August 20, 2014 | 2015 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2008 12:39:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I am usually a big fan of Clinique for simple, no-fuss cosmetics, including some of their other mascara formulae. So when I got a tube of this as a GWP, I had reasonable, if not high, expectations. It is the WORST mascara I've ever used. My eyes were itch-city (and I generally don't have an insufferable problem with eye makeup, despite being a bit sensitive) and the mascara quickly became smudge-city despite a concerted effort to keep from rubbing. The pay off was nothing to write home about: darkening and defining for a decidedly understated lash. But the worst -- hear me, Clinique? W-O-R-S-T -- thing about this 'scara was its effect on my lashes! My naturally long, thick lashes not only suffered the indignities of me clawing at my eyes by the end of the day, but they started to break off!!! ACK! I've never had this problem with any other mascara -- Clinique, MAC, UD, L;Oreal, Almay, Origins -- never! So this has gone straight to the waste bucket and I've gone down on one knee to pray that my lovely lashes haven't been permanently maimed. Total suck, obv. will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2008 8:42:00 PM More reviews by topcat92

I was bought this product by a friend and immediately I fell in love with the brush. Long and thin, it covers all my lashes in one swoop without being cumbersome at all. It separates my lashes well, there is no clumping with this mascara! I love the length it gives me and while it is by no means a false lash effect, it gives my short lashes the appearance of length and volume which I really like a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2008 7:12:00 PM More reviews by krw134

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another winner from Clinique for me. After trying a small tube that came with a GWP, I was hooked. It never clumps or flakes on me and does not irritate my eyes. It lengthens and gives volume with out giving me spider-lashes. It seems like High Impact is always included with GWP, so I've never bought it. However, would not hesitate to buy it if I should ever run out of minis.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2008 5:07:00 PM More reviews by legault

Smudges horribly - look like a racoon by mid-day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2008 1:24:00 PM More reviews by yshah0621

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great everyday mascara. Natural looking, volumizing, and pretty lengthening as well. Doesn't clump doesn't flake. The color payoff is also pretty strong.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2008 6:17:00 AM More reviews by dlbd2k06

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara definately did not deliver high impact. It did give some length but no volume. If you are looking for a somewhat natural looking lengthing mascara, this would be worth a shot. Personally, I like a more dramatic look, so not for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2008 9:39:00 PM More reviews by resco

This mascara lengthens lashes, but does not thicken them. If you are looking for both lengthening and thickening then I recommend, without a doubt, Diorshow mascara. Otherwise, this mascara delivers an excellent lengthening effect. Furthermore, the application runs along the lashes smoothly. However, since the formula dries quickly, I do not bother applying a second coat. As when I try to apply a second coat, I get clumps-- beware. Overall, I do recommend this mascara if your are looking long lashes and flirty peepers. One coat only!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2008 12:31:00 AM More reviews by tracy1031

the first time I tried this was when my bestfriend got it for free (in a gift bag) and even though it didnt give me or her extreme volume or length, it did give us both natural volume but our lashes were still soft. So, when i ran out of mascara i decided to get one, and its not the same. the trial size ones are much better for some reason, oh well

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2008 1:30:00 PM More reviews by qdenise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Can I just say this is the worst mascara I've ever used so far. It smudges, it clumps, it doesn't hold the curl...ok, I have poker straight lashes but after I use the curler it has got to hold the shape at least, it just makes it back to straight again...unbelievable! However careful I am, it always gets on my eye lid(which has never happened on my other mascaras). On the other hand, it does give you length and a little bit more volume. So my solution was buying a mascara fix. However I will not buy this again once I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2008 7:22:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This may just be my HG mascara. I have thin, light eye lashes and this makes me look like I have EYE LASHES. It is what it is called: High impact. I apply only to the top lashes but I don't get any smudging in my concealer even after crying. I can't expect much more than that. I use a creme make-up remover and the product comes right off but I can see how it may be difficult to remove otherwise.