December 22, 2014 | 927 users online

Brows - Cover Girl - Brow and Eye Makers

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2009 2:11:00 AM More reviews by citygirl1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this pencil in honey brown, and I must say, after all of the high-priced, highly advertised brow pencils I've tried, and wasted money on, this one has really lived up to its "hype". The cool thing I love about this pencil is that it works amazingly on brows, they say a harder pencil is always the best quality because you have more control for a better brow. I don't know if this will work well as an eyeliner, it might take a bit more effort and won't be as comfortable to apply.

I give this 4 lippies instead of 5 because I hate that I waited this long to find a good brow pencil like this...LOL.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2008 4:47:00 PM More reviews by mizz_kay

I have this in Midnight Black and it works wonders on my brows. It looks so natural. I have light eyebrows for my skin colour and it makes my face look featureless. Using this pencil to darken my brows gives my face a nice shape and definition. I will buy this again unless I find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2008 12:36:00 PM More reviews by moshi2

I've been using this stuff in Midnight Black for years and I still will for years to come as long as they keep making it. It's very cheap and available everywhere. It stays put on my brows for 15+ hrs everyday and for note, I have oily skin. Even my mom wants this when she came to US to visit me. I don't use this for eyeliner though.

To make my review short, I don't think I will buy other brands when I have found one that works well for me and very cheap. If I've ever heard they will discontinue this stuff, I will definitely buy loads of them to stock up.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by fixxiongrl

I have tried many eyebrow pencils ranging from high to low and this is the best out there.... Isnt marked as waterproof but the wear is great! highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2008 8:56:00 AM More reviews by julieblair

I shave my eyebrows off completely and draw them on... it is the brow pencil acid test.

This is the best one I have ever used, it's perfect. I got *two* pencils on sale for $2.53, I am not kidding. I bought it because I was having an emergency and would have bought 5 of them had I known I would love it so much.

I did not like it at first... it seemed too hard and it was difficult to work with but I have learned some tricks and it's just great. I work in a restaurant and I have never had a problem with smearing or fading. I don't even notice it coming off on my finger when I dab sweat beads off.

When the pencil gets short, put the cap on the end to lengthen it. Use both pencils simultaneously! I keep one sharp and one dull. One for drawing and the other for filling in. Also, as with any pencil, it softens as you use it, so work on both brows alternately instead of finishing one and doing the other when you're done.

I love these pencils!! It has NEVER broken when sharpening and I sharpen it every day. Do not use this as eyeliner or you will tear your skin and have a smeary mess by the end of the day anyway!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2008 10:04:00 AM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought these in Blonde after accidently overplucking my eyebrows. The shade is a good match, to the point most people can't even tell half my eyebrows are penciled on. You get two decent size pencils that even with every day use will last you forever. It's a steal for $2.86. Plus they come with a cheap little sharpener, that works better than any other one I've used. I recently bought these in black to use as an eyeliner, but I wasn't as happy. They're not smooth enough to use on the sensitive skin around your eyes, and the color isn't bold. It's more of a soft black. Although they're a great price, as an eyeliner they're too difficult to apply. I'll continue buying to use as brow liners though.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2008 5:41:00 AM More reviews by jujujulie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this product for how easy and cheap it is to find, consistently (people DO notice when you change shades of this product)!! To me, these shades are either too dark and obvious when you use them, or too light/yellowy. Otherwise if you keep them sharp, they don't smudge -too- badly throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by nanshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I purchase this in Midnight Black (the darkest color they have). I have naturally jet-black hair and black eyebrows and most eyebrow powders in black are too harsh and don't build up nicely because there's too much pigmentation. The brown ones are too obviously brown on my skintone... so I have to stick with a waxy and sheer black where color is buildable and this fits very well. It isn't very good (at all!) as an eyeliner, but as a brow pencil, I've find that it's perfect. With this to fill in those sparse spots when I've over-tweezed or tweezed off wrong patches by accident (happens more than I care to admit), it matches my eyebrows perfectly! I really like this and won't care to go for higher end when I can find something so affordable locally!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2008 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Verrine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Works ok for brows. Tried it for eyeliner (as advertised) & it smudged too soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2008 12:31:00 AM More reviews by MES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had been using another brand for years. Well one morning my usual brand just kept crapping out on me, it would not sharpen and it kept crumbling. I can not go anywhere without at least my brows and mascara done. I stopped in picked up a pack of these before work one morning. They were cheap, and I figured I'd just use them until I could get my normal brand. I've been really pleased with Cover Girl. These two little stumpy pencils lasted longer than one of the more expensive ones. Plus the color is more natural. I've never had any problems with these breaking in the sharpener either. These are a really good buy.