September 3, 2014 | 1568 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by carlingus

THIS is my favorite compact powder for keeping with me at all times. It's not going to cover anything, so it definitely isn't good for someone looking for coverage but it IS going to keep you matte. I think, reading through a lot of these negative reviews, if you do not have really REALLY oily skin (as I do) then you aren't going to appreciate this....but if you are a greasy gal this stuff is ridiculous. I only need to touch up about 3 times a day when using this versus 5+....and it keeps me from just giving up halfway through the day and washing my face and starting over like I used to.

Oh, and I have seriously tried just about every compact/loose high-end oil controlling power I could get my hands on and then finally, as I was beggining my rounds of drugstore powders I cam across this and I'm satisfied. It's lovely to be satisfied with a product, not necessarily overjoyed, because let's face the facts here NOTHING is going to change my DNA and make me a non-oily person but this is the best pressed powder I've ever owned at keeping me looking fresh, clean, soft and matte. This rivals Kryolan anti shine because I do think it seems to keep me matte for slightly longer...I may need to test it some more.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2010 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Liita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

hmm... I'm not convinced, the texture is really weird my face looks odd when I wear it, I can't explain it, maybe is because of the color, that is a bit too dark for me (I bought hazelnut dark 2-3) and I'm removing a lippie for that and two lippies for the smell, I can't get over it!!! I swear when I wear this and my Colorstay fdnt I wanna go crazy! anyways, as for oil control... my skin is REALLY oily, and this doesn't do much so yeah... I doubt I'll buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2010 12:01:00 AM More reviews by JYCS19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Texture seems nice, but I broke out from it. The coloring isn't too great. I am yellow-based in foundation/ makeup. Packing seems cheap. The bad rating is pretty much because I broke out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2010 11:56:00 PM More reviews by brokentyrant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is very similar to my physcians formula. Does not blend into skin completely, or give any color. Does blend in good, but feels heavy on face. Like the mirror, but think it is a ripoff at least used w/ maybelline pure.

I have applied this again and with a lighter hand and it does blend in flawlessly, as far as coverage there is still none, but will update on how it sets makeup.

UPDATE
Have broken out either from the magnesium stearate or the isdecyl neoponeate. I tried layering this stuff on and it still did not make my makeup last two hours and i am not that sweaty. Tried numerous times.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/24/2010 9:55:00 AM More reviews by 94hvtru

I really wanted to like this powder. It had a nice matte but natural finish to it and i kind of liked the packaging. I thought it was neat. Anyways, I'm pretty sure this broke me out. :( so i won't be using again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by avalon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a good basic pressed powder. I usually apply this with a powder brush instead of the puff thing it comes with. Helps keep my face looking more polished and matte. Doesn't do anything wonderful, but for a basic powder that won't break you out or break the bank, this is great.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 12:16:00 AM More reviews by crystalxo101

I liked this product a lot, i know some people were like it made me break out, but it never made me break out and i have VERY senstive skin, i mean proavtic mad em break out and so did clean and clear, thats how my skin is, but this as nice and controlled the shine very good. I loved it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by laurxrawr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Been using this for a few days now
Its probably one of the best powders I have used that includes department store brands. It's super finely milled. It goes on like a dream and is never cakey. Even when I use the puff(which is surprisingly not useless like most tools that come with) it looks good. Although I usually apply this with the big fluffy ecotools brush. It lasts for hours. It keeps me matte for most of the day. This is one of the few powders that keeps my nose free of oil. It doesn't change colors like some other powders. The one not so great thing about Dream Matte Powder is the coverage isn't the best. You're not going to get a MAC like coverage from this. Its a pretty light coverage but that doesn't bother me all that much. The packaging seems to be a complaint target. It really doesn't bother me. I don't use the puff so it is not necessary for me to open and close this repeatedly.It locks properly so I know this won't break in my bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 12:26:00 PM More reviews by rissa1456

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have super oily skin and I have never found a powder that worked this well. Even professional powders. It does not look chalky. Good colors and this controled my oil for 6 hours instead of 1 like many others.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2010 8:49:00 PM More reviews by AsylumFreak

To me this pressed powder is the best I ever bought because it's great for oily skin even though my nose gets a little shiny when it's hot and I usually buy the Mac studio fix pressed powder plus foundation but, if I can't buy it or don't have the money then I buy the maybelline dream matte pressed powder!!!