April 20, 2014 | 948 users online

Brows - Cover Girl - Brow and Eye Makers

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2008 8:56:00 AM More reviews by julieblair

I shave my eyebrows off completely and draw them on... it is the brow pencil acid test.

This is the best one I have ever used, it's perfect. I got *two* pencils on sale for $2.53, I am not kidding. I bought it because I was having an emergency and would have bought 5 of them had I known I would love it so much.

I did not like it at first... it seemed too hard and it was difficult to work with but I have learned some tricks and it's just great. I work in a restaurant and I have never had a problem with smearing or fading. I don't even notice it coming off on my finger when I dab sweat beads off.

When the pencil gets short, put the cap on the end to lengthen it. Use both pencils simultaneously! I keep one sharp and one dull. One for drawing and the other for filling in. Also, as with any pencil, it softens as you use it, so work on both brows alternately instead of finishing one and doing the other when you're done.

I love these pencils!! It has NEVER broken when sharpening and I sharpen it every day. Do not use this as eyeliner or you will tear your skin and have a smeary mess by the end of the day anyway!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2008 10:04:00 AM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought these in Blonde after accidently overplucking my eyebrows. The shade is a good match, to the point most people can't even tell half my eyebrows are penciled on. You get two decent size pencils that even with every day use will last you forever. It's a steal for $2.86. Plus they come with a cheap little sharpener, that works better than any other one I've used. I recently bought these in black to use as an eyeliner, but I wasn't as happy. They're not smooth enough to use on the sensitive skin around your eyes, and the color isn't bold. It's more of a soft black. Although they're a great price, as an eyeliner they're too difficult to apply. I'll continue buying to use as brow liners though.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2008 5:41:00 AM More reviews by jujujulie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this product for how easy and cheap it is to find, consistently (people DO notice when you change shades of this product)!! To me, these shades are either too dark and obvious when you use them, or too light/yellowy. Otherwise if you keep them sharp, they don't smudge -too- badly throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2008 8:18:00 PM More reviews by nanshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I purchase this in Midnight Black (the darkest color they have). I have naturally jet-black hair and black eyebrows and most eyebrow powders in black are too harsh and don't build up nicely because there's too much pigmentation. The brown ones are too obviously brown on my skintone... so I have to stick with a waxy and sheer black where color is buildable and this fits very well. It isn't very good (at all!) as an eyeliner, but as a brow pencil, I've find that it's perfect. With this to fill in those sparse spots when I've over-tweezed or tweezed off wrong patches by accident (happens more than I care to admit), it matches my eyebrows perfectly! I really like this and won't care to go for higher end when I can find something so affordable locally!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2008 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Verrine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Works ok for brows. Tried it for eyeliner (as advertised) & it smudged too soon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2008 12:31:00 AM More reviews by MES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had been using another brand for years. Well one morning my usual brand just kept crapping out on me, it would not sharpen and it kept crumbling. I can not go anywhere without at least my brows and mascara done. I stopped in picked up a pack of these before work one morning. They were cheap, and I figured I'd just use them until I could get my normal brand. I've been really pleased with Cover Girl. These two little stumpy pencils lasted longer than one of the more expensive ones. Plus the color is more natural. I've never had any problems with these breaking in the sharpener either. These are a really good buy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 12:20:00 PM More reviews by pupster

Only use this as an eyebrow pencil, it would be far too hard to use as eyeliner. Great product, very cheap and does the job nicely. The sharpener it comes with is no good but that's not a big deal. Have tried more expensive products by Merle Norman and Clinique and always come back to this one. UPDATE: This is a good product, but it has no staying power.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2008 8:04:00 PM More reviews by ajjoyce

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For the price, it is unbeatable. I wish it came in a longer stick, so I didn't have to buy it so often. Maybe that's Cover Girl's little dirty trick.

So, it doesn't go on as smoothly as the Estee Lauder I used to buy. I don't feel guilty if I misplace it, or break it too soon. Worth the effort and the price!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 8:19:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlsmakegraves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Dirt cheap and surprisingly good. The past month or so has signified my first attempts at defining and filling my sparse East Asian eyebrows and most results show up far too harse, overly defined or just plain bizarre and unflattering on me. I'm very uncomfortable with strong eyebrows and thought I'd found a HG with the many recs to try Shu Umura's Hard Formula Pencil in Seal Brown. (That's a whole other review entirely).

While Shu's hard formula pencil defined my brows nicely, I found the color slightly too brown and also, the price was quite a turn off ($25+ in Canada). One day, while shopping at for snacks of all things, I noticed this under $3, short mini-pencil in "Soft Brown" (a taupey ash color actually) and have been using it ever since.

It matches my sparse, black eye brows well, for a softer look and the waxy formula isn't all that different in usage from Shu's hard wax formula. It doesn't hold brows at all but the shade is perfect and looks more natural than any powder, wax or other product I've tried thus far other an Shu. I noticed a few reviews mentioned a lack of color payoff - However I feel this is one of the advantages of the product, and the waxiness lends to its ease of use and grooms the brows slightly better. The biggest advantage for me is low pigmentation helps as I am a major novice when it comes to filling in brows.

For reference: Pale East Asian, yellow complexion C20 in MAC, black eyebrows plucked to moderate thinness and jet black hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2007 3:19:00 AM More reviews by xosandy

This product is terrible! I bought the soft brown because it was a nice color but quality is terrible. Yes, the price is dirt cheap but I'd rather pay a little more for a better brow and eye maker. I had to press so hard to get the color.. save your money and spend a little more on a better product. This is one of the worst products I've ever bought.