December 21, 2014 | 1502 users online

Moisturizers - Desert Essence - Jojoba Oil - 100% pure

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2007 8:16:00 PM More reviews by sixxmum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

And then the clouds parted and a pure and crystalline shaft of light shone down from the heavens, illuminating the most amazing of all skincare products to have ever passed from... oh... er... this is some really good stuff. I use it for makeup removal (even stubborn waterproof mascara), as a carrier oil for copper peptides, as a moisturizer, on healing tattoos, and even for massage. It doesn't have a strong scent, and it won't cause your skin to produce more oils (in fact, it decreased the blackheads on my nose). I'm on the dry and sensitive side, and it doesn't bother my skin and does help ward off the dryness. Of all the skincare products I've purchased this year, this is the one that you could not pry from my hands for almost anything. The only downside I can think of is that sometimes there is a little oil that drips down from the cap when you close it and you may need to wipe the bottle off. But, seriously, for an inexpensive, all purpose, gentle and organic facial product, that's not so much to ask.

13 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2007 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Frenchmix

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I really love Jojoba oil, I been using it for many years on parts of my face and under my eyes since I use Retin-A and have oily skin. This stuff keeps your skin super soft and healthy without breakouts. I've used many brands and they are all good as long as it's just pure jojoba oil. Great for your hair also, pre-shampoo or as a leavin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2007 12:19:00 AM More reviews by jailtimediverted

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This really seemed to work at first loosening up my blackheads, but within a month (this being my only product change), my face was MORE broken out than before.

Sadly, this just was not for me. The packaging was sturdy and all, but i wish the opening was slightly smaller, as to dispense smaller amounts as a little goes a long way.

I'm combo-dry, moderately acne prone + have mild eczema. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2007 5:43:00 AM More reviews by aidenfan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

after i had heard some rave reviews on this product a few months ago, i decided to check it out,hoping that it would help my red marks and sort out my dry skin..i used it for about a week and all it did was cause lots of breakouts on my skin and made my skin drier.. i know for the first couple of weeks in can cause your skin to purge but i just couldnt deal with it..didnt really like the packaging either found it very messy

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2007 5:04:00 PM More reviews by dag4321

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using the oil for about a week and am really liking it so far. I massage it into my face to remove my make up then wash it off with a cleanser. I feel like it helps to remove make up and mascara and it seems as if my skin is healthier and less oily. Also think it has helped some old scars fade and reduce the little bumps I had on my upper arms. Will buy again for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2007 2:48:00 AM More reviews by Bratt_the_Catt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I use this every night to clean my face. I just put a bit on a cotton pad. It takes off all makeup, moisturizes and cleanses my dirty little face. I put it in an old (cleaned) KY bottle. It snaps shut, is tiny, does not leak and is perfect for traveling. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2007 6:15:00 PM More reviews by gudewife

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love the oil, loathe the bottle (I keep mine in a dropper). Works well as a gentle facial mositurizer (dry, very red, easily irritated skin), and a little goes a looonnng way. My only real complaint is the bottle. It's impossible to travel with this stuff in the original bottle unless you have it double-bagged in ziplocs, because it leaks horribly. But all in all, an indispensable and economical moisturizer.
UPDATE 12/07: Don't know why it never occurred to me, but today I rubbed 2-3 drops of this in my hands and applied to the ends of my hair. Bye-bye dry winter-air static hair, WAY better than any commercial balm or shiner I've tried. Many uses for this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2007 2:57:00 PM More reviews by cassie785l

LOVE IT! I don't use this on my face, but I do squirt a little bit of this with my body lotion and it works wonders. It even helped to heal my flakey sunburn this summer :) My favorite use for this product is as an overnight treatment for my hair. I'm trying to grow my hair out, and this is helping so much. I have no split ends, and haven't had to trim my hair since May (which is a miracle since I get bleached blonde highlights). Even if I've teased my hair that day, when I put jojoba oil in it at night all the tangles just come right out. It's truly amazing. The only reason I gave this a 4 instead of a 5 is because of the packaging. As other reviewers have noted, it is nearly impossible to close the cap without making a mess, and even more difficult to control the amount of product that comes out of the bottle...but it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2007 5:30:00 PM More reviews by heatheru

Wonderful stuff! A tiny amount rubbed down freshly washed & dried hair makes it so shiny & smoothes frizzies. Rub into scalp and hair for a great moisturizing hair treatment. I also use it everyday for an eye makeup remover (even better than lancome bifacil!), and spot treatments on dry skin patches. I will never go without this stuff again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2007 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Veen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this since a skincare diva friend of mine recommended it. It's good for everything. Bath oil, facial moisturizer, body moisturizer, hands, feet, makeup removal, conditioner, everything.

I find I get the best results when I mix a drop or two of this into facial moisturizer and then pat, not rub, when applying. I will use soft strokes to apply to very dry areas, such as my forehead, but gentle pats of my fingertips to apply to acne-prone areas such as cheeks and nose.

Give it a shot. If it doesn't work on your face, it'll be great for your body.