April 20, 2014 | 1711 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2009 2:34:00 AM More reviews by JennlovesRob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy Grail brush right here!!! I *LOVE* this for applying my liquid foundations with. Since I've been using this brush to apply my foundation, I've gotten so many compliments on my skin *believe me, my skin is awful without foundation* I've told people that I've just been using a different technique, then the sponge or the foundation brush, and already 2 people I know decided to buy the brush just to apply liquid foundation with. It's good for blush too, but really try it with liquid foundation and you'll never want to go back to a really foundation brush again

**EDIT** Have to take back my HG status for this brush. It was good, but liquid foundation, but I found a much much better brush for stippling with. It's not as dense, as I know wish it was. I've got back to using a wet sponge for my foundation, it's simpler and gives a nice smooth finish + looks more natural.

Another complaint, is that the white part of my brush started going blue---and that blue was going on my face with my foundation! I couldn't get the blue dis-coloration out, no matter what I did, so, it's perfectly useless for me now, but my DH is using it to apply his shaving gel on now, so at least it's not gone in the bin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by zvrkmiki

If you do not know/understand what raves are all about, buy it and you will know. In Europe it is very expensive (50euros), so I didnít easily gave that money, but now that I did I am so glad, and I will give it again. Applying foundation with it Ė dream. You save your product, and face looks airbrushed. Fantastic!!!! Must have.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2009 7:15:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

people make a biiig deal for this for liquid foundation. i like it for powder products more.
when using crea/liqud, it can get streaky, especially around the nose area where it gets harder to blend out.
but it's AMAZING for blush, it applies sheer so it's easy to build and makes it look so fresh. good blush brush and for overall setting powder

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Chelle102

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush can be used for so many things. I love this brush. I use it mostly for liquid foundations. I use the small one for blushes. I really think you get your moneys worth with this brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 12:16:00 AM More reviews by skittlesxp

This brush is awesome. You get a sheer application of foundation, yet great coverage as well. Very nice, but very pricey.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2008 4:12:00 PM More reviews by emwo12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Meh. To be completely honest i don't really see what all the hype is about this brush. I tried it with liquid foundation today and it was too sheer for me. I prefer my Tarte kabuki brush (i wish i could make a law that everyone has to own this brush). So i've been using the 187 for a blush brush. It does a nice job, but isn't anything that a regular blush brush couldn't do. Maybe i would be more impressed with it if i used it with a darker or super pigmented blush. I use orgasm which is the perfect shade for my skin tone and is really hard for me to overdo so i dont' really worry about using a light hand with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2008 3:10:00 PM More reviews by tepurnell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy moly! This brush is good. I never thought a brush could make my life so much easier. I love it, love it, love it. Applies foundation like a dream. So worth getting!

***** 5/19/09 UPDATE ***** Just bought another one! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I have one for powders and another for liquids. If you don't already own it, go out and get one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 11:16:00 AM More reviews by maggiealex

IN LOVE!!!!!!!! this brush cuts my makeup time in half. i use it for almost everything on my face from foundation to powder to blush....EVERYTHING!!! just the airbrushed look i've been looking for!!

well yeah it's an expensive brush but a really good alternative is the duo fibre brush from "Adriana Karembeu"'s line...exactly the same brush for 18 euros.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 9:05:00 PM More reviews by tararae

This brush is as good as everyone says it is. I used it for blush EVERY day, I've had it a year and it looks as good as new after a quick wash.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 4:16:00 AM More reviews by Angie7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent brush, like everyone says it will give you an airbrushed finish. It is a bit to large to apply blush for people with high cheekbones, so I don't use it for that. I am using it for finishing powder and reach for it constantly. The brush is easy to clean, luckily I did not have a problem with shedding. Smells fine from the beginning, and I have heard it is great for applying liquid foundation.