Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 2/25/2009 1:35:00 PM

I bought this on a whim, worked well, but it made my lashes crunchy. I hate crunchy lashes. I have a bit of mixed feelings on this one.

on 2/25/2009 6:14:00 AM

This mascara is hard to remove. I don't use a lot of mascara but I'm not pleased about this one. I'm not going to buy this one again.

on 2/24/2009 1:09:00 AM

Jet black. High volume. Medium long lashes. However it doesn't give that 'faux lashes' look that I'm trying for. I do love clinique products though, & this mascara was certainly not a let down.

I like the mascara wand makes it easier to build and comb the lashes easily. I like that it adds length and volume. It does feel as it dries out fast. Gives light clumping towards the end of the day. Not worth the price for fast drying and not long lasting. Does not give me the drama I like in mascara. More an everyday mascara.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't know how "high impact" this mascara is, but it is great for everyday--it's my staple. It does have a tendency to smudge, but it makes my lashes a full, rich black without being too overdone or distracting.

on 2/22/2009 12:05:00 PM

First of all, I have eyelashes that most women would kill for. I didn't know this until I started wearing makeup and the artists always comment on my lashes. They're long and curl naturally. I just want a mascara that gives them some color, and makes my eyes pop. This does just that. Easy to remove, hate waterproof mascara, and easy to put on. The only problem is when it's very cold and frost forms on my eyelashes, then it smears all over my eyes. Yuck.

on 2/22/2009 12:06:00 AM

This is really thick and heavy. It looked okay after one light coat, but it didn't lengthen much or separate my lashes enough, so I thought I'd try a little more... bad idea. It got incredibly clumpy, heavy, ashy-colored, my lashes bent in weird directions and still weren't separated/defined... it was bad. If one light coat doesn't work for you, then don't keep trying with this one! (But check out Clinique's Long and Pretty Lashes; that's my HG.)

This is my HG Mascara. It thickens my lashes wonderfully and does not smudge or flake. I have to use a lash curler in conjunction with this product as it only amplifies the lashes and does not curl.

When I buy a new tube, I leave it standing on end (overnight) with the top partially open. This thickens the product a bit and makes it work even better. Yes, it's weird, but it works.

on 2/18/2009 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Comparing this to Shu Uemura Precise Volume which retails for $10 more, I would buy this 10 times over.. Gosh.. It makes the brush on Shu Uemura seem so retarded and messy! Love the smooth, non-clumpy application, just as lengthening as Shu Uemura, and separates lashes well. It could hold a curl better, but then again it doesn't weigh them down at all. Also, at the counter I tried both this and Clinique's long pretty lashes.. This seemed to be more lengthening to me.. Well I am pretty new at mascaras and only buy from companies that don't test on animals (never tried Maybelline or CoverGirl) so take it for what it's worth.

on 2/18/2009 10:43:00 PM

I absolutely LOVE this mascara. It makes my lashes look naturally longer. It also keeps them seperate as well. I've never had a problem with clumping or lashes sticking together, aside from Lash Blast, this is my favorite!