October 25, 2014 | 1712 users online

Mascara - Clinique - High Impact Mascara

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2009 2:14:00 PM More reviews by BumBumKoala

Lengthens my lashes but clumps like heck!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 7:03:00 AM More reviews by cem

Best mascara I've ever used! Separates lashes, more volume, and yet with a very natural effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 4:07:00 AM More reviews by unche

I loooove this mascara; it's my favourite (even more than Diorshow!) and I've been useing it for several years now. My lashes are pretty long and curled naturally, but they're very light. This mascara does wonders for them; it does a great job of separating the lashes and is not clumpy at all. I like the big, thick brush, but I do agree that the formula is initially quite wet and I prefer it after a few uses.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Nice mascara!
Gives nice volume + length with only 2 coats.
It's buildable and can go from defined for day to *wow* at night. The black color is really dark and makes my lashes stand out.
It's a really wet formula , so it's easy to run a lash comb through if you've over-applied.
The brush is quite large, unnecessarily large actually, so it tends to get a bit messy when you are in a rush and trying to throw it on. It doesn't really flake or smudge through the day.
The one really odd thing about this though is that when I'm layering it on I notice that it makes the ends of my lashes as fat as the base, and it also accentuates any odd kinks in lashes- which usually mascara straightens out/gets rid of if you KWIM.
Other than that it's pretty good and can give a really nice doll-eyed look.
I'm still on the fence about repurchasing but selected "yes" because overall I do like it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2009 11:26:00 AM More reviews by foreverxsummer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a GWP that came with my Christmas present. I was so excited to find a small tube of High Impact in my bag. However, I was disappointed. While this mascara gave my lashes lovely volume, it did not give them any length. I found it clumped a bit too much for my taste. I would've expected better from a brand like Clinique. Not bad, though. But it could've been better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 10:38:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite Clinique mascara. I love this type of mascara brush, although the large size of it might seem inconvenient for application, it's the best type of brush (IMO) for fanning out the lashes and making them look both fuller and longer. This never clumps or flakes off or irritates my sensitive eyes, and Clinique's mascaras are reasonably priced. I want to try the "Black Honey" shade! UPDATE: I purchased this in Black Honey finally, and I love it! It's like a deep auburn which is perfect for this strawberry blonde gal!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 10:26:00 PM More reviews by iwannabeakennedy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I liked it, it was indeed high impact. I got it as a sample when I restocked my 3 step. I liked that it provided thick dark lashes, but had to use an extra spoolie to deal with clumping. Sexy lashes though and it came off with remover, but not during the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2009 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Just_Sara

Not bad!

Pros:
- Washes away easily
- I have had no smudging or falking problems.
- No clumps!
- Doesnt make your lashes hard.

Cons:
-No falslash effect. Drugstore product can give the same amount of volume!
- The product dried up after two months.. shame shame

Conclusion:
A very nice mascara.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2009 12:08:00 AM More reviews by krida12300

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got a free sample of this mascara with a purchase at Sephora. It worked very well but it sometimes made my lashes extremely clumpy. I would re-buy though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2009 10:31:00 PM More reviews by natablue

This is my go-to mascara. I have really light colored eyelashes, and this gives them a nice plush look without looking spidery or clumpy.
I put two coats on my top lashes only, and it's perfect.
Clinique aways seems to include samples in their freebie gift sets, so I always have extras for travel!
I wish the price wasn't as high, because I do buy mascara frequently (I work in TV, a full face of makeup is a must every day), but I highly recommend!