April 18, 2014 | 1585 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lise Watier - Portfolio

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2009 3:56:00 AM More reviews by tawnyinthepink

A five-way concealer spectrum designed to correct and conceal skin tone irregularities and under-eye circles. Counteract with green for redness and lilac for dullness. The soothing properties of chamomile, and Vitamins E and C provide skin smoothness and comfort. As I get dryer during the autumn/winter...this doesn't work well for me due to its dryness. When my skin has more moisture (i.e. spring/summer) it works just fine. That being said...for it to only work half the year really makes me unhappy. I expected a far better product than normal from all that I've read and heard. This was not received! :(

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2009 3:18:00 AM More reviews by shoppingfreak614

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

After lots of concealers i have tried, this concealer works like a dream.
For my NW 30 skin, i mix the salmon with the brown for my undereye circles, uses the brown by itself to contour, uses the lilac to highlight, the green covers redness beautifullly. The ivory i havent found a use for yet. But overall, this product is amazing for all the product you get.
Sure, it costed 29 CAD and was pricy for a concealer. But its really worth it. It really brightens up my face, and i found that i needed no foundation after this concealer.
My HG concealer. Might be a little thick for some people though.
For reference, i dont use eye cream, and it works fine under my eyes.
Loving this! HIGHLY RECOMMANDED!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2009 2:42:00 AM More reviews by dreamee

After reading so many great reviews on this product and seeing Michelle Phan use it several times in her tutorials, I finally caved and bought it. Unfortunately, I found this product terrible. It's so DRY, hard, cakey, is nearly impossible to blend and settles into fine lines I never even knew I had (I'm 22). I took it back after a week of trying to make it work and got my $30,00 back :/

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2009 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this because I recently fell in love with the Lise Watier water proof eyeliner pencils. This looked like an ingenious concealer with all the colours in one handy case. Sadly, it is difficult to blend, shows the slight flakes on the sides of my nose and cakes into fine lines around my eyes. I came here to read the reviews and even watched Michelle Phan use it but I could not get this to work for me. I had it for a week and then returned it. I am back to my HG concealer, Lancome Effacernes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2009 4:14:00 PM More reviews by thesmittenmitten

This is totally my Holy Grail! Ever since I've gotten it, I can't live without it. And I've practically dropped my liquid/powder foundation just because this portfolio works really well to create a smooth and flawless complexion for me. I use every single colour every time I use it, so I think it is worth buying for that price. And I have to pay extra for postage as I'm staying in the UK! Can't find this anywhere here, so have to get online. Now I wish I had gotten 2 so I don't run out, but I guess 1 wheel can probably last me for a long time. If you have Lise Watier near you, you have to get this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2009 12:06:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

There really should be a "maybe" option for this. I chose "yes" just to boost up the ratings :)

I too, (like many saw this product on one of those tutorials on youtube). I read that you're supposed to use a brush to apply this, but I find i get a better result using my fingers. If you make sure your hands are clean before you use this everytime, I think it should be fine. I find that the packaging looks rather cheap (compared to her other products) but i guess it's how the products works that matters. This stuff is pretty good. I was shocked to see the redness around my nose disappear when i used the "green" colour. The lavender colour really did brighten up my eyes and made them pop when I applied it near the tear ducts (inner corners). Ivory and the yellow do a great job in covering up my dark circles and other skin imperfections. The "contouring" colour works well to sculpt the nose area (creating a higher taller bridge) I can see myself utilizing all the colours so this was definitely a great buy! $29CDN may seem steep but look at this way. Most concealers come in 3g pots (MAC) and go for about $18. With this you get 25gs (5X more) for less than half the price! I also like how each colour has their own "section" so you don't have to worry contaminating or the colours bleeding/blending into each other :) Also, there's a description on what each colour is used for on the bottom of the wheel :) very helpful!

Tip - if you find the product a little hard and dry...use a blow dryer and heat it up for a bit... this warms it up and make application a lot smoother :) Also, make sure your skin is well moisturized before using this product, makes a HUGE difference :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by aprilpinkbeauty

I also saw this product from videos by Michelle Phan on Youtube. This product covers my dark under eye circles and redness around my nose area really well. I use a combination of the two flesh colours for my under eyes and green for the redness around my nose.

If I use this concealer wheel I have to heat it up with my hair drier because its far from creamy and doesn't apply to my delicate under eyes smoothly. No matter what brush I use (or my finger) it tugs on my skin. I also find the consistency a bit cakey and sticky. If I use this concealer I'll apply it first, then my foundation (I usually do it the other way) because I find it extremely hard to blend.

I will purchase this again because it does work well for coverage and the green slice is a must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2009 6:15:00 PM More reviews by stefyak

yes, i initially saw Michelle Phan had this. Usually i ignore the products people on youtube use and find my own version that works for me. But i just couldnt get this product out of my head.
I used to suffer from severe acne so i have scars all over my face. I mulled over purchasing it for several weeks, but in the end i decided it was worth it because there is a lot of each shade and other products that are similar to this just weren't working for me.
I really like it. I use the green and dark brown to cover up any break-out i currently have and use the lighter shades to cover any scars. super-duper. recommended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 1:47:00 AM More reviews by dolce_1127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is going to be famous because of MichellePhan Ricebunny on Youtube AHAHA, and it IS amazing. It covers everything from circles to even pores. My complain is that if you have wrinkle, (I have a little right under my eyes) it creases. So you need heavy eye cream under it. Otherwise all good. Most of what the user said below me is true. And I like how it covers like a dream and lasts a good while long too! And please, use a brush. And really it is not expensive, it contains 25g of product which is like a foundation (usually 30ml).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2009 10:51:00 PM More reviews by Lk21

OK, so I was suckered into this product while watching MichellePhan's videos on Youtube. She is constantly using this palette. I decided to try this out when my beloved Shu Uemura pro concealer changed its packaging and lost 1g of product (1.5g now, still the same price though...yeah I know..) This Portfolio, however, comes with 5 colors, each at 5g *gasp*. And all for the same price as I used to pay for ONE Shu Uemura concealer!!
I mostly use the Ivory shade for my undereye circles (make sure to moisturize A LOT before using this there, or else it will look obvious!!) and it works even better than any other concealer I've used in the past. I also use the Green shade for red spots that I might have. The Lilac shade is great for under the brows, to make them pop, and anywhere else you might need extra highlighting. I use the Yellow Beige shade on top of my Ivory shade, for days when my dark circles are in need of more concealing. And lastly, the Brown shade I haven't used yet, but it is primarily used for contouring your face.

I recommend using a brush for this. I use my Anna Sui concealer brush for this, but any small concealer brush will do the job. Just make sure to pat on the color to the areas, not rubbing too much or that can ruin the look. Then i gently pat the area under my eyes with my ring finger, and dust some loose powder to set it. If you are applying this on spots, I recommend dabbing only a SMALL bit of the green, pat it in with your finger, and apply loose powder. I find that whenever you rub this product in, the result is usually bad.

I would highly recommend this for anyone looking for a good quality concealer palette, but doesn't feel like spending a lot for each single color. I got mine for $29CND at London Drugs.