L'Oreal Infallible Lip Gloss

3.5

Trimethylsiloxyphenyl dimethicone, octyldodecanol, isododecane, acrylic acid/isobutyl, acrylate/isobornyl acrylate copolymer, squalane, polybutene, silica dimethyl sililate, calcium aluminum borosilicate, silica, isopropylparaben, butylparaben, isobutylparaben, arginine pca, tocopheryl acetate, pentaeryththrityl tetraisostearate, calcium sodium borosilicate, hydroxypalmitoyl sphinganine, synthetic fluorphlogopite, polyehtylene terephthalate, polymethyl methacrylate, tin oxide, sodium chondroitin sulfate, atelocollagen, parfum.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

This stuff was horrible. Don't get me wrong, the color was completely what sucked me in. I like the L'Oreal infallible lipstick (in the silver rectangle that comes with paint and a balm for on top) so I thought this would be good too. I can't recall the color I had, but it was a beautiful pink/mauve with golden shimmer. And when I put it on it was gorgeous on my lips. But I couldn't get this formula to work. If worn alone it remains tacky and sticky and makes my lips very dry. It never really dries down. So I tried wearing a balm or a moisturizing lipgloss over the top. This worked a little, but still it would feel sticky and make my lips flaky. If this works for you, great, there are some beautiful colors and it definitely lasts. But I don't feel like my lips being uncomfortable most of the day to wear this.

I usually like L'Oreal Lip Glosses and the Glam Shine Nude moon is one of my favourites. This gloss I bought in a pinky/plum colour and thought it looked gorgeous in the tube. I found the colour pay off was not great on my lips even though the texture was so so sticky. It felt horrible on my lips and you could feel the glitter.

It wore off far quicker than I expected and I was left with strange glittery patches on my lips. The texture alone would be reason enough for me not only to not buy it again but I won't wear it again. Such a pity. I don't know how they got it so wrong.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have never understood this gloss!!!! When it first came out I thought it was not worth much. It was worse than a 99 cent gloss. I got my tube of Coral Sands free because of my Ulta rewards. It's not really a gloss. It's sort of a liquid lipstick, but it's sticky. Sticky like you wouldn't believe. The shine fades off of it so fast you'll wonder what happened. This is without eating or drinking. I don't lick my lips at all, and on top of that I applied more than one coat. I think they could have ripped off MAC Lipglass and it would be awesome. I'm not too pleased with it. Some of their shades are runny too.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Have puchased 3 in the Bronze, and I usually never finish a gloss! :) I like buying new one's. Cinnamon addict is a nice nude colour, for gym or just a toned down look, but the bronze is amazing as it is not TOO copper, which means it looks beautiful and not foreign against skin.

It wears fantastically, and providing I have not eaten something too messy, it becomes more of a natural but pigmented stain.
I agree with others it is not EXACTLY a gloss.... I think of it as slick metallic paint for your lips which melts in:)

Conditons my lips-if they are a bit dry and I am out during the day and notice this, I apply a thicker application as within 2 or so hours it makes my lips smooth and flawless.

Didn't expect to love it, but definitely has one of the best staying powers. It doesn't bleed, travel or smear off like others that look gorgeous and glassy til you move your lips, and then it's all over!:)

Hair does not stick to it! Big plus!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

So far I am in love with this "gloss". I don't really think of it as a gloss though and if I were reviewing it as one it would have gotten a very different rating. This is more of a liquid lipstick than a gloss. Glosses should be shiny and wet looking. This is shimmery and has a subtle sheen to it. If you completely disregard the notion that this is a gloss and should feel like one, then this is a very nice product. It is longer wearing than most products like it (i.e. liquid lipsticks, not glosses). However the notion that anything other than a long-wearing lipstick is going to last more than a 2-3 hours is just silly (at least if you plan on eating, drinking, breathing, etc.). As for the wand I myself love it. For a pigmented gloss (which this color is) it allows you really precise control over where the gloss goes and how much you put on.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have this in #135 and it comes out much lighter on my lips - a wearable NARS Turkish Delight on my NC35 skin. I do like how this doesn't look too glossy and while I love the applicator, I don't like how sticky this is. And yes, this DOES transfer on cups, mugs, etc.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this lip gloss very much. The colors are very nice and glossy. I am very pleased with its lasting power. The gloss is also easy to put on, not too sticky nor too liquid.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I'm torn, I love the consistency and the longwearing of this lipgloss but I hate the color I got. I tried it on my hand it is called Plumped Rose, it very MLBB rosey pink, but on me, it looks very sheery barely there. Its upsetting because I actually wanted a better color payoff. Maybe If I trade in the color to something darker, it may show up brighter.

I am going to completely rewrite this review and elevate it to HG status, as it has been my go-to product forever, and I can't find anything else quite like it. I use it in two different ways:

1. as a stain: I take the darkest color (Rebel Red) and apply very sparingly on my lower lip and then rub my lips together. with only a teeny amount, it becomes only a tiny bit sticky, not bad at all. I actually like the mild stickiness, as I can use it as an indicator - if I can't feel it anymore, I know it's time to reapply. a very thin coat of this reads as a lovely berry stain on me. it will last through a couple of hours at a party sipping on a cocktail, and I can rub my lips together to redistribute the color. even after the gloss is gone, there is just a teeny bit of pink stain left behind. it just always looks good on me.

2. as a stain topper: I have some stains that have super lasting power but are way too pink. I like to top them off with Raisin. it neutralizes the pinkness, and it creates a seal that will last a few hours, only reapplying the topper if it feels like it's gone. the raisin also looks nice on its own, as a lovely daytime color. note: it looks browner in the tube than it actually is. on me it is actually more of a subtle plum base with a slight gold shimmer. it's a MLBB color.

since they're both sheer (and I apply them thinly), I've managed to master applying this w/o looking in a mirror. I can do a quick check in the reflective cap to be sure I didn't make a mistake. between that and the lasting power, it makes it my favorite all around lipcolor. bonus: it is not exactly moisturizing, but it seems to create a protective barrier and never dries my lips out.

edit: I first reviewed this in 2009 and now it's 2015. this is still my go-to lip color. I really love this stuff!

Very nice lip gloss...stays on well, looks and feels nice. My only complaint would be that it's a little drying.

Recommended for Medium Skin