September 30, 2014 | 1694 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Nice mascara!
Gives nice volume + length with only 2 coats.
It's buildable and can go from defined for day to *wow* at night. The black color is really dark and makes my lashes stand out.
It's a really wet formula , so it's easy to run a lash comb through if you've over-applied.
The brush is quite large, unnecessarily large actually, so it tends to get a bit messy when you are in a rush and trying to throw it on. It doesn't really flake or smudge through the day.
The one really odd thing about this though is that when I'm layering it on I notice that it makes the ends of my lashes as fat as the base, and it also accentuates any odd kinks in lashes- which usually mascara straightens out/gets rid of if you KWIM.
Other than that it's pretty good and can give a really nice doll-eyed look.
I'm still on the fence about repurchasing but selected "yes" because overall I do like it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 11:26:00 AM More reviews by foreverxsummer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a GWP that came with my Christmas present. I was so excited to find a small tube of High Impact in my bag. However, I was disappointed. While this mascara gave my lashes lovely volume, it did not give them any length. I found it clumped a bit too much for my taste. I would've expected better from a brand like Clinique. Not bad, though. But it could've been better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite Clinique mascara. I love this type of mascara brush, although the large size of it might seem inconvenient for application, it's the best type of brush (IMO) for fanning out the lashes and making them look both fuller and longer. This never clumps or flakes off or irritates my sensitive eyes, and Clinique's mascaras are reasonably priced. I want to try the "Black Honey" shade! UPDATE: I purchased this in Black Honey finally, and I love it! It's like a deep auburn which is perfect for this strawberry blonde gal!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by iwannabeakennedy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked it, it was indeed high impact. I got it as a sample when I restocked my 3 step. I liked that it provided thick dark lashes, but had to use an extra spoolie to deal with clumping. Sexy lashes though and it came off with remover, but not during the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2009 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Just_Sara

Not bad!

Pros:
- Washes away easily
- I have had no smudging or falking problems.
- No clumps!
- Doesnt make your lashes hard.

Cons:
-No falslash effect. Drugstore product can give the same amount of volume!
- The product dried up after two months.. shame shame

Conclusion:
A very nice mascara.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2009 12:08:00 AM More reviews by krida12300

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a free sample of this mascara with a purchase at Sephora. It worked very well but it sometimes made my lashes extremely clumpy. I would re-buy though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2009 10:31:00 PM More reviews by natablue

This is my go-to mascara. I have really light colored eyelashes, and this gives them a nice plush look without looking spidery or clumpy.
I put two coats on my top lashes only, and it's perfect.
Clinique aways seems to include samples in their freebie gift sets, so I always have extras for travel!
I wish the price wasn't as high, because I do buy mascara frequently (I work in TV, a full face of makeup is a must every day), but I highly recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2009 5:50:00 PM More reviews by OutOfLine

This wasnt a huge dissapointment... because my friend gave me the sample of this mascara.
Its very basic mascara with very basic natural results... because I'm a dramatic false lash girl this mascara did not cut it..... i would sujest the hypnose (read my review).
Sorry clinique... but you guys must have been high when you decided it made a "high impact"... in other words.... you could buy a drugstore mascara for a lower price and nicer results.
___________________________________________________________
Why would i give a basic but decentmascara 1 lippie? Because it didnt do what it was meant to.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2009 3:51:00 PM More reviews by AudGreene

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

You know how every now and then, there's a seemingly random product that unexpectedly blows your mind? Well, this was one of those products for me.

This has become my HG mascara after many, many tries and failures (DiorShow, Great Lash, Definicils, etc. - if it's famous, I've tried it). It includes all of the features of my perfect mascara, listed below in rank of importance:

- LENGTH, LENGTH, LENGTH. To me, there is nothing more gorgeous than mile-long lashes. If you're one of those folks who like their lashes at a natural length, High Impact isn't for you.

- NO SMUDGE. I can wear this on my tops and bottoms for the whole day, and it will be in the same place I applied it 16 hours ago.

- THICKNESS WITHOUT CLUMPS. I apply 3 coats to build the perfect volume (not weirdly thick), and it never clumps. With this product, my lash comb is unused, and I'm thrilled about no longer having to separate my lashes with a treacherous safety pin.

I'm surprised this product hasn't gotten the attention it deserves. It is the only Clinique item I own as well as my stranded-on-a-desert-island-with-only-one-makeup-item product.

The product's only flaw is that after 4-5 months, the tube cracks, and the mascara dries out a bit. But if you go through mascara quickly like me (every 3-4 months), this shouldn't prevent you from trying this incredible product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2009 12:01:00 PM More reviews by dominicangirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm typically a Maybelline girl when it comes to mascara, and I usually hate high end brand mascaras. However, I got a sample of high impact when I purchased my acne solutions, so I tried it out.

The brush is very good, it reaches all my lashes, even the tiny ones. It's very good sized - not too big, not too small. There is a scent to the mascara but it's not overpowering and too chemically. The formulation is very good also -- usually mascaras feel hard and crunchy on my lashes, but this one makes my lashes so SOFT! The formula is really smooth and non-clumpy, it applys like a dream. Never have a had a mascara have such a nice, smooth formula before. Needless to say, I experienced no clumping, and I get no flaking or smudging either.

In terms of length, it's decent. One coat of this gives a natural, but nice and polished look. The colour is a very rich black that doesn't look dull and flat like some other mascaras. It's very easy to layer this mascara; 2-3 coats gives really good volume and good length.

Overall, a very good mascara. No clumps/flaking/crunchy feeling/irritation of the eyes...and it provides good length and volume, and holds a curl well. Easy to take off at night too without tugging harshly on the lashes. This would make a GREAT daytime mascara, but you can also punch up the volume for night-time if you layer it. Quite possibly my new HG...?!

UPDATE:- I don't really use this mascara anymore...it irritates my eyes, flakes like crazy, gets clumpy...ugggh, knocking off 2 lippies.