 PM

I guess I'm a minority, but this didn't do anything special. My makeup looked exactly the same as when I apply with my fingers, except that I felt I wasted more foundation with the brush. It was a waste of money for me. UPDATE: I got a Stila foundation that was very heavy and hard to apply. I've been using the Foundation Brush, and it is definitely working better than applying with my fingers. Guess it depends on the foundation.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I bought this on the recommendation of the Prescriptives person, but I have to say it was worth it. I have no trouble applying my foundation evenly and it washes off very quickly. I have had the brush for almost a year and I haven't lost a single bristle. Great buy -- should last a lifetime!

on 11/30/2003 12:02:00 PM

After procrastinating more than a year, I am pleased to have splurged on this fabulous brush that really allows for a smooth application of the PX Virtual Skin foundation. A must have!

on 11/15/2003 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My first foray into foundation brushes. I use this with the Px Virtual Skin foundation. No shedding hairs, easy to wash after each use, and quick drying (I use this once a day). Makes it very easy to layer foundation.

on 11/12/2003 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Pretty good foundation brush. I have washed this brush a number of times and it really does maintain its shape quite well after each washing. It does a good job of applying foundation. Now, I just have to find a foundation that I truly like to go with it =/. The Prescriptives foundation seemed to make my oily skin even oilier.

on 11/7/2003 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My DH commented on how good my makeup looked after I used this brush for the first time at the PX counter!! Nuff said.

on 6/25/2003 9:51:00 PM

I have never had a foundation brush before, but I bought this and like it quite a bit. It is $30, but that is pretty typical for foundation brushes. I really like the ultra-soft bristles and the sleek silver handle. The only con is that I feel like I use a bit more foundation than I would with my fingers because the brush soaks it up. It was a bit tricky to get used to the brush but I finally found a method that works for me. I like my foundation to go on ultra-sheer and even so I put a bit of alcohol free toner on the brush and then dip it into my liquid foundation. I use short quick strokes and make sure to blend throroughly. The result is perfectly even, light foundation that evens out my skintone and looks great. I'm reallly glad I purchased this brush.

on 6/12/2003 5:07:00 PM

I was a skeptic but I fainally caved and bought this brush. I really like how well foundation goes on with it. This is a purchase I am surprised I am happy with!

on 6/9/2003 12:24:00 PM

Got this more than a year ago and still going strong. My first foundation brush and didn't look back after that. I love the way it feels on my face and the perfect finish it gives. Using a sponge may be faster but it also soaks up a lot of product. I use this with Unmakeup and Traceless and they are a perfect match.

Popular Makeup Brushes