MAC #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

4.5

HAIRZ

on 1/16/2009 2:10:00 PM

great brush, but too pricy.

on 1/16/2009 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I am absolutely makeup dumb. Not good at applying makeup due to shaky hands/bad eyes/an inability to see streaks or flaws or anything. For (IMO) the most complicated component of beauty, liquid foundation, someone like me needs the 187 brush.

It makes putting the foundation on so easy. Also, it looks flawless. What you do is dab the top of the brush in the foundation, then dot it all around your face. Then, blend it all in with the brush using circular buffing motion.

44 dollars is a ton of money to spend on a brush. However, it is definitely worth it if you are like me.

on 1/15/2009 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

With a wide barrel, synthetic and natural dual phase, and multi-use functionality, this brush will enhance product application, immensely. Breakdown:
Pro: Long barrel, clever use of fiber optics and goat hair, can be used to apply wet and dry formulas, Offers the ability to create a wash of sheer cheek color, can easily give the novice makeup artist professional results that yield little difficulty, works well with liquid foundation giving a thin, and even coverage, works well with finishing powders delivering just the right amount of product to the plane of foundation.
Con: Is not useful for cream based product application, although the brush's functionality is not spared by time, the aesthetic nature is (the goat hair dries and gets frizzy), Must be cleaned very often, difficult to travel with, can be tedious in application of a high coverage powder finish.
Personal thought: I would recommend getting at least two as they soil easily. I prefer my 190 over the 187 for liquid application (Iím OCD about exact application when it comes to liquid foundation), although I use the 187 to blend liquid into my neck. Works well when setting liquid with Mineralize Skin Finish Natural pressed powder. I have a full sized that stays at home and a short handle edition for school touchups. (Iím that vain boy in the bathroom mirror between every class)

on 1/15/2009 6:54:00 PM

I love this brush. I got it as a result of the high reviews on MUA and I don't regret it one bit. I use it to apply my foundation and powder. It gives my face a soft airbrushedlook. You can also use it to apply other products like blush, bronzer etc. However, the problem with that is that the brush will get quite dirty with all these products on it. So, it's probably best to get a 2nd brush if you would like to use other poducts. But that's only if you have extra $$$ lying around becuase this brush is pretty expensive!!!

on 1/13/2009 12:03:00 PM

I hummed and hawwed over whether I really needed this brush, because i use my fingers to apply foundation, but being the addict i am - it went on my christmas wishlist, and my brothers girlfriend kindly got me it.

I used this to apply blush and it is just perfection. MSF's - perfection. It makes your cheeks glow...well, the msf helps, but you know what i mean.

So far that's all I've used this for but i'm sure it will be perfect for blending creme blush out too, and I might even give it a go with foundation.

I LOVE this and highly recommend it.

on 1/13/2009 11:58:00 AM

I recommend this brush 100% to all of you who need to apply blush, powder, highlighter or fluid foundation.
It makes things easier and way better.
It blends MU seamlessly with your skin or will finish your MU with powder and is so soft!
So professional, like a celebrity look, you can achieve it with the 187.
At $42 +tax is expensive, but it's an investment so at the end is as important as getting lets say good skincare.
You will notice the difference, go and get it!

on 1/13/2009 1:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

believe the hype!

on 1/11/2009 3:20:00 PM

Wow. Thats all i can say. I already used to get compliments on my skin, but this takes it to a whole new level. Just buy it and see.

on 1/10/2009 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This brush is pretty good for applying my Studio Fix Fluid, and it blends very well but it's difficult to maneuver around the eyes and nose and leaves streaks. Mine also sheds alot even after I've washed it several times. It sorta makes me look cakey. For the price I was expecting better results but I'm still fairly happy with it. It makes my pores look bigger around my nose, if it wasn't for that I would've given it 5 lippies but it still applies so evenly and looks pretty flawless. I just bought the 109 brush after hearing the reviews and can't wait to try it!

on 1/10/2009 5:10:00 PM

I was using the 190 brush and decided to switch to the 187 after hearing people rave about it on youtube. The price is expensive but the brush is brillant. It blends well with my liquid foundation and gives an airbrush finish. I didnt give it five lippies because of the price.

Video Reviews & Tutorials