October 24, 2014 | 1250 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 11:29:00 AM More reviews by pootiebear1031

I read so many reviews about this brush that I had to get my own. I was able to get a really good deal on this brush so I could not pass it up. The brush feels sooooo soft against my skin. I could not believe how soft this brush is. I use the MAC Studio Fix Fluid spf 15 foundation and when I applied it with this brush it went on so much smoother and it does give you an airbrushed look. This brush also helped blend my concealer as well. I also used it to apply my MAC Mineralize powder and I was very impressed. This brush made my makeup application quicker and easier. This brush also helps you to use less foundation and powder which means ladies less money you have to spend because your foundation will last longer. Trust me this brush is definitely worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by MrsGlamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

MY FAVORITE BRUSH
I use it especially if I have a "so-so" blush and do not want to apply too much. It's great for using in your msf on your cheeks for a good sweep of color. And perfect for your shimmer so you do not apply a huge gob in a certain place.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by rebelprince

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this brush as much as I love the 188. The two together are all I need to create a beautiful face without looking overly made up. I use the 187 mostly for powders, and the way it applies is completely dreamy. The finish of the two duo fibre brushes is no different, though. It makes applying powder a complete dream. It creates soft and silky layers that are thin and simply veil the skin in the most natural looking finish.
I bought this brush on an impulse, which was a little silly of me, but I keep thanking myself for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Daphne1988

I love this product! Theres just something about it, it really spreads it evenly giving you a flawless finish. I can use it to apply my moisturizer, foundation and powder. I first saw this product from my friend, and boy I fell in love with it. Its the best and is my favorite MAC brush. Its not even that expensive, totally worth the price. I definately reccomend this product! Give it a try.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2009 12:42:00 PM More reviews by nata779

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I know I am in minority here but I've never used a professional brush which would be as useless/poorly performing as this one. I usually apply my liquid foundations with fingertips although I did try a few foundation brush like Lancome, etc. I however didn't find them to perform better than my "origional" method. The results I achieved with this brush was a disaster. Uneven application, spots, pores all over my face in the places which I wasn't even aware of. Next day I tried another foundation - with the same results. Given that my skin is very good and I often tell my colleagues what I am using for it, after using that brush I got questions "what happened to your face?" and "did you get a peel?" And I did try to apply the foundations in curcular motions and light strikes, and you name it. This piece of work goes back to the store today.

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2009 1:03:00 AM More reviews by iheartNARS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this brush to apply bronzer. I love how it doesn't pick up too much product and the flawless finish it gives my makeup. Even though 187 has a ton of uses, I don't really reach for it too often. It's a nice brush to have, but not a must have for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2009 11:06:00 PM More reviews by canadaustralia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Awesome brush. I really don't like wearing liquid foundation as I don't like to look like I'm wearing makeup. That's until I used the 187 brush. Before I used sponges and the coverage was uneven and so hard to blend.

This brush lets me get great natural coverage! Love, love, love!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2009 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Silmadel

Okay I went on a make up brush haul and got a MAC foundation brush, stippling brush, concealer brush and contour brush. I love the brushes but the stippling brush's (#187) hairs fell out a bit but it's got happening anymore. The GOSH Duo Fibre Lightweight Stippling Brush is the business though seriously it's the crap.
x

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by JennlovesRob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy Grail brush right here!!! I *LOVE* this for applying my liquid foundations with. Since I've been using this brush to apply my foundation, I've gotten so many compliments on my skin *believe me, my skin is awful without foundation* I've told people that I've just been using a different technique, then the sponge or the foundation brush, and already 2 people I know decided to buy the brush just to apply liquid foundation with. It's good for blush too, but really try it with liquid foundation and you'll never want to go back to a really foundation brush again

**EDIT** Have to take back my HG status for this brush. It was good, but liquid foundation, but I found a much much better brush for stippling with. It's not as dense, as I know wish it was. I've got back to using a wet sponge for my foundation, it's simpler and gives a nice smooth finish + looks more natural.

Another complaint, is that the white part of my brush started going blue---and that blue was going on my face with my foundation! I couldn't get the blue dis-coloration out, no matter what I did, so, it's perfectly useless for me now, but my DH is using it to apply his shaving gel on now, so at least it's not gone in the bin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by zvrkmiki

If you do not know/understand what raves are all about, buy it and you will know. In Europe it is very expensive (50euros), so I didnít easily gave that money, but now that I did I am so glad, and I will give it again. Applying foundation with it Ė dream. You save your product, and face looks airbrushed. Fantastic!!!! Must have.