November 27, 2014 | 1359 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2009 2:59:00 PM More reviews by ennisprettykitty

My HG mascara!!The first day i wore this, i got my frst ever compliment on my lashes!!I was told my lashes looked full and healthy.My eyes are quite sensitive and this mascara didnt irritate or flake into my eyes or around them.It made my lashes look full with no clumps or need to brush them through.It was a gift from someone so i cant comment on price, but i am finding this hard to locate in Ireland.It is easy to remove with even water.Packaging is fine, nothing fancy but it dont need it to be.Easy to build for a stronger look.
UPDATE 20 July 2009
Still a brillant mascara always get compliments:)Still easy to remove to water, in fact in easier to remove with water..Can't imagine using another one:)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Emyx3

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this mascara paired with my lancome primer. Alone, it wasn't good enough for 5 stars.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by missytease

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would never buy this mascara. The only reason i have it is because it came with the clinique gift. It is just okay. Doesn't lengthen or give volume to my lashes. seems to weight it down a lot. my curls don't last with this mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by cosmeticsjunkieee

i got this as an sample from macy's.
it does a great job lengthening. also if you put it on your lower lashes, it doesn't look too dramatic or fake so this is a good mascara for everyday use.
however, it is pretty expensive and you can get the same results from a drugstore mascara.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2009 1:13:00 AM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

If this were a drugstore mascara, I'd give it four stars. But this is a department store mascara so since I'm paying over twice the amount I'm paying for a drugstore mascara, I'm expecting twice the results and frankly this gives me drugstore results. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice natural mascara that provides definition and lift, but it isn't volumizing. This mascara would be nice for someone who works in a setting where makeup needs to be kept minimal and is looking for a professional, natural looking mascara. I however, prefer to amp up my lashes and I'm afraid 'high impact' didn't give me the impact I was looking for.
UPDATE: this mascara clumps and clumps and clumps. i'm knocking off another star.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2009 1:07:00 AM More reviews by kristina86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pretty good mascara for a natural look, but I prefer a more dramatic doll-eyed look. I don't have a problem with this mascara, but I don't think it should be named 'high impact.' It works a bit better than a drugstore mascara, as it doesn't clump or make lashes spidery. This did not smudge or run on me either. I found that this mascara looks better with a primer underneath (I use MAC). I'm not positive that I'd purchase this again, as I'm looking for something more dramatic, that thickens my lashes. This should just be called "Impact."

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2009 2:14:00 PM More reviews by BumBumKoala

Lengthens my lashes but clumps like heck!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 7:03:00 AM More reviews by cem

Best mascara I've ever used! Separates lashes, more volume, and yet with a very natural effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 4:07:00 AM More reviews by unche

I loooove this mascara; it's my favourite (even more than Diorshow!) and I've been useing it for several years now. My lashes are pretty long and curled naturally, but they're very light. This mascara does wonders for them; it does a great job of separating the lashes and is not clumpy at all. I like the big, thick brush, but I do agree that the formula is initially quite wet and I prefer it after a few uses.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Nice mascara!
Gives nice volume + length with only 2 coats.
It's buildable and can go from defined for day to *wow* at night. The black color is really dark and makes my lashes stand out.
It's a really wet formula , so it's easy to run a lash comb through if you've over-applied.
The brush is quite large, unnecessarily large actually, so it tends to get a bit messy when you are in a rush and trying to throw it on. It doesn't really flake or smudge through the day.
The one really odd thing about this though is that when I'm layering it on I notice that it makes the ends of my lashes as fat as the base, and it also accentuates any odd kinks in lashes- which usually mascara straightens out/gets rid of if you KWIM.
Other than that it's pretty good and can give a really nice doll-eyed look.
I'm still on the fence about repurchasing but selected "yes" because overall I do like it.