Cover Girl Brow and Eye Makers

3.7

Price: $

Price: $

I have this product in midnight brown and I really like the color. I use it for my brows. It looks really natural with my black hair. However, i dislike the texture. This product is very hard and I have no idea how anyone can apply this on their eyes. This pencil is very waxy and does not apply effortlessly. The staying power is okay throughout the day, although it fades a little bit, it will not disappear.

I dont recommend this for the delicate eye area but it's okay for brows, just remember to use a mascara wound to brush through it to make sure it looks natural. Pencil form makes it very easy to carry around and very convenient but when I'm at home and have time, i prefer to use those eyebrow duos with powder and wax on two sides. This is something simple to have in the makeup bag but not my top choice when not under time pressure.

It is, however, reasonable for the price. This product only retails for about 2.99 or 3.99 CAD and it lasts a long time. For the price, I really can't expect too much.

on 3/16/2009 3:41:00 PM

This might be my HG for my eyebrows

I like the natural look, and I thought brow powder was the way to go...but yet the powder sometimes, looks obvious up close especially if its not the right shade, moreso, its takes longer for application

with THIS it looks sooo naturall even UP CLOSE
it doesnt even look like pencil, it looks like brow powder but not even so, it looks better then powder, it just looks like I have no makeup on my brows, it just looks like my brows are full... my brow color is a light pale black,
and I use "SOFT BROWN"....this shade is perfect

I think I tried the other darker shades, but it didnt look nice comparing with soft brown...

i've been trying to find the perfect light brown brow pencil, i've found it...

this is not orange at all unlike other light brown brow pencils ive tried

this is great and is cheap...and easy to use..

on 3/9/2009 12:56:00 AM

This is the only brow liner I've consistently used in the past 5 years. I've tried many drugstore brand liners in the past (Revlon, Maybelline, Almay, WnW, etc.), but haven't found another that's the right color AND consistency. This one's perfect. I love how easy it is to find- I don't have to run to the mall just to pick up a liner! It's a hard liner (which I LOVE) compared to all the soft liners that apply way too much color and make your brows look waxy and fake. Apply this with a light hand and blend with an eyebrow brush for perfect brows! People always tell me they love my brows :) Also, the color "Midnight Brown" is not brassy and red-ish like soo many I've seen. It's a true dark brown. I don't know too much about the other colors, but this one works for me and I definitely recommend it! Oh yes, and it's cheap :)

on 1/16/2009 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this pencil in honey brown, and I must say, after all of the high-priced, highly advertised brow pencils I've tried, and wasted money on, this one has really lived up to its "hype". The cool thing I love about this pencil is that it works amazingly on brows, they say a harder pencil is always the best quality because you have more control for a better brow. I don't know if this will work well as an eyeliner, it might take a bit more effort and won't be as comfortable to apply.

I give this 4 lippies instead of 5 because I hate that I waited this long to find a good brow pencil like this...LOL.

on 12/26/2008 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have this in Midnight Black and it works wonders on my brows. It looks so natural. I have light eyebrows for my skin colour and it makes my face look featureless. Using this pencil to darken my brows gives my face a nice shape and definition. I will buy this again unless I find something better.

on 12/13/2008 12:36:00 PM

I've been using this stuff in Midnight Black for years and I still will for years to come as long as they keep making it. It's very cheap and available everywhere. It stays put on my brows for 15+ hrs everyday and for note, I have oily skin. Even my mom wants this when she came to US to visit me. I don't use this for eyeliner though.

To make my review short, I don't think I will buy other brands when I have found one that works well for me and very cheap. If I've ever heard they will discontinue this stuff, I will definitely buy loads of them to stock up.

on 10/20/2008 9:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have tried many eyebrow pencils ranging from high to low and this is the best out there.... Isnt marked as waterproof but the wear is great! highly recommended!

on 9/23/2008 8:56:00 AM

I shave my eyebrows off completely and draw them on... it is the brow pencil acid test.

This is the best one I have ever used, it's perfect. I got *two* pencils on sale for $2.53, I am not kidding. I bought it because I was having an emergency and would have bought 5 of them had I known I would love it so much.

I did not like it at first... it seemed too hard and it was difficult to work with but I have learned some tricks and it's just great. I work in a restaurant and I have never had a problem with smearing or fading. I don't even notice it coming off on my finger when I dab sweat beads off.

When the pencil gets short, put the cap on the end to lengthen it. Use both pencils simultaneously! I keep one sharp and one dull. One for drawing and the other for filling in. Also, as with any pencil, it softens as you use it, so work on both brows alternately instead of finishing one and doing the other when you're done.

I love these pencils!! It has NEVER broken when sharpening and I sharpen it every day. Do not use this as eyeliner or you will tear your skin and have a smeary mess by the end of the day anyway!

on 8/21/2008 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought these in Blonde after accidently overplucking my eyebrows. The shade is a good match, to the point most people can't even tell half my eyebrows are penciled on. You get two decent size pencils that even with every day use will last you forever. It's a steal for $2.86. Plus they come with a cheap little sharpener, that works better than any other one I've used. I recently bought these in black to use as an eyeliner, but I wasn't as happy. They're not smooth enough to use on the sensitive skin around your eyes, and the color isn't bold. It's more of a soft black. Although they're a great price, as an eyeliner they're too difficult to apply. I'll continue buying to use as brow liners though.

on 7/20/2008 5:41:00 AM

I use this product for how easy and cheap it is to find, consistently (people DO notice when you change shades of this product)!! To me, these shades are either too dark and obvious when you use them, or too light/yellowy. Otherwise if you keep them sharp, they don't smudge -too- badly throughout the day.

Popular Brows Products